Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,024 members, 7,807,018 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:40 AM

The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist (7258 Views)

Mark Zuckerberg Was NEVER An Atheist In The First Place . / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / How We've Been Praying The Wrong Way All This Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by Nobody: 9:17am On Sep 29, 2016
Some atheists became atheists because they read the Bible and spotted some loop holes in it. Most times they cite those biblical passages and mock christians with it. The Bible certainly contains things that doesn't add up, especially the account of creation. But that shouldn't be the ultimate reason which decides the existence or inexistence of a supreme being. When an atheist is challenged using the Bible he scores points, but when he is challenged using the physics and metaphysics of things in existence he struggles to prove their is no God.

If you are an atheist I would really like to know what makes you think it is possible for a complex and organized system to emerge on its own without guidance
Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by Nobody: 2:26pm On Sep 29, 2016
First I would like you to explain why you believe a complex and intelligent God, can emerge on his own without guidance.

2 Likes

Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by Nobody: 4:49pm On Sep 29, 2016
Lennycool:
First I would like you to explain why you believe a complex and intelligent God, can emerge on his own without guidance.
God is not confined to time and space. He exists in a dimension outside of time and space. Existing outside the universe would make Him absolute, infinite and totally uncaused.

3 Likes

Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by UyiIredia(m): 5:12pm On Sep 29, 2016
Lennycool:

He didn't emerge without guidance He has always existed. A FACT too big for your small mind to comprehend.

2 Likes

Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by sinequanon: 5:13pm On Sep 29, 2016
Ontarget:
If you are an atheist I would really like to know what makes you think it is possible for a complex and organized system to emerge on its own without guidance

What is complex? What is simple?

Are you asking how it is possible for a system to emerge that appears complex and organized to the human brain?

What about complex and organized relative to the brain of a sardine or slug? Why shouldn't one thing be complex and organized relative to the cognition of another?

2 Likes

Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by Nobody: 5:42pm On Sep 29, 2016
UyiIredia:

He didn't emerge without guidance He has always existed. A FACT too big for your small mind to comprehend.
So in essence you believe something complex can exist without needing a creator wink. I think this argument is over.

7 Likes

Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by Nobody: 5:50pm On Sep 29, 2016
Ontarget, if u are an athiest then u are d most intelligent and understanding athiests on nairaland but if not, still weldone, i love what u asked
Jusst watch, they will trooping here to ask u stupid questions and ignore urs
Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by winner01(m): 6:04pm On Sep 29, 2016
You cant be an angry atheist by simply failing to understand the entirety of the Bible.

You can only be an angry atheist by loosing a dear one or failed request to a heartcry. This is only what can motivate one to spend hours of his day on hate.

Anger is not acquired by simply lack of or misunderstanding of scriptures, it is acquired by an experience. A terrible experience.
And it is the only motivation they need to fight back.

2 Likes

Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by Nobody: 6:27pm On Sep 29, 2016
winner01:
You cant be an angry atheist by simply failing to understand the entirety of the Bible.

You can only be an angry atheist by loosing a dear one or failed request to a heartcry. This is only what can motivate one to spend hours of his day on hate.

Anger is not acquired by simply lack of or misunderstanding of scriptures, it is acquired by an experience. A terrible experience.
Only a handful of atheist on this site are truly angry, the rest are just trying to educate our disillusioned society. So what if this takes hours or days or months or even years. Nigeria must be cured of the cancer that ravages it. And sooner or later, whether anyone likes it or not, it will be cured.

7 Likes

Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by DoctorAlien(m): 6:49pm On Sep 29, 2016
Atheists now try to appear more ridiculous by questioning the complexity of the universe. Imagine the fellow above asking "what is complex? what is simple?"

Will atheists also say the concept of complexity is subjective? Will they also say that the universe appears complex to some and not complex to others? If it be so, then human judgment/reasoning is not to be trusted in the search for truth, because what appears incredible to one may appear plausible to another. And so, atheists shouldn't even be sure that they are on the right part to finding truth by being atheists.

