Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,436 members, 7,808,560 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:27 PM

I Got Sacked After 2 Hours I Got Employed - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Got Sacked After 2 Hours I Got Employed (49708 Views)

Man Sacked By His Boss After He Refused To Sleep With His Wife / Lady Sacked For Not Wearing Bra To Work In US (Photos) / Resigned After 2 Days, See Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Got Sacked After 2 Hours I Got Employed by lanreni: 8:22pm On Sep 28, 2016
Pluto16:
It wasn't funny mhen!
I applied again at a company I have once worked tho They have replaced the Manager and the old staffs . I actually left the place 3 years ago when I got admitted to a polytechnic for National Diploma Programme so I am through now and I wanted to work for few years before proceeding to HND.

Fast Forward>>> I received a message yesterday from my former employer for an interview that same yesterday. I went there and It was successful I was told by the Manager to resume today.
After I resumed this morning barely 2 hours later, the Manager Director arrived Immediately He saw me He recognised me and started complaining that I should Leave saying he can't Re-employ an old staff. I plead tayad! Even tho I didn't commit any atrocity or crime at that first time. At the end of the day sha I got sacked!!!
I trekked half of lagos before I actually got this one but I won't
stop I will keep moving.
Pls Ignore my gbagaun I dey vex
gan!t
I think your pay might be more than what they would pay a fresher without experience. 2dly, i think you were just a mediocre staff.in order words, you were not missed. thirdly, a new certificate / degree may mean you'll start proving levels and become unteachable. rather than begging (thats a foo.lish thing to do), you should have shown how you were abreast of the growth/decline of the company and how your new skills/ training now would help them. your mannerisms.and dispositions are crucial. it is not compulsory you shovel down your defense down his throat that day. you could even send a mail. if you are smart person, you should by now know the inner dynamics, both unwritten and written of the place. why not talk to someone you were really close to then who still likes you. he could tell you things that will be invaluable, if not for that firm, but for job hunting and subsequent jobs. don't close the door on urself. remember: any job you have is a preparation for your next job. do more than just your job. leave an impression. goodluck

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Got Sacked After 2 Hours I Got Employed by mpeg(m): 8:23pm On Sep 28, 2016
My own case is almost similar... I noticed that I can no longer cope with the welfare of my company... So I tenderd my resignation letter... They was like wanting to increase my salary... But it was late because I had made up my mind d to leave... I left... Then after 2year, they they needed my help... As in,.. The main manager want me to work for him, so they called me ad started renegotiation.. But when the owner of the company heated it.... He refused to take me back... He was saying the way I leave and all that... Blablabla..... Do at last, because they needed me, they now said that they can only give a one year contract after the Contract I will go.... Do my brother thank God they didn't even take u back.... Most of us has lost focus because we want to work for another person.... When I resigned, for good two year...... I did not work again.. But I was better of when I was working.... Because I realized that I must survive. . Sacking u In two hours may be a blessing in disguise
Re: I Got Sacked After 2 Hours I Got Employed by olumig(m): 8:23pm On Sep 28, 2016
ucsparks:
[size=15pt] Your legs are still functioning ain't it?. So keep trekking you'll see another one cry [/size]
very insensitive

1 Like

Re: I Got Sacked After 2 Hours I Got Employed by dnawah(m): 8:24pm On Sep 28, 2016
ucsparks:
[size=15pt] Your legs are still functioning ain't it?. So keep trekking you'll see another one cry [/size]
after all somebody trek(in vain) 4 change(bu,if u add am bu na u sabi)which came with hunger in the land.
Re: I Got Sacked After 2 Hours I Got Employed by Ezionye(f): 8:25pm On Sep 28, 2016
tukdi:
lipsrsealed In my own opinion, I think you would have obtained a study leave from them before leaving, that would have made you land successfully upon your return!

Don't have any regret about leaving them for school, because that ND will still help you in future!

Pray hard, God will give you a better job!

Op, don't forget to go back and complete your HND o!!!

Study leave grin grin

How many firms give study leave these days?

They hardly give u sick leave not to mention study leave. Wat are u studying?

@op, maybe its the coy policy not to re-employ old staff or u dint resign properly.
All d best in ur search
Re: I Got Sacked After 2 Hours I Got Employed by tukdi: 9:03pm On Sep 28, 2016
Ezionye:

Study leave grin grin

How many firms give study leave these days?

They hardly give u sick leave not to mention study leave. Wat are u studying?

@op, maybe its the coy policy not to re-employ old staff or u dint resign properly.
All d best in ur search
Hi dear, firms do give study leave alot in Nigeria, provided you've worked with them for at least a year sha and also if you wanna go study to improve yourself in the area that will benefit them!

