Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,466 members, 7,808,669 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:09 PM

What Is The Relevance Of The First School Leaving Certificate? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Is The Relevance Of The First School Leaving Certificate? (25612 Views)

Relevance Of Msc At Noun / Relevance Of Listing Your Career Achievements In Your CV. / How To Get Paid 100k Monthly Teaching A Subject Without Leaving Your Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Relevance Of The First School Leaving Certificate? by chemistry101: 10:10pm On Sep 29, 2016
Please how important is the First School Leaving certificate? Have heard that it's really essential in the work force to the extent of people being retrenched because of lack of it. I just graduated from the university and I didn't take the examination and thus don't have the certificate. I will like to know if anyone of us here has any experience pertaining to this certificate. Thanks.

Please, I really need advice on this so as to know if I can register for the examination.
Re: What Is The Relevance Of The First School Leaving Certificate? by chemistry101: 10:11pm On Sep 29, 2016
Re: What Is The Relevance Of The First School Leaving Certificate? by lordalfred(m): 10:13pm On Sep 29, 2016
SHARE THE GOOD NEWS YELLO PEOPLE
MTN VTU DATA
GET THE NEW MTN VTN DATA AT A LOW AND AFFORDABLE PRIZE
10GIG - 3500
6GIG - 2500
2GIG - 1500
1GIG - 1000 (VALID FOR 1 MONTH)

MTN VTU UNLIMITED DATA - 5000 VALID FOR 2 MONTHS

TO PURCHASE DATA,
WORK INTO ANY DIAMOND BANK OR VISIT OUR YELLO DIAMOND AGENTS NEAR YOU. PAY THE AMOUNT OF YOUR CHIOCE TO 08131370102

THE SYSTEM WILL AUTOMATICALLY CREDIT YOU ASAP

NOTE THAT ALL DATA CAN BE SHARED.

TERMS AND CONDITION ALSO APPLIED.
Re: What Is The Relevance Of The First School Leaving Certificate? by Nature129(m): 4:27am On Sep 30, 2016
Government jobs like civil service and force (police, air force, army, etc) often require them, but many private employers don't ask for them unless a select few.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Relevance Of The First School Leaving Certificate? by omo17(m): 8:09am On Sep 30, 2016
chemistry101:
Please how important is the First School Leaving certificate? Have heard that it's really essential in the work force to the extent of people being retrenched because of lack of it. I just graduated from the university and I didn't take the examination and thus don't have the certificate. I will like to know if anyone of us here has any experience pertaining to this certificate. Thanks.

Please, I really need advice on this so as to know if I can register for the examination.

It is ur primary school certificate not an exam. Dats all.
Re: What Is The Relevance Of The First School Leaving Certificate? by hUmaneOne: 8:11am On Sep 30, 2016
lordalfred:
SHARE THE GOOD NEWS YELLO PEOPLE
MTN VTU DATA
GET THE NEW MTN VTN DATA AT A LOW AND
You just had to spoil this thread with your rubbish ad.Simply pay seun and advertise properly.

OP ,try to register for the exam asap..it might be used against you in the future.
When persons applying for a position are too much, Nigerians especially in government institutions use the FSLC availability as a means of weeding out the crowd.
Re: What Is The Relevance Of The First School Leaving Certificate? by hUmaneOne: 8:13am On Sep 30, 2016
omo17:

It is ur primary school certificate not an exam. Dats all.
You take the exam to get the certificate. You don't automatically get the certificate by finishing primary school.
I didn't take the exam in my time and had to register and write it during my PG .
Re: What Is The Relevance Of The First School Leaving Certificate? by aniete: 8:17am On Sep 30, 2016
It helps HRs to know if you are telling a lie about your age.
Re: What Is The Relevance Of The First School Leaving Certificate? by Nobody: 8:18am On Sep 30, 2016
hUmaneOne:

You take the exam to get the certificate. You don't automatically get the certificate by finishing primary school.
I didn't take the exam in my time and had to register and write it during my PG .
guy you dont take any exam biko...no let ppl laff you O!Once you finish primary school,the certificate wen your primary school give you,na be FSLC.FROM D WORD "FIRST" ABEG THINK AM TRU EXCEPT YOU FIRST SCHOOL INSIDE MUMSI BELLE BEFORE YOU COME WORLD.
Re: What Is The Relevance Of The First School Leaving Certificate? by hUmaneOne: 8:23am On Sep 30, 2016
hilaomo:
guy you dont take any exam biko...no let ppl laff you jo.Once you finish primary school,the certificate when your school give you na be FSLC.FROM D WORD FIRST ABEG THINK AM TRU.
I think you are trying to court attention from people this morning.

