Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,893 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:52 PM

Can Souls In Hell Be Forgiven, Saved And Still Go To Heaven? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Souls In Hell Be Forgiven, Saved And Still Go To Heaven? (25316 Views)

What is Sin Against The Holy Spirit That Will Not Be Forgiven?? / 10 Reasons Why Many People may End Up In Hell. / How God Healed, Saved And Delivered Me From HIV (My Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Souls In Hell Be Forgiven, Saved And Still Go To Heaven? by Nobody: 11:10am On Sep 30, 2016
Does anyone here know for an absolute certainty that the Bible actually states human souls in Hell have no chance for forgiveness?

Believe it or not, I did read the Bible, and I don't recall it actually explicitly stating "Once you are in Hell, you no longer have any chance for forgiveness, for Redemption."

That doesn't seem too Christian lets assume for a moment there's a Hell and some people are down there praying to Jesus, begging for forgiveness, begging to be forgiven for not believing in the twisted corrupt Churches while they were on earth, and will Jesus just ignores them?

The Jesus I imagine wouldn't ignore them, not even if they were in Hell, the Jesus I know wouldn't be that petty. He doesn't care if they screwed up & they're in Hell....He would forgive them and go get them to heaven

3 Likes

Re: Can Souls In Hell Be Forgiven, Saved And Still Go To Heaven? by Aaronsrod: 11:26am On Sep 30, 2016
There is no forgiveness. Hell is eternal. unrepentant sinners will burn. They were warned. They disobeyed.

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Can Souls In Hell Be Forgiven, Saved And Still Go To Heaven? by Nobody: 11:39am On Sep 30, 2016
One thing I understand is that there is nothing like hell and I doubt if such a place exists cause I can't comprehend why a loving, compassionate father would wish such a place for his children.
Why do you worry about the end of the world? Why didn't the world end last year? What about other planets, is our world, I mean earth, so important for it to decide the fate of the rest of the universe? What about unborn kids? Is this sermon about the end of days not been on for many years? You believe in the bible and is convinced it's the one and only truth? What makes you think God would act according to the principles of the bible, the same bible operating on double standards? God is highly unpredictable. Whether you are a sinner or a saint, there is no guarantee of a blissful eternal paradise for you.
At least the death of unborn kids show how wicked and inhumane the biblical God could be.

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Can Souls In Hell Be Forgiven, Saved And Still Go To Heaven? by Nobody: 11:42am On Sep 30, 2016
Aaronsrod:
There is no forgiveness. Hell is eternal. unrepentant sinners will burn. They were warned. They disobeyed.

God is a merciful God why will he let us perish undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Souls In Hell Be Forgiven, Saved And Still Go To Heaven? by Nobody: 11:45am On Sep 30, 2016
Aaronsrod:
So why is satan not wailing in hell now?

10 Likes

Re: Can Souls In Hell Be Forgiven, Saved And Still Go To Heaven? by Aaronsrod: 12:38pm On Sep 30, 2016
Berlynn:

He will not let you perish. You will burn. Eternally.

7 Likes

Re: Can Souls In Hell Be Forgiven, Saved And Still Go To Heaven? by Aaronsrod: 12:41pm On Sep 30, 2016
StunchLord:

So why is satan not wailing in hell now?

This world Hell and are his kingdoms. The Earth he has in time, Hell is his realm in eternity. He rejoices and exults in them.
Re: Can Souls In Hell Be Forgiven, Saved And Still Go To Heaven? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Sep 30, 2016
Even at d seat of judgment GOD will show mercy
Re: Can Souls In Hell Be Forgiven, Saved And Still Go To Heaven? by Aaronsrod: 1:03pm On Sep 30, 2016
Smallville10:
That is a comforting thought, O Sinner!

But false.

Go back to your Bible. Read the truth of our God. Repent and fear His wrath!

