Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:03 AM

Lexus RX 350 2008 Model Issues - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Lexus RX 350 2008 Model Issues (6964 Views)

Lexus RX 330 Vs Lexus RX 350: What Are Different Points? / 2018 Lexus RX L Released With Third Row Seat (photos) / Lexus RX 350 2008 Model For Sale. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lexus RX 350 2008 Model Issues by kinremi(m): 1:54pm On Sep 30, 2016
Hello All,

Please I need serious help. My Lexus Rx350 2008 model SUV has the check engine and VSC lights flashing. Each time its flashing the power and performance of the engine reduces. I haad a scan run on it and I have P300 code - cylinder misfire. All that can be done has been done even to the extent of changing all the spark and ignition plugs but still the problem persists.

Please what can I do, spending a lot on the car. Could it be electrical problems?
Re: Lexus RX 350 2008 Model Issues by Nobody: 2:42pm On Sep 30, 2016
@Kinremi what type of spark plug did you replace with? Some of the spark plugs you see out dere are not original and how much did dey buy the plugs?

Also i would like to know after changing the spark plugs did they erase the check engine light? Your technician will have to check the braking system which has a link with the Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) that reduces the engine performance of the vehicle by intermittently locking the wheels.

You can contact me for more info 07032761155
Re: Lexus RX 350 2008 Model Issues by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:53pm On Sep 30, 2016
kinremi:
Hello All,

Please I need serious help. My Lexus Rx350 2008 model SUV has the check engine and VSC lights flashing. Each time its flashing the power and performance of the engine reduces. I haad a scan run on it and I have P300 code - cylinder misfire. All that can be done has been done even to the extent of changing all the spark and ignition plugs but still the problem persists.

Please what can I do, spending a lot on the car. Could it be electrical problems?

Sparkplug part number? Have you checked the spray pattern on the injectors? What is fuel pressure status? Maf cleand and output ok? There's a lot to fixing a multiple cylinder misfire on a 2gr-FE asides spark plugs.

1 Like

Re: Lexus RX 350 2008 Model Issues by sooperrescue(m): 7:59pm On Sep 30, 2016
Make i nor shout too much, get an octane booster and it will resolve the problem. Lexus requires premium unleaded fuel only and that is not available locally
Re: Lexus RX 350 2008 Model Issues by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:30pm On Sep 30, 2016
I would love to agree with you sooperrescue, but how do you explain the fact that when the car came in to naija it worked well for a couple of months/years?

2 Likes

Re: Lexus RX 350 2008 Model Issues by mayor2013: 9:25pm On Sep 30, 2016
A lot of things can cause a misfire. Use a fuel injectors tester to carry out a leak test and spray pattern test on all fuel injectors. If you need to carry out this test and slove the problem of your car, call multiautolab on 08156087872 or 08165520837
Re: Lexus RX 350 2008 Model Issues by diportivo: 9:33pm On Sep 30, 2016
GAZZUZZ:
but how do you explain the fact that when the car came in to naija it worked well for a couple of months/years?

Well,the owner brought some premium fuel from Yankee na

Dollar no make am easy again

2 Likes

Re: Lexus RX 350 2008 Model Issues by sooperrescue(m): 9:44pm On Sep 30, 2016
Gazz, whenever any of these cars enter the country and as it is leaving the port and you buy fuel at any station, the check engine comes up. As per toyota and lexus, the traction light comes up any time the check engine comes on. And in most cases, aside from multiple misfire faults, the oxygen sensors are also faulty. There is nothing that can be done to remedy the situation except he boosts the fuel. Euro v cars dont work well with our fuel
Re: Lexus RX 350 2008 Model Issues by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:54pm On Sep 30, 2016
sooperrescue:
Gazz, whenever any of these cars enter the country and as it is leaving the port and you buy fuel at any station, the check engine comes up. As per toyota and lexus, the traction light comes up any time the check engine comes on. And in most cases, aside from multiple misfire faults, the oxygen sensors are also faulty. There is nothing that can be done to remedy the situation except he boosts the fuel. Euro v cars dont work well with our fuel

I disagree sir.

