Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:26 AM

5 Qualities To Look Out For When Looking For A Long-term Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 5 Qualities To Look Out For When Looking For A Long-term Relationship (30506 Views)

5 Qualities You Should Consider Minor In Marriage! / 5 Qualities To Look Out For When Looking For A Long-term Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Qualities To Look Out For When Looking For A Long-term Relationship by importexpert(m): 1:19pm On Sep 30, 2016
When young, most of the people are only interested in how a person looks and how he/she makes them look when in public places. When they get older and looking for life partners, many people look for other qualities other looks. If you are at that stage where you feel that you are ready to settle down, here are the qualities that you should look out for in a partner:

1. Shared interests

According to relationship experts, having common interests strengthens a relationship. The common interests can be as simple as having a fondness for certain types of food or as advanced as completing a complex puzzle. When you have common interests with your partner you will have something to talk about. This brings you closer thus you live with your partner for a long time without getting bored. When looking for a partner, you shouldn't look for one that shares all of your interests. One common interest is enough to bring you close thus have a beautiful, long term relationship.

2. Respect

It's always recommended that you be open in your relationship. This calls for you to tell your spouse all the necessary details. The details should be both good and bad. While this is the case, you shouldn't be disrespectful. When your partner makes a mistake, you should correct him/her respectfully. For your relationship to last for a long time, you should respect each other. As rule of thumb, you should never bring down your partner.

3. Maturity

Maturity isn't acting all "grown up" such as not watching cartoons or laughing at booby jokes. Maturity is the ability to tell right from wrong, take responsibility for actions, and solve problems when you come across. If your partner is always blaming the government, traffic, boss or anyone else for something, he/she isn't mature and you should be wary when working with him/her.

4. Responsible

Maintaining a long-term relationship requires both of you to be responsible. One common feature of a long-term relationship is children. The last thing that you want is living with a partner who can't provide for the children or take good care of you. Your partner doesn't necessary need to have a lot of money but he/she should have some levels of security.

5. Fun

While your partner should be responsible and serious in life, he/she should also be fun to be with. Your partner should be able to laugh away the life inconveniences, make fun of normal occurrences and laugh at himself/herself. A partner with a sense of humor isn't boring and helps you have a fun look on life. While a sense of humor is great, you should stay away from a person who makes fun of other people.

Conclusion

These are the features that you should look out for when looking for a partner. Getting the right partner takes time thus you should be patient in your search.

45 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 5 Qualities To Look Out For When Looking For A Long-term Relationship by importexpert(m): 1:22pm On Sep 30, 2016
you can see my works on importation at www.importsng.com

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Qualities To Look Out For When Looking For A Long-term Relationship by Nobody: 1:27pm On Sep 30, 2016
okay undecided
Re: 5 Qualities To Look Out For When Looking For A Long-term Relationship by hahn(m): 1:29pm On Sep 30, 2016
6. Cooking: Both husband and wife must be able to cook.

I love food grin

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Qualities To Look Out For When Looking For A Long-term Relationship by importexpert(m): 7:03pm On Sep 30, 2016
hahn:
6. Cooking: Both husband and wife must be able to cook.

I love food grin

guy you are claiming you know how to cook, cook something lets give lalasticlala to judge its taste tongue. you and food are more of twins grin
Re: 5 Qualities To Look Out For When Looking For A Long-term Relationship by hahn(m): 7:07pm On Sep 30, 2016
importexpert:

guy you are claiming you know how to cook, cook something lets give lalasticlala to judge its taste tongue. you and food are more of twins grin

I can invite you to my house o. For real.

Good food, good weed, good sex, good money($1m and above) are my thing grin

4 Likes

Re: 5 Qualities To Look Out For When Looking For A Long-term Relationship by KingRex1(m): 7:51pm On Sep 30, 2016
importexpert:

Import expert I thought na only business u sabi o.
So u do relationship tns too shocked grin

3 Likes

Re: 5 Qualities To Look Out For When Looking For A Long-term Relationship by Countrygirl(f): 7:59pm On Sep 30, 2016
this is nicely written

1 Like

Re: 5 Qualities To Look Out For When Looking For A Long-term Relationship by importexpert(m): 8:26pm On Sep 30, 2016
hahn:

I can invite you to my house o. For real.

Good food, good weed, good sex, good money($1m and above) are my thing grin

i can see that you are after everything good, i pray that you will not land in good trouble grin

14 Likes

Re: 5 Qualities To Look Out For When Looking For A Long-term Relationship by importexpert(m): 8:36pm On Sep 30, 2016
KingRex1:

Import expert I thought na only business u sabi o.
So u do relationship tns too shocked grin

yes bro. all work no play makes mynd44 a """"" boy grin

3 Likes

Re: 5 Qualities To Look Out For When Looking For A Long-term Relationship by hahn(m): 8:42pm On Sep 30, 2016
importexpert:

i can see that you are after everything good, i pray that you will not land in good trouble grin

Don't bother. Prayers don't work tongue
Re: 5 Qualities To Look Out For When Looking For A Long-term Relationship by importexpert(m): 9:55pm On Sep 30, 2016
Countrygirl:
this is nicely written

thanks sister.
Re: 5 Qualities To Look Out For When Looking For A Long-term Relationship by importexpert(m): 9:57pm On Sep 30, 2016
hahn:

