Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,896 members, 7,806,619 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:12 PM

I Think I Am Slowly Becoming An Atheist. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Think I Am Slowly Becoming An Atheist. (3075 Views)

Mark Zuckerberg Was NEVER An Atheist In The First Place . / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / For Those Who Claim Bishop Adolf Hitler Was An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Think I Am Slowly Becoming An Atheist. by Mercykayy(m): 11:12am On Sep 27, 2016
Please help! I think I am becoming an atheist. I've realized that I just don't believe in christianity anymore. I only attend church services anytime I'm home but not in school. Church preaching are always boring to me..
Please, I don't want insults. Thanks all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Think I Am Slowly Becoming An Atheist. by Ranchhoddas: 11:14am On Sep 27, 2016
An atheist is one who doesn't believe in God. As long as you do you are not an athiest.

1 Like

Re: I Think I Am Slowly Becoming An Atheist. by Nobody: 11:26am On Sep 27, 2016
Ur not alone....

I myself has no religion... Its been more than a decade I never been to any church or prayer halls, I prefer this way as long I have an inner peace.. Tatz what matter to me. cool

5 Likes

Re: I Think I Am Slowly Becoming An Atheist. by brodalikeme(m): 11:27am On Sep 27, 2016
You said you don't believe in Christianity any more, that is wrong, your believe should be in God not Christianity. The right place to start is, fix your relation with God first.
Re: I Think I Am Slowly Becoming An Atheist. by Nobody: 11:31am On Sep 27, 2016
I'll tell you it's dangerous to become an atheist. I'd suggest you read the book of John. The whole book and pray. Don't continue attending church that preaches what's not inline with good conscience. You'll begin to know Jesus Christ and He will meet you where you are.
Mercykayy:
Please help! I think I am becoming an atheist. I've realized that I just don't believe in christianity anymore. I only attend church services anytime I'm home but not in school. Church preaching are always boring to me..

2 Likes

Re: I Think I Am Slowly Becoming An Atheist. by hopefulLandlord: 11:42am On Sep 27, 2016
TheSixthSense:
I'll tell you it's dangerous to become an atheist.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Think I Am Slowly Becoming An Atheist. by Nobody: 11:44am On Sep 27, 2016
Re: I Think I Am Slowly Becoming An Atheist. by Pidggin(f): 11:55am On Sep 27, 2016
Mercykayy:

You are supposed to believe in God first before you talk of religion. Youth is a period where you have, strength, vigor and friends, so one can easily be distracted but look at your parents, they were once like you, time passed and they aged. It will happen to you too.

You need a refuge, someone you can go to when life's problems weigh you down. There is only one person who will there for you if everyone fails you, his name is Jesus. You need a relationship with Him. He will give you wisdom and understanding

1 Like

Re: I Think I Am Slowly Becoming An Atheist. by Mercykayy(m): 11:55am On Sep 27, 2016
TheSixthSense:
I'll tell you it's dangerous to become an atheist. I'd suggest you read the book of John. The whole book and pray. Don't continue attending church that preaches what's not inline with good conscience. You'll begin to know Jesus Christ and He will meet you where you are.
How is that dangerous? And its kinda difficult for me to open a bible. I just can't open it.
Re: I Think I Am Slowly Becoming An Atheist. by Blaqsmith(m): 12:11pm On Sep 27, 2016
Mercykayy:

How is that dangerous? And its kinda difficult for me to open a bible. I just can't open it.
You are already an atheist and that shouldn't be any problem. Try and forget about any imaginary sky beardman and live your life happily.

BTW, Congratulations.

5 Likes

Re: I Think I Am Slowly Becoming An Atheist. by adto(m): 12:12pm On Sep 27, 2016
Ur life ur problem

1 Like

Re: I Think I Am Slowly Becoming An Atheist. by Nobody: 12:17pm On Sep 27, 2016
Yeah that is the implication of visiting this religion section with a weak faith. I know so many baby Christians visit this section and become atheist eventually and I will do all I can to help as many as I can not to fall prey.

