Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,316 members, 7,780,769 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:37 PM

A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities (49333 Views)

Why Many Nigerian Private Universities May Go Extinct In The Next Decade / If You Study These Courses In Any Of These Universities,You Are On Your Own-NUC / 11 Facts About Engineering In Uniben And Other Universities!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by Eleniyan15: 8:50pm On Sep 29, 2016
michaelonorode:

Lion dey talk dog dey bark na unilag u want call....lasu dat advance primary school ogbeni call beta school joor

really!!!!!!!

smh

won't talk about this will just passby buh who 2:1 and 2:2 EPP

#owonikoko

4 Likes

Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by Engineermbugame(m): 8:55pm On Sep 29, 2016
ammyluv2002:
Nnamdi Azikiwe University suffer me no be small...As in, I see pepper all through in that school undecided embarassed
lol same wit my elder brother .well he will going service by november.
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by adexdon(m): 9:09pm On Sep 29, 2016
[quote author=fineyemi post=49777359]You didn't include Osun State University and Olabisi Onabanjo University. Making First Class in a state University is more difficult in Federal University.[/quo

i tnk u av ur own point
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by PrinceofPeace17(m): 9:41pm On Sep 29, 2016
Well based on statistics LASU has the lowest number of first class students from last yr's convocation. So i feel LASU should be dere.

1 Like

Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by hardbody: 9:55pm On Sep 29, 2016
abayomi93:
Oga 2.2 is 2.2!!! All these things ur saying here does not hold water. A fact is a fact. Once d requirement for a job is 2.1,it does not matter if it's from a village university u had ur 2.1,you are qualified.that is the fact.

I beg to disagree. I recently employed a 2.1 from a state university in the east. I am still basically teaching her simple contract law. Good thing is she admitted that she brought nothing from that school. Her humility and desire to learn made me retain her

6 Likes

Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by hilda90(f): 10:11pm On Sep 29, 2016
Lol.my school is among d ones listed.I graduated from Nnamdi Azikiwe university with 2:1 and I know a lot of people during my time that made 2:1.maybe it depends on d department. My major was computer science.
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by xenoo(m): 10:22pm On Sep 29, 2016
2.1 and 2.2 no be mate. once ur university has been approved n courses accredited dats all dat matters. Op is childish and made a bad 2.2. beta go for ur masters n if u like still made 2.2 again.

1 Like

Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by phabulous88(m): 10:28pm On Sep 29, 2016
ammyluv2002:
Nnamdi Azikiwe University suffer me no be small...As in, I see pepper all through in that school undecided embarassed

undecided

1 Like

Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by ammyluv2002(f): 10:46pm On Sep 29, 2016
phabulous88:

Hehe. Temp site or perm site? Ifite or aroma? grin
Lol! Perm site o cry
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by phabulous88(m): 10:55pm On Sep 29, 2016
ammyluv2002:
Lol! Perm site o cry
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by phabulous88(m): 10:57pm On Sep 29, 2016
hilda90:
Lol.my school is among d ones listed.I graduated from Nnamdi Azikiwe university with 2:1 and I know a lot of people during my time that made 2:1.maybe it depends on d department. My major was computer science.

Its quite easy to make a 2.1 in computer science tongue
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by JohnieWalker(m): 11:57pm On Sep 29, 2016
All my youths think of is a paper signed by a dying old gray haired professor with the hope of getting a 8-6 job where they will be helping somebody who has discovered that certificate are useless but sabificate is key to achieve his life dreams...An employee can neva be greater than the employer. Employee dont fly private jets, employers do#word

10 Likes

Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by DONADAMS(m): 12:35am On Sep 30, 2016
So no abubakar tafawa balewa university... Issokay!
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by Morhziez(m): 12:57am On Sep 30, 2016
Ok ooo
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by Elxandre(m): 3:36am On Sep 30, 2016
All these lists borne out of superiority complex and sheer stupidity.

4 Likes

Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by oluwashedy: 5:08am On Sep 30, 2016
OP the list is incomplete,you didn't add Federal University Lafia, Nasarawa state. OMG! I'm still schooling there buh its hell
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by fyneboi79(m): 5:50am On Sep 30, 2016
SuperSuave:
OK. tell that to your employer
aswear! You have said it all.
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by fyneboi79(m): 5:56am On Sep 30, 2016
hardbody:

I beg to disagree. I recently employed a 2.1 from a state university in the east. I am still basically teaching her simple contract law. Good thing is she admitted that she brought nothing from that school. Her humility and desire to learn made me retain her
ESUT I guess

1 Like

Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by OBAFEMIawolowo: 6:30am On Sep 30, 2016
If you all have been in the labour market, you will see a 2.2 from some schools performing better than 2.1 from others. I'm currently managing I.T students from various universities studying biochemistry, the difference is clear. I have been doing this for few years now and I can authoritatively tell you that the schools listed up there have better standard than other Nigerian universities, their products are better blended.
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by OBAFEMIawolowo: 6:37am On Sep 30, 2016
fyneboi79:
ESUT I guess
in the east, its just like comparing ESUT with UNN, IMSU with FUTO, ABSU with MOUAU and ANSU with UNIZIK, the later all have better standard of education.
If you get a 2:1 in absu, Ebsu, ESUT and imsu, you may not be able to stand a 2:2 from UNN, UNIZIK, MOUAU and FUTO when intellectual debate are down on various fields of study.

Also in the west, UI, UNILAG and OAU are more standard than OOU, LAUTECH or LASU. For the private schools, they are trying
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by paulmarkino: 6:58am On Sep 30, 2016
We are here checking university degree value when non of Nigerian University is been ranked in the first 5000 university in the whole world. Facebook owner is a dropout but he has made the difference in the society. Nigerian graduates can't make any difference.

3 Likes

Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by Moblord(m): 7:10am On Sep 30, 2016
Where is ATBU Bauchi
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by monlawal(m): 8:09am On Sep 30, 2016
If to say una no mention the University of Uyo, I would have rendered this list invalid, null and void without any iota of truth
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by abayomi93(m): 8:24am On Sep 30, 2016
monlawal:
If to say una no mention the University of Uyo, I would have rendered this list invalid, null and void without any iota of truth
yeah uni uyo seff get craze oh.I had a friend who was given a D in a final year course,that made him graduate with a 4.49 Cgpa.the guy just laughed,because he knows he is a 1st class material.

4 Likes

Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by monlawal(m): 8:27am On Sep 30, 2016
abayomi93:
yeah uni uyo seff get craze oh.I had a friend who was given a D in a final year course,that made him graduate with a 4.49 Cgpa.the guy just laughed,because he knows he is a 1st class material.
Eiyah.... Na One jealous Lecturer want spoil show for am..... In my department we have a lot of them dat would just give you an E without twitching their eyelids

1 Like

Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by tosyne2much(m): 8:56am On Sep 30, 2016
abeloureal:
Should education be appraised on the strictness involved before the reward or the quality of the education?
So tell me, a third class in Harvard is equal to what in the above universities.??
So u think a PhD program that lasted 8years is strictness (one of my lecturers ordeal) or stupidity and mediocrity.
I hate people saying this poo. Upon the whole wahala we put ourselves now....Nigerian universities for Africa is nothing but rubbish.. You better stop this rubbish comparisons because every student has their own story to tell. A university is only better than the other by qualitative education and pragmatic approach to human problems not outright wickedness that u call strictness.
May God enlarge your coast bro

3 Likes

Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by akinyemire(m): 9:25am On Sep 30, 2016
I hope u were here few months ago when almost all nigerians that graduated from foreign universities came home with first class.ur first class can barely compete with their third class down here talk not of otherwise.black will always be black as we are the problem we have.here is where you will see a lecturer claiming with pride that no student will have an A in the course he takes and he will makeshure of thar all in the name of being strict.
Where a 2-1 is the minimum requirement my brother them no go exempt UI.

3 Likes

Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by tosyne2much(m): 9:44am On Sep 30, 2016
Should this be a discussion when a lot of graduates are wallowing in joblessness and can't even boast of 5,000 a month ? This unnecessary boost of morale will only aggravate poverty and joblessness in one's life.

What will it profit you if you graduate from Unilag with your shoulders high and can't affect your generation?

8 Likes

Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by martineinstein(m): 10:59am On Sep 30, 2016
op,stop trying to give urself hope....in nigeria system, a person with 2-1 from lowly ranked uni will ranked above another with 2-2 in uibaban

1 Like

Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by amparas(m): 10:59am On Sep 30, 2016
We Nigerians just like to d hype our self.
Re: A 2:2 In These Universities May Equal 2:1 Or First Class Of Other Universities by vikkeee(m): 11:00am On Sep 30, 2016
whether u agree or not.....its the truth!! . Proud lion

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pupils On Excursion In A Canoe Without Life Jackets (Photos) / Aker Nguyilan: Jambite Dies In Car Accident While Travelling To Write JAMB Exams / 10 Countries With The Highest Number Of Universities In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.