Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,509 members, 7,808,863 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:13 PM

We Perform Surgeries With Torch Lights - Doctors - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / We Perform Surgeries With Torch Lights - Doctors (5805 Views)

'We Perform Surgeries With Torchlights&Lamps In Univ. Teaching Hospital'-Doctors / Anambra Hospital Performs 5 Open Heart Surgeries (Photo) / We Perform Surgeries With Torch - Nigerian Doctors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Perform Surgeries With Torch Lights - Doctors by bracelet: 8:47am On Oct 15, 2009
THE decay in the Nigerian health sector occasioned by the deplorable state of infrastructure was brought to the fore in Lagos, on Wednesday, when the chairman of the Nigerian Medical Association (NMA), Lagos State chapter, Dr. Adedamola Dada, disclosed to the amazement of the audience, that doctors had been performing surgeries using torch and administering drugs with the aid of telephone handsets.

The occasion was a symposium organised by the Lagos NMA, as part of activities to mark the 2009 Physicians’ Week. Dada, who lamented the working conditions of doctors in the country, said they were being confronted daily with problems of caring for the patients in difficult conditions, adding that emergency cases were handled with suctioning machines that were not functional due to blackout.

“I can boast that you can hardly find a practicing surgeon in Nigeria who has not operated a patient using torch as source of illumination,” he added.

UNBELIEVABLE shocked shocked shocked

http://www.tribune.com.ng/15102009/news/news14.html
Re: We Perform Surgeries With Torch Lights - Doctors by tunyus(m): 12:24pm On Oct 15, 2009
NIGERIA JAGA JAGA
EVERYTHING SCATTER SCATTER
POOR MAN DEY SUFFER SUFFER
GBOSA GBOSA
Re: We Perform Surgeries With Torch Lights - Doctors by holotee(m): 12:25pm On Oct 15, 2009
ARE U KIDDIN ME Performing surgries with torch !!! God have mercy , shocked shocked shocked
Re: We Perform Surgeries With Torch Lights - Doctors by unclebros: 12:38pm On Oct 15, 2009
This is an improvement, we bless God
it used to be candle and lantern before the price of kerozine went up and candle waxes now burn faster.
Thank God the abokis selling batteries have not increased the prices
We are improving!
More grease to your elbows docs!
At least the 16billion dollars Obas spent for 8yrs in the power sector has taken us from candle to torch in surgery room
Re: We Perform Surgeries With Torch Lights - Doctors by POSAKOSA1(m): 12:38pm On Oct 15, 2009
dem no get generators ni ? na wa ooh.  shocked shocked shocked shocked       wetin Nigeria never see.
Re: We Perform Surgeries With Torch Lights - Doctors by okeey(m): 12:41pm On Oct 15, 2009
oh my God,are u telling the truth,i believe so coz naija can do it
Re: We Perform Surgeries With Torch Lights - Doctors by saydfact(m): 12:43pm On Oct 15, 2009
The white man invented surgery with surgical lights, we 9ja-rian re-invented it using the 8-bulb to 16 bulb, halogen touches, (the common ones sold in our traffic-jams around Lagos, Gboza.   lipsrsealed kiss lipsrsealed

ok, make we talk tru if na white man do am, dem go put am 4 guineas book of world records, [size=8pt][size=8pt]ABI I LIE?[/size][/size]
Re: We Perform Surgeries With Torch Lights - Doctors by chic2pimp(m): 12:47pm On Oct 15, 2009
tunyus:

NIGERIA JAGA JAGA
EVERYTHING SCATTER SCATTER
POOR MAN DEY SUFFER SUFFER
GBOSA GBOSA

GUN SHOTS IN THE AIR
Re: We Perform Surgeries With Torch Lights - Doctors by oladayo042: 12:50pm On Oct 15, 2009
I CAN BELIEVE THIS. TORCH LIGHT HABA
Re: We Perform Surgeries With Torch Lights - Doctors by ZUBBYNWA(m): 12:52pm On Oct 15, 2009
Abeg, i don't kown if this one na joke, what of if the torch just go down or off during the proces.

may God bless our leaders Amen
Re: We Perform Surgeries With Torch Lights - Doctors by fuke(m): 12:55pm On Oct 15, 2009
Yes, it is true. I have witnessed where 2 young doctors saved the life of a young woman
   involved in an accident using a  torchlight and lantern. They were looking for a nerve around
  the ankle and they shaved her head  in the process. It was that night I knew the shape of a
  womans head is not different from the mans, minus the hairs, that is.

With all these limitations in the country I give kudos to the Nigerian doctor. Iwill surely give
    my chair to a doctor on his feet no matter his age.
Re: We Perform Surgeries With Torch Lights - Doctors by Utaroz(m): 12:58pm On Oct 15, 2009
Nigerian Doctors are miracle workers. They operate under war-zone working conditions.
Why do you think your rulers seek medical attention abroad?

You are shocked that they use torch light for surgery?

Sometimes the scalpels are sharpened by scraping it against a stone and surgical gloves are washed, dried and re-used!
No be joke'o! grin grin grin
Re: We Perform Surgeries With Torch Lights - Doctors by agitator: 1:00pm On Oct 15, 2009
and people still complain that we are not Ingenious .