You cannot be a computer operator in a firm and apply for study leave to study political science in school, they might not accept it sha!
Re: I Got Sacked After 2 Hours I Got Employed by ifewise(m): 9:06pm On Sep 28, 2016
U will get something better
Re: I Got Sacked After 2 Hours I Got Employed by tukdi: 9:09pm On Sep 28, 2016
Drabrah:

I guess twud av bn d same story cos, according 2 him, they did away wt d old staff.
Hence, d only reason they don't want him.
I think it wouldn't have been the same story because of the following:

- If he had applied and it was granted, he would have been sure of going back!

- If it wasn't granted, he wouldn't have bothered himself going back!
Re: I Got Sacked After 2 Hours I Got Employed by mattsvibes: 9:10pm On Sep 28, 2016
why on earth you go back to work in your former office where you re stabbed @ the backed

Foward ever backward no matter
What

Doing let nigeria economy push you to the wall

You got talent that your that your former boss
Can never unleashed from you
Re: I Got Sacked After 2 Hours I Got Employed by tukdi: 9:18pm On Sep 28, 2016
yinkslinks:
Study leave in a not known organization? hahahahah. From his write up, the place sounds like a hotel or filling station grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
I guess Op was comfortable with the job and that probably was his reason for trying to stage a come back!

Bro, don't forget that some hotels/filling stations are very very lucrative o! Staff of these places most times might not be touching their salaries o!

1 Like

Re: I Got Sacked After 2 Hours I Got Employed by goshen26: 9:19pm On Sep 28, 2016
SweetyZinta:
CONGRATS OOOOO cheesy cheesy cheesy

Wat is he celebrating, cos I can't find any?

1 Like

Re: I Got Sacked After 2 Hours I Got Employed by tukdi: 9:23pm On Sep 28, 2016
lifestyle1:

WHY ?
In order for Op to complete his studies na!

Knowledge is very important, it can never be a waste!
Re: I Got Sacked After 2 Hours I Got Employed by vectoh(m): 9:31pm On Sep 28, 2016
chiefololade:
You were 'allardyced'
LOL
Re: I Got Sacked After 2 Hours I Got Employed by tukdi: 9:36pm On Sep 28, 2016
Darayola:

HND bawo... Get a DE form right away. My token for you.
Most times DE admission can be very hard and don't forget DE is 3-4 years while HND is less than 2 years!
Re: I Got Sacked After 2 Hours I Got Employed by tukdi: 9:42pm On Sep 28, 2016
deltateam:

Op instead of HND. Go for degree. Don't waste 2-3 years for nothing
HND is less than 2years WHILE degree is 3-4 years!

To secure HND admission is not as hard as degree!
Re: I Got Sacked After 2 Hours I Got Employed by tukdi: 9:53pm On Sep 28, 2016
Maximus85:

And when he gets the HND, what happens next? He'll start job hunting, writing test upon test.

Op, it might sound dirty or stupid to you..... Go learn work. Shoe making, Suit making, or something.... Train yourself in a service those employed people can't do without.

You will own yourself, your time and you will be very comfortable. If you're employed and you're not earning above N1m a month.... You're a slave menhhhhnnnn
Knowledge is power!

He can learn work after school OR better still, he can even combine both simultaneously!
Re: I Got Sacked After 2 Hours I Got Employed by Nobody: 9:54pm On Sep 28, 2016
Destined2win:
Sorry but most employers don't employ that way
Why?
Re: I Got Sacked After 2 Hours I Got Employed by NobleRomm(m): 10:04pm On Sep 28, 2016
sorry oo.. but hope they pay u for the 2hours service u render to them
Re: I Got Sacked After 2 Hours I Got Employed by tosyne2much(m): 10:05pm On Sep 28, 2016
ajasa4link:
Were u issued an employment letter immediately u were employed? If yes it will definitely contain terms as to how the employment contract can be terminated by u or the company( this usually makes provision for a month notice). if all this is in place then the company is definitely not right to sack u the way they did.

However, If there is no employment letter involved then u just have to take heart and move on because in the face of law it is assumed there was no contract between yourself and the company. My advice, forgive the man but don't forget his name
Nice one bro
Re: I Got Sacked After 2 Hours I Got Employed by tosyne2much(m): 10:17pm On Sep 28, 2016
Mikemickey:
very sorry bro... it happened to me where I worked before skul but o went back and the MD said he knows me that I have worked there before and I denied every bit of it. He kept arguing but I never gave in and I was employed again but more than 50% of the old staff still know me but they cooperated until a very long time before he was so convinced I worked there before Cus I know the work.
Just keep searching. I believe u will find one
When he later got to know you once worked there, was there any attempt to uninstall you?
Re: I Got Sacked After 2 Hours I Got Employed by Damibiz(m): 10:27pm On Sep 28, 2016
The last time i checked,i saw TWO elderly men frm ur #villagez where standing beside u....nd man oh man ur name is sorry until u send them packing...lol
Re: I Got Sacked After 2 Hours I Got Employed by Wizzzy23(m): 10:52pm On Sep 28, 2016
Your... Village witches are at work... Go.. And appease dem.. With an iphone 7

