Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:34 AM

Custom Officers Open Fire On 4 Residents While Chasing Smugglers....photos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Custom Officers Open Fire On 4 Residents While Chasing Smugglers....photos (493 Views)

N51M Range Rover SUV Abandoned By Smugglers In Ogun (Photos) / Rice Smugglers Caught By Customs In Ogun, Rice Concealed In Boots, Engine / N37m Goods Seized In Ogun By Customs From Smugglers (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Custom Officers Open Fire On 4 Residents While Chasing Smugglers....photos by jwobiz555: 4:14pm On Sep 29, 2016
Customs officers have allegedly opened fire on some residents at Sycamore Junction, Ajara Topa area of Badagry, Lagos state.
It was gathered that stray bullets fired by the officers, who were attached to the federal operations unit, hit the four people that included a motorcycle rider, Alayoade Arewayo and one John Sonayo.
Arewayo survived and was rushed to a private hospital in Badagry, while Sonayo was said to have died in transit from the Badagry General Hospital to the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, Ikeja.

The other two, whose names could not be ascertained at press time, were reportedly taken to a hospital in Cotonou, Benin Republic.
Punch reports that immediately the incident happened, the customs officers fled the scene. The customs officer then got reinforcements from a military barracks in the area to forestall a mob attack.
Arewayo, who sustained a gunshot injury in the leg, said he was returning from a church programme around 7.30pm on Saturday when he was hit by a stray bullet.
He said: “I had a crusade programme at Marina, Ebute area on that day. I had left the place for home when it started raining. I decided to call at a shop to buy noodles that I would take in the night.

”I had hardly dropped off my motorcycle, when I started hearing sporadic gunshots; people were running helter-skelter. I thought it was armed robbery. The people I wanted to buy noodles from had also taken to their heels.
”As I fled for dear life, I was hit by a bullet in the leg. I fell and was assisted to a hospital by my friend that was with me. It was later I was told that four people were shot and one person later died.”
It was learned that the customs officers neither went to the community in their operational vehicle nor wore their uniforms as they were led by one Jude.
A resident of the community, David Taiwo said he reported the incident at the Badagry police division about 8.30pm. Taiwo added that the divisional police officer assigned a policeman to visit the scene of the shooting.............Please Read full details and see pictures at source..........http://joshuawobilor..com.ng/2016/09/custom-officers-open-fire-on-4.html

(1) (Reply)

Man In Abia Electrocuted During Church Service / Another Nigerian To EXECUTED In Singapore On November 18 / Please Help A Nairaland Brother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.