Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,418 members, 7,781,212 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:44 AM

Mother Of 3 Jailed For Keeping 12-yr-old Sister As Slave (photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Mother Of 3 Jailed For Keeping 12-yr-old Sister As Slave (photo) (29534 Views)

Lady Declares 11-Year-Old Sister Missing, But See What Caught People's Attention / Mother Of 5 Collects Money From Men To Sleep With 12-yr-old Daughter (photos) / My Father, His Mistress’ Son Take Turns To Rape Me – 12-yr-old Girl (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mother Of 3 Jailed For Keeping 12-yr-old Sister As Slave (photo) by dre11(m): 6:13pm On Sep 29, 2016
A mother of three who used her own half-sister as her slave after promising to train her in school has been sentenced to two in prison.

A middle-aged woman, Glory Abang, has been sentenced to two years in prison for allegedly keeping her 12-year-old half-sister as her slave while exploiting and exposing her » to psychological for many years.

The sentence was handed down to the Akwa Ibom State-born Abang by a Federal High Court sitting in Minna, the capital of Niger State, on Tuesday, September 27, 2016, after she was arraigned by the National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons (NAPTIP).

The NAPTIP prosecutor had earlier told the President of the court, Hon. Justice Y. Bogoro , that Abang had engaged the girl child in activities that were exploitative, injurious or hazardous to her physical, social and psychological development.

Abang, a resident of Chief Palace, Goram, was arrested by the NAPTIP officials in July 2015, following a tip-off by her neighbours on the ill treatment she was meting out to her sister.

Upon investigation, it was discovered that Abang had taken the girl from her hometown with the promise of sending her to school but instead of doing as she had promised her parents, she turned her into her slave.

She was discovered not to have enrolled the girl in any school but rather engaged her in activities that were exploitative, including sleeping in a Poultry facility at her residence which is exploitative and hazardous to the child’s psychological development.'

When Abang was arraigned in court on a one-count charge, she pleaded guilty but pleaded for leniency.

Delivering his judgment, Bogoro convicted the accused and sentenced her to two years imprisonment under section 23(1) (b) of the Trafficking in Persons (Prohibition) Enforcement and Administration Act, 2015 which says:
"Any person who employs, requires, recruits, transports, harbours, receives or hires out a child to do any work that is exploitative, injurious or hazardous to the physical, social and psychological development of the child, commits an offence and is liable on conviction to imprisonment for a minimum term of 2 years but not exceeding 7 years without an option of fine."

http://opera.pulse.ng/gist/good-for-you-mother-of-3-jailed-for-keeping-12-yr-old-sister-as-slave-id5548089.html

Re: Mother Of 3 Jailed For Keeping 12-yr-old Sister As Slave (photo) by madridguy(m): 6:14pm On Sep 29, 2016
Good judgment. See her face like Ayamantaga.

52 Likes

Re: Mother Of 3 Jailed For Keeping 12-yr-old Sister As Slave (photo) by Luckylife(m): 6:19pm On Sep 29, 2016
That serves her right! Some woman are heartless.

11 Likes

Re: Mother Of 3 Jailed For Keeping 12-yr-old Sister As Slave (photo) by MzPecs(f): 6:19pm On Sep 29, 2016
Some people are just naturally wicked and I wonder what they gain by being so wicked and heartless.

May God forgive her and I hope she learns her lesson after serving her jail term.

Those women in prison that have no joy, I pity her tho! Prison is not just a good experience at all.

10 Likes

Re: Mother Of 3 Jailed For Keeping 12-yr-old Sister As Slave (photo) by MzPecs(f): 6:28pm On Sep 29, 2016
nextprince:
These flat heads from the yeast sha, una no dey taya?
Don't tell me you've been programmed to always see any name that commits crime as someone from the east..

Or you can't read again?

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mother Of 3 Jailed For Keeping 12-yr-old Sister As Slave (photo) by nextprince: 6:36pm On Sep 29, 2016
MzPecs:

Don't tell me you've been programmed to always see any name that commits crime as someone from the east..