The delusion is strong. I'm watching these atheists deceiving themselves like

2 Likes

Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by Ranchhoddas: 7:09pm On Sep 29, 2016
UyiIredia:

You know this how?

2 Likes

Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by promise10: 7:45pm On Sep 29, 2016
lordnicklaus:

God is not confined to time and space. He exists in a dimension outside of time and space. Existing outside the universe would make Him absolute, infinite and totally uncaused.
Any atheist that tries to debate me on God, but couldn't put this into consideration. Is simply stupid in my own sense.

You don't believe in God, yes I agree with you. But your unbelief in a creator shouldn't make you SO INSANE to fake up a rubbish ideology and try to make me argue on the basis of the ideology you faked up. That's stupidity!

1 Like

Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by honourhim: 7:57pm On Sep 29, 2016
promise10:

Any atheist that tries to debate me on God, but couldn't put this into consideration. Is simply stupid in my own sense.

You don't believe in God, yes I agree with you. But your unbelief in a creator shouldn't make you SO INSANE to fake up a rubbish ideology and try to make me argue on the basis of the ideology you faked up. That's stupidity!

Atheists appear more foolish with the foolish questions they bring up these days.
Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by onetrack(m): 8:00pm On Sep 29, 2016
lordnicklaus:

Any evidence for this? Otherwise it is just an empty claim that anyone can make about any god.

5 Likes

Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by Nobody: 8:55pm On Sep 29, 2016
Lennycool:
Just as the earthly realm and the space realm follows different laws and patterns, the realm of God is different on its own working system. On earth anything we throw up must surely come down, but it doesn't work like that in the space realm. In the earth and space realms everything that has a beginning must have and ending, but it doesn't work like that in the realm of God with an entirely different working system.
Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by onetrack(m): 9:01pm On Sep 29, 2016
Ontarget:

Just as the earthly realm and the space realm follows different laws and patterns, the realm of God is different on its own working system. On earth anything we throw up must surely come down, but it doesn't work like that in the space realm. In the earth and space realms everything that has a beginning must have and ending, but it doesn't work like that in the realm of God with an entirely different working system.

Do you have any evidence that we can examine or test scientifically? This is quite a claim you are making.

1 Like

Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by Nobody: 9:02pm On Sep 29, 2016
Smallville10:
Ontarget, if u are an athiest then u are d most intelligent and understanding athiests on nairaland but if not, still weldone, i love what u asked
Jusst watch, they will trooping here to ask u stupid questions and ignore urs
I am not an atheist but I don't subscribe to a lot of religious teachings.
Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by Nobody: 9:15pm On Sep 29, 2016
onetrack:

Do you have any evidence that we can examine or test scientifically? This is quite a claim you are making.
The evidence is around you. Everything does not exist in the same state and behave in the same way all following a universal law. Things exists in different realms.

1 Like

Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by onetrack(m): 9:52pm On Sep 29, 2016
Ontarget:

The evidence is around you. Everything does not exist in the same state and behave in the same way all following a universal law. Things exists in different realms.

And you can show me these other realm and the god that dwells within?
Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by taurus25(m): 10:06pm On Sep 29, 2016
Ontarget:

The earth is somewhere we know for sure, gravity as you said is some we feel every day of our lives. But your god realm appears to be problematic...why?.

you know of this god realm by strictly your beliefs or by sufficient evidence(subjective). You cannot just say a god exists outside of space time...how exactly do you know this?

1 Like

Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by adoyi8: 10:40pm On Sep 29, 2016
winner01:

You make too much asumptions and am sorry to tell you that your "God is not dead" logic is wrong.
Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by Seun(m): 10:46pm On Sep 29, 2016
Ontarget:
Some atheists became atheists because they read the Bible and spotted some loop holes in it. Most times they cite those biblical passages and mock christians with it. The Bible certainly contains things that doesn't add up, especially the account of creation.
I'm happy that you admit that there are things in the bible that are not true. How do you determine which parts are true? Are you a deist?

