Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,495 members, 7,808,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:36 PM

I Was Slapped By My Employer - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Was Slapped By My Employer (22611 Views)

My Employer Does Not Want Me To Leave - Please Advice Me / My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me / My Employer Robbed Me In Broad Daylight! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by undefeated(m): 10:45pm On Sep 28, 2016
you are wrong to have argued with the woman, though you did not give the full details, what you did to the child you kept to yourself and the HM should be civil enough not to assault someone, you are both wrong

2 Likes

Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by kayStelly(f): 10:45pm On Sep 28, 2016
kk
Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by goldbim(f): 10:46pm On Sep 28, 2016
Hmmmmmm!!!i can understand..talking from experience.. I did not go to the school for 3days..an urgent PTA meeting was called by the proprietress because parents threatened to withdraw their kids..The HM apologized to me in the presence of all staff and parents..I'm so sure she regretted her action because she was later sacked at the end of that session...but next time,you don't give parents attitude no matter what..some could be over bearing but the word SORRY performs magic @times..by the time you embarrass them with courtesy, they'll love you by force.. cheesy.

1 Like

Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by HopeAtHand: 10:46pm On Sep 28, 2016
GasAndOilTheory:
You mentioned incident but cautiously excluded what happened probably because you know you where wrong.

Even from your narration.... Its obvious you excluded some important details....
Was it on your right or left cheek she hit ? cheesy
Or both at the same time? grin
Biko, make sure you beg your HM tomorrow, you are lucky she didn't allerydice you instantly

I acknowledge your bolded. Very thoughtful.

As for OP, since you teach in a school, a parent is the last person to keep malice with.No parent will side an erring child over a teacher. A teacher is very important in the life of a pupil.

You are obviously in the wrong but the Headmaster/Headmistress shouldn't have slapped you, a reprimand in the presence of the parent would have been sufficient.

Slapping a teacher to please a parent? it goes to show how bad the economy is!!!.

3 Likes

Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by Richy4(m): 10:47pm On Sep 28, 2016
MzPecs:
You should have known that the mother of the child was warning you because of the incident you had with her child, what you should have done is to keep apologising no matter what rather you decided to keep malice with the mother of a child you teach at school. That's bad of you...

Don't you know your salary is being paid from the parents for your pupils, the slap is well deserved. Next time you learn good manners.

Revenge at your own risk! Go and apologise to your HM for being rude to a parent and stop acting RAZZ. undecided

I just want to believe that you were joking based on what u wrote up there...
If u are not, then i can't help u because the way u think is beyond help

6 Likes

Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by xtervaganza(m): 10:49pm On Sep 28, 2016
MzPecs:
You should have known that the mother of the child was warning you because of the incident you had with her child, what you should have done is to keep apologising no matter what rather you decided to keep malice with the mother of a child you teach at school. That's bad of you...

Don't you know your salary is being paid from the parents for your pupils, the slap is well deserved. Next time you learn good manners.

Revenge at your own risk! Go and apologise to your HM for being rude to a parent and stop acting RAZZ. undecided
you're a FOOL!

what right does anybody have to hit an employee? I know your type. You're the type who pour hot water on housemaids.

And then when you fxcked up and your children are suffering you'll be shouting work of the enemy

Idiot

13 Likes

Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by Taryur3(m): 10:50pm On Sep 28, 2016
MzPecs:

That's awful for her HM to slapped her.suspension from work would have been OK, while she apologise to the parent.she already got that hot slap which is not right and you still think she should apologise to the woman.Noooo...its not done that way.

5 Likes

Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by teechedah: 10:51pm On Sep 28, 2016
@OP....To be candid.Your days are numbered and your exit door draw nearer even with the frre slap you chop. Even without her slapping you, u are already gone. She only slaped you to protect her own integrity and job. I swear, if I were you, I will DEFINATELY return the SLAP immediately and exit there useless job.Bro, package your CV well cos better job await you. Your days are numbered cos u just chop free slap....pls dont arrange for boys cos its will may affect ur future.Just search for a better job cos its glaring they will meet to show u exit door.....Thank me later
Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by xtervaganza(m): 10:54pm On Sep 28, 2016
And to you, op, the only thing I blame you for is not slapping the hm back.

Well it's not too late. You can do as your friend suggested. Arrange people to beat life out of that b1tch

Next time she won't hit her subordinates again
Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by dhantey324(m): 10:55pm On Sep 28, 2016
telemapreye1:
Good evening nairalanders
I work with kids thou it's a part time job,..
To cut short the long story..i had an incident with one of the children I teach and her little brother of 6 was there with me..i never knew he told his mum
So the next day she brought them to school and started warning me"i was shocked thinking of what I did"and she refused to tell me what I did..i stopped greeting her since that day until today I and her had a disagreement so I argued and talk back at her cos she was very rude to me...
The HM called I and her into her office and allowed the woman explain her own part and didn't even bother to hear mine,the next thing I felt a sting on my cheeks(The hm slaped me)i was so embarrassed to the extent that I cried for two hours
I got home and told my friend about it so she said she will helped me arrange some guys to beat her up but am scared,i don't want to hurt her but my heart needs revenge
Shld I forget about or revenge?