Iv got over 20 clients with such engine types, without check engine lights, a couple of them are on NL. Our fuel is bad, but problems like this can be fixed easily.

[size=1pt]kingreign[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Lexus RX 350 2008 Model Issues by sooperrescue(m): 4:56am On Oct 01, 2016
We dont have bad fuel, we use regular unleaded and Lexus does not fit the fuel. If you have cases like this that has been solved, it is good but are those cars using our fuel because when a car says reduced engine performance, it says a lot about the combustion, poor combustion. And poor fuel economy and the car computer has reduced its performance to compensate for the low octane fuel...
Re: Lexus RX 350 2008 Model Issues by boldx(m): 6:07am On Oct 01, 2016
I tend to believe Sooperrescue has more theoretical knowledge of cars and Gazzuzz more practical knowledge. Click 'like' if you agree and 'share' if you disagree.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lexus RX 350 2008 Model Issues by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:29am On Oct 01, 2016
boldx:
I tend to believe Sooperrescue has more theoretical knowledge of cars and Gazzuzz more practical knowledge. Click 'like' if you agree and 'share' if you disagree.

sooperrescue has more theoretical and practical knowledge.

1 Like

Re: Lexus RX 350 2008 Model Issues by kingreign(m): 8:38am On Oct 01, 2016
sooperrescue:
Make i nor shout too much, get an octane booster and it will resolve the problem. Lexus requires premium unleaded fuel only and that is not available locally
in as much as i respect your experiences and practicality, i will have to disagree with you on this. A lexus gx, rx and es are one of the most tolerant premium cars around, yes, their manufacturer requires premium fuel, however, in the absence of the premium fuel, these vehicles can still perform well and still last as long as their toyota siblings with a slight loss in Horsepowers (well, who needs the 270bhp when you're not running US interstate highway 63 or autobahn?), that asides, these octane boosters and injector cleaners could cause more harm to a toyota/lexus than you feel.

This info is coming from someone whos been fixing lexus and also owns an RX for 2yrs 9 months.
Re: Lexus RX 350 2008 Model Issues by kingreign(m): 9:47am On Oct 01, 2016
amodu28:
@Kinremi what type of spark plug did you replace with? Some of the spark plugs you see out dere are not original and how much did dey buy the plugs?

Also i would like to know after changing the spark plugs did they erase the check engine light? Your technician will have to check the braking system which has a link with the Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) that reduces the engine performance of the vehicle by intermittently locking the wheels.

You can contact me for more info 07032761155
toyuota/lexus/scion do not lock their wheels during LIMP mode. the VSC comes on whenever anything triggers the check engine light to illuminate. it only robs the driver of approx 20hp (whih is barey noticeable in everyday driving). If the cause of the CEL is tackled and solved, the VSC goes.
Re: Lexus RX 350 2008 Model Issues by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:54am On Oct 01, 2016

3 Likes

Re: Lexus RX 350 2008 Model Issues by sooperrescue(m): 11:19am On Oct 01, 2016
kingreign:

in as much as i respect your experiences and practicality, i will have to disagree with you on this. A lexus gx, rx and es are one of the most tolerant premium cars around, yes, their manufacturer requires premium fuel, however, in the absence of the premium fuel, these vehicles can still perform well and still last as long as their toyota siblings with a slight loss in Horsepowers (well, who needs the 270bhp when you're not running US interstate highway 63 or autobahn?), that asides, these octane boosters and injector cleaners could cause more harm to a toyota/lexus than you feel.
This info is coming from someone whos been fixing lexus and also owns an RX for 2yrs 9 months
My Oga in abj, I used to be fortunate to be fixing Toyotas like Gazz and you until I decided to dare into other things. I have never owned one but I know what happens when this Lexus misfires. They are very tolerant of the regular fuel but the long term cost is to change the engine.
Re: Lexus RX 350 2008 Model Issues by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:26pm On Oct 01, 2016
And another client drives in with a misfire..... I'll let you know how it goes at the end of today grin

