Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,483 members, 7,808,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:26 PM

What If I Travel Out During My NYSC? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / What If I Travel Out During My NYSC? (5628 Views)

"My NYSC Camp Experience" – Owolabi Ajasa / My NYSC Experience At Taraba Camp, Batch A, Stream 2, 2016. / My NYSC Camp Experience: Iseyin Camp, Oyo State B2'15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What If I Travel Out During My NYSC? by Poliporpor(m): 6:24am On Sep 29, 2016
See I am applying for a visa which might come out during my NYSC. For me, NYSC cannot hold me down against a BREAK OUT. I do not have that much regard for it anyway, but What would be the implication If I quit and travel midway in my NYSC? I will like to replace myself with a jobless person wherever I get posted to. Can someone get the NYSC cert for me?
Re: What If I Travel Out During My NYSC? by ademasta(m): 7:22am On Sep 29, 2016
Let us wait and see... Your plans might go well but, if caught na to repeat nysc and still pay some fine.... Good luck bro
Re: What If I Travel Out During My NYSC? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Sep 29, 2016
Find somebody to arrange the runs with, preferably a fellow corper or nysc staff. He/she would sign your name during CDS and arrange with your PPA to collect work-based appraisals whenever needed. Most people I know who did this forfeited their monthly allowance as compensation to the individual for handling the stresses involved.
Come back before your passing out parade and collect your certificate like everyone else.
Re: What If I Travel Out During My NYSC? by Donpizzle(m): 4:31pm On Sep 29, 2016
charix:
Find somebody to arrange the runs with, preferably a fellow corper or nysc staff. He/she would sign your name during CDS and arrange with your PPA to collect work-based appraisals whenever needed. Most people I know who did this forfeited their monthly allowance as compensation to the individual for handling the stresses involved.
Come back before your passing out parade and collect your certificate like everyone else.

Hello, before advising him on what to do. Remember from nxt month, clearance with be done using biometrics. So if he absconds, he will face the music.

1 Like

Re: What If I Travel Out During My NYSC? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Sep 29, 2016
Donpizzle:

Hello, before advising him on what to do. Remember from nxt month, clearance with be done using biometrics. So if he absconds, you will face the music.
Wow. Never knew this.
If the system was created by man it can always get tweaked. It's all a matter of time before people learn to bypass the involved protocols.
Re: What If I Travel Out During My NYSC? by Donpizzle(m): 4:37pm On Sep 29, 2016
charix:

Wow. Never knew this.
If the system was created by man it can always get tweaked. It's all a matter of time before people learn to bypass the involved protocols.
I see, the only way to bypass it is to cut off your thumb and attach it to your impersonator's hand.

2 Likes

Re: What If I Travel Out During My NYSC? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Sep 29, 2016
Donpizzle:

I see, the only way to bypass it is to cut off your thumb and attach it to your impersonator's hand.
In theory. Why not wait till people come up with a less radical method? Don't forget this is Nigeria; nysc officials can get paid to present all signing documents at the end of the year for the defaulter in question to thumb print individually -- working their way up from January to December of the service year.

2 Likes

Re: What If I Travel Out During My NYSC? by Nobody: 7:38am On Sep 30, 2016
forget biometrics jare. We are in 9ja, anything can happen with enough cash grin wink cheesy. Just ask around. You will get your cert

3 Likes

Re: What If I Travel Out During My NYSC? by kuchikau1: 11:40pm On May 22, 2017
Poliporpor:
See I am applying for a visa which might come out during my NYSC. For me, NYSC cannot hold me down against a BREAK OUT. I do not have that much regard for it anyway, but What would be the implication If I quit and travel midway in my NYSC? I will like to replace myself with a jobless person wherever I get posted to. Can someone get the NYSC cert for me?
bro, pls how did u finally handle it. Am facing same challenge now.
Re: What If I Travel Out During My NYSC? by Stormyweather(m): 12:20am On May 23, 2017
Just to clear things up a bit. We have been using biometrics for over a month now, in fact that is what replaced our manual sign out. The biometrics can be by passed for certain reasons, even with ease sef. This is because it doesn't work for everyone and all they do is take down their state code number. Biometrics or not oga op if you arrange well you will travel and someone will pick up your certificate. This is very wrong tho. To serve your country is not by force. Cheers!
Re: What If I Travel Out During My NYSC? by kuchikau1: 2:34pm On May 23, 2017
Stormyweather:
Just to clear things up a bit. We have been using biometrics for over a month now, in fact that is what replaced our manual sign out. The biometrics can be by passed for certain reasons, even with ease sef. This is because it doesn't work for everyone and all they do is take down their state code number. Biometrics or not oga op if you arrange well you will travel and someone will pick up your certificate. This is very wrong tho. To serve your country is not by force. Cheers!
how do i go about d arrangement. Am in dere need of it.
Re: What If I Travel Out During My NYSC? by Stormyweather(m): 3:22pm On May 23, 2017
kuchikau1:
how do i go about d arrangement. Am in dere need of it.
where are you serving? Give me a call. I'll put you through what to do. Step by step.
Re: What If I Travel Out During My NYSC? by Ayoola03(f): 12:43pm On Jun 22, 2017
@stormyweather and other gurus in the house please help biko, i gained a fully funded scholarship nov 2016 when i was still in camp and i was asked to resume by jan2017, i had to defer my admission to sept 2017. i am currently serving and will finish service in October 24th . school is resuming 1st of sept. i plan doing my biometrics for the month of august before leaving. considering the new system nysc has just introduced, it just 2months to the completion of my service. i have tried to liaise with my LI but he said it is above his power cos as we thumb print, our biometrics details is been received in abuja. please how can i possibly go about this, time is not by my side

Stormyweather:
Re: What If I Travel Out During My NYSC? by Stormyweather(m): 9:56am On Jun 26, 2017
Ayoola03:
@stormyweather and other gurus in the house please help biko, i gained a fully funded scholarship nov 2016 when i was still in camp and i was asked to resume by jan2017, i had to defer my admission to sept 2017. i am currently serving and will finish service in October 24th . school is resuming 1st of sept. i plan doing my biometrics for the month of august before leaving. considering the new system nysc has just introduced, it just 2months to the completion of my service. i have tried to liaise with my LI but he said it is above his power cos as we thumb print, our biometrics details is been received in abuja. please how can i possibly go about this, time is not by my side

you can take the risk, your LI is just being rigid. It will be difficult to leave without his blessings tho. The thumbprint thing doesn't count, atleast not yet. It's mostly for clearance. You can talk to him again or just collect sick leave and renew it. Try to give me a call 08068172042 I can suggest other ways to you.
Re: What If I Travel Out During My NYSC? by LilJOEKILLEM: 12:17pm On Nov 10, 2018
Hold on how about if u want to travel for a serious conference during camp, I'm talking five days.

(1) (Reply)

No Time To Waste, You Must See This Now / Batch A 2017 Corps, Have You Registered?which State Is Your 1,2,3,and 4 Choice. / NYSC Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.