24 Likes

Re: Can Souls In Hell Be Forgiven, Saved And Still Go To Heaven? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Sep 30, 2016
Aaronsrod:

This world Hell and are his kingdoms. The Earth he has in time, Hell is his realm in eternity. He rejoices and exults in them.
I'm not sure I understand you. Are you inferring God created Hell and gave satan charge over it? Let me ask you, who created Hell?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Souls In Hell Be Forgiven, Saved And Still Go To Heaven? by branhampaul: 2:42pm On Sep 30, 2016
Once Dead You'v Passed God's Mercy..!
Beside Why You Were On Earth They Preached To You And You Didn't Accept It..
Don't Forget God Is A God Of Love & Also Of Wrath..
Don't Deceive Yourself That You Will Be Pardoned Once You Die A Sinner..
The Bible Which Contains God's Word Said, A Sinner Will Be In Hell Fire Burning With Brimstone & Sulphur FOREVER.. And God Can't Change Is Word B'cos He Is The Same Yesterday, Today, & For Eternal..
Infact, God Placed Is Word Above Himself..

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can Souls In Hell Be Forgiven, Saved And Still Go To Heaven? by branhampaul: 2:47pm On Sep 30, 2016
Aaronsrod:
Bros Hell Isn't Eternal It Is Only For A Period Of Time Maybe A Billion Years..B'cos Hell Fire Has A Beginning And Also Have To Have An Ending..
Berlynn:

God Is A God Of Love & Also A God Of Wrath
Aaronsrod:
Re: Can Souls In Hell Be Forgiven, Saved And Still Go To Heaven? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Sep 30, 2016
My dear no one knows and you shouldn't give a chance to beg for forgiveness when you have the chance of doing the will of God on earth and inherit eternal life.

But mind you, the fear of hell should not make you serve God but you should serve Him in spirit and in truth and when you do this, there is no chance of going to hell smiley

6 Likes

Re: Can Souls In Hell Be Forgiven, Saved And Still Go To Heaven? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Sep 30, 2016
Jesuobu:
My dear no one knows and you shouldn't give a chance to beg for forgiveness when you have the chance of doing the will of God on earth and inherit eternal life.

But mind you, the fear of hell should not make you serve God but you should serve Him in spirit and in truth and when you do this, there is no chance of going to hell smiley

alright thanks

1 Like

Re: Can Souls In Hell Be Forgiven, Saved And Still Go To Heaven? by pr0blem: 9:35pm On Sep 30, 2016
Hi Berlynn,

"For Christ also suffered for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body, but made alive in the spirit, in which He also went and preached to the spirits in prison, who disobeyed long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah, while the ark was being built. In the ark a few people, only eight souls, were saved through water." - 1 Pet 3:18-20.

Not like I know stuff or anything, Just sharing. No soul goes to waste with God. NONE! is condemned. He either saves ALL or saves NONE. But since he said he will save ALL, then He meant it. I haven't died sha, so I can not tell yet LOL. Except to answer you using same scriptures from which you asked your questions.

About Hell, "And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death." - Rev 20:14. Hell apparently isn't eternal, it has an end.

Upon reading scriptures thoroughly, Everything about God is ONE, hence God's judgement isn't apart from His Love, neither is his wrath apart from His righteousness. Only wicked people that do not understand these workings separate them and threaten a people with the fear of wrath and Hell.

Some people propose it is the ones who do not believe that will use their freewill to go to Hell. That God is loving but he will allow them the choice they make/made. But that sounds quite ridiculous if you asked me. Here's why: "the Living One. I was dead, and behold, now I am alive forever and ever! And I hold the keys of Death and of Hell" - Rev 1:18. This same one that holds the keys of death and hell is said to have this mission - "For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved" - John 3:17. How will the one said to save rather than condemn, whom also has seized the keys of death and hell, fail at his mission because of an irresponsive attitude towards Love? Was he not the same one that asked us to "love our enemies and pray for them?" - Matt 5:44 Ridiculous? I think the same. If he can't keep his own laws, why should we? are we more righteous or merciful?

"The Lord's portion is His people" - Deut 32:9
"The earth is the LORD's, and everything in it. The world and all its people belong to him." - Psm 24:1
"Then the end will come, when He hands over the kingdom to God the Father... And when all things have been subjected to Him, then the Son Himself will be made subject to Him who put all things under Him, so that God may be all in all." - 1 Cor 15:25, 29

Consider these things, then will you begin to know your God

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Souls In Hell Be Forgiven, Saved And Still Go To Heaven? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Sep 30, 2016
Matthew 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Matthew 5:29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Matthew 5:30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Matthew 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Matthew 18:9 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.