But that shouldn't be the ultimate reason which decides the existence or inexistence of a supreme being.
If you believe in the existence of God because of the bible, then it makes sense to drop your faith in God along with your faith in the bible.

When an atheist is challenged using the Bible he scores points, but when he is challenged using the physics and metaphysics of things in existence he struggles to prove their is no God.
Actually, atheists don't have to prove there is no God, just as you don't have to prove that there is no Santa Claus in the north pole who delivers christmas gifts to children, or that Voltron, the defender of the universe, doesn't exist. The burden of proof is on the believer. If you were minding your business, and I approached you and told you about the alien who lives in my wardrobe, the burden of proof would be on me.

The same intelligent scientists whose theories are responsible for all the comforts we enjoy in the modern world, have told us that there is overwhelming evidence (fossils, DNA, embryology) supporting the theory that all the complex life on earth today evolved from simple life forms over a long period of time under the guidance of natural selection or the survival of the fittest. Nobody really knows how the first simple life forms emerged, but once they emerged, their struggle for survival in a harsh environment pushed them to become more and more complex and diversified. The complexity of nature didn't emerge without guidance, but the guidance was done by a natural selection process. Close to 100% of scientists accept the theory of evolution. All efforts to disprove it scientifically since 1859, have failed. It makes no sense to reject it.

However, you should know that atheism doesn't rest on evolution. There were atheists in the world even before the theory of evolution was discovered. Even if we didn't know how living creatures evolved, that wouldn't necessarily mean they were created by a God. We human beings have always made up stories to explain the things we don't understand. Some of those stories have resonated so well that they have grown into repressive social constructs that we are willing to commit atrocities for. Now that we have science, we don't need to do that anymore.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by KvnqPrezo(m): 11:09pm On Sep 29, 2016
I hate seeing rubbish talks!!(sorry to say)
There are something's we don't know and cannot change (it's better we live it as it is)
Everybody believes on whatever he/she likes...
Saying there are something in the bible that are not true I'll totally disagree because those things exist long time before we were born..
The existence of God is completely a misery and in the bible it's stated that "God Can't Lie" please everyone some be sure before concluding ..
Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by DoctorAlien(m): 11:22pm On Sep 29, 2016
"The same intelligent scientists whose theories are responsible for all the comforts we enjoy in the modern world, have told us..." -Argumentum ad verecundiam. This is a fallacy.

Actually, scientists have come to agree that Natural Selection cannot be the driving force behind evolution. This is because the driving force behind Natural Selection has to be mutation, and all known (albeit very rare) cases of mutation have proved fatal and destructive to the mutant individual. Thus, mutation brings extermination instead of development in species.

Maybe y'all atheists need to read more and think with your head and for yourselves, and stop committing the fallacy of appeal to authority/accomplishment.

2 Likes

Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by raphieMontella: 8:33am On Sep 30, 2016
Ontarget:

how can you be equating the effect of gravity to ''realms'' ?
How does it sound to you?
Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by raphieMontella: 8:34am On Sep 30, 2016
DoctorAlien:
"The same intelligent scientists whose theories are responsible for all the comforts we enjoy in the modern world, have told us..." -Argumentum ad verecundiam. This is a fallacy.

Actually, scientists have come to agree that Natural Selection cannot be the driving force behind evolution. This is because the driving force behind Natural Selection has to be mutation, and all known (albeit very rare) cases of mutation have proved fatal and destructive to the mutant individual. Thus, mutation brings extermination instead of development in species.

Maybe y'all atheists need to read more and think with your head and for yourselves, and stop committing the fallacy of appeal to authority/accomplishment.
funny!
Heard of game theory?
Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by Seun(m): 8:45am On Sep 30, 2016
DoctorAlien:
Many people don't have the time to study evolution in depth. For such people, it makes sense to simply accept it because scientists accept it.

