Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,992 members, 7,806,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:11 AM

Edo Election: Buhari Has Fulfilled His Promise For Free & Fair Election- Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Election: Buhari Has Fulfilled His Promise For Free & Fair Election- Amaechi (12489 Views)

Buhari Only Made 3 Promises And Has Fulfilled Them: Femi Adesina / Nigerians Blast Lai Mohammed For Saying Buhari has fulfilled campaign Promises / "One Meal A Day": The Only Promise Buhari Has Fulfilled - Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo Election: Buhari Has Fulfilled His Promise For Free & Fair Election- Amaechi by tinziemaine(m): 8:25pm On Sep 29, 2016
Edo election: Minister of Transportation, Mr Chibuike Amaechi, says outcome of Edo poll is a fulfilment of President Muhammadu Buhari`s promise of ensuring free, fair and credible elections in the country.

He stated this at the Rivers South-East Senatorial District rally of the All Progressives Congress (APC) on Thursday at Ngo in Andoni Local Government Area of the state.

Represented by Dr Dakuku Peterside, Director-General, Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA), Amaechi said that after the March 19 rerun elections in Rivers, he reminded Buhari of his promise to conduct free and fair elections in the country.

“I went to the president because there were more guns in hands of criminals than Permanent Voter Cards (PVCs) in hands of peaceful people during the March 19 legislative rerun elections.

“The president assured me that to signpost the fact that never again will electorate be held hostage by gunmen, watch out for Edo governorship election.

“If we have free, fair and credible election in Edo, then you take it that same will happen in Rivers, Buhari assured me,” he said.

Amaechi therefore said that with the peaceful conduct of the Edo election, Buhari had fulfilled his promise and Rivers people would reap from that pledge.

“In a peaceful atmosphere during elections, no South-South state will vote for opposition party. So, Rivers people will vote to be in the mainstream in the pending rerun elections.

“I want to assure Rivers people that there will be free and fair election and APC will come out victorious,” he said.

According to Amaechi, APC has the best candidates to represent Rivers effectively in the National and State assemblies.

“With APC members in the state assembly, the legislature will have its colour; Rivers people will have strong voice in the National Assembly,” he said.

www.vanguardngr.com/2016/09/edo-election-buhari-fulfilled-promise-free-fair-election-says-amaechi/

2 Likes

Re: Edo Election: Buhari Has Fulfilled His Promise For Free & Fair Election- Amaechi by Fowarding(m): 8:27pm On Sep 29, 2016
OKAY FTC

1 Like

Re: Edo Election: Buhari Has Fulfilled His Promise For Free & Fair Election- Amaechi by dunkem21(m): 8:29pm On Sep 29, 2016
OK, let me ask my people..

To agree with Amaechi that Buhari has fulfilled free and credible elections, . . Click *Like..

*Share to disagree with Amaechi

102 Likes 234 Shares

Re: Edo Election: Buhari Has Fulfilled His Promise For Free & Fair Election- Amaechi by Nobody: 8:29pm On Sep 29, 2016
Just the same way the judiciary brought in Oshiomole, so also, the judiciary will kick him out. Judiciary is the only hope for the common man to correct this curse they brought on themselves all in the name of change.

43 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Edo Election: Buhari Has Fulfilled His Promise For Free & Fair Election- Amaechi by IkoloTheSage: 8:41pm On Sep 29, 2016
What an irony!

23 Likes

Re: Edo Election: Buhari Has Fulfilled His Promise For Free & Fair Election- Amaechi by mazimee(m): 8:41pm On Sep 29, 2016
Jesuobu:
Just the same way the judiciary brought in Oshiomole, so also, the judiciary will kick him out. Judiciary is the only hope for the common man to correct this curse they brought on themselves all in the name of change.

Judi gini
Forget that one.
The Daura born monarch call the shots.

7 Likes

Re: Edo Election: Buhari Has Fulfilled His Promise For Free & Fair Election- Amaechi by fran6co(m): 8:55pm On Sep 29, 2016
mehn will this guy's ever say the truth, ha them swear for them with lie... ... ... I no just fancy seeing people father carelessly lieing with impunity.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Election: Buhari Has Fulfilled His Promise For Free & Fair Election- Amaechi by THUNDER4real(m): 9:10pm On Sep 29, 2016
Amaechi ahhhh

26 Likes

Re: Edo Election: Buhari Has Fulfilled His Promise For Free & Fair Election- Amaechi by mightyhazell: 9:11pm On Sep 29, 2016
Nigeria is doomed!