JESUS WAS NOT JOKING!

HELL IS REAL AND FOR ETERNITY!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Souls In Hell Be Forgiven, Saved And Still Go To Heaven? by Topgainer: 10:54pm On Sep 30, 2016
branhampaul:
Bros Hell Isn't Eternal It Is Only For A Period Of Time Maybe A Billion Years..B'cos Hell Fire Has A Beginning And Also Have To Have An Ending.. God Is A God Of Love & Also A God Of Wrath
I have had cause to think again about the word Everlasting.
It should not be an excuse for anybody to live carefree because a day in Hell will surely be the most undesirable. The wrath of God is not something anybody should wave off.
The word forever and everlasting used in most places in the Bible simply refers to a long time and does not mean without an end.
I have seen contradictions with that which could have arisen from the sentiments of the writers or translators . Among many one that got me thinking was that a tribe in Israel which had a penchant for sinning made God say he will wipe them out forever, that they will not be remembered.( In the old testament) I can't remember the book
But the tribe was severely punished as prophesied and among the early tribes to be 'lost'
But in Revelation, the 12 tribes were recognized and will be represented in the events of the last days

1 Like

Re: Can Souls In Hell Be Forgiven, Saved And Still Go To Heaven? by analice107: 12:26am On Oct 01, 2016
Berlynn:
Does anyone here know for an absolute certainty that the Bible actually states human souls in Hell have no chance for forgiveness?

Believe it or not, I did read the Bible, and I don't recall it actually explicitly stating "Once you are in Hell, you no longer have any chance for forgiveness, for Redemption."

That doesn't seem too Christian lets assume for a moment there's a Hell and some people are down there praying to Jesus, begging for forgiveness, begging to be forgiven for not believing in the twisted corrupt Churches while they were on earth, and will Jesus just ignores them?

The Jesus I imagine wouldn't ignore them, not even if they were in Hell, the Jesus I know wouldn't be that petty. He doesn't care if they screwed up & they're in Hell....He would forgive them and go get them to heaven

Laslasticlala what do you think?

Are you sure you have been reading the Bible? How can you claim to read the Bible and then ask this question. Souls praying in hellfire? You stepped on a life coal before?

Can you with both feet stand on fire and muster up cordinatted words to pray?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Souls In Hell Be Forgiven, Saved And Still Go To Heaven? by analice107: 12:29am On Oct 01, 2016
Berlynn:

Laslasticlala what do you think?

Have you ever heard, "It is appointed unto man once to die, and after that Judgement?

Ask the Rich man who died and went to hell if he was able to pray for a second chance with the excuse that the Preachers on earth were too corrupt so he made fun and insulted them all through his life time.

10 Likes

Re: Can Souls In Hell Be Forgiven, Saved And Still Go To Heaven? by analice107: 12:30am On Oct 01, 2016
StunchLord:
One thing I understand is that there is nothing like hell and I doubt if such a place exists cause I can't comprehend why a loving, compassionate father would wish such a place for his children.
Why do you worry about the end of the world? Why didn't the world end last year? What about other planets, is our world, I mean earth, so important for it to decide the fate of the rest of the universe? What about unborn kids? Is this sermon about the end of days not been on for many years? You believe in the bible and is convinced it's the one and only truth? What makes you think God would act according to the principles of the bible, the same bible operating on double standards? God is highly unpredictable. Whether you are a sinner or a saint, there is no guarantee of a blissful eternal paradise for you.
At least the death of unborn kids show how wicked and inhumane the biblical God could be.

Keep quiet and move along. You are dumb.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can Souls In Hell Be Forgiven, Saved And Still Go To Heaven? by analice107: 12:33am On Oct 01, 2016
Berlynn:

God is so merciful that's why he allowed you insult him and his servants all through your life. But when he seats as a judge, you'd see a different kind of God.