1 Like

Re: I Got Sacked After 2 Hours I Got Employed by Nobody: 10:54pm On Sep 28, 2016
austinosita:

Over to you pluto16

Was the company aware of your admission ab initio? Did you tender resignation?

sure i left a resignation letter . Th knew about my admission stuff
Re: I Got Sacked After 2 Hours I Got Employed by Nickymezor(f): 11:17pm On Sep 28, 2016
pressplay411:
Never grovel. Keep pushing hard like gravel. Your case will end in marvel. Till your name is written in marble. grin
Nice ryhmes... cool advice as well

1 Like

Re: I Got Sacked After 2 Hours I Got Employed by hardbody: 12:06am On Sep 29, 2016
gabriel74:
even some staff my company sacked,they still employ them back let alone the good one that left

Enough proof say no be clear eye. Them gather follow you
Re: I Got Sacked After 2 Hours I Got Employed by johnsonjosbles(m): 4:37am On Sep 29, 2016
ajasa4link:
Were u issued an employment letter immediately u were employed? If yes it will definitely contain terms as to how the employment contract can be terminated by u or the company( this usually makes provision for a month notice). if all this is in place then the company is definitely not right to sack u the way they did.

However, If there is no employment letter involved then u just have to take heart and move on because in the face of law it is assumed there was no contract between yourself and the company. My advice, forgive the man but don't forget his name
only inteligent post so far. @op, God is abt to do wonder in ur life, stay cool

1 Like

Re: I Got Sacked After 2 Hours I Got Employed by fattycoolface(m): 5:58am On Sep 29, 2016
It really sad to hear this,but i pray God wuld give u a beta one
Re: I Got Sacked After 2 Hours I Got Employed by mecussey(m): 6:17am On Sep 29, 2016
VampireeM:
E be like say some of your village people dey do meeting on top your matter grin..
Pele, God will give you a better offer soonst

1 Like

Re: I Got Sacked After 2 Hours I Got Employed by Nobody: 6:28am On Sep 29, 2016
Pluto16:
It wasn't funny mhen!
I applied again at a company I have once worked tho They have replaced the Manager and the old staffs . I actually left the place 3 years ago when I got admitted to a polytechnic for National Diploma Programme so I am through now and I wanted to work for few years before proceeding to HND.

Fast Forward>>> I received a message yesterday from my former employer for an interview that same yesterday. I went there and It was successful I was told by the Manager to resume today.
After I resumed this morning barely 2 hours later, the Manager Director arrived Immediately He saw me He recognised me and started complaining that I should Leave saying he can't Re-employ an old staff. I plead tayad! Even tho I didn't commit any atrocity or crime at that first time. At the end of the day sha I got sacked!!!
I trekked half of lagos before I actually got this one but I won't
stop I will keep moving.
Pls Ignore my gbagaun I dey vex
gan!t

U don set RECORD o!! 2 hrs!!! It is well brotherly
Re: I Got Sacked After 2 Hours I Got Employed by vislabraye(m): 7:31am On Sep 29, 2016
oluwafreshkid:
Kikikikiki
OP, yours is even better. At least you were given chance to sit and assume that you've seen work. Lol
Lemme tell you my own story.
I was interviewed for an internship position at Jobmag, and selected. I later disagreed on the pay... me was thinking they'll pay na (lol). They said 1k or so per day. Ha! From agege to yaba faa! No oo, I no do.

I went home sha.
I then received a call o from them that I shloud come and resume on Monday that the pay thing has been adjusted...Omo see jubilation. I quick borrow tfare from bros na, for the week, sey, I will return it as I don see job na.
Monday morning, 7am on the road to Yaba. Got to Alagomeji Bus stop, na hin my phone ring.
"Hello, this is.... from jobmag "
Wow...ok sir.
"Erm...I'm sorry you won't be needed anymore "

Omo, I confuse o. "But why sir? I'm on my way already "
"Don't worry, just turn back"

What?!! Just like that?
I couldn't even explain when I got home.
Bros was like " han han, you forget something for house ni?"

Chai.... . Some employers are just fickle minded. . It's annoying and funny at the same time.
Re: I Got Sacked After 2 Hours I Got Employed by oluwafreshkid(m): 7:53am On Sep 29, 2016
vislabraye:

Chai.... . Some employers are just fickle minded. . It's annoying and funny at the same time.

Lol... it's part of the experiences we gather in life.
And to think that thejobmag is an HR company

1 Like

Re: I Got Sacked After 2 Hours I Got Employed by Onlymewakacum(m): 8:25am On Sep 29, 2016
The Manging Director de harsh oO

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pretty Policewoman Turns Slay Queen As She Releases Photos To Mark Her Birthday / What A Woman Can Do, A Man Can Do Better (photo) / Like Hw Much Is The Salary Scale Of Radio OAP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.