Re: Lexus RX 350 2008 Model Issues by coccoduck: 8:08pm On Oct 01, 2016
P0300 is the code for random misfire, which means it is affecting all the cylinders, your engine needs three things to work well, they are Fuel, spark and compression, one of them missing, you must find out the one that is missing before you change anything, since it's a 2008 model, each cylinder has its own coil, and all the coils and plugs CANNOT go bad at the same time, so it's not a spark problem, so you have to rule out spark plug change, even of you like change the plugs a million times, it won't help you, you must concentrate on the two other things, Gazuzz talked about fuel, that is one good place to focus, because the cylinders get fuel from the same fuel tank and pump. Another is the compression, that is air, all the cylinders get air from one source, so if anything blocks air flow it will affect all the cylinders, things like clogged air filter, another thing
did your engine recently overheat?
Re: Lexus RX 350 2008 Model Issues by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:24pm On Oct 01, 2016
a fuelpump assy, cleaned injectors, cleaned sparkplugs, cleaned MAF, cleaned and re learned idle and misfire is gone for good car driven hard and gentle over ~100miles no codes appeared.

Misfires can be easily fixed on a 2GR-FE.

4 Likes

Re: Lexus RX 350 2008 Model Issues by boldx(m): 6:45am On Oct 02, 2016
I still believe even though Lexus cars may need premium fuel, with a good maintenance culture, you dont have to change your engine on the long run. Well done Gazzuzz.

1 Like

Re: Lexus RX 350 2008 Model Issues by kinremi(m): 9:50am On Oct 02, 2016
Thank you everyone that has contributed. please see below other things that happened.

1. The car was purchased as tokunbo since Feb 2015 and has been performing very fine till now that the check engine light came up and flashing.
2. I remember there was a time my mechanic said i need to change the the silencer pot but he advised that instead of changing it completely he talked something about "mofla" (I might not get the right spelling pls pardon me) and that was done, not long the check engine light came up but was not flashing.
3. After few months the engine light started flashing
4. few days weeks ago the car overheated because i forgot to lock the radiator cover and the gasket was changed (before this the check engine has been flashing)
5. Now the engine is not overheating, the coils and the spark plugs are changed, the codes were reset or cleaned.

6. But the check engine light is not off and after few minutes of driving it comes flashing and power reduce with a mild vibration.

before the silencer pot itch the engine light does not come on, the vsc light only comes on if i use a bend sharply but we go off by itsef.

I am suspecting the silencer pot I don't know if I should replace it completely.

Please what is ur suggestion.
Re: Lexus RX 350 2008 Model Issues by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:20pm On Oct 02, 2016
kinremi:
Thank you everyone that has contributed. please see below other things that happened.

1. The car was purchased as tokunbo since Feb 2015 and has been performing very fine till now that the check engine light came up and flashing.
2. I remember there was a time my mechanic said i need to change the the silencer pot but he advised that instead of changing it completely he talked something about "mofla" (I might not get the right spelling pls pardon me) and that was done, not long the check engine light came up but was not flashing.
4. few days weeks ago the car overheated because i forgot to lock the radiator cover and the gasket was changed (before this the check engine has been flashing)
5. Now the engine is not overheating, the coils and the spark plugs are changed, the codes were reset or cleaned.

6. But the check engine light is not off and after few minutes of driving it comes flashing and power reduce with a mild vibration.

before the silencer pot itch the engine light does not come on, the vsc light only comes on if i use a bend sharply but we go off by itsef.

I am suspecting the silencer pot I don't know if I should replace it completely.

Mehn your case Bad o!
Re: Lexus RX 350 2008 Model Issues by kingreign(m): 12:26pm On Oct