For the people who think Christianity is just a "religion", I bet you, in the end, you will realize that Christianity is not just a religion but union between God and His people.

2 Likes

Re: I Think I Am Slowly Becoming An Atheist. by Mercykayy(m): 12:33pm On Sep 27, 2016
Blaqsmith:

You are already an atheist and that shouldn't be any problem. Try and forget about any imaginary sky beardman and live your happily.

BTW, Congratulations.
Thanks buddy
Re: I Think I Am Slowly Becoming An Atheist. by Mercykayy(m): 12:35pm On Sep 27, 2016
adto:
Ur life ur problem
If you've got nothing to contribute. Please stay outta my thread. take care
Re: I Think I Am Slowly Becoming An Atheist. by hopefulLandlord: 12:36pm On Sep 27, 2016
why and how did you find yourself in this situation?
that would tell if you're becoming atheist or not
Re: I Think I Am Slowly Becoming An Atheist. by hopefulLandlord: 12:37pm On Sep 27, 2016
why and how did you find yourself in this situation?
that would tell if you're becoming atheist or not
Re: I Think I Am Slowly Becoming An Atheist. by Mercykayy(m): 12:41pm On Sep 27, 2016
Jesuobu:
Yeah that is the implication of visiting this religion section with a weak faith. I know so many baby Christians visit this section and become atheist eventually and I will do all I can to help as many as I can not to fall prey.

For the people who think Christianity is just a "religion", I bet you, in the end, you will realize that Christianity is not just a religion but union between God and His people.

I don't visit this section and today is my first. OK? My sis is down with kidney failure and no pastor has been able to help. Even known pastors too aren't able to do anything. Thought God is a healer. She is afraid to travel for operation in India and she got a donor already. its been almost 2years now and she's a strong believer too. Can you explain why God choose not to heal her then.
Re: I Think I Am Slowly Becoming An Atheist. by Nobody: 12:44pm On Sep 27, 2016
Mercykayy:

I don't visit this section and today is my first. OK? My sis is down with kidney failure and no pastor has been able to help. Even known pastors too aren't able to do anything. Thought God is a healer. She is afraid to travel for operation in India and she got a donor already. its been almost 2years now and she's a strong believer too. Can you explain why God choose not to heal her then.
He only makes people stand up from wheelchairs. Sorry bro.

3 Likes

Re: I Think I Am Slowly Becoming An Atheist. by hopefulLandlord: 12:46pm On Sep 27, 2016
Mercykayy:

okay, but how does becoming atheist help your sister?

NB: I'm an atheist

5 Likes

Re: I Think I Am Slowly Becoming An Atheist. by Mercykayy(m): 12:55pm On Sep 27, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

okay, but how does becoming atheist help your sister?

NB: I'm an atheist
let's talk about me, not my sister pls. if you've got any question to ask, you're so free to ask me.
Re: I Think I Am Slowly Becoming An Atheist. by Blaqsmith(m): 1:03pm On Sep 27, 2016
Mercykayy:

let's talk about me, not my sister pls. if you've got any question to ask, you're so free to ask me.
You become an atheist when you don't have belief in god/gods. Though this has no effect on the well being of your sister, but from your words up there, I see you drop your faith because god has not been able to heal your sick sister.

All way to atheism is always a way, but I doubt if the way you've chosen is the best way. Lack of evidence for the existence of a god is what makes many people become atheists, not really disappointments as your case looks like.
Would you become a theist again if your sister gets well because a pastor lays hands on her?

1 Like

Re: I Think I Am Slowly Becoming An Atheist. by Mercykayy(m): 1:17pm On Sep 27, 2016
Blaqsmith:

You become an atheist when you don't have belief in god/gods. Though this has no effect on the well being of your sister, but from your words up there, I see you drop your faith because god has not been able to heal your sick sister.