15 Likes

Re: Can Souls In Hell Be Forgiven, Saved And Still Go To Heaven? by analice107: 12:35am On Oct 01, 2016
Smallville10:
Scriptures pls?

Have you ever thought why Christ is called the LION OF THE TRIBE OF JUDAH in Revelation?

5 Likes

Re: Can Souls In Hell Be Forgiven, Saved And Still Go To Heaven? by analice107: 12:38am On Oct 01, 2016
branhampaul:
Bros Hell Isn't Eternal It Is Only For A Period Of Time Maybe A Billion Years..B'cos Hell Fire Has A Beginning And Also Have To Have An Ending.. God Is A God Of Love & Also A God Of Wrath

But you said Hellfire burns eternally with fire, sulphur and brimstones?

1 Like

Re: Can Souls In Hell Be Forgiven, Saved And Still Go To Heaven? by analice107: 12:55am On Oct 01, 2016
Topgainer:

I have had cause to think again about the word Everlasting.
It should not be an excuse for anybody to live carefree because a day in Hell will surely be the most undesirable. The wrath of God is not something anybody should wave off.
The word forever and everlasting used in most places in the Bible simply refers to a long time and does not mean without an end.
I have seen contradictions with that which could have arisen from the sentiments of the writers or translators . Among many one that got me thinking was that a tribe in Israel which had a penchant for sinning made God say he will wipe them out forever, that they will not be remembered.( In the old testament) I can't remember the book
But the tribe was severely punished as prophesied and among the early tribes to be 'lost'
But in Revelation, the 12 tribes were recognized and will be represented in the events of the last days

Wait, you mean there's an end to "Forever and everlasting?"

Wonderful..., You understanding of these things sha.

You inferred about a Scripture where God talked about living people and existing nations here. What we are dealing with here is after death and resurrection. When we cross over to the other side.

Guy, time exists only on this plain. day and night changes seasons on this plain, but when we cross over to the other side, we won't have need for the Constatation which causes the changes in seasons and times. Time stops.

Eternity, forever, everlasting doesn't have time to count how long its been.

Jesus says the fire that burns in that hell doesn't go off even for a minute. There will be no way to know how long you been burning. A new body (Imperishable) other than this perishable body shall be given to you, so you'll feel the pain, but wont get consumed.

Remember the fire God showed to Moses in the Wilderness? It was burning but wasn't consuming what it was on, that's how it will be.

Now is the acceptable time, now is the day of salvation, if you hear his voice harden not your heart.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Souls In Hell Be Forgiven, Saved And Still Go To Heaven? by Ranchhoddas: 1:22am On Oct 01, 2016
branhampaul:
I love ''Branhamite'' gospel. Their hell isn't eternal and they teach predestination ie What will be will be.

1 Like

Re: Can Souls In Hell Be Forgiven, Saved And Still Go To Heaven? by Ranchhoddas: 2:00am On Oct 01, 2016
analice107:

Wait, you mean there's an end to "Forever and everlasting?"

Wonderful..., You understanding of these things sha.

You inferred about a Scripture where God talked about living people and existing nations here. What we are dealing with here is after death and resurrection. When we cross over to the other side.

Guy, time exists only on this plain. day and night changes seasons on this plain, but when we cross over to the other side, we won't have need for the Constatation which causes the changes in seasons and times. Time stops.

Eternity, forever, everlasting doesn't have time to count how long its been.

Jesus says the fire that burns in that hell doesn't go off even for a minute. There will be no way to know how long you been burning. A new body (Imperishable) other than this perishable body shall be given to you, so you'll feel the pain, but wont get consumed.

Remember the fire God showed to Moses in the Wilderness? It was burning but wasn't consuming what it was on, that's how it will be.

Now is the acceptable time, now is the day of salvation, if you hear his voice harden not your heart.

Really? The body is indestructible and custom-made for torture. This does not feel wrong to you in any way?

2 Likes

Re: Can Souls In Hell Be Forgiven, Saved And Still Go To Heaven? by analice107: 2:44am On Oct 01, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Really? The body is indestructible and custom-made for torture. This does not feel wrong to you in any way?
Who am i to feel what is wrong or Right.

