Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,199 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:30 AM

I've Not Used It Before, Should I Use It Now? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I've Not Used It Before, Should I Use It Now? (555 Views)

I've Had It With 4-cylinders. / I Thought i've Seen All Toyota Cars...this One Caught Me Off Guard / I Have Not Used My Car For 8 Weeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I've Not Used It Before, Should I Use It Now? by Conner44: 4:39pm On Sep 28, 2016
THERMOSTAT

Yes, I've been driving without it ever since I purchased the car from someone 2 years ago.

I have been seeing discussions about it up and down since but I didn't really get bothered.

I plan to do some regular maintenance on the engine soon and I am considering buying a new thermostat and fixing in. I have never used coolant on the radiator before as well.

The car has also never overheated before, except one day one of the fans disconnected and I was using a/c while driving. It nearly happened that day but I parked sharply on noticing the steam. The hood paint job suffered a bit sha. Our neighborhood kazeem helps me pamper the engine from time to time.

I might as well forgo installing the thermostat as I haven't really been giving thought to the fuel consumption of the car. But I acknowledge that we are in the buhari era and I need to seek if the grass is indeed greener on the other side concerning fuel consumption and installing the thermostat.

I've been using the car for 2 years like this, no issues no complaints. Should I try a thermostat now or just face my front? 2003 honda accord i4

Please advise
Re: I've Not Used It Before, Should I Use It Now? by udede(m): 4:57pm On Sep 28, 2016
using it without the temostat mayby best for you because you never know when the thermo will pack up. i use mine without it and am cool like that.

(1) (Reply)

Do You Know Your Car Breathes? / Need Honda Accord? / Volvo Promises 'DEATHPROOF' Cars By 2020 Using These Features

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.