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Edo Election: Buhari Has Fulfilled His Promise For Free & Fair Election- Amaechi by Plus10(m): 9:57pm On Sep 29, 2016
Ameachi has no shame.

36 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Edo Election: Buhari Has Fulfilled His Promise For Free & Fair Election- Amaechi by HERSLEY(f): 10:36pm On Sep 29, 2016
Story...

5 Likes

Re: Edo Election: Buhari Has Fulfilled His Promise For Free & Fair Election- Amaechi by schoolhelpng(m): 5:21am On Sep 30, 2016
I open this post somewhere but I dont know it has been open here...I am sorry....

1 Like

Re: Edo Election: Buhari Has Fulfilled His Promise For Free & Fair Election- Amaechi by weblord1900: 6:34am On Sep 30, 2016
cool
Re: Edo Election: Buhari Has Fulfilled His Promise For Free & Fair Election- Amaechi by ogmask: 7:51am On Sep 30, 2016
Amaechi is right. There are sign posts signalling a free and fair election.
(i)The environment and conduct of the election was peaceful unlike what happened in rivers and akwa ibom states.
(ii)The vote margin is reasonable unlike rivers, delta, akwa ibom where the pdp had over a million votes margin to win the elections.
(iii) Edo has over a million registered voters but recorded a turn out of less than 50% of voters unlike in the past where some states had almost 100% voter turnout.
(iv) finally , the pdp did not do enough during the campaigns. The did not tell the pple what they will do differently in Edo ,instead they were busy talking about the apc federal govt and recession. This is coupled with the fact that POI is an extension of the igbinedions. Not also forgetting that POI and Obaseki are cousins, which means that the bini vote was shared. POI expectedly won more LGAs in esan area but lost woefully in Edo north where oshiomhole and obaseki's deputy come from.

For me Edo north decided the election in favour of GO.

Now , you can see that the election was better than what was obtainable in the past.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Election: Buhari Has Fulfilled His Promise For Free & Fair Election- Amaechi by richidinho(m): 10:07am On Sep 30, 2016
grin
Re: Edo Election: Buhari Has Fulfilled His Promise For Free & Fair Election- Amaechi by Rhymez(m): 10:08am On Sep 30, 2016
Because APC won abi?

13 Likes

Re: Edo Election: Buhari Has Fulfilled His Promise For Free & Fair Election- Amaechi by omolola15(m): 10:08am On Sep 30, 2016
Rhymez:
Because APC won abi?

benueguy:
Na Because APC win naaaaaa. Who doesn't know?

And what of those elections won by PDP, they are fair abi. The loser will always accuse the winner of rigging in Nigeria. If you have any problem go to court and stop disturbing us on nl biko.

2 Likes

Re: Edo Election: Buhari Has Fulfilled His Promise For Free & Fair Election- Amaechi by benueguy(m): 10:09am On Sep 30, 2016
Na Because APC win naaaaaa. Who doesn't know?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Election: Buhari Has Fulfilled His Promise For Free & Fair Election- Amaechi by salabscholar01(m): 10:10am On Sep 30, 2016
ok
Re: Edo Election: Buhari Has Fulfilled His Promise For Free & Fair Election- Amaechi by Davidbee(m): 10:10am On Sep 30, 2016
What does amaechi smoke every morning? What about the inconclusive elections?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Election: Buhari Has Fulfilled His Promise For Free & Fair Election- Amaechi by BrutalJab: 10:11am On Sep 30, 2016
This Judas of Ubima won't go and find somewhere to sit o.

The Election was peaceful but.....

Can any election be free and fair in this country

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Election: Buhari Has Fulfilled His Promise For Free & Fair Election- Amaechi by Ekeke1(m): 10:11am On Sep 30, 2016
Der is God ooo.