At least at 49yrs we have acheived a lot.
Re: We Perform Surgeries With Torch Lights - Doctors by Epiphany(m): 1:07pm On Oct 15, 2009
Gaddemit. I sincerely hope that none of us will EVER HAVE ANY REASON TO VISIT THOSE HOSPITALS FOR A SURGERY
Re: We Perform Surgeries With Torch Lights - Doctors by MUZBO(m): 1:09pm On Oct 15, 2009
Torch?! As long as it is not that olympic torch type then tell me something that I don't already know!
Re: We Perform Surgeries With Torch Lights - Doctors by carnal: 1:13pm On Oct 15, 2009
I respect doctors in nigeria,because if u visit the hospitals and see what our doctors are going through then you will hv no reasons than hail them.
Re: We Perform Surgeries With Torch Lights - Doctors by skfa1: 1:14pm On Oct 15, 2009
chic2pimp:

GUN SHOTS IN THE AIR

Kosa Kosa Kosa
Re: We Perform Surgeries With Torch Lights - Doctors by Ajike: 1:25pm On Oct 15, 2009
Jesus Christ of Nazereth! can u say dat again GOSH! we have finish in this country, walahi, toch light, surgery! Pls outsider must not hear this
Re: We Perform Surgeries With Torch Lights - Doctors by OvieE: 1:27pm On Oct 15, 2009
How do those people they cut open survive. No Wonder the death rate is staggering. God have mercy. No wonder the death president always go to another country for treatment. Pathetic.
Re: We Perform Surgeries With Torch Lights - Doctors by otukpo(f): 1:36pm On Oct 15, 2009
wonders shall never end!
Re: We Perform Surgeries With Torch Lights - Doctors by madamL(f): 1:38pm On Oct 15, 2009
No wonder I have been relying more on prayers to survive every illness! Torch ke? What of the gen set?
Re: We Perform Surgeries With Torch Lights - Doctors by Nezan(m): 1:44pm On Oct 15, 2009
^ Dont mind them, they will never ask for light to be provided, when next you hear they are on strike, it will be to demand for higher pay only . . what a selfish bunch.

1 Like

Re: We Perform Surgeries With Torch Lights - Doctors by POSAKOSA1(m): 1:46pm On Oct 15, 2009
skfa1:

Kosa Kosa Kosa

Wetin consign kosa for this one na ? angry angry angry angry
Re: We Perform Surgeries With Torch Lights - Doctors by tamme: 1:48pm On Oct 15, 2009
;d
Re: We Perform Surgeries With Torch Lights - Doctors by Utaroz(m): 1:49pm On Oct 15, 2009
Nezan:

^ Dont mind them, they will never ask for light to be provided, when next you hear they are on strike, it will be to demand for higher pay only . . what a selfish bunch.

Easy with the barbs brother. Doctors are not well paid in Nigeria. Except ofcourse, if you are a consultant.
Re: We Perform Surgeries With Torch Lights - Doctors by missmanue: 2:05pm On Oct 15, 2009
Doctors:suck it! Naija get issues, our mouth no fit talk all
Re: We Perform Surgeries With Torch Lights - Doctors by ojesymsym: 2:10pm On Oct 15, 2009
Is it not the government's responsibility to provide light? what of the doctor says u have to wait for NEPA to bring light before he operates?
Re: We Perform Surgeries With Torch Lights - Doctors by chelseabmw(m): 2:19pm On Oct 15, 2009
This country when we dey so,is our own, this street wen u dey see so,is our own, style style

Naija for u, Very soon na candle doctors go they use
Re: We Perform Surgeries With Torch Lights - Doctors by dancewith: 2:30pm On Oct 15, 2009
Whats the big deal with that? What about the numerous D&C performed by drug dispensers porpularly called 'chemists' in the dark walls of their shops? Move over, any better news?
Re: We Perform Surgeries With Torch Lights - Doctors by Kratos007(m): 2:35pm On Oct 15, 2009
Nezan:

young man, you must either be a stark illiterate or a consumate ass. if you have nothing better to say about doctors in nigeria, i suggest you go chew on some gum or crawl back into whatever hole you came from. what light to be provided? by whom? do you know what it takes to become a doctor? do you have any idea of the stress involved, the intense reading, obscene hours of work and the killing schedules doctors have to keep? come to think of it, why dont you take a trip one night to a casualty room, an accident and emergency unit or a labour ward and see what medical doctors and nurses go through. do you know how difficult it is to break the news to a deceased patient's loved ones? it is an open secret that hospitals in nigeria are grossly underfunded and understaffed. nigerian doctors working in the country do so under the most abhorrent of conditions with inadequate financial rewards, so if they want to agitate for more pay, it is well within their right. do not come here and talk rubbish on matters you know little or nothing about boy, and yes, i AM a doctor.
Re: We Perform Surgeries With Torch Lights - Doctors by bibiking1(m): 2:42pm On Oct 15, 2009
Ye are the light of the world!
I once read that a Doc left a surgical pincer in a patient's tummy!, ,,,,,,,,no light i guess!
The truth is we are set for the ultimate anarchy in this country
Re: We Perform Surgeries With Torch Lights - Doctors by Nobody: 2:52pm On Oct 15, 2009
Olorum ma je ka ri oran ile iwosan ni oruko Jesu

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

COVID-19 Update For July 1 2021 In Nigeria / Tips For Getting Pink Lips / FG Rebuilds 4000 Healthcare Centres, Earmarks N14b For Facilities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.