The primary six certificate aka First school leaving certificate is graded according to your performance in a written exam usually set by the state ministry of education.

Distinction
Merit
Pass
Fail

Once you finish primary school,the certificate when your school give you na be FSLC.
omo17:

Bros i don't know which exam u ar talking abt, but FSLC is the same thing as primary school certificate. It is issued after completing primary six especially.
What you meant to write is called a TESTIMONIAL and is given by your school.
FSLC is given by the ministry of education of your state

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Relevance Of The First School Leaving Certificate? by omo17(m): 8:25am On Sep 30, 2016
hUmaneOne:

Bros i don't know which exam u ar talking abt, but FSLC is the same thing as primary school certificate. It is issued after completing primary six especially.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Relevance Of The First School Leaving Certificate? by omo17(m): 8:31am On Sep 30, 2016
What you meant to write is called a testimonial not FSLC. It is given by your school. FSLC is given by the ministry of education[/quote]

The primary school will send ur name to the state ministry of education once you complete primary six, thereafter u go there nd collect it after paying a certain amount of money, but if you don't complete primary six, no certificate for u, wat d school will issue is testimonial as an alternative. I stand to be corrected.
Re: What Is The Relevance Of The First School Leaving Certificate? by Nobody: 8:39am On Sep 30, 2016
omo17:
What you meant to write is called a testimonial not FSLC. It is given by your school. FSLC is given by the ministry of education

The primary school will send ur name to the state ministry of education once you complete primary six, thereafter u go there nd collect it after paying a certain amount of money, but if you don't complete primary six, no certificate for u, wat d school will issue is testimonial as an alternative. I stand to be corrected.
Abeg leave that ITK!I bet that dude graduated with a pass from his tertiary institution judging from that "know it all mentality".
Re: What Is The Relevance Of The First School Leaving Certificate? by Nobody: 8:41am On Sep 30, 2016
hUmaneOne:

I think you are trying to court attention from people this morning.

The primary six certificate aka First school leaving certificate is graded according to your performance in a written exam usually set by the state ministry of education.

Distinction
Merit
Pass
Fail

What you meant to write is called a TESTIMONIAL and is given by your school.
FSLC is given by the ministry of education of your state
How do people "COURT" attention biko?
Re: What Is The Relevance Of The First School Leaving Certificate? by hUmaneOne: 8:51am On Sep 30, 2016
omo17:

Let me correct you now.
The exam is always written just before the close of the session. Usually 5 papers are written.
It can be taken by primary 5 or 6 pupils after registration.
Everybody in a state write the same paper and same day.
To butress it's importance,one federal university did not accept my Postgrad application till I had to take the FSLC exam and get the certificate recently. They didn't accept the schools testimonial
Re: What Is The Relevance Of The First School Leaving Certificate? by mrbyron(m): 8:52am On Sep 30, 2016
You have to start from somewhere before you get your 1st degree. I hope this answer helps undecided
Re: What Is The Relevance Of The First School Leaving Certificate? by omo17(m): 8:59am On Sep 30, 2016
hUmaneOne:

Let me correct you now.
The exam is always written just before the close of the session. Usually 5 papers are written.
It can be taken by primary 5 or 6 pupils after registration.
Everybody in a state write the same paper and same day.
To butress it's importance,one federal university did not accept my Postgrad application till I had to take the FSLC exam and get the certificate recently.

Well maybe Sha, i stopped at primary 5, nd there was nothing like dat wen i finished. So automatically i knw am not entitled to certificate but a testimonial. Even with dat am still having problem with the school, because i was told my name can't be found on primary 5 register nd dey cannot issue testimonial for primary 4. Am surprised nd am still on it. Like i said u maybe right.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Relevance Of The First School Leaving Certificate? by omo17(m): 9:01am On Sep 30, 2016
To butress it's importance,one federal university did not accept my Postgrad application till I had to take the FSLC exam and get the certificate recently. They didn't accept the schools testimonial[/quote]

If i may ask,pls hw did you re-register for it. Tanks
Re: What Is The Relevance Of The First School Leaving Certificate? by hUmaneOne: 9:07am On Sep 30, 2016
omo17:

Well maybe Sha, i stopped at primary 5, nd there was nothing like dat wen i finished. So automatically i knw am not entitled to certificate but a testimonial. Even with dat am still having problem with the school, because i was told my name can't be found on primary 5 register nd dey cannot issue testimonial for primary 4. Am surprised nd am still on it. Like i said u maybe right.

