Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,409 members, 7,808,459 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:15 PM

Lagos Assembly Summons Contractor Of Itokun-Ikorodu Poorly Constructed Road - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Assembly Summons Contractor Of Itokun-Ikorodu Poorly Constructed Road (12795 Views)

Osinbajo: Buhari And I Poorly Paid / Photos: Okorocha's Poorly Constructed Road Sends Helpless Man To Early Grave / Buhari Is Making Appointments Without Tinubu's Knowledge- Lagos Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Assembly Summons Contractor Of Itokun-Ikorodu Poorly Constructed Road by eleburu(f): 1:10pm On Sep 28, 2016
Lagos Assembly Summons Contractor of Poorly Constructed Road In Itokun Ikorodu. DHV Nigeria Limited, the construction company that constructed the substandard Low Cost Bye Pass Itokun road in Ikorodu North LocalCouncil Development area has been summoned by the Lagos state Assembly over poorly constructed road in the said area.
The road condemned barely two weeks after commission. Itokun Road is part of the 114LGA Road commissioned by Governor Ambode.

http://www.naijapopular.com/2016/09/lagos-assembly-summons-contractor-of.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: Lagos Assembly Summons Contractor Of Itokun-Ikorodu Poorly Constructed Road by striker9(m): 1:12pm On Sep 28, 2016
The power of social media .....this is one reason Government prefers foreigners in handling construction of roads but in the bid to help local ones see how dem construct road like say na village bricklayer do am

60 Likes

Re: Lagos Assembly Summons Contractor Of Itokun-Ikorodu Poorly Constructed Road by eleburu(f): 1:14pm On Sep 28, 2016
striker9:
good
your moniker ehn. you be Luis Suarez partner?
Re: Lagos Assembly Summons Contractor Of Itokun-Ikorodu Poorly Constructed Road by striker9(m): 1:18pm On Sep 28, 2016
eleburu:

your moniker ehn. you be Luis Suarez partner?
Lol why u dey insult me na... that small.boy Luis
....if u talk bout CR7 and Messi combine then no wahala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Assembly Summons Contractor Of Itokun-Ikorodu Poorly Constructed Road by eleburu(f): 1:19pm On Sep 28, 2016
striker9:
Lol why u dey insult me na... that small.boy Luis
....if u talk bout CR7 and Messi combine then no wahala
Oya I combine both then give you.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Assembly Summons Contractor Of Itokun-Ikorodu Poorly Constructed Road by striker9(m): 1:21pm On Sep 28, 2016
eleburu:
Oya I combine both then give you.
Hehehe
Re: Lagos Assembly Summons Contractor Of Itokun-Ikorodu Poorly Constructed Road by Blue3k(m): 1:25pm On Sep 28, 2016
striker9:
The power of social media .....this is one reason Government prefers foreigners in handling construction of roads but in the bid to help local ones see how dem construct road like say na village bricklayer do am

It would help if they were actually vetted before doing job. There no state Professional engineering license. It would help weed out hacks since they can't do it with common sense.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Assembly Summons Contractor Of Itokun-Ikorodu Poorly Constructed Road by Nobody: 1:27pm On Sep 28, 2016
They should investigate all the newly commissioned roads by Mr. Ambode.

Poor construction, quick service, billions spent on great commissioning and nonsense potholes thereafter.

I see Nairaland has been avoiding this thread from hitting frontpage like ...since September 26, 2016 when the story broke angry angry angry

Useless government

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Assembly Summons Contractor Of Itokun-Ikorodu Poorly Constructed Road by Nobody: 3:02pm On Sep 28, 2016
Is the contractor not a Tinubu's boy?I can bet it that nothing will happen.Na rant.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Assembly Summons Contractor Of Itokun-Ikorodu Poorly Constructed Road by veekid(m): 8:29am On Sep 29, 2016
Fake
Re: Lagos Assembly Summons Contractor Of Itokun-Ikorodu Poorly Constructed Road by MadCow1: 8:31am On Sep 29, 2016
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4290534_lagosroad_jpeg84c0628f0f9189e73916a0d1c0ca9711

They should also summon the Ministry of Works whose job it was to inspect and certify the job being done. angry

12 Likes

Re: Lagos Assembly Summons Contractor Of Itokun-Ikorodu Poorly Constructed Road by wesome2500(m): 8:33am On Sep 29, 2016
oya..it's time to answer query
Re: Lagos Assembly Summons Contractor Of Itokun-Ikorodu Poorly Constructed Road by goshen26: 8:34am On Sep 29, 2016
When u have to share like 50% of the contract money with people that help in securing a contract, this kind of situation is inevitable

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Assembly Summons Contractor Of Itokun-Ikorodu Poorly Constructed Road by clevadani: 8:35am On Sep 29, 2016
nice
they should be made to refund the money
Re: Lagos Assembly Summons Contractor Of Itokun-Ikorodu Poorly Constructed Road by ifeanyi83(m): 8:35am On Sep 29, 2016
MadCow1:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4290534_lagosroad_jpeg84c0628f0f9189e73916a0d1c0ca9711

They should also summon the Ministry of Works whose job it was to inspect and certify the job being done. angry

Thank you my brother!! You will be surprised that the total contract sum of this project must have been shared into parts, leaving the contractor with very little to execute the project and make profit. Very typical of government projects.

