Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,831 members, 7,802,663 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:28 PM

You Are Mad! Osinbajo Has A Message For Some Government Officials - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Are Mad! Osinbajo Has A Message For Some Government Officials (359 Views)

Impeachment Axe Against Osinbajo: Has Senate Lost It? - By Jideofor Adibe / List Of Things Osinbajo Has Done In One Month Of Buhari's Absence / Anybody In Government Looking For Money Is Mad–osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1)

You Are Mad! Osinbajo Has A Message For Some Government Officials by Nobody: 11:22am On Sep 30, 2016
Osinbajo says governance is not for making money.

– Professor Yemi Osinbajo said anyone coming into government to make money is mad

– The vice president noted that militants were contributing to economic recession

– He said the president ordered that killer herdsmen be punished

Professor Yemi Osinbajo has described as mad any official who is in government solely to accumulate wealth.

The Punch reports that the vice president made this comment while receiving a delegation of Christian Ministers Welfare Initiative also known as the Pastors’ Forum, Taraba State, at the Presidential Villa in Abuja.

Osinbajo said President Muhammadu Buhari was always telling him that the only thing he wanted was to see Nigeria great.

“This morning, I had a meeting with the President and he repeated to me twice, he said ‘at my age, there is only one thing I am looking for, I want to see a great Nigeria.’ He has no other objective and I feel very inspired by that.”

He said anyone who had the opportunity to be president should look towards making the country better.

“It is madness for anybody in our position to be looking for money.

“According to him, God put people in a position of authority for them to be able to do something for their people.

“I think if any Nigerian gets the chance to be President of the country, there is nothing he/she is looking for anymore, except that, while there, you improve the lot of the people.”

Osinbajo said the level of corruption recorded in Nigeria was enough to throw the country into recession.

He expressed sadness in the fact that while the north east was being ravaged by Boko Haram, the country could not account for $15bn meant for the purchase of arms.

He said Nigeria had lost several millions of barrels of crude oil due to the activities of militants in the Niger Delta and that this has also affected generation of power due to shortage of gas.

The vice president said at the time they were destroying pipelines, they were still being paid their stipend.

“Nothing changed, the only reason is that we are investigating people who have stolen money.”

He said one billion barrels of oil was lost per day due to the activities militants and said no country would lose that and not be affected by economic challenges.

“There is no question at all, God has a reason for bringing us in at this time and God helping us, we will see a change in this country.”

He said criminals were responsible for herdsmen violent attacks and said President Buhari had ordered soldiers to deal with them.

https://www.naij.com/989229-mad-osinbajo-message-government-officials.html?source=index_main
Re: You Are Mad! Osinbajo Has A Message For Some Government Officials by Mynd44: 11:32am On Sep 30, 2016

(1)

Read How Nigeria Lost $17 Billion In Oil Under Goodluck Jonathan / Today Is World Zombie Day / These Are Major Reasons Why Nigeria Is Now In Reccession

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.