Even my parents wrote the exam in their time. It is nothing new
The confusion here is that people call it primary 6 exam, which means primary 5 persons aren't eligible. It is called School cert exam
My advice;if you intend to work in government/ for the government, register for it asap like i did.

To register , visit any primary school .
Or better still ,visit any adult education centre and register, so you will not feel like an old papa amongst small children during the exam
Re: What Is The Relevance Of The First School Leaving Certificate? by omo17(m): 9:10am On Sep 30, 2016
hUmaneOne:

Even my parents write the exam. It is nothing new
The confusion here is that people call it primary 6 exam, which means primary 5 persons aren't eligible. It is called School cert exam
My advice;if you intend to work in government/ for the government, register for it asap like i did.

Or better still ,visit any adult education centre and register, so you will not feel like an old papa amongst small children during the exam

Hw can i register for it. Tanks
Re: What Is The Relevance Of The First School Leaving Certificate? by omo17(m): 9:10am On Sep 30, 2016
hUmaneOne:

Even my parents write the exam. It is nothing new

Lol, OK Tanks
Re: What Is The Relevance Of The First School Leaving Certificate? by hUmaneOne: 9:11am On Sep 30, 2016
omo17:

Lol, OK Tanks
Welcome man.

Cheers
Re: What Is The Relevance Of The First School Leaving Certificate? by kunlesmiles(m): 10:34am On Sep 30, 2016
hUmaneOne:

it is actually a primary 6 exam,infact,d position I took in d exam was written on d certificate.
Re: What Is The Relevance Of The First School Leaving Certificate? by westlius(m): 10:41am On Sep 30, 2016
fake it oo if u dont have it @ least na primary school leaving cert. it wound not be dat pronounced cos u gat waec or neco
Re: What Is The Relevance Of The First School Leaving Certificate? by solzil(m): 10:49am On Sep 30, 2016
westlius:
fake it oo if u dont have it @ least na primary school leaving cert. it wound not be dat pronounced cos u gat waec or neco
Re: What Is The Relevance Of The First School Leaving Certificate? by hUmaneOne: 10:51am On Sep 30, 2016
kunlesmiles:
it is actually a primary 6 exam,infact,d position I took in d exam was written on d certificate.
Position in a statewide exam?? cheesy cheesy cheesy it is akin to seeing your position in a common entrance exam.

I would have simply ignored you, but for the sake of others I chose to comment.

The primary six exam, in which you had a position was your schools exam and not the FSLC exam.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Relevance Of The First School Leaving Certificate? by chemistry101: 11:14am On Sep 30, 2016
hUmaneOne:

FSLC was suppose to come first, asin B4 waec BSc etc. we there be any issue if it come after WAEC, BSc
Re: What Is The Relevance Of The First School Leaving Certificate? by chemistry101: 11:17am On Sep 30, 2016
westlius:

Thank 4 dat.
But faking might give someone a temporal relieve, at the long run the person we be expose
Re: What Is The Relevance Of The First School Leaving Certificate? by hUmaneOne: 11:18am On Sep 30, 2016
chemistry101:

FSLC was suppose to come first, asin B4 waec BSc etc. we there be any issue if it come after WAEC, BSc
Nope..not that I know of.
Re: What Is The Relevance Of The First School Leaving Certificate? by hUmaneOne: 11:22am On Sep 30, 2016
westlius:
Why don't we think of our future?

When you run for a political position in future and they they fish out your faked paper, they'll say it's the poor villagers o.

Think of the shame on yourself, your wife and the children..what will you be teaching the children?
Re: What Is The Relevance Of The First School Leaving Certificate? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Sep 30, 2016
hilaomo:
guy you dont take any exam biko...no let ppl laff you O!Once you finish primary school,the certificate wen your primary school give you,na be FSLC.FROM D WORD "FIRST" ABEG THINK AM TRU EXCEPT YOU FIRST SCHOOL INSIDE MUMSI BELLE BEFORE YOU COME WORLD.
sorry!you take an exam before you could get that cert.Maybe you are talking about testimonial

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Relevance Of The First School Leaving Certificate? by chemistry101: 3:44am On Oct 05, 2016
How than can I apply for FCSC @ 1KINGKYLE?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians Argue On Twitter Over N30,000 Job Vacancy For Graduate / Lafarge Wapco/dragnet Aptitude Test / Graduate Vacancy At IITA: Audit Trainee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.