1 Like

Re: Edo Election: Buhari Has Fulfilled His Promise For Free & Fair Election- Amaechi by kinibigdeal(m): 10:11am On Sep 30, 2016
PDP won by the people's vote but APC and Buhari won at the collation centre

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Edo Election: Buhari Has Fulfilled His Promise For Free & Fair Election- Amaechi by igahdavid(m): 10:13am On Sep 30, 2016
ogmask:
Amaechi is right. There are sign posts signalling a free and fair election.
(i)The environment and conduct of the election was peaceful unlike what happened in rivers and akwa ibom states.
(ii)The vote margin is reasonable unlike rivers, delta, akwa ibom where the pdp had over a million votes margin to win the elections.
(iii) Edo has over a million registered voters but recorded a turn out of less than 50% of voters unlike in the past where some states had almost 100% voter turnout.
(iv) finally , the pdp did not do enough during the campaigns. The did not tell the pple what they will do differently in Edo ,instead they were busy talking about the apc federal govt and recession. This is coupled with the fact that POI is an extension of the igbinedions. Not also forgetting that POI and Obaseki are cousins, which means that the bini vote was shared. POI expectedly won more LGAs in esan area but lost woefully in Edo north where oshiomhole and obaseki's deputy come from.
For me Edo north decided the election in favour of GO.
Now , you can see that the election was better than what was obtainable in the past.

Thank you very much. From the Result, the environment and conduct of the election, you will know this is one of the best elections Nigeria has had in years

9 Likes

Re: Edo Election: Buhari Has Fulfilled His Promise For Free & Fair Election- Amaechi by samx4real(m): 10:13am On Sep 30, 2016
Ohhh!!!

He has finally fulfiled his rigging promise... 2019 is coming

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo Election: Buhari Has Fulfilled His Promise For Free & Fair Election- Amaechi by Kenneth205(m): 10:14am On Sep 30, 2016
Correct!
Re: Edo Election: Buhari Has Fulfilled His Promise For Free & Fair Election- Amaechi by Nobody: 10:16am On Sep 30, 2016
Well thank God election was conclusive but PDP will fight this result....Please you guys should check out my latest write-up "most pressing things to do if become president" in politics section. freely comment and condemn

1 Like

Re: Edo Election: Buhari Has Fulfilled His Promise For Free & Fair Election- Amaechi by NigeriaKitchen: 10:16am On Sep 30, 2016
Kai, APC is really taking Nigerians for fools, it is really disheatening that the era of free-and-fair election has gone to the winds again in Nigeria just like in the time of OBJ.

This government is bent on forcing things on Nigerians against their collective will; from forcing all Nigerians to accept government using our little remaining national wealth to construct ranches for Fulani herdsmen entrepreneurs to forcing their anointed candidates on people, its so sad cry cry cry time will tell angry angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Election: Buhari Has Fulfilled His Promise For Free & Fair Election- Amaechi by anonimi: 10:17am On Sep 30, 2016
By LOCKING OUT observers during the collation process
By manufacturing DUBIOUS numbers that have no correlation with the registered voters despite simultaneous accreditation and voting
The Association of ProgreTHIEF Criminals, APC is known for its master rigging capacity since longest time ago.

anonimi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2W9iuKYbFc]

Uploaded on Oct 30, 2011
This is a mobile phone video of the announcement of PDP as winners of the Badagry Central Local Government Elections with over 7000 votes. LASIEC Chairman, Justice Adeyinka later announced a different result. The lady speaking in the video is the LASIEC Returning Officer for Badagry Central on Saturday 22nd October, 2011.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Edo Election: Buhari Has Fulfilled His Promise For Free & Fair Election- Amaechi by Rapmoney(m): 10:18am On Sep 30, 2016
Fools!!!

4 Likes

Re: Edo Election: Buhari Has Fulfilled His Promise For Free & Fair Election- Amaechi by hotcakept2: 10:20am On Sep 30, 2016
kinibigdeal:
PDP won by the people's vote but APC and Buhari won at the collation centre

This is exactly what happened! We are in trouble in this country!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Election: Buhari Has Fulfilled His Promise For Free & Fair Election- Amaechi by Ihateiboflaties: 10:23am On Sep 30, 2016
Sometimes I just can't help but say that the Nigerian youths are the major problem of this country by taking sides with these parties. This rigging by APC also occurred when PDP was in power so both parties are rigging machines, how then are we going to have credible leaders? I weep for Nigerians who still go out to vote. PDP=APC they've got no good plans for this country. the only little fight Nigerians can put up is by staying at home during election periods, let them vote themselves... If them like make them wizard haunt pej wetin concern me...thief catch thief.... so make dem cancel their sef.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Remember Us When You Become Governor — Fulani Monarch Tells Sanwo-olu / Ugwuanyi Offers Automatic Employment, Support To Wives Of Slain Police Officers / We Will Forestall Any Ugly Incidences Around The FCT - Police PRO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.