Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,516 members, 7,801,367 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:21 PM

Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Book 7! - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Book 7! (10845 Views)

Harry Potter And The Sorcerers Stone / Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows / Best Harry Potter Book? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Book 7! by tianshie(m): 1:47pm On Jun 20, 2007
@mamaput
lol
Re: Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Book 7! by justkunmi(m): 11:21am On Jun 28, 2007
hi. . .

has anyone finished readin the 7th book?. . .

anyone pls reply
Re: Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Book 7! by mamaput(f): 7:10am On Jun 29, 2007
The 7th is not yet out.
Date due is the 21 july
Re: Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Book 7! by justkunmi(m): 3:00pm On Jun 29, 2007
my dear the 7th book is not yet out officially grin

i've read it and a couple of other people have too. . .
Re: Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Book 7! by Seun(m): 8:42am On Jul 11, 2007
I am still telling you that the version you read was fake!
Re: Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Book 7! by mamaput(f): 8:53am On Jul 11, 2007
i have sen it too.I too say its a fake.
Its not jk language.
Re: Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Book 7! by Oyindamy(f): 10:42am On Jul 11, 2007
I'm not talking about Harry Potter. pls help with ultimate search. Cause u are the only one online among the people that discussed about it.

L learned that the Nigerian breweries already know the people for the search that this screening stuff is just a formality and I'm beginning to loose interest in it. cool

And when i heard that I checked out this Amina girl in the last search and I realize she was also in Amstel Malta box office, how come is she that lucky because the search and Amstel malt is sponsored by Nigerian breweries. angry

And that Stanley guy in the first search, he was the weekest contestant among st the male and female, is it that there are no stronger people for the search shocked
Re: Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Book 7! by point45(m): 10:54pm On Jul 11, 2007
please can anybody send the pdf file to sholagiwa23@yahoo.com? thanks
Re: Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Book 7! by Seun(m): 10:16am On Jul 19, 2007
I'd like to have a copy of the old 'leaked' pdfs to see how accurate they are.
Re: Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Book 7! by Seun(m): 1:43pm On Jul 22, 2007
I have been able to get my hands on the original story. It was[b] fantastic[/b]. J K Rowlings has done it again!
Re: Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Book 7! by SMC(f): 10:50pm On Jul 22, 2007
It is funny the way a capitalist market works. The Harry Potter books have a recommended retail price (RRP) of £17.99 in the UK, but in the price wars amongst the book retail giants, there have been clashes in the price of the book that most retailers are marketing it at less than half the RRP (less than their own cost prices even). Most of them had decided to sell it between £12.99 or £13.99 e.g. Waterstones, but then Tesco decided that it will be selling at £8.87. WH Smith are selling the book for £9.97 but for a limited time which started yesterday (I don't know for how long), the book was advertised at £6.99.

Who wins in all this? The consumers. Fan-Bloody-Tastic. Although I am not a Harry Potter fan (I have not read even one of the books though I have bought a few for my nieces), I think this is definitely good news for Harry Potter lovers as they do not need to break the bank when buying the book. cool

<<snip>>

Although I am not a Harry Potter fan, I think it is very inconsiderate of you to tell how the book ends, effectively ruining the suspense for others.
Re: Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Book 7! by bluesky4(f): 11:53pm On Jul 22, 2007
so who dies? grin grin grin

for all those who have read the book, can u score the book out of 5. As in 5 being the highest. I am thinking whether i should by the book.

please don't tell us who dies, i was only joking.

<<you will banned permanently if you try this>>
Re: Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Book 7! by SMC(f): 6:29pm On Jul 23, 2007
@ Seun,

Good move on removing that guy's post showing how the book ended. Hopefully, many Harry Potter Lovers did not see it.

Keep up the good work mate. smiley
Re: Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Book 7! by Macutie(f): 7:12pm On Jul 23, 2007
Seun,I really will not mind reading da book as well. Can you PLEASE tell me how to get it? PLEASE?
Re: Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Book 7! by imoh81(m): 6:54am On Jul 24, 2007
Re: Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Book 7! by Seun(m): 9:26am On Jul 24, 2007
And if you have already read the book, or don't have time to read it, here's a humorous summary:
http://diogenes-sinope..com/2007/07/potterdammerung-mega-spoilers.html
Re: Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Book 7! by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jul 24, 2007
I've read the book
Say so if you want me to tell you what happened
Re: Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Book 7! by Seun(m): 9:49pm On Jul 24, 2007
If you post spoilers, you will be banned. Permanently. I'm not kidding, I've banned two people already.
Re: Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Book 7! by Payna7(m): 3:03am On Jul 25, 2007
my mother has banned harry potter because it is full of witchcraft.
Re: Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Book 7! by Seun(m): 9:54am On Jul 25, 2007
Don't worry; you'll get to read it when you escape from your mother. The book will be waiting for you. wink
Re: Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Book 7! by temmyabby(f): 10:56pm On Jul 25, 2007
i dunno y theres so much noise bout that book, its the fastest selling book in history undecided
Re: Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Book 7! by SMC(f): 9:21pm On Jul 26, 2007
temmyabby:

its the fastest selling book in history

That it is. On launch day, sales of the book was 15 books sold PER SECOND. Now that is phenomenal if you ask me.
Re: Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Book 7! by djcrucifix(m): 5:48pm On Jul 27, 2007
the book is tight, by far the most interesting.
Re: Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Book 7! by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jul 27, 2007
@Seun
There have been loads and loads and loads of spoilers (AND HARRY POTTER SPOILERS) on this site.
Re: Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Book 7! by Seun(m): 8:34pm On Jul 27, 2007
There are no Harry Potter Book 7 spoilers on this site that I know of.
Re: Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Book 7! by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jul 27, 2007
Definitely, not Deathly Hallows spoilers, but other ones.
Why should Deathly Hallows be an exception?
Re: Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Book 7! by Seun(m): 9:07pm On Jul 27, 2007
It's the latest one? By now, all Harry Potter fans should have finished books 1 to 6.
Re: Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Book 7! by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jul 27, 2007
D'accord
Maintenant, je comprends.
Re: Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Book 7! by olofinjeje: 10:35am On Jul 28, 2007
Bought the book for my children on Thursday-middle child read it in over 6 hours and was impressed.
Eldest son finished yesterday night-the only thing that can wake him up early voluntarily has been this book and money.He declares that it was fantastic .Now that is the highest level of praise or comment my teenage hormone raging son has ever and I repeat ever given.

I will start reading today!!!!!!!!He wants to tell me something from the book but I have vowed to disown him if he spoils the storyline for me.

N.B The book came out in Nigeria on the same day as abroad.Check out BOOKSVILLE,BOOKWORM and NU METRO for up to date books.
Re: Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Book 7! by SMC(f): 11:35am On Jul 28, 2007
olofinjeje:

N.B The book came out in Nigeria on the same day as abroad.Check out BOOKSVILLE,BOOKWORM and NU METRO for up to date books.

How much is the book sold for in Naija?
Re: Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Book 7! by Seun(m): 11:45am On Jul 28, 2007
I was told it costs 4,500 naira at Nu Metro. What do you guys think about this price?
Re: Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Book 7! by SMC(f): 12:03pm On Jul 28, 2007
Seun:

I was told it costs 4,500 naira at Nu Metro. What do you guys think about this price?

I don't know what the RRP is in America and other countries, but in the Uk it is £17.99. Based on this, it is a fair price I believe (I am basing this on a conversion/exchange rate of =N=250 to £1. £18 multiplied by 250 is 4500.

The fact that in a bid to get people into their stores, the book is being sold at a loss by many retailers in the UK should have no bearing on this, so 4,500 naira seems good to me. It means there is uniformity in the RRP.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Common Proverbial Expressions / Naruto Chapter 593 (pidgin English) / A Merry Christmas (Short Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.