Don't bother. Prayers don't work tongue

prayers dont work but if you have a little night mare or bad dream you will start praying like Pastor T.B Joshua cheesy
Re: 5 Qualities To Look Out For When Looking For A Long-term Relationship by Nobody: 9:58pm On Sep 30, 2016
importexpert:

claiming that you*
GST 121

2 Likes

Re: 5 Qualities To Look Out For When Looking For A Long-term Relationship by hahn(m): 10:06pm On Sep 30, 2016
importexpert:

prayers dont work but if you have a little night mare or bad dream you will start praying like Pastor T.B Joshua cheesy

Lol. Jumping to conclusions and basing your ideas on assumptions is bad for business bro. Not everyone is deluded wink
Re: 5 Qualities To Look Out For When Looking For A Long-term Relationship by Zellie: 10:16pm On Sep 30, 2016
Two and three smiley
Re: 5 Qualities To Look Out For When Looking For A Long-term Relationship by importexpert(m): 10:54pm On Sep 30, 2016
bbmpin:

claiming that you*
GST 121

can you please come again cheesy?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Qualities To Look Out For When Looking For A Long-term Relationship by importexpert(m): 10:57pm On Sep 30, 2016
hahn:

Lol. Jumping to conclusions and basing your ideas on assumptions is bad for business bro. Not everyone is deluded wink

hhhh ok since you say so cheesy
Re: 5 Qualities To Look Out For When Looking For A Long-term Relationship by importexpert(m): 10:58pm On Sep 30, 2016
Zellie:
Two and three smiley

somebody says cooking, what do you think about it cheesy?
Re: 5 Qualities To Look Out For When Looking For A Long-term Relationship by bitchcrafts: 11:24pm On Sep 30, 2016
1. How well we flow ?

2. Can dhe take care of herself to a remarkable extent emotionally?

3. How well does she carry herself; composure, dressing and style.

4.My heart melts easily when she has a nice smile , a well packaged set af white sparkly dentals lol...

I too like better thing i know grin
Re: 5 Qualities To Look Out For When Looking For A Long-term Relationship by Zellie: 12:52am On Oct 01, 2016
importexpert:

somebody says cooking, what do you think about it cheesy?
That's a personal thing
Re: 5 Qualities To Look Out For When Looking For A Long-term Relationship by importexpert(m): 8:22am On Oct 01, 2016
bitchcrafts:
1. How well we flow ?

2. Can dhe take care of herself to a remarkable extent emotionally?

3. How well does she carry herself; composure, dressing and style.

4.My heart melts easily when she has a nice smile , a well packaged set af white sparkly dentals lol...

I too like better thing i know grin

lovely points bro. i have seen her on NL. she will arrive the thread soon. once she come just strike cheesy

1 Like

Re: 5 Qualities To Look Out For When Looking For A Long-term Relationship by importexpert(m): 10:48am On Oct 01, 2016
good day to everyone on the thread
Re: 5 Qualities To Look Out For When Looking For A Long-term Relationship by KingRex1(m): 4:09pm On Oct 01, 2016
importexpert:

yes bro. all work no play makes mynd44 a """"" boy grin
lol, lala is included too
Re: 5 Qualities To Look Out For When Looking For A Long-term Relationship by importexpert(m): 1:13am On Oct 02, 2016
KingRex1:
lol, lala is included too

do you mean lalasticlala cheesy?

1 Like

Re: 5 Qualities To Look Out For When Looking For A Long-term Relationship by Nobody: 1:53pm On Oct 02, 2016
Show me the money ¥€£$
Re: 5 Qualities To Look Out For When Looking For A Long-term Relationship by Nobody: 1:55pm On Oct 02, 2016
All these guidelines really bore me, like seriously.
I don't live by rules
Re: 5 Qualities To Look Out For When Looking For A Long-term Relationship by Nobody: 1:55pm On Oct 02, 2016
Faithfulness and Understanding is key in any relationship..forget all dis una list...
Re: 5 Qualities To Look Out For When Looking For A Long-term Relationship by Vickiweezy(m): 1:55pm On Oct 02, 2016
5 Qualities To Look Out For When Looking For A Long-term Relationship

When young, most of the people are only interested in how a person looks and how he/she makes them look when in public places. When they get older and looking for life partners, many people look for other qualities other looks. If you are at that stage where you feel that you are ready to settle down, here are the qualities that you should look out for in a partner:

1. M

Makes money; earns money in quantum.

2. O

Owns money; has stacks of money in bank accounts, safes, buried underground, etc.

3. N

Nurtures money; takes good care of money, arranges them well.

4. E

Eats money; spends like a boss, cos there's always more.

5. Y

Yearns for more money; longs for more money even though there's more than enough.

Conclusion

These (MONEY) are the features that you should look out for when looking for a partner. Getting the right partner takes time thus you should be patient in your search.

5 Likes

Nicely put.
Re: 5 Qualities To Look Out For When Looking For A Long-term Relationship by Viktor1983(m): 1:56pm On Oct 02, 2016
importexpert:

To cook Something? Snake meat? That's lalasticlala favorite stuff
Re: 5 Qualities To Look Out For When Looking For A Long-term Relationship by Nobody: 1:56pm On Oct 02, 2016
Numero Uno: Is the money long? The relationship can last as long as the money grin

Don't quote me please, I have a fever.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Beautiful Pre-Wedding Pictures Of A Nairalander / Guys: 6 Things That Will Make Her Leave (photos) / Gift Items Presented To A Northern Bride By Her Grooms Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.