Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,590 members, 7,770,537 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 11:30 AM

Man Batters Wife Over Missing N2,000 (photo) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Batters Wife Over Missing N2,000 (photo) (24987 Views)

Man Batters Wife For Not Swearing To Juju Over Infidelity (Photos) / Man Batters His Wife Of 10 Years In Port-Harcourt. PICS / Man Batters Wife Over Sex For More Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Batters Wife Over Missing N2,000 (photo) by dre11(m): 5:25am On Sep 30, 2016
Afeez Hanafi

The police in Lagos State have launched a manhunt for a resident of Azeez Olaosebikan Street, Agege, Babatunde Igbara, after he allegedly battered his wife’s eyes.

The man reportedly rained punches on the 38-year-old woman, Gbemisola Igbara, in the presence of their four children until her eyes became swollen.

PUNCH Metro learnt that Babatunde had approached the victim on Monday morning, two days after he was released on bail from the Kirikiri prison, demanding if she took the N2,000 he kept in the room.

He was said to have accused her of stealing the money and resorted to violence when she refuted the allegation.

Our correspondent gathered that it took the intervention of the couple’s neighbours to restore order to the household while the incident was reported at the Abattoir Police Division.

Gbemisola told PUNCH Metro on Thursday that the 12-year-old marriage had been fraught with quarrels, adding that she decided to endure the assaults because of her children.

She said, “I was very weak that morning because of the stress I passed through to secure his bail from the prison over a land matter. He woke me up and asked if I took N2,000 from his clothes. I said no. When he continued to accuse me, I asked him why he thought I would steal his money when I spent over N20,000 and borrowed money from friends to facilitate his release.

“I told him to stop disturbing me. He then started punching me in the face and my eyes became swollen. My children begged him, but he refused. It was our neighbours who rescued me from him. I am fed up; but I don’t want to pack out because of my children,” she said.

Gbemisola explained that a similar incident happened about a year ago and she reported to the police at the Ile Epo division.

She said her husband’s mother prevailed on her to withdraw that case from the station.

“I can no longer bear the beating. He beats me to the point that I won’t be able to open my shop for days. I took a loan of N200,000 to start the business, but it has been difficult for me to repay it because of these troubles. I have reported to the police at the Abattoir division and they promised to get him arrested,” she added.

However, Babatunde, who spoke with our correspondent on the telephone in Yoruba, denied assaulting his wife, saying she slipped during the altercation and got injured.

“I didn’t beat her. It was a lie. It was true that we had a misunderstanding that day but I never used my hands on her. She fell and hit her face on an object. I need to see you so that I can explain better. Our families have been trying to resolve it,” he said.

But some neighbours of the couple, who spoke with our correspondent, said they had advised Gbemisola to quit the relationship due to the violence.

One of them, Akeem Alabi, said, “Many people on our street know he has turned the woman to a punching bag. I decided to take her picture and post it on the internet after he beat her on Monday. I want rights activists and security agencies to come to her aid and ensure justice is served.”

The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, SP Dolapo Badmos, had yet to reply to a text message sent to her phone on the incident as of press time.

http://punchng.com/man-batters-wife-missing-n2000/

Re: Man Batters Wife Over Missing N2,000 (photo) by veacea: 5:26am On Sep 30, 2016
Oma gaaaa ooooooo

Anyways, NCAN member was here.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Batters Wife Over Missing N2,000 (photo) by DesChyko: 5:26am On Sep 30, 2016
The turmoils in marriage..

Checking names aborted embarassed

7 Likes

Re: Man Batters Wife Over Missing N2,000 (photo) by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:32am On Sep 30, 2016
The man needs nothing than a corrosive & thorough beating when caught. Dazzol angry angry

6 Likes

Re: Man Batters Wife Over Missing N2,000 (photo) by Richy4(m): 5:41am On Sep 30, 2016
Hmmm this one is really for better or worse.....I hope she doesn't get killed in the name of staying in an abusive relationship for the kids..

5 Likes

Re: Man Batters Wife Over Missing N2,000 (photo) by Nobody: 5:44am On Sep 30, 2016
oh lawd

1 Like

Re: Man Batters Wife Over Missing N2,000 (photo) by Tallesty1(m): 5:44am On Sep 30, 2016
This is wrong.

After hearing of Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's divorce, A Yoruba man, Baba Iyabo is introducing a new anti-divorce herbal medicine.

He's calling it Pitt-Angeli Herbal Mixture.

10 Likes

Re: Man Batters Wife Over Missing N2,000 (photo) by Davash222(m): 5:47am On Sep 30, 2016
Coward!!

Why hitting your wife?
Seems he's a prospective kirikiri prison candidate.

7 Likes

Re: Man Batters Wife Over Missing N2,000 (photo) by project8(m): 5:57am On Sep 30, 2016
Recession way of thinking.mayb he prefer prison whr he doesnt need to work to eat

1 Like

Re: Man Batters Wife Over Missing N2,000 (photo) by Iffffffy(f): 10:20am On Sep 30, 2016
Human rights to come to whose aid? When she doesn't even want to help herself.