I am because he decided i shd be. I am female because he wanted me to. If he wanted me a flower that's what i'd ve been.

Just like a clay pot has no right to question its maker what shape or size it is made, so also i can't question God as to what he has decided about his Creation.

God didn't leave you without an option you know, but you are too intelligent to ask yourself why you just can't bring yourself accept what he has offered freely.

What is actually wrong in accepting Christ?

When we talk to the right, you swing to the left, When we meet you up on the left, you swing to the right, always looking for something to malign about. Keep it up.

Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?
Romans:9:20

Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?
Romans:9:21

What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
Romans:9:22

Keep rebelling. Now that you have the opportunity to accept the free gift of the New Life in Christ, you are claiming sense. E go reach you very soon. no worry. Shey God na your mate?

14 Likes

Re: Can Souls In Hell Be Forgiven, Saved And Still Go To Heaven? by Pidggin(f): 4:16am On Oct 01, 2016
Smallville10:

Go and read the story of Lazarus and the rich man. Right now, you have many Christians preaching the message of the good news to you daily yet you are waiting to be sent to hell before you repent. There shall be a void between those in hell and those in heaven, be wise.

5 Likes

Re: Can Souls In Hell Be Forgiven, Saved And Still Go To Heaven? by Ranchhoddas: 7:45am On Oct 01, 2016
analice107:

Who am i to feel what is wrong or Right.

I am because he decided i shd be. I am female because he wanted me to. If he wanted me a flower that's what i'd ve been.

Just like a clay pot has no right to question its maker what shape or size it is made, so also i can't question God as to what he has decided about his Creation.

God didn't leave you without an option you know, but you are too intelligent to ask yourself why you just can't bring yourself accept what he has offered freely.

What is actually wrong in accepting Christ?

When we talk to the right, you swing to the left, When we meet you up on the left, you swing to the right, always looking for something to malign about. Keep it up.

Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?
Romans:9:20

Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?
Romans:9:21

What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
Romans:9:22

Keep rebelling. Now that you have the opportunity to accept the free gift of the New Life in Christ, you are claiming sense. E go reach you very soon. no worry. Shey God na your mate?
Perhaps I am like this because He made me that way too- imbued with a healthy level of skepticism.

2 Likes

Re: Can Souls In Hell Be Forgiven, Saved And Still Go To Heaven? by branhampaul: 8:12am On Oct 01, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I love ''Branhamite'' gospel. Their hell isn't eternal and they teach predestination ie What will be will be.
If Hell Fire Should Be Eternal, Then It Means The People Burning In It Also Have Eternal Life.. Think Na
But Only Those In Christ Have Eternal Life..
Eternity Is Like A Ring, It Has No Beginning & No Ending..
& Remember That Anything That Has A Beginning HAs An Ending Also..
Re: Can Souls In Hell Be Forgiven, Saved And Still Go To Heaven? by Peacefullove: 9:10am On Oct 01, 2016
solite3:
Matthew 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Matthew 5:29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Matthew 5:30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Matthew 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Matthew 18:9 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire

JESUS WAS NOT JOKING!

HELL IS REAL AND FOR ETERNITY!!

this boy don start quoting what he doesn't understand , abeg explain that Matthew 10:28 o . I found it interesting
Re: Can Souls In Hell Be Forgiven, Saved And Still Go To Heaven? by Peacefullove: 9:17am On Oct 01, 2016
Pidggin:

Go and read the story of Lazarus and the rich man. Right now, you have many Christians preaching the message of the good news to you daily yet you are waiting to be sent to hell before you repent. There shall be a void between those in hell and those in heaven, be wise.

but in the story you are talking about the richman isn't in hellfire now . he was in Hades . a place of inactivity according to your bible in Eccl 9 verse 10 . and the same place Jesus go , don't tell me Jesus is a sinner too grin grin

according to this story , the richman has some knowledge like his family , brothers e.t.c but Ecc 9:10 says there is no knowledge in Hades . kindly explain this bible contradiction ?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' / Arresting Apostle Johnson Suleman Will Create Problems For Buhari – Group Warns / Rev Esther Prays For God To Touch Prophet Israel Genesis' Heart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.