KvnqPrezo:
Saying there are something in the bible that are not true I'll totally disagree because those things exist long time before we were born..

The existence of God is completely a misery and in the bible it's stated that "God Can't Lie" please everyone some be sure before concluding ..
Please read this blog post for some enlightenment: https://rarebible./2009/12/06/false-prophecies-of-jesus/ sad
Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by DoctorAlien(m): 8:48am On Sep 30, 2016
raphieMontella:
funny! Heard of game theory?
Yes. What does it have to contribute to the topic?
Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by DoctorAlien(m): 8:54am On Sep 30, 2016
Seun:

Many people don't have the time to study evolution in depth. For such people, it makes sense to simply accept it because scientists accept it.

Who are scientists? People who can't lie? Evolution looks more like a cooked-up fairytale than a science theory.

Maybe it's about time you started reading for yourself and stopped believing "scientists." To swallow everything they feed you hook, line and sinker is simply being credulous.

It may interest you to know that scientists are seriously divided over evolution. So, who are you those you call "scientists"?

1 Like

Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by DoctorAlien(m): 9:01am On Sep 30, 2016
Seun,

The link you provided, with the post in it is very funny. The link is supposedly talking about the "failed" prophecies of Jesus.

I laugh at the ignorance and credulity you displayed by bringing up that post. You do not know Bible prophecies, neither does the site owner. I don't blame you, anyway. Reading the Bible with a prejudiced mind makes it look as if there are contradictions in the Bible. Jesus correctly predicted the destruction of Jerusalem, but also interwoven into that prophecy is the last day events - I mean things happening right now around you.

It seems that for you, anything against Christianity is true. LOL. Study to show yourself approved. I'll help you, to the best of my ability, with any thing you don't understand in the Bible.
Re: The Wrong Way To Be An Atheist by Nobody: 9:15am On Sep 30, 2016
Seun:

I'm happy that you admit that there are things in the bible that are not true. How do you determine which parts are true? Are you a deist?

If you believe in the existence of God because of the bible, then it makes sense to drop your faith in God along with your faith in the bible.

Actually, atheists don't have to prove there is no God, just as you don't have to prove that there is no Santa Claus in the north pole who delivers christmas gifts to children, or that Voltron, the defender of the universe, doesn't exist. The burden of proof is on the believer. If you were minding your business, and I approached you and told you about the alien who lives in my wardrobe, the burden of proof would be on me.

The same intelligent scientists whose theories are responsible for all the comforts we enjoy in the modern world, have told us that there is overwhelming evidence (fossils, DNA, embryology) supporting the theory that all the complex life on earth today evolved from simple life forms over a long period of time under the guidance of natural selection or the survival of the fittest. Nobody really knows how the first simple life forms emerged, but once they emerged, their struggle for survival in a harsh environment pushed them to become more and more complex and diversified. The complexity of nature didn't emerge without guidance, but the guidance was done by a natural selection process. Close to 100% of scientists accept the theory of evolution. All efforts to disprove it scientifically since 1859, have failed. It makes no sense to reject it.

However, you should know that atheism doesn't rest on evolution. There were atheists in the world even before the theory of evolution was discovered. Even if we didn't know how living creatures evolved, that wouldn't necessarily mean they were created by a God. We human beings have always made up stories to explain the things we don't understand. Some of those stories have resonated so well that they have grown into repressive social constructs that we are willing to commit atrocities for. Now that we have science, we don't need to do that anymore.
I really laughed at the part in bold. So you chose to believe that the first simple life emerged from nowhere and formed every other thing while you still refused to believe that a God emerged from nowhere and created everything? What's the difference between the two? grin
Do you think you are making any sense here? grin
What makes you think a God isn't behind the natural selection of species and evolution cos I am still wondering how a farming hoe can blindly evolve to a tractor through "natural selection" without any intelligence guiding the transformation.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Is Repentance Without Restitution Enough? / Where Was My Spirit/soul When I Lost Consciousness? / Atheist @ A Church Wedding!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.