All way to atheism is always a way, but I doubt if the way you've chosen is the best way. Lack of evidence for the existence of a god is what makes many people become atheists, not really disappointments as your case looks like.
Would you become a theist again if your sister gets well because a pastor lays hands on her?

I wanted to create this topic awhile ago but been busy with some personal stuffs. And believe me,I just got to know about my sisters ailment few minutes after I created this topic. So,it has nothing to do with my sisters illness.
Re: I Think I Am Slowly Becoming An Atheist. by Blaqsmith(m): 1:20pm On Sep 27, 2016
Mercykayy:

I wanted to create this topic awhile ago but been busy with some personal stuffs. And believe me,I just got to know about my sisters ailment few minutes after I created this topic. So,it has nothing to do with my sisters illness.
I'm so sorry about your sister. Send my regards.

So if I may ask, why do you think you are becoming an atheist?
Re: I Think I Am Slowly Becoming An Atheist. by Mercykayy(m): 1:28pm On Sep 27, 2016
Blaqsmith:

I'm so sorry about your sister. Send my regards.

So if I may ask, why do you think you are becoming an atheist?

Thanks. I just don't like going to Churches. And when anyone mentions praying or anything about the Bible or anything in it, it makes me feel its thrash. and lots more.

2 Likes

Re: I Think I Am Slowly Becoming An Atheist. by UyiIredia(m): 1:33pm On Sep 27, 2016
Not going to church anymore doesn't make you an atheist. Even if you aren't a Christian anymore that doesn't mean you are an atheist. You could still be a deist.
Re: I Think I Am Slowly Becoming An Atheist. by JSoE(f): 1:39pm On Sep 27, 2016
Mercykayy:

Thanks. I just don't like going to Churches. And when anyone mentions praying or anything about the Bible or anything in it, it makes me feel its thrash. and lots more.

OK. Slow down,sweetie.

What makes you think the bible is thrash?
Have you gone through it properly?
Re: I Think I Am Slowly Becoming An Atheist. by JSoE(f): 1:40pm On Sep 27, 2016
Mercykayy:

OK. Slow down,sweetie.

What makes you think the bible is trash?
Have you gone through it properly?
Re: I Think I Am Slowly Becoming An Atheist. by MizyB(f): 1:44pm On Sep 27, 2016
I'm so sorry about your sister.

but do u think you're becoming an atheist or you've made up your mind to be one?
Re: I Think I Am Slowly Becoming An Atheist. by Ranchhoddas: 1:45pm On Sep 27, 2016
Mercykayy:

Your sister who has been sick for two years?
Re: I Think I Am Slowly Becoming An Atheist. by Blaqsmith(m): 1:50pm On Sep 27, 2016
Mercykayy:

Well, that reason doesn't make you an atheist.

I'm an atheist and I still attend church service when I want. I read the bible at times and ponder on some words in it. I believe there are many people like me that are atheists and still do the same thing. Even pastors.

Just like I said earlier; disappointments, not going to church, sense of apathy against the bible, and lots more reasons one might wanna grasp on to to claim the tag "atheist" aren't what atheism espouse. Rather, it is simply a lack of belief in the existence of god or any deity.

Do you believe in God?
That will tell us a lot about you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Think I Am Slowly Becoming An Atheist. by Mercykayy(m): 1:54pm On Sep 27, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Your sister who has been sick for two years?
Whatever. she's married and stays far away from here. We not in good terms and I don't expect you to believe that and I also don't see reasons why I have to lie too...
Re: I Think I Am Slowly Becoming An Atheist. by Ranchhoddas: 1:55pm On Sep 27, 2016
Mercykayy:

Whatever. she's married and stays far away from here. We not in good terms and I don't expect you to believe that and I also don't see reasons why I have to lie too...
You self check am na. The story be as e get.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Have The Right Perception Of God / Watch Tb Joshua's Prophecy For 2012 / Brainwashing Methods: How They Program Your Mind

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.