But I don't blame her i blame death...

Take your salary and leave.
Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by Taryur3(m): 10:55pm On Sep 28, 2016
I feel for you dear...and that's very bad of your HM to slap you in front of a parent.that show your HM lack common sense by acting in such manner. It would have been OK if you got a suspension letter of 2weeks from work and then write an apology letter to the management. Don't revenge forget about it and move on...try If you can get a better job just to take the awful slap from your memory. I feel your pain but just leave what you can't change.No condition is permanent and every toiling has an expiry date. Sorry, and move on,thats part of life experience

4 Likes

Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by donvicky2007: 10:55pm On Sep 28, 2016
telemapreye1:
To cut short the long story..i had an incident with one of the children I teach and her little brother of 6 was there with me..i never knew he told his mum
So the next day she brought them to school and started warning me"i was shocked thinking of what I did"and she refused to tell me what I did..i stopped greeting her since that day until today I and her had a disagreement so I argued and talk back at her cos she was very rude to me...
The HM called I and her into her office and allowed the woman explain her own part and didn't even bother to hear mine,the next thing I felt a sting on my cheeks(The hm slaped me)i was so embarrassed to the extent that I cried for two hours
I got home and told my friend about it so she said she will helped me arrange some guys to beat her up but am scared,i don't want to hurt her but my heart needs revenge

you made a mistake you should have given her a resounding slap as a payback package.
most employers of labor don't abide to work ethics,why slap her when she can be issue a query .

Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by Iseoluwani: 10:56pm On Sep 28, 2016
MzPecs:

She wouldn't have gotten that slap if she had acted with manners, that slap will help give her a [b][/b]re-set.[b]

Next time, she should learn how to handle parents except she wanna quit teaching.
[/b]

You Mean like this grin

Honestly she doesn't to be slapped no matter what. I have violated worse rules like that. I served in the north were education is not taken seriously and I always have problems with the dull students I beat them, punish them n fail them every time. My name got so popular that they knew my name more than myself. I slapped a student, naked a student because he was sagging but yet the principal supported me in front of the parents but inside his office, he lambasted me.

I just think the HM Z UNPROFESSIONAL IN HIS/HER WORK

PLS DONT REVENGE OP.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by luminouz(m): 11:03pm On Sep 28, 2016
[quote author=MzPecs post=49754989] You should have known that the mother of the child was warning you because of the incident you had with her child, what you should have done is to keep apologising no matter what rather you decided to keep malice with the mother of a child you teach at school. That's bad of you...

Soro niyen! Siosio

[/quote
Soro niyen!

1 Like

Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by Donpressman(m): 11:05pm On Sep 28, 2016
MzPecs:

Am not sorry to say this. You are very foolish. Let them ban me now. Thanks!

10 Likes

Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by joseph1832(m): 11:05pm On Sep 28, 2016
telemapreye1:

No offence, but you made the mistake of not returning the slap back to her immediately.

This is your only offence, just because she's the HM doesn't give her or him the right to slap you.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by MzPecs(f): 11:07pm On Sep 28, 2016
Iseoluwani:

You Mean like this grin

Honestly she doesn't to be slapped no matter what. I have violated worse rules like that. I served in the north were education is not taken seriously and I always have problems with the dull students I beat them, punish them n fail them every time. My name got so popular that they knew my name more than myself. I slapped a student, naked a student because he was sagging but yet the principal supported me in front of the parents but inside his office, he lambasted me.

I just think the HM Z UNPROFESSIONAL IN HIS/HER WORK

PLS DONT REVENGE OP.
Lol cheesy
If you know what goes around in a private school, you'll understand my point better! Does the OP know what her HM went through to get those kids registered in her school? Then she comes from nowhere to bring her success down by being rude to a parent.

School is a business and they're all in a competition. Teachers have got this one unique trait and that's patience buh she lacks it!
Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by OlujobaSamuel: 11:07pm On Sep 28, 2016
op, it's month end, take ur pay, tender a resignation, get another school, during resignation, state her bad manners in the letter. i cant even take shit in words not to talk of you hitting me. some people sha, God save r no,b ur friend, dat one for beat r forget salary
Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by OlujobaSamuel: 11:09pm On Sep 28, 2016
MzPecs:

If you know what goes around in a private school, you'll understand my point better! Does the OP know what her HM went through to get those kids registered in her school? Then she comes from nowhere to bring her success down by being rude to a parent.

