Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,645 members, 7,801,875 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:11 AM

'Abdulmutallab, US Bomber To Vote In Edo' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Abdulmutallab, US Bomber To Vote In Edo' (26337 Views)

APC Tony Nwoye Casts His Vote In Anambra(pics) / Ambode Queues To Vote In Epe At Lagos LG Election / 'abdulmutallab, US Bomber To Vote In Edo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Abdulmutallab, US Bomber To Vote In Edo' by Ekakamba: 10:04pm On Sep 27, 2016
Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, who was jailed in the United States in 2012 for terrorism offences has appeared on the voters’ register in Edo state.

Governor Adams Oshiomhole drew attention to the existence of AbdulMuttalab’s portrait in a fake voters register now in circulation.

A high stake governorship election is due in the state tomorrow, with the All Progressives Congress candidate, Godwin Obaseki locked against Pastor Ize Iyamu of the opposition Peoples Democratic Party.

Oshiomhole spoke about AbdulMutallab during a visit to him by the United States Consul General in Lagos, Mr F John Bray.

The Edo governor said he was shocked to see the portrait of the “underwear bomber” in the fake register, but with a Benin name.

Abdulmutallab was convicted of attempting on December 25, 2009. to detonate explosives hidden in his underwear on board an airline from Amsterdam to Detroit, Michigan.

Governor Oshiomhole who raised concern about the duplication of the voter’s register by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) said “the foundation for credible election is the voter’s register. Once the voter’s register is manipulated, then you have problems.

“Right now, we have evidence of two versions of voter’s register – the one they have officially distributed and the one that some elements within the ICT in INEC have also produced in Abuja.

“And what they have done in the past, which we hear they want to re-enact again, is that whereas they will display one voter’s register which is reasonably accurate, there are still some flaws but let me say it is about 85 percent accurate, they also have a fake one which they intend to bring and spring a surprise in certain locations where they believe that they have no chance, and when the voters go there and you find a voter’s register different from the one that you know, there will be confusion in those voting centres.

“At the end, you may end up having people’s voice level going up and one thing leading to the other, and you could have violence. We will show you those samples between the one that we know and the one we have gotten through our intelligence and I want to give a copy to the embassy, and so you can study it and see it. That, for me, is the only thing I am worried about.

“If the INEC has two versions of voters register and they display one officially, then we have a problem. And the reason why this is extremely worrisome for me is that in my election in 2012, INEC tried to use this method to disenfranchise many of our supporters.”

“For example, I was shocked to find the portrait of Mr Abdulmutalab, and that will interest your Excellency, the young man who has been jailed in the US for a terrorist act. His portrait is in the fake voter’s register with a Benin name under it. I am sure if you look at the face, if we don’t know the face, you the US officials know the face. And you find the name under it, that it is a Benin name in Ovia South West.”

“He said INEC has enlisted some members of the opposition as election observers. “Last night, in my local government, one of the PDP leaders, who incidentally is on the list of INEC observers, I can be very specific, one Tenebe. we have information that he got boys around and they were shooting but the police went to apprehend them; they engaged the police in a shooting.

“The police had to go and reinforce. As we speak, I don’t have information as to how that was settled. If you have people like this engaged in violence, then it poses a challenge.”

“Unfortunately, it takes more than one hand in this case to achieve a free and fair election. All the political parties must be committed to putting away this thing.

The United States Consul General, Mr John Bray, who led a delegation of election observers to the Government House said, “We are here to observe the elections, we will all be watching this election very closely. It is essential that the election is peaceful, fair and credible and reflect the will of the Edo citizens.

“The postponement was a setback a few weeks ago, but I still believe it offers us the opportunity to hold the first successful and transparent gubernatorial election in states in 2016. (NAN)

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/-abdulmutallab-us-bomber-to-vote-in-edo/164126.html

Re: 'Abdulmutallab, US Bomber To Vote In Edo' by sarrki(m): 10:07pm On Sep 27, 2016
CONSIENCE IS AN OPEN WOUND ONLY THE TRUTH

CAN HEAL IT.

Nigeria in all level are corrupt

Politicians can do anything

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Abdulmutallab, US Bomber To Vote In Edo' by ReneeNuttall(f): 10:42pm On Sep 27, 2016
Am sincerely hoping and praying that tmrrws election don't get bloody.
Re: 'Abdulmutallab, US Bomber To Vote In Edo' by HtwoOw: 10:48pm On Sep 27, 2016
Nna , Runs in INEC

He go red gaan o , i hope it's not bloody red sha
Re: 'Abdulmutallab, US Bomber To Vote In Edo' by Nobody: 10:49pm On Sep 27, 2016
Lol
Re: 'Abdulmutallab, US Bomber To Vote In Edo' by Funlordjnr: 10:50pm On Sep 27, 2016
Is he the only one with that name in the muslim world?

Abeg nigerians too like to dey make mountain out of mole hill......_fuck this!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Abdulmutallab, US Bomber To Vote In Edo' by ChangetheChange: 10:57pm On Sep 27, 2016
grin grin grin

Lamentation of a drowning man.

Oshiomole is a drowning man, his time is up in Edo State

Pastor Ize Iyamu is our Governor elect Today,we are shutting down Dennis Osadebey Avenue today

82 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 'Abdulmutallab, US Bomber To Vote In Edo' by IVORY2009(m): 10:59pm On Sep 27, 2016
Do or die, shoot @ sight order in place by the COAS....
Re: 'Abdulmutallab, US Bomber To Vote In Edo' by ChangetheChange: 11:00pm On Sep 27, 2016
grin grin grin

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Abdulmutallab, US Bomber To Vote In Edo' by Danzakidakura(m): 1:53am On Sep 28, 2016
I love this Edo state election ,how did you see the ruling party crying and lamenting ?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Abdulmutallab, US Bomber To Vote In Edo' by Chubhie: 6:17am On Sep 28, 2016
Let me forward this international embarrassment to CNN BBC and Al Jazeera.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Abdulmutallab, US Bomber To Vote In Edo' by IkoloTheSage: 6:26am On Sep 28, 2016
Who takes that clown serious?

The known serial liar is at what he knows how to do best. Let him be.
He should reserve the cry for later.

Ibhiogie,
Edewe o!

Arm yourselves with your pvc and prepare to step out to vote your dear Ize-Iyamu , the time is now or never.

The future is now- Take it!

23 Likes

Re: 'Abdulmutallab, US Bomber To Vote In Edo' by pxDharniel(m): 6:28am On Sep 28, 2016
PDP has the day

13 Likes

Re: 'Abdulmutallab, US Bomber To Vote In Edo' by saintkel(m): 6:30am On Sep 28, 2016
D cry of a loser

9 Likes

Re: 'Abdulmutallab, US Bomber To Vote In Edo' by Nobody: 6:33am On Sep 28, 2016
Governor Adams Oshiomhole, those are very strong allegations, politics aside.
Re: 'Abdulmutallab, US Bomber To Vote In Edo' by Caseless: 7:08am On Sep 28, 2016
Happy voting!
Re: 'Abdulmutallab, US Bomber To Vote In Edo' by blakid(m): 7:09am On Sep 28, 2016
i opened dis thread hoping to see comments cursing nd blasting all dis Politicians witout taking any side or party, Buh i feel very disappointed seeing comments taking sides with a particular party.. When re we going to learn nd accept d fact dt dis people don't have d interest of d masses in their Heart...All they re fightn for is der pocket nd family well beign.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Abdulmutallab, US Bomber To Vote In Edo' by Tallesty1(m): 7:18am On Sep 28, 2016
ReneeNuttall:
Am sincerely hoping and praying that tmrrws election don't get bloody.
He who's supposed to answer that prayer has lost interest in Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Abdulmutallab, US Bomber To Vote In Edo' by mastermaestro(m): 7:18am On Sep 28, 2016
Someone said yesterday that if Obaseki loses, Oshio will attempt suicide. Sincerely I am beginning to believe this statement. The outgoing gov is too agitated and unsettled like someone who desperately wants to cover up massive mess by leaving his shadow (Obaseki) behind in government house. Power belongs only to GOD!

Edo people appreciate Oshio's administration to a reasonable extent, but he must allow them choose their next leader. His era has ended. He should move on.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Abdulmutallab, US Bomber To Vote In Edo' by mars123(m): 7:19am On Sep 28, 2016
Funlordjnr:

you sef didn't do English comprehension?

Let me help you, it is his face on the register with a benin name and not his name on the register with a benin face!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Abdulmutallab, US Bomber To Vote In Edo' by Growingboi(m): 7:20am On Sep 28, 2016
lol
Re: 'Abdulmutallab, US Bomber To Vote In Edo' by Nobody: 7:44am On Sep 28, 2016
Funlordjnr:

Why are you like this nw?
Did you read the op?
His picture and his other details were there, but instead of his name there was an Edo name. And this person is in jail right now in the US.

5 Likes

Re: 'Abdulmutallab, US Bomber To Vote In Edo' by Nobody: 7:50am On Sep 28, 2016
Oshiomole will do anything to alter the voters register

1 Like

Re: 'Abdulmutallab, US Bomber To Vote In Edo' by Olukokosir(m): 7:51am On Sep 28, 2016
Choooo
Re: 'Abdulmutallab, US Bomber To Vote In Edo' by seguno2: 7:52am On Sep 28, 2016
APC and rigging are like 5 and 6.
Shioooorrrrr!!!

3 Likes

Re: 'Abdulmutallab, US Bomber To Vote In Edo' by INTROVERT(f): 7:52am On Sep 28, 2016
OK

1 Like

Re: 'Abdulmutallab, US Bomber To Vote In Edo' by NNVanguard(m): 7:53am On Sep 28, 2016
GEJ was never the best yet he wasn't desperate for power!
God save naija from criminals in disguise as politicians.
In NNV we say no to political criminality!

10 Likes

Re: 'Abdulmutallab, US Bomber To Vote In Edo' by b0rn2fuck(m): 7:53am On Sep 28, 2016
Nigera, the only country where everything is possible.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Abdulmutallab, US Bomber To Vote In Edo' by Proffdada: 7:55am On Sep 28, 2016
shocked
Re: 'Abdulmutallab, US Bomber To Vote In Edo' by martineinstein(m): 7:55am On Sep 28, 2016
we edo pipo say not to cultist candidate.

1 Like

Re: 'Abdulmutallab, US Bomber To Vote In Edo' by abumeinben(m): 7:55am On Sep 28, 2016
To bomb APC ..I guess

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Muri Okunola The Most Powerful Person In Sanwo-olu's Cabinet? / Keyamo, Ibe In "War Of Words" Over Atiku, Tinubu's Roles In The June 12 Struggle / I Am Voting Atiku And This Is Why - Bayo Adeyinka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.