Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,886 members, 7,806,554 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:14 PM

Facial Deformity: Man With 'Alien-Like' Face Hoping For Life-Changing Surgery. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Facial Deformity: Man With 'Alien-Like' Face Hoping For Life-Changing Surgery. (5476 Views)

Please What's This Skin Deformity? (Semi Graphic) / PHOTOS: 11-year-old Girl Undergoes Life-changing Surgery To Correct Her Bow Legs / Baby Born With Deformity In Yenagoa, Bayelsa (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Facial Deformity: Man With 'Alien-Like' Face Hoping For Life-Changing Surgery. by Explorers(m): 8:16pm On Sep 28, 2016
The family of a man with severe deformities is hoping he can undergo life-changing facial surgery.

Xia Yuanhai, 53, who lives in Laotu village in Chongqing, southwestern China, has facial hyperplasia excessive tissue enlargement.

It means his facial proportions have become grossly enlarged, crushing his teeth and making him deaf.

source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3811974/Man-severe-facial-deformities-alien-like-features-hoping-life-changing-surgery.html
cc: lalasticlala

3 Shares

Re: Facial Deformity: Man With 'Alien-Like' Face Hoping For Life-Changing Surgery. by Explorers(m): 8:19pm On Sep 28, 2016
His brother, Xia Yuanchang, 66, said the symptoms only developed in adulthood.

He said it came on gradually, and treatment would have been extremely expensive.

Because of this, his family did not seek medical help when he was younger.

Now, many years later, it has completely deformed Xia’s face.

His brother is now attempting to raise enough funds to get the ground-breaking operation.

1 Like

Re: Facial Deformity: Man With 'Alien-Like' Face Hoping For Life-Changing Surgery. by Explorers(m): 8:20pm On Sep 28, 2016
The villager Xia Yuanhai is well known in Changling town, Chongqing, because of his features.

Re: Facial Deformity: Man With 'Alien-Like' Face Hoping For Life-Changing Surgery. by Explorers(m): 8:22pm On Sep 28, 2016
His brother Xia Yuanchang, left, is desperate for funding so his brother can have surgery.

Re: Facial Deformity: Man With 'Alien-Like' Face Hoping For Life-Changing Surgery. by Titheman(m): 8:25pm On Sep 28, 2016
lipsrsealed
Re: Facial Deformity: Man With 'Alien-Like' Face Hoping For Life-Changing Surgery. by Asuokaa: 8:30pm On Sep 28, 2016
Oga ooo
Re: Facial Deformity: Man With 'Alien-Like' Face Hoping For Life-Changing Surgery. by skup008(m): 8:32pm On Sep 28, 2016
shocked @explorers this one tall gan o.

1 Like

Re: Facial Deformity: Man With 'Alien-Like' Face Hoping For Life-Changing Surgery. by Nobody: 8:34pm On Sep 28, 2016
God please forgive me but the guy looks like orangutan
Re: Facial Deformity: Man With 'Alien-Like' Face Hoping For Life-Changing Surgery. by femolacqua(m): 8:40pm On Sep 28, 2016
Eleyi gidi kan
Re: Facial Deformity: Man With 'Alien-Like' Face Hoping For Life-Changing Surgery. by Nobody: 8:44pm On Sep 28, 2016
WTF
Re: Facial Deformity: Man With 'Alien-Like' Face Hoping For Life-Changing Surgery. by ChemicalReaction(f): 8:50pm On Sep 28, 2016
And I thought I've seen it all..
Re: Facial Deformity: Man With 'Alien-Like' Face Hoping For Life-Changing Surgery. by DEIFIED(m): 8:50pm On Sep 28, 2016
God, see hw large his head.is compares to that of his brother.
But before it got to this extent, why didn't they look for solution, and he is now already 50years+.
Re: Facial Deformity: Man With 'Alien-Like' Face Hoping For Life-Changing Surgery. by Explorers(m): 8:51pm On Sep 28, 2016
fuckboy:
God please forgive me but the guy looks like orangutan

Lol...
Re: Facial Deformity: Man With 'Alien-Like' Face Hoping For Life-Changing Surgery. by Nobody: 9:01pm On Sep 28, 2016
Explorers:

Lol...
embarassed
Explorers:

Lol...
but its true
Re: Facial Deformity: Man With 'Alien-Like' Face Hoping For Life-Changing Surgery. by Missyetty(f): 9:31pm On Sep 28, 2016
This look so touching, God please provide money for them..
Truly, blood is thicker than water

1 Like

Re: Facial Deformity: Man With 'Alien-Like' Face Hoping For Life-Changing Surgery. by tk4rd: 9:37pm On Sep 28, 2016
I don't think I have anything to say.. This is so scary.
Re: Facial Deformity: Man With 'Alien-Like' Face Hoping For Life-Changing Surgery. by NLban: 10:04pm On Sep 28, 2016
Re: Facial Deformity: Man With 'Alien-Like' Face Hoping For Life-Changing Surgery. by RoastedCorn(m): 11:06pm On Sep 28, 2016
i pray they find money fast,He should get a dentist quickly ,one that specializes in oral and maxilloficial surgery

Sometimes when I visit the hospitals

All I can say is God bless doctors

#proudDentistIntheMaking

1 Like

Re: Facial Deformity: Man With 'Alien-Like' Face Hoping For Life-Changing Surgery. by hahn(m): 11:21pm On Sep 28, 2016
RoastedCorn:
i pray they find money fast,He should get a dentist quickly ,one that specializes in oral and maxilloficial surgery

#proudDentistIntheMaking

Your prayer would have been more useful if it had prevented the disease instead. Now, they have to raise funds. Even your god cannot even come up with the needed amount. undecided

If Jehovah are Allah were real and we were really created in either of their image, this is what they would look like tongue

Poverty is a bad thing. Can't wait to launch my foundation and start solving problems like these smiley

3 Likes

Re: Facial Deformity: Man With 'Alien-Like' Face Hoping For Life-Changing Surgery. by Aremu01(m): 5:14am On Sep 29, 2016
Na WA o Disease de this world o
Re: Facial Deformity: Man With 'Alien-Like' Face Hoping For Life-Changing Surgery. by Explorers(m): 5:45am On Sep 29, 2016
Aremu01:
Na WA o
Disease de this world o

As in bro...God save us.
Re: Facial Deformity: Man With 'Alien-Like' Face Hoping For Life-Changing Surgery. by Nobody: 12:46pm On Sep 29, 2016
wati person eye no go se. BTW is the money for buying machineries, it more of medical knowledge and services na considering how espensive health care has become?? i just think health should be cheaper than it is.
Re: Facial Deformity: Man With 'Alien-Like' Face Hoping For Life-Changing Surgery. by Explorers(m): 1:32pm On Sep 29, 2016
DEIFIED:
God, see hw large his head.is compares to that of his brother.
But before it got to this extent, why didn't they look for solution, and he is now already 50years+.

Like they dont have much money to do that.
Re: Facial Deformity: Man With 'Alien-Like' Face Hoping For Life-Changing Surgery. by samtee37(m): 3:08pm On Sep 29, 2016
Chinekeme cry
Re: Facial Deformity: Man With 'Alien-Like' Face Hoping For Life-Changing Surgery. by skywalker495(m): 12:08pm On Sep 30, 2016
Head of Horror
Planets of Apes
Re: Facial Deformity: Man With 'Alien-Like' Face Hoping For Life-Changing Surgery. by Explorers(m): 12:11pm On Sep 30, 2016
skywalker495:
Head of Horror
Planets of Apes

Apes head sef no big reach.
Re: Facial Deformity: Man With 'Alien-Like' Face Hoping For Life-Changing Surgery. by Funjosh(m): 12:30pm On Sep 30, 2016
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Facial Deformity: Man With 'Alien-Like' Face Hoping For Life-Changing Surgery. by bqlekan(m): 12:37pm On Sep 30, 2016
hahn:

Your prayer would have been more useful if it had prevented the disease instead. Now, they have to raise funds. Even your god cannot even come up with the needed amount. undecided

If Jehovah are Allah were real and we were really created in either of their image, this is what they would look like tongue

Poverty is a bad thing. Can't wait to launch my foundation and start solving problems like these smiley

Mr hahn, I like the fact that you are an intelligent atheist. But your post up there doesn't solve the man's problem either, instead, it creates hate between individuals. He prayed to what he believes in, why not pray to whatever you believe in too. Spread love, not hate..

And I wish you luck concerning your foundation.

2 Likes

Re: Facial Deformity: Man With 'Alien-Like' Face Hoping For Life-Changing Surgery. by hahn(m): 12:44pm On Sep 30, 2016
bqlekan:

Mr hahn, I like the fact that you are an intelligent atheist.

Thanks for the compliment but I mumu pass you cheesy

But your post up there doesn't solve the man's problem either, instead, it creates hate between individuals. He prayed to what he believes in, why not pray to whatever you believe in too. Spread love, not hate..

No it doesn't. True.

Neither does the comment I quoted.

We should look to ourselves to solve our own problems and not to imaginary beings that originate from wishful thinking

And I wish you luck concerning your foundation.

Thanks smiley

Good luck too. We all need it grin
Re: Facial Deformity: Man With 'Alien-Like' Face Hoping For Life-Changing Surgery. by Explorers(m): 12:45pm On Sep 30, 2016
Funjosh:
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

what bro?
Re: Facial Deformity: Man With 'Alien-Like' Face Hoping For Life-Changing Surgery. by bqlekan(m): 12:50pm On Sep 30, 2016
hahn:

Thanks for the compliment but I mumu pass you cheesy

No it doesn't. True.

Neither does the comment I quoted.

We should look to ourselves to solve our own problems and not to imaginary beings that originate from wishful thinking

Thanks smiley

Good luck too. We all need it grin

Re: Facial Deformity: Man With 'Alien-Like' Face Hoping For Life-Changing Surgery. by Drdonzeez(m): 10:08pm On Sep 30, 2016
RoastedCorn:

#proudDentistIntheMaking
This is unarguably beyond the scope of only an oral n maxillofacial surgeon..combined efforts of so many surgeons of different specialties are required..I pray they get the funds..May God help us.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Drink Water On Empty Stomach / HERPES:Things You Didn't Know. Half Of The World's Population Are Infected. R U? / /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.