Or you can't read again?
Do I need to read when I'm 100% sure who the culprit is? It can't be different from usual na. The issue now is the increasing and worrisome rate at which these disgusting things occur in the yeast grin grin grin.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mother Of 3 Jailed For Keeping 12-yr-old Sister As Slave (photo) by MzPecs(f): 6:41pm On Sep 29, 2016
nextprince:

Do I need to read when I'm 100% sure who the culprit is? It can't be different from usual na. The issue now is the increasing and worrisome rate at which these disgusting things occur in the yeast grin grin grin.
I wonder why there's no age restriction on NL, it's really causing havoc here.

Just take a look at yourself, your parents will actually think you can read and recognise names and where they're from. cry cry

It is well with you my dear..

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mother Of 3 Jailed For Keeping 12-yr-old Sister As Slave (photo) by nextprince: 6:44pm On Sep 29, 2016
MzPecs:

I wonder why there's no age restriction on NL, it's really causing havoc here.

Just take a look at yourself, your parents will actually think you can read and recognise names and where they're from. cry cry

It is well with you my dear..
Who is ur dear? Do I in any way look like a flat headed yeastearner? Abeg face front

7 Likes

Re: Mother Of 3 Jailed For Keeping 12-yr-old Sister As Slave (photo) by MzPecs(f): 6:50pm On Sep 29, 2016
nextprince:

Who is ur dear? Do I in any way look like a flat headed yeastearner? Abeg face front
Lol cheesy
You really need Jesus

24 Likes

Re: Mother Of 3 Jailed For Keeping 12-yr-old Sister As Slave (photo) by nextprince: 6:52pm On Sep 29, 2016
MzPecs:

Lol cheesy
You really need Jesus
Hahahahahahahahaha, grin grin grin hahahahahahahahaha

3 Likes

Re: Mother Of 3 Jailed For Keeping 12-yr-old Sister As Slave (photo) by dayleke: 6:54pm On Sep 29, 2016
Did I just read that the poor girl was sleeping in a poultry facility?
Haba !!!!
That is wickedness o......

3 Likes

Re: Mother Of 3 Jailed For Keeping 12-yr-old Sister As Slave (photo) by hisgrace090: 7:27pm On Sep 29, 2016
So many wicked women with foolish men who can't caution them when they go wrong.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mother Of 3 Jailed For Keeping 12-yr-old Sister As Slave (photo) by MzMercie: 10:25pm On Sep 29, 2016
Good for her, she is too wicked
Re: Mother Of 3 Jailed For Keeping 12-yr-old Sister As Slave (photo) by luminouz(m): 10:34pm On Sep 29, 2016
madridguy:
Good judgment. See her face like Ayamantaga.
Ayamatanga? U don watch mount Zion film before! Not only d face...see red lips....for drinking blood.... Wicked female!

4 Likes

Re: Mother Of 3 Jailed For Keeping 12-yr-old Sister As Slave (photo) by martineinstein(m): 10:35pm On Sep 29, 2016
i dont think i can ever threat people's children d way i cant threat mine.

5 Likes

Re: Mother Of 3 Jailed For Keeping 12-yr-old Sister As Slave (photo) by oparaeke(m): 10:37pm On Sep 29, 2016
nextprince:
undecided
nextprince:

1 Like

Re: Mother Of 3 Jailed For Keeping 12-yr-old Sister As Slave (photo) by goshen26: 10:39pm On Sep 29, 2016
nextprince:
I'm not from the bEAST, but abang not an IBO name my brother...stop causing issue, I'm not in the mood to watch them descend on u

U hear?

