Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,270 members, 7,780,605 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:29 PM

Robbing Peter To Pay Paul - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Robbing Peter To Pay Paul (855 Views)

Paul Enenche 50th Birthday Celebration: More Photos Of Osinbajo, Oyedepo, Anyim / Peter Okpaleke Resigns As Bishop Of Ahiara Diocese, Mbaise In Imo / Peter Zuni, Kaduna Priest Married Two Wives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Robbing Peter To Pay Paul by frubben(m): 8:45am On Sep 28, 2016
Good morning nairalanders
My friends are leaving one by one and some has stop chating with me all because I don't pay tithe in my church, because anytime I receive my salary, I take from inside to buy things for the less privilege and my friend are telling me am robbing Peter to pay Paul.
Meaning am robbing God to feed the less privilege. Please how true is this
Re: Robbing Peter To Pay Paul by yorhmienerd(m): 9:53am On Sep 28, 2016
frubben:
My friends are leaving one by one and some has stop chating with me all because I don't pay tithe in my church, because anytime I receive my salary, I take from inside to buy things for the less privilege and my friend are telling me am robbing Peter to pay Paul.
Attention seeker

1 Like

Re: Robbing Peter To Pay Paul by annunaki2(m): 9:56am On Sep 28, 2016
frubben:

Tell your friends to read deuteronomy 14:22-29
Re: Robbing Peter To Pay Paul by frubben(m): 10:58am On Sep 28, 2016
yorhmienerd:
Attention seeker

Sir it's not attention, sometimes after your friends have finish bashing you, you sit down in your closet and ask your self if you are really doing the right thing by not following thier religious practice. Hence the post
Re: Robbing Peter To Pay Paul by MTHBOSS(m): 4:01pm On Sep 28, 2016
Its like this, the government ask you to pay tax (let's use a developed country as example, where the law is general), maybe the government then decided to squander the money, that doesn't mean you should stop to do your duty as a responsible citizen. God says pay your tithe, 10% of your income, (God that lay down the rule is not a man that He will not fulfill is promises concerning paying of tithe) you pay your tithe and leave those self called minister for God to judge. The system you are doing is truly robing peter to pay paul, my brother you can't outsmart God, satan is wise so let's do our best to serve God.
Re: Robbing Peter To Pay Paul by annunaki2(m): 7:07pm On Sep 28, 2016
MTHBOSS:
Its like this, the government ask you to pay tax (let's use a developed country as example, where the law is general), maybe the government then decided to squander the money, that doesn't mean you should stop to do your duty as a responsible citizen. God says pay your tithe, 10% of your income, (God that lay down the rule is not a man that He will not fulfill is promises concerning paying of tithe) you pay your tithe and leave those self called minister for God to judge. The system you are doing is truly robing peter to pay paul, my brother you can't outsmart God, satan is wise so let's do our best to serve God.

I put it to you that there is absolutely no where in scriptures that God asked anybody to pay monetary tithes from income and even the tithe instructions concerning agricultural produce was strictly addressed to the israelites and not new testament Christians. Church tithing today is derived from fraudulently twisting old testament scriptures and mis applying it to new testament believers.
Re: Robbing Peter To Pay Paul by jnrbayano(m): 7:22pm On Sep 28, 2016
How do your friends know that you don't pay tithe? Do they monitor your bank accounts or your tongue an uncontrollably wagging type?

1 Like

Re: Robbing Peter To Pay Paul by adjoviomole(m): 11:21pm On Sep 28, 2016
jnrbayano:
How do your friends know that you don't pay tithe? Do they monitor your bank accounts or your tongue an uncontrollably wagging type?

Good question
Re: Robbing Peter To Pay Paul by Nobody: 9:06am On Sep 29, 2016
frubben:

Sir it's not attention, sometimes after your friends have finish bashing you, you sit down in your closet and ask your self if you are really doing the right thing by not following thier religious practice. Hence the post
your friends to chatting with u because u didnt pay tithe... Smh... I weep for christianity
Payin tithe or not doesnt grantee entrance to heaven
Re: Robbing Peter To Pay Paul by frubben(m): 9:44am On Sep 29, 2016
Smallville10:
your friends to chatting with u because u didnt pay tithe... Smh... I weep for christianity
Payin tithe or not doesnt grantee entrance to heaven

Bros the thing have tire me oooo, dey said the devil is playing ps 2 on my head because I refuse to pay tithe, so many of them have stop chating with me and call me devils advocate
Re: Robbing Peter To Pay Paul by Nobody: 9:50am On Sep 29, 2016
frubben:

Bros the thing have tire me oooo, dey said the devil is playing ps 2 on my head because I refuse to pay tithe, so many of them have stop chating with me and call me devils advocate
over christianity no good. Better leave dat kin friend

(1) (Reply)

Covenant Christian Centre Celebrate Dr Creflo Dollar's 55th Birthday At WAFBEC / See The Great Difference Between The Bible And The Qur'an! / Stephanie Otobo Releases Series Of Screenshots Of Video Chats With Suleiman-Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.