Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,781 members, 7,802,421 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:10 PM

Google Allo Hits 5 Million Downloads In The Play Store - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Google Allo Hits 5 Million Downloads In The Play Store (2138 Views)

My Conversation With Google Allo Robot / WOW!! Check Out This Cool Stuff You Can Do With GOOGLE ALLO / Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Google Allo Hits 5 Million Downloads In The Play Store by ssolaoye: 7:03am On Sep 30, 2016
Google’s smart messaging app Google Allo, which started rolling out last week, has surpassed the 5 million downloads milestone on the company’s Play Store. The app hit the 1 million downloads mark four days ago, and was the top free Android app in the US this past weekend.

Allo seems to be following the footsteps of Google’s new video calling app Duo that saw enjoyed similar popularity at launch. However, the excitement around Duo quickly faded – now it’s not even in the top 50 apps in the Play Store’s free list. So, it will be interesting to see how the future shapes up for Allo.

The App is modelled after WhatsApp (in term of simplicity) but comes with a number of smart features that makes it slightly better.

Some of the highlights of the Google Allo include smart replies, incognito chats and most importantly, being able to have one on one chats with Google Assistant.

I am pretty much excited about the Google Allo but the App has already received mixed reviews and it will be interesting to see how Allo performs in the coming weeks.

For more interesting stories, visit http://phonesnaija.com/

1 Like

Re: Google Allo Hits 5 Million Downloads In The Play Store by somehowpenis(m): 7:11am On Sep 30, 2016
5 million downloads and 4.5million deletes you mean, cos already deleted mine.

4 Likes

Re: Google Allo Hits 5 Million Downloads In The Play Store by KEZDON(m): 7:12am On Sep 30, 2016
I just pray for WhatsApp, that they won't later regret cutting out some phones from their services

Google means Business ooopo

3 Likes

Re: Google Allo Hits 5 Million Downloads In The Play Store by ssolaoye: 7:16am On Sep 30, 2016
somehowpenis:
5 million downloads and 4.5million deletes you mean, cos already deleted mine.

Lol! I have not deleted mine and I am not sure I will do that anytime soon. The app is an awesome information provider for me.

3 Likes

Re: Google Allo Hits 5 Million Downloads In The Play Store by somehowpenis(m): 7:24am On Sep 30, 2016
ssolaoye:

Lol! I have not deleted mine and I am not sure I will do that anytime soon. The app is an awesome information provider for me.
nah its not. Its a normal social app with assistant tool , like every other social app with assistant tool.
Re: Google Allo Hits 5 Million Downloads In The Play Store by somehowpenis(m): 7:25am On Sep 30, 2016
KEZDON:
I just pray for WhatsApp, that they won't later regret cutting out some phones from their services

even those phones cut out by whatsapp do not support the allo thing.
Re: Google Allo Hits 5 Million Downloads In The Play Store by qboi3000: 7:40am On Sep 30, 2016
I think the allo app is pretty cool
Re: Google Allo Hits 5 Million Downloads In The Play Store by blazingkid21(m): 8:10am On Sep 30, 2016
KEZDON:

shebi nokia c3 and blackberry bold get play store ba?

4 Likes

Re: Google Allo Hits 5 Million Downloads In The Play Store by ssolaoye: 10:15am On Sep 30, 2016
somehowpenis:
even those phones cut out by whatsapp do not support the allo thing.

I'm sure Allo web is on its way for those kind of phones and users wink
Re: Google Allo Hits 5 Million Downloads In The Play Store by somehowpenis(m): 3:08pm On Sep 30, 2016
ssolaoye:

I'm sure Allo web is on its way for those kind of phones and users wink
you are sure but it is not.
Re: Google Allo Hits 5 Million Downloads In The Play Store by Simeony007(m): 6:33pm On Sep 30, 2016
We are all actually testing it like we did with hangout, bbm, Google+ messenger and telegram lol

4 Likes

Re: Google Allo Hits 5 Million Downloads In The Play Store by ray48: 10:17pm On Sep 30, 2016
I am really enjoying the app esp the Google Assistant. Me thinks it's going to give What's App a run for their money.

1 Like

Re: Google Allo Hits 5 Million Downloads In The Play Store by ssolaoye: 12:25pm On Oct 01, 2016
ray48:
I am really enjoying the app esp the Google Assistant. Me thinks it's going to give What's App a run for their money.

Agree... Let's see what the future holds for Google on social messaging.
Re: Google Allo Hits 5 Million Downloads In The Play Store by TechsNG: 1:37pm On Oct 09, 2016
A very nice app I would say. However, whatsapp dominates the app as a result of its voice call feature. If Allo brings voice calls to the table, it should compete greatly with whatsapp.

BTW, here's my review of the app on iOS: http://www.techsng.com/2016/10/google-allo-review.html

Enjoy!
Re: Google Allo Hits 5 Million Downloads In The Play Store by Godwin978(m): 4:32pm On Oct 09, 2016
Simeony007:
We are all actually testing it like we did with hangout, bbm, Google+ messenger and telegram lol
i dont even rebember my bbm google+ user name

(1) (Reply)

Reasons You Should Choose an Iphone Over Android..... / How To Charge Tecno L8/L8+ And Other High Battery Capacity Phones Faster. / Help: My Phone Just Keeps Pressing Itself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.