Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,761 members, 7,806,084 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:11 AM

Fuel Consumption On VW Multivan - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Fuel Consumption On VW Multivan (610 Views)

How Does One Calculate Fuel Consumption Based On Distance Covered By A Vehicle?? / My People, Does AC Affect Fuel Consumption Of A Car? / Photos: How To Calculate Fuel Consumption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Consumption On VW Multivan by pacino26(m): 1:07pm On Sep 29, 2016
Guys I've a VW Multivan 5cylinder engine and the driver keeps complaining of high fuel consumption. I am bent on changing the engine to i4 if I can't bring the fuel consumption down. It's newly imported and I only did the routine servicing including on the nozzles.

What more can I do pls.

Gazzuzz pls help.
Re: Fuel Consumption On VW Multivan by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:20pm On Sep 29, 2016
pacino26:

Guys I've a VW Multivan 5cylinder engine and the driver keeps complaining of high fuel consumption. I am bent on changing the engine to i4 if I can't bring the fuel consumption down. It's newly imported and I only did the routine servicing including on the nozzles.

What more can I do pls.

Gazzuzz pls help.

I'm not a fan of VW, but more detail is required on the description of the vehicle.

Meanwhile, if it is fuel injection, the normal rules will apply for good fuel economy.

1. Temp should hover between 90-98degrees

2. O2 sensors should be functional.

3. M.A.F (airflow meter) should give out accurate readings.

4. C.T.S (coolant temperature sensor) should be functional.

5. Wheels should be free to turn, and not held bay the braking system or by faulty bearings.

6. Aerodynamics should be factory standard. putting larger wheels in front of a car, or carrying walls on top the car will mess up the flow of wind, and your throttle angle will always be higher when driving trying to overcome wind resistance.

That's all I can remember for now, overall, take your vehicle to a mechanic that has modern day diagnostic equipment.

Good luck
Re: Fuel Consumption On VW Multivan by pacino26(m): 2:29pm On Sep 29, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

I'm not a fan of VW, but more detail is required on the description of the vehicle.

Meanwhile, if it is fuel injection, the normal rules will apply for good fuel economy.

1. Temp should hover between 90-98degrees

2. O2 sensors should be functional.

3. M.A.F (airflow meter) should give out accurate readings.

4. C.T.S (coolant temperature sensor) should be functional.

5. Wheels should be free to turn, and not held bay the braking system or by faulty bearings.

6. Aerodynamics should be factory standard. putting larger wheels in front of a car, or carrying walls on top the car will mess up the flow of wind, and your throttle angle will always be higher when driving trying to overcome wind resistance.

That's all I can remember for now, overall, take your vehicle to a mechanic that has modern day diagnostic equipment.

Good luck

A 1995-99 Volkswagen multivan. I can't agree with the custom document in the yr model.

Finished all documentation for an inter state travel. Temp is normal sir same as the wheels.

Re: Fuel Consumption On VW Multivan by Nobody: 1:35pm On Sep 30, 2016
Its normal, thats the down side of these vans, they re cheap to buy but costly to maintain, wait until you see the electrical gremlins.

A Mitsubishi L300 bus would have been better for you,

(1) (Reply)

My Honda Civic Overheats....pls Help!!! / Car Trouble After Driving For 1hr. Please Help / What Emergency Kit Do U Keep To Prevent Being Stranded?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.