Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,814 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:58 AM

Alert: CBN Warns Everyone From Using Their Dom Accounts To Buy And Sell Dollars - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Alert: CBN Warns Everyone From Using Their Dom Accounts To Buy And Sell Dollars (1130 Views)

How 4 Lagos Based Nigerians Won N100k Each For Using Their Verve ATM Cards / Anyone that can transfer $400 to my Dom acct. And receive the naira instantly / How Do I Pay For Facebook Ads Without Having A Dom Acc In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Alert: CBN Warns Everyone From Using Their Dom Accounts To Buy And Sell Dollars by Wunmi01: 11:13am On Sep 28, 2016
The Central Bank of Nigeria appears to have warned depositors from using their accounts for what they term “perceived as International Money Remittance Service (IMTO) or Bureau de Change (BDC) activities” without the approval of the CBN. This instruction was sent through commercial banks to depositors and looks to be targeting people who use their domiciliary accounts for black market trade of forex.

According to banking sources, some people with domiciliary accounts typically use their accounts as a conduit for buying and selling forex making a nice profit either way. Rather than route money through the interbank market, most companies and individuals prefer to run transactions via their domiciliary accounts selling forex to buyers with a broker as the facilitator.

READ MORE:http://nairametrics.com/alert-cbn-warns-everyone-from-using-their-dom-accounts-to-buy-and-sell-dollars/

Cc: lalasticlala
Re: Alert: CBN Warns Everyone From Using Their Dom Accounts To Buy And Sell Dollars by vknights(m): 11:34am On Sep 28, 2016
He who comes to equity must come with clean hands.

When I receive inflow of dollar in my dom account, the bank will buy it from me at the official rate let's say 315 and later if i do any international transaction on my naira master card, the same bank will charge me 410 per dollar.... Is that not crazy!!

Truth be told, the whole system is messed up and CBN should better do a clean up in the banking sector. Even if i have hundreds of dollars to sell now I will go to the nearest aboki sharperly!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alert: CBN Warns Everyone From Using Their Dom Accounts To Buy And Sell Dollars by reallions(m): 1:55pm On Oct 10, 2020
BUY AND SELL YOUR USD FX WITH US AT THE MOST UNBEATABLE PRICE!

Many businesses are going down because of the hardship of purchasing dollars in Nigeria as we speak.

The government's ban on transactions and restrictions on fx is not helping matters.

Howeve, your business doesn't have to go through the hassles. We have got you fx at the best rate for both offshore and inflow transactions.

Our rates are the best in the market as we speak and we guarantee you transparent transactions.

Here's what we promise:

1. We are comfortable to deal in all transactions face to face.

2. We can handle transaction up to 100000 USD and all dealings are swift and easy.

3. We can send and receive funds both in cash and by transfers.

4. We handle all transactions in our office on the mainland.

We've got all your fx needs covered.

5. We can help pay your school fees or pay your suppliers anywhere in the US guaranteed.

6. Our rates are super affordable.

7. We can buy any volume of USD and we credit instantly.

With us, you can escape all the bottlenecks around procuring fx at anytime.

Contact us now, let's deal. Call or WhatsApp 08068230088

(1) (Reply)

"I Am Coming To Nigeria In A Private Jet" - Bobrisky Says As He Shows Of New Loo / Kenneth Copeland Daily Devotional September 16, 2017 - Stand Up And Be Counted / Npower Batch 2 Awaiting List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.