4 Likes

Re: Mother Of 3 Jailed For Keeping 12-yr-old Sister As Slave (photo) by Primusinterpares(m): 10:40pm On Sep 29, 2016
The wickedness of women...part 1 season 1 episode 1

1 Like

Re: Mother Of 3 Jailed For Keeping 12-yr-old Sister As Slave (photo) by darocha1: 10:42pm On Sep 29, 2016
Worthy punishment
Re: Mother Of 3 Jailed For Keeping 12-yr-old Sister As Slave (photo) by ibroh22(m): 10:52pm On Sep 29, 2016
ok
Re: Mother Of 3 Jailed For Keeping 12-yr-old Sister As Slave (photo) by jollyjarkofgod: 10:53pm On Sep 29, 2016
There is one boy of 14 yearstaying wif her aunty in some where in ejigbo Lagos,always seeing this boy wif cut injuries on his head and body.. Sometimes strokes of Cain..... The boy actually came in to my shop today I asked him what'sup wif the head injuries.. Can't believe my eyes when he said is my aunty.. The aunty owns a Chemist shop everytime she wound this boy all she does is to apply this blue kind of ink wif blaster..this woman stature she dry to the borne like she have,HIV..i hate this woman from deep down my hrt... I feel for this boy... Some people are just wicked..2morrow I will get more info from this boy.. I might visit human right but I still dey think am.

12 Likes

Re: Mother Of 3 Jailed For Keeping 12-yr-old Sister As Slave (photo) by zurad1: 10:54pm On Sep 29, 2016
Very good judgement.
Re: Mother Of 3 Jailed For Keeping 12-yr-old Sister As Slave (photo) by Collins0609(m): 10:54pm On Sep 29, 2016
Wi.tch,i see them everywhere
Re: Mother Of 3 Jailed For Keeping 12-yr-old Sister As Slave (photo) by nenergy(m): 10:55pm On Sep 29, 2016
Her husband nko? IMT surprised no one is mentioning him. Doesn't he see the I'll treatment? He's culpable jare!

4 Likes

Re: Mother Of 3 Jailed For Keeping 12-yr-old Sister As Slave (photo) by yinkslinks(m): 10:58pm On Sep 29, 2016
woooow. now u wont have ur kids for two good years. evil woman. you are so lucky u are not from that country trump is trying to be president and where visa fee is N53,600. They would have taken ur kids away from you
dre11:

A mother of three who used her own half-sister as her slave after promising to train her in school has been sentenced to two in prison.

http://opera.pulse.ng/gist/good-for-you-mother-of-3-jailed-for-keeping-12-yr-old-sister-as-slave-id5548089.html

2 Likes

Re: Mother Of 3 Jailed For Keeping 12-yr-old Sister As Slave (photo) by Annalise(f): 10:59pm On Sep 29, 2016
Sleeping in poultry.. This is wickedness.
I believe Nigeria's major problem is overpopulation. Why would you have children you can not take care of? If you talk family planning, they will come up with ridiculous conspiracy theories. Where are the parents of this girl

4 Likes

Re: Mother Of 3 Jailed For Keeping 12-yr-old Sister As Slave (photo) by SycophanticGoat: 11:01pm On Sep 29, 2016
MzPecs:

Or you can't read again?

That guy is a br*in d*ad r*bot... You don't waste your time on him...

3 Likes

Re: Mother Of 3 Jailed For Keeping 12-yr-old Sister As Slave (photo) by Annalise(f): 11:01pm On Sep 29, 2016
jollyjarkofgod:
There is one boy of 14 yearstaying wif her aunty in some where in ejigbo Lagos,always seeing this boy wif cut injuries on his head and body.. Sometimes strokes of Cain..... The boy actually came in to my shop today I asked him what'sup wif the head injuries.. Can't believe my eyes when he said is my aunty.. The aunty owns a Chemist shop everytime she wound this boy all she does is to apply this blue kind of ink wif blaster..this woman stature she dry to the borne like she have,HIV..i hate this woman from deep down my hrt... I feel for this boy... Some people are just wicked..2morrow I will get more info from this boy.. I might visit human right but I still dey think am.

I think you should report this case asap. You might be saving a life.

12 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Arrest 50-Year-Old Woman For Killing Co-Wife In Bauchi (Photos) / Woman Accused Of Trying To Bury Charm In Another Person's Compound In Anambra / With N500, You Can Obtain Birth Certificate For A Non-existent Nigerian Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.