5 Likes

Re: Man Batters Wife Over Missing N2,000 (photo) by nurey(m): 11:10am On Sep 30, 2016
Advice 1
I don't support battery especially on women it disgust me.

Advice 2
I don't also support inciting hateful speech, women should learn to control their tongues against their husbands to avoid story that touch.

General joke
This guy is so good at throwing the right punch he disfigured the woman face no be small. If he is caught, he should be handed over to minister for sports so he can represent Nigeria in men's boxing or if he prefers, women boxing. Lol

11 Likes

Re: Man Batters Wife Over Missing N2,000 (photo) by passionate88: 12:08pm On Sep 30, 2016
By their names ye shall know them

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Batters Wife Over Missing N2,000 (photo) by richidinho(m): 12:09pm On Sep 30, 2016
Stingy people... Olympics just ended without any medal in boxing

3 Likes

Re: Man Batters Wife Over Missing N2,000 (photo) by korel9: 12:09pm On Sep 30, 2016
Ok.

14 Likes

Re: Man Batters Wife Over Missing N2,000 (photo) by menix(m): 12:09pm On Sep 30, 2016
Reporting from MECCA chapter of NCAN;

Afeez u see am the cowardice in them..

Why not go out there nd deal a blow to APC stalwarts that ve reduced us to fight for 2k...

Money Emeka will give his bae in this recession to dash a beggar but here in the Waste, Afeez is ready to kill..

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Batters Wife Over Missing N2,000 (photo) by crazygod(m): 12:09pm On Sep 30, 2016
Poverty is bad. Its a disease

2 Likes

Re: Man Batters Wife Over Missing N2,000 (photo) by Cornerstone001: 12:09pm On Sep 30, 2016

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Batters Wife Over Missing N2,000 (photo) by ammyluv2002(f): 12:10pm On Sep 30, 2016
Disgusting

1 Like

Re: Man Batters Wife Over Missing N2,000 (photo) by Kobicove(m): 12:10pm On Sep 30, 2016
Marriage should not be a do-or-die affair... undecided

1 Like

Re: Man Batters Wife Over Missing N2,000 (photo) by fpeter(f): 12:10pm On Sep 30, 2016
Poverty is a huge reproach cry

3 Likes

Re: Man Batters Wife Over Missing N2,000 (photo) by passionate88: 12:10pm On Sep 30, 2016
See as the man cover her eyes. I hate nowadays marriages

1 Like

Re: Man Batters Wife Over Missing N2,000 (photo) by rezzy: 12:10pm On Sep 30, 2016
Men and beast

1 Like

Re: Man Batters Wife Over Missing N2,000 (photo) by AngelAhnie(f): 12:10pm On Sep 30, 2016
. angry angry
Re: Man Batters Wife Over Missing N2,000 (photo) by Debaddest(m): 12:11pm On Sep 30, 2016
[size=16pt]Buhari, I know you are happy now. See ur handwork via Economic hardship and you're still planning to sell all that Nigeria has[/size]

1 Like

Re: Man Batters Wife Over Missing N2,000 (photo) by LMAyedun(m): 12:11pm On Sep 30, 2016
Buhari sef! undecided
Re: Man Batters Wife Over Missing N2,000 (photo) by yemmy009(f): 12:11pm On Sep 30, 2016
They should send him back to kirikiri

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Batters Wife Over Missing N2,000 (photo) by Evergreen4(m): 12:12pm On Sep 30, 2016
Poverty stricken Afonja

3 Likes

Re: Man Batters Wife Over Missing N2,000 (photo) by Pavore9: 12:12pm On Sep 30, 2016
"PUNCH Metro learnt that Babatunde had approached the victim on Monday morning, two days after he was released on bail from the Kirikiri prison..........Gbemisola told PUNCH Metro on Thursday that the 12-year-old marriage had been fraught with quarrels, adding that she decided to endure the assaults because of her children"..........When he finally kills her, will her ghost take care of the children she is enduring assault for? Women in such marriage should learn how to leave such abusive marriage!

5 Likes

Re: Man Batters Wife Over Missing N2,000 (photo) by yemmy009(f): 12:13pm On Sep 30, 2016
LMAyedun:
Buhari sef! undecided
Wetin buhari do?

Re: Man Batters Wife Over Missing N2,000 (photo) by mhisbliss(f): 12:13pm On Sep 30, 2016
oh God, now shes a punching bag because she said yes to a sly wolf in sheeps clothing, what a world

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman Gives Birth To Twins After 8 Years Of Waiting, Crying / Lady Sues Her Father For Delaying Her Marriage To The 'love Of Her Life' / Husband Chases Out His Wife And Daughter Over Inability To Have Male Child. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.