Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,016 members, 7,806,972 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:04 AM

This Man Is Creating A Chatbot For His Mom So They Can Talk After She Dies - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / This Man Is Creating A Chatbot For His Mom So They Can Talk After She Dies (1226 Views)

Apple Is Creating A New Operating System / 14-year-old Japanese Boy Arrested For Creating Ransomware / How To Do Displaying CAC Check Errors When Creating A Link (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Man Is Creating A Chatbot For His Mom So They Can Talk After She Dies by Iruobean(m): 5:06am On Sep 28, 2016
THE CEO OF HUMAI TECHNOLOGY IS WORKING ON A JAW-DROPPING CHATBOT FOR HIS MOM SO THEY CAN TALK AFTER SHE IS GONE.
There’s no doubt that every single one of us wants to live forever and there is no doubt that nobody lives forever. But Josh Bocanegra, CEO of Humai, a technology company based in Los Angeles is working on a chatbot that will hypothetically keep his mom alive – even after death.
Yes, Bocanegra is developing a chatbot that will help him talk to his mother even after her final breath. To that end, he and his mother are recording tons of audio message.
Bocanegra didn’t reveal many details about his chatbot project but we do know it is built around Artificial intelligence, (AI).
In a blog post, Bocanegra talked about the importance of life, death and digital immortality and how technology advancement is allowing scientists to work on new and exciting projects.
“It’s a hard task to tackle but recent advances in artificial intelligence are enabling developers to build new applications with powerful natural language processing algorithms. Like a chatbot, I’m creating of my mom.
I’m creating a chatbot that responds to what I say in my mother’s voice. It answers questions like “How are you?” and offers a different response if asked again, so it’s not repetitive. It also uses a machine learning algorithm to comprehend the various ways a question can be asked.”
Raymond Johansen, an online journalist and activist commented on this project,
“It is very exciting and could help A LOT OF people with grief. Also, it would give people goals while dying. Something to do while they wait for cancer to kill them. Prepare for death. Very exciting. Prolonging life and reducing grief.”
Here’s a 46seconds demonstration how this chatbot will actually work:
If you are interested making your own chatbot, Bocanegra wants you to send him aFacebook message.
This is not the first time when CEO of Humai has decided to take on a task that would seem impossible some years ago. In fact, Humai is also working on technology to bring dead back to life.

Source: http://www.sam9ja.com/2016/09/this-man-is-creating-chatbot-for-his.html?m=1

Re: This Man Is Creating A Chatbot For His Mom So They Can Talk After She Dies by Boleyndynasty2(f): 5:20am On Sep 28, 2016
Awwww cry
Re: This Man Is Creating A Chatbot For His Mom So They Can Talk After She Dies by cyberdurable(m): 5:31am On Sep 28, 2016
Lol odiegwu
Re: This Man Is Creating A Chatbot For His Mom So They Can Talk After She Dies by Nobody: 5:50am On Sep 28, 2016

listen to my songs at http://my.notjustok.com/p/oracle/

White people get wahala sha..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Man Is Creating A Chatbot For His Mom So They Can Talk After She Dies by Aminu212: 8:51am On Sep 28, 2016
k
Re: This Man Is Creating A Chatbot For His Mom So They Can Talk After She Dies by ultmatmus(m): 8:54am On Sep 29, 2016
Some people like to go extra miles to put their names in the record.. This is what we call innovation no matter how ridiculous..
Re: This Man Is Creating A Chatbot For His Mom So They Can Talk After She Dies by Nobody: 8:56pm On Sep 29, 2016
HarkymTheOracle:

White people get wahala sha..
Are you by any chance that guy that sang lamba and asalamalekun?
Re: This Man Is Creating A Chatbot For His Mom So They Can Talk After She Dies by Nobody: 9:26pm On Sep 29, 2016
alexistaiwo:

Are you by any chance that guy that sang lamba and asalamalekun?

Actually,am not.. he is just d wacker version of me. grin

(1) (Reply)

Behold The New Macbook From Apple / Disable Windows 10 Automatic Updates Easily.(download Here) / How To Remotely Access And Operate Another Computer Anywhere With Your PC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.