Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,256 members, 7,807,883 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:30 PM

Most Pressing Things I Will Do As A President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Most Pressing Things I Will Do As A President (417 Views)

Buhari: A President Too Good For Us- Ebenezer Olorunfemi / For How Long Can Nigeria Wait For A President Who Is Incapacitated?- Ayo Fayose / Top 3 Things I Will Fix Before Leaving Office - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Most Pressing Things I Will Do As A President by Nobody: 4:27pm On Sep 29, 2016
We are the leaders of tomorrow, they say, but what we see in Nigeria is quite different. Politicians use us to get to office, forget us and remember us in 4 years time. Then what have we learnt from the leaders of today? We the youth need to revamp this nation because the real power lies in us if we work together peacefully.
During our primary school days, some of us had the dream of ruling Nigeria, which I didn't join you guys. Do we still have that dream now? it ain't late. We just need to identify what the problems are and think of solutions, and in your own little way, act on the solution.
Nigerians are natural hustlers: with the hardship, we try our best to manage the little we get. Our leaders don't need to change everything completely but if certain sectors are improved, it will save us more stress of eating our daily bread. I don't have plans to become the President someday but if God willing, these are what I will do briefly;
1. Make sure there is constant power supply for businesses to run;

2. The roads, particularly major routes are tarred and maintain for easy transportation of goods and services;

3. There should be a steady water supply in each settlement;

4. Apart from NYSC, every youth (both graduate or not) should have undergo a training and have a certificate on any entrepreneurship skill, computer training, and sporting activity. e.g hair dressing and hockey. This could be done in schools or various centres;

5. No private university school fees should exceed N400k;

6. Revamp the steel company in Ajaokuta either by selling it or taking a loan. This will enable us produce cars in years to come;

7. Search and negotiate with large scale farmers in Nigeria to supply food to the nation and encourage more people into farming. Like the rice, cocoa, egg plant farm I saw in Nassarawa, Kaduna, and Abuja;

8. Sign TSA into law but allow easy access to fund;

9. Encouraging the youth by appointing a youth as minister of youth and sport, Environment, Trade and Investment, Labour, Science and Technology and some other post of an SSA;

10. Establish medical facilities and strong security agencies all round Nigeria;

11. Give monthly report and progress of situations in the country;

12. Automatic employment for the best graduating student in any sector of choice.

13. Host a monthly youth seminar that will lecture the youths on leadership and giving them the floor to express their ideas towards the betterment of Nigeria.

My list for now.....Lol.... Comment or condemn me for any of the above...... and please freely add yours
Re: Most Pressing Things I Will Do As A President by tollyboy5(m): 4:30pm On Sep 29, 2016
i expect the youth to take over government from this old men and build a nation with advance technology

1 Like

Re: Most Pressing Things I Will Do As A President by Nobody: 8:59pm On Sep 29, 2016
tollyboy5:
i expect the youth to take over government from this old men and build a nation with advance technology

We will but the question is are we ready to put our interest aside and work towards a better Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

Wike Re-assembled, Re-armed And Groomed Perpetrators Of Insecurity – APC Alleges / I Won’t Disqualify Myself From Your Trial — CCT Boss Dismisses Saraki’s Motion / JCI,NHRC Reports: What Is FG Waiting For?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.