Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,650 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:53 PM

A Student Admitted Newly To UNN This Year Needs Your Advice... Pls Don't Ignore - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / A Student Admitted Newly To UNN This Year Needs Your Advice... Pls Don't Ignore (2748 Views)

UNN 2016 Graduate Appeal To NYSC to Extend The Uploading Of Senate List / Dear PCM Pls Don't Be Deceive To Come To Borno State / Don't Ignore This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Student Admitted Newly To UNN This Year Needs Your Advice... Pls Don't Ignore by Mosesbutez(m): 4:35pm On Sep 28, 2016
in University;
which one is more advisable and convenient for a newly admitted student ( 100L)..
living in the school campus or living outside the school?

excluding house rent or school accommodation fee..

Pls, I need an advise from graduated or final years university students, it will be very useful for a student admit to university of Nigeria Nsukka this year...

thank you and God bless you as you advise
Re: A Student Admitted Newly To UNN This Year Needs Your Advice... Pls Don't Ignore by ULSHERLAN(m): 5:06pm On Sep 28, 2016
It depends on what you want.

I for a person love my privacy so i will always go for off campus hostels.

But if you are the type that loves people around then you might consider staying in your school campus.

Going to school from school hostel is relatively at no cost compared to you commuting from an off campus location except it's close to the school and at a walking distance.

Cost of school hostel is cheaper than the one off campus.

You can use this as a deciding factor

1 Like

Re: A Student Admitted Newly To UNN This Year Needs Your Advice... Pls Don't Ignore by Doyin400l(m): 10:10pm On Sep 28, 2016
I graduated from the school. "Bros I take God beg you " If at all u'll be staying in School hostel let it just be in ur 100L to be able to familiarize itself with the environment. From ur 200L better go and live off campus because hostel is too overcrowded with so many squatters residing with u & also coupled with noise pollution emanating therein.

Hope it epps.

1 Like

Re: A Student Admitted Newly To UNN This Year Needs Your Advice... Pls Don't Ignore by Mosesbutez(m): 12:04pm On Sep 29, 2016
Doyin400l:
I graduated from the school. "Bros I take God beg you " If at all u'll be staying in School hostel let it just be in ur 100L to be able to familiarize itself with the environment. From ur 200L better go and live off campus because hostel is too overcrowded with so many squatters residing with u & also coupled with noise pollution emanating therein.

Hope it epps.

thank you very much
Re: A Student Admitted Newly To UNN This Year Needs Your Advice... Pls Don't Ignore by Fingerprinter(m): 12:36pm On Sep 29, 2016
As a super lion, oga stay in hostel for now. The only time I advice people to leave the hostel is from their 300 level. Off campus has so many disadvantages o. If you've not started smoking, then you'll probably start when you get to off k, especially places like hilltop. If you've not started drinking, you'll probably start too. So for stay in the histel
Re: A Student Admitted Newly To UNN This Year Needs Your Advice... Pls Don't Ignore by Doyin400l(m): 4:24pm On Sep 29, 2016
Fingerprinter:
As a super lion, oga stay in hostel for now. The only time I advice people to leave the hostel is from their 300 level. Off campus has so many disadvantages o. If you've not started smoking, then you'll probably start when you get to off k, especially places like hilltop. If you've not started drinking, you'll probably start too. So for stay in the histel
I stayed at Hilltop in my 200L and I didn't smoke nor drink but me dey party hard ooo, and also resides Behind Zik Flat at 300L till I finish .
It depends on your mindset, to me off k makes me study hard as there is no disturbance I just lock my door and jack hard.

GoodLuck to Him.
Re: A Student Admitted Newly To UNN This Year Needs Your Advice... Pls Don't Ignore by Fingerprinter(m): 4:29pm On Sep 29, 2016
Doyin400l:

I stayed at Hilltop in my 200L and I didn't smoke nor drink but me dey party hard ooo, and also resides Behind Zik Flat at 300L till I finish .
It depends on your mindset, to me off k makes me study hard as there is no disturbance I just lock my door and jack hard.

GoodLuck to Him.
Off k makes you study hard? Seriously? All the guys I know who dropped academically in my class did so when they went off k. I stayed off k in my final year. Never a day did I read in my room. Anytime I wanted to read then, I used to go to library. And this is the ever quiet Odim o, not to talk of the more noisy places.
Re: A Student Admitted Newly To UNN This Year Needs Your Advice... Pls Don't Ignore by Doyin400l(m): 9:47am On Oct 01, 2016
Fingerprinter:

Off k makes you study hard? Seriously? All the guys I know who dropped academically in my class did so when they went off k. I stayed off k in my final year. Never a day did I read in my room. Anytime I wanted to read then, I used to go to library. And this is the ever quiet Odim o, not to talk of the more noisy places.

Such is life bro, is not that I didn't have guys and lodge mates disturbing me, but I just always try and avoid them anytime I need studying.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As for the Library thing, I as a person rarely read in the Library without sleeping off. I won't be able to assimilate proper due to nature of that Nnamdi Azikwe Library.
Though I really enjoined my stay in Nsukka. Nice One!!!!
Re: A Student Admitted Newly To UNN This Year Needs Your Advice... Pls Don't Ignore by myrrtle(m): 1:44pm On Oct 01, 2016
as a super lion i would advice him to stay in the hostel for now because of easy access to information. he should also stay in the hostel to study and get used to the sch environment before d off campus thing..
Re: A Student Admitted Newly To UNN This Year Needs Your Advice... Pls Don't Ignore by Mikocake(m): 2:40pm On Oct 01, 2016
I'm a Lion 3rd year..it depends on the kind of person you are if you ask me. first if you're the kind that allergic to dirt and noisy environment then I'll advice you to please for your own good to find a good lodge off campus but if you don't have problems with any of the listed above, then you're good to go..when it comes to academic part, it all boils down to discipline and determination..people in hostel do well and people also do badly the same with off campus..But personally I'll advice you to stay off campus because boys hostel is nothing to write home about..if you were a girl, it would have been no issue but boy?? no no..I won't e wish my enemy that boy's hostel..if you need assistance in finding affordable and decent lodge at hilltop you can holla me..I'm willing to help.
Re: A Student Admitted Newly To UNN This Year Needs Your Advice... Pls Don't Ignore by Ranchhoddas: 9:46pm On Oct 02, 2016
I spent all my years in Eni-Njoku Hall. It was fun all through. So I'd advise you to spend at least your first two years in the hostel to get yourself properly acquainted with the school so you are not caught unawares by the rigors that lie ahead. The Den can be merciless to those who falter. Enjoy your stay.
Re: A Student Admitted Newly To UNN This Year Needs Your Advice... Pls Don't Ignore by Ranchhoddas: 9:55pm On Oct 02, 2016
Mikocake:
I'm a Lion 3rd year..it depends on the kind of person you are if you ask me. first if you're the kind that allergic to dirt and noisy environment then I'll advice you to please for your own good to find a good lodge off campus but if you don't have problems with any of the listed above, then you're good to go..when it comes to academic part, it all boils down to discipline and determination..people in hostel do well and people also do badly the same with off campus..But personally I'll advice you to stay off campus because boys hostel is nothing to write home about..if you were a girl, it would have been no issue but boy?? no no..I won't e wish my enemy that boy's hostel..if you need assistance in finding affordable and decent lodge at hilltop you can holla me..I'm willing to help.
This is very terrible advice. You have just listed the cons without talking about the pros. The goal is to have a good academic standing before any other consideration. The best way to achieve that is by staying in Franco.
Re: A Student Admitted Newly To UNN This Year Needs Your Advice... Pls Don't Ignore by Mikocake(m): 10:04pm On Oct 02, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
This is very terrible advice. You have just listed the cons without talking about the pros. The goal is to have a good academic standing before any other consideration. The best way to achieve that is by staying in Franco.
I don't see any advantage in living in unn hostel for "boys" unless
Re: A Student Admitted Newly To UNN This Year Needs Your Advice... Pls Don't Ignore by Mikocake(m): 10:04pm On Oct 02, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I don't see any advantage in living in unn hostel for "boys" unless you have financial difficulties...
Re: A Student Admitted Newly To UNN This Year Needs Your Advice... Pls Don't Ignore by SFTW: 10:23pm On Oct 02, 2016

(1) (Reply)

NYSC 2018 BATCH ‘A’ GREEN CARD IS AVAILABLE FOR PRINTING - 09082964145 / Corpers Set To Smile As FG Reviews Monthly Allowance To 19,800 / Life After NYSC.... Your Next Task: Get A Job OR Start Your Own Business.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.