School is a business and they're all in a competition. Teachers have got this one unique trait and that's patience buh she lacks it!
and you are a lady, yet you find joy in promoting violence, only GOD can help your home or future home

6 Likes

Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by faruz: 11:12pm On Sep 28, 2016
Eehhn, return the slap naaa...

undecided
Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by MzPecs(f): 11:14pm On Sep 28, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:

and you are a lady, yet you find joy in promoting violence, only GOD can help your home or future home
I'm not promoting violence here, God forbid I do that..

How would you feel if your child's teacher behave arrogantly to you when you came to warn her bout what she did to your child and even stops talking greeting you when you bring your child to school?

Tell me how you would feel?
Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by Obiks52(f): 11:14pm On Sep 28, 2016
MzPecs:

I am sure you re one of those who supports the foreigners to slap and kick their employees because they did something wrong. What happened to issuing a query or a warning. Pls call a spade a space.

6 Likes

Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by Swizdom(m): 11:19pm On Sep 28, 2016
An0nimus:

I don't know about others, but this text's colour is a huge turnoff.

I don't even read it whether it is a good advice or not. Why should I blind myself trying to read something another will still write.

3 Likes

Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by Phi001(m): 11:21pm On Sep 28, 2016
MzPecs:

How would you feel if your child's teacher behave arrogantly to you when you came to warn her bout what she did to your child and even stops talking greeting you when you bring your child to school?

So you're saying she deserved the slap?

2 Likes

Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by MzPecs(f): 11:26pm On Sep 28, 2016
Swizdom:

I don't even read it whether it is a good advice or not. Why should I blind myself trying to read something another will still write.
LOL grin cheesy grin
Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by babyfaceafrica: 11:27pm On Sep 28, 2016
MzPecs:

Lol cheesy

so she deserve the slap,because the school is a business? so you make an employer look bad and hurt them to satisfy a client?....continue

4 Likes

Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by OneManLegion(m): 11:28pm On Sep 28, 2016
MzPecs:

The only paragraph that bears a semblance of wisdom is the first. The others are just plain _stupid.

5 Likes

Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by Swizdom(m): 11:28pm On Sep 28, 2016
MzPecs:

LOL grin cheesy grin

Seriously, I'm not sure I've read your comments b4. I do skip them irrespective of the likes they have. The color is awful and not good for my eyes.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by Idrismusty97(m): 11:31pm On Sep 28, 2016
You should have immediately reciprocate a more resounding slap twice since you will be most likely fired. What does it profit a man to be slapped and fire at the same time. You lose sis...You lose big time. Slapping the HM now or doing anything to her now would be pointless, your valor is already gone. Revenge is best served hot. cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by OlujobaSamuel: 11:31pm On Sep 28, 2016
MzPecs:

she never disclosed what happened, so cant conclude she is guilty or not, keeping malice with anyone is bad so not about customer employee only, but the Manager slapping the employee is soo so off it. No one should celebrate such.
During my IT in 2009, i had an issue with my boss in office, she sent me to deposit a cheque for the organisation, so she said the name wasnt properly written that i should go back for correction, i knew it was irrelevant, so i told her but she refused, so i went back in the scorching sun, no mobility cuz its just outside the organisation but ten mins trekking from my office, when i get to the bank, the Teller told me its irrelevant and even if he write it on the slip, it wont show on system cuz its processed already, went back to her, she then accepted it feeling remorse for forcing me to go in that sun, but she never apologised as the boss, i just waited till the next day when i know there would be many absent employee, about 4 out of 6, i refused to show up and the work was so tedious for her, she got annoyed when i got to work the 3rd day but she couldnt do anything because she knows not how i will react.
if the lady is a violent type, the HM wont even try slapping her, she knew her weakness, and she exploited it.
there are ways to discipline employees without having to assault them. what happens to query, suspension, letter of apologies, sack, etc.
slapping is wrong in every sense of it.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by willibounce1(m): 11:32pm On Sep 28, 2016
Why not tell us what you did to the boy instead of this phucking story of getting slapped... from tone of your write up, I can tell you will be one very rude and razz girl.

This is how many young naija girls behave, when they do something stupid and get served, the run to the internet and start telling lies and playing the victim. Tell us wetin you do the boy. Them never slap you.. the hm suppose blow lik 3 teeth comot your mouth... why e be say na only girls dem dey slap for place of work? You no greet client because them correct you. Go open your own school na, make you see as e easy.

1 Like

Re: I Was Slapped By My Employer by Nobody: 11:32pm On Sep 28, 2016
telemapreye1:

Well their is a limit to what I can take the only justifiable reason is if you actually hit the little child and your not supposed to. If not that's BS i will return the slap twice and walk out of the job. I don't know how People take BS from their boss I just can't.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Can You Work In A Place Where You Submit Your Phone Everyday? / PHOTOS: Public Worker Sweeping The Streets Backing Her Baby In Ibadan / Women Repair Motorcycles In Niger State (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.