8 Likes

Re: Lagos Assembly Summons Contractor Of Itokun-Ikorodu Poorly Constructed Road by davodyguy: 8:35am On Sep 29, 2016
This is good for development.

There must be check and balances.

I'm a super Strong APC member and supporter, but since Ambode came on board, some of the projects on construction have been poorly done. Truth be told
Re: Lagos Assembly Summons Contractor Of Itokun-Ikorodu Poorly Constructed Road by frankmoney(m): 8:36am On Sep 29, 2016
goshen26:
When u have to share like 50% of the contract money with people that help in securing a contract, this kind of situation is inevitable
exactly

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Assembly Summons Contractor Of Itokun-Ikorodu Poorly Constructed Road by opalu: 8:36am On Sep 29, 2016
Ok
Daystar Shelter Ltd builds the highest quality though not a foreign company

1 Like

Re: Lagos Assembly Summons Contractor Of Itokun-Ikorodu Poorly Constructed Road by Deen77: 8:37am On Sep 29, 2016
Keneking:
They should investigate all the newly commissioned roads by Mr. Ambode.

Poor construction, quick service, billions spent on great commissioning and nonsense potholes thereafter.

I see Nairaland has been avoiding this thread from hitting frontpage like ...since September 26, 2016 when the story broke angry angry angry

Useless government

Come to my street and the one in my site, interlock all trough.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Assembly Summons Contractor Of Itokun-Ikorodu Poorly Constructed Road by Nobody: 8:37am On Sep 29, 2016
Dont blame them, maybe the've not been paid.
Re: Lagos Assembly Summons Contractor Of Itokun-Ikorodu Poorly Constructed Road by Jimiolay(f): 8:37am On Sep 29, 2016
Way to go
Re: Lagos Assembly Summons Contractor Of Itokun-Ikorodu Poorly Constructed Road by geostrata(m): 8:38am On Sep 29, 2016
This road is not as worse as APC Government grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Assembly Summons Contractor Of Itokun-Ikorodu Poorly Constructed Road by Nobody: 8:40am On Sep 29, 2016
I do hope the sanctions awaiting them includes but is not limited to heavy fines and ensuring they properly do the jobs they were paid for
Re: Lagos Assembly Summons Contractor Of Itokun-Ikorodu Poorly Constructed Road by equalgarden(m): 8:42am On Sep 29, 2016
imagine buy naija grow naija
Nigerian people 200 million mvmu!
Re: Lagos Assembly Summons Contractor Of Itokun-Ikorodu Poorly Constructed Road by nedu2000(m): 8:49am On Sep 29, 2016
No,you don't blame the contractor,the contractor is supposed to be supervised by an employee(ministry) of the govt to make sure they follow road specs et al.
Re: Lagos Assembly Summons Contractor Of Itokun-Ikorodu Poorly Constructed Road by Nobody: 8:49am On Sep 29, 2016
Èkó yìí kò ní bàjẹ́ ju báyìí lọ ooo.

ìtẹ̀síwájú ìpínlẹ̀ èkó ló jẹ wá l'ógún
Re: Lagos Assembly Summons Contractor Of Itokun-Ikorodu Poorly Constructed Road by TeamSimple(m): 8:58am On Sep 29, 2016
I love lagos.
Re: Lagos Assembly Summons Contractor Of Itokun-Ikorodu Poorly Constructed Road by TeamSimple(m): 8:59am On Sep 29, 2016
geostrata:
This road is not as worse as APC Government grin grin grin grin
Pls tell us any pdp governor performing better than aregbe,ambode or el rufai

1 Like

Re: Lagos Assembly Summons Contractor Of Itokun-Ikorodu Poorly Constructed Road by Ajibel(m): 9:03am On Sep 29, 2016
davodyguy:
This is good for development.

There must be check and balances.

I'm a super Strong APC member and supporter, but since Ambode came on board, some of the projects on construction have been poorly done. Truth be told

Bro, I gotta agree with you here, the quality of roads since Ambode came on board has dropped compared to Fashola's period. I think it's because they are trying to do and finish jobs very quickly so that they can come up with stats like 500 roads completed in 6 months and all that. This means they are after quantity and not quality.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Assembly Summons Contractor Of Itokun-Ikorodu Poorly Constructed Road by oshe11: 9:17am On Sep 29, 2016
Poor constructions from local firms will continue as long as NYSC officials deem it fit to send Engineering student to primary schools to teach maths, yl doc n law students r posted to hospitals n law firms!

I BLAME COREN MORE

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Assembly Summons Contractor Of Itokun-Ikorodu Poorly Constructed Road by wellmax(m): 9:23am On Sep 29, 2016
Ajibel:

Bro, I gotta agree with you here, the quality of roads since Ambode came on board has dropped compared to Fashola's period. I think it's because they are trying to do and finish jobs very quickly so that they can come up with stats like 500 roads completed in 6 months and all that. This means they are after quantity and not quality.
davodyguy

I disagree. The government is in no rush and some of the roads have been very standard. The problem here is that the Government patronized Local contractors with the goal of encouraging them. However, they have failed woefully. Little wonder we can't trust our own contractors with big jobs.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING: Looters’ List Not A Violation Of Named Persons’ Rights –court / PDP Urges Christians To Ignore Oritsejafor's Statements / An Open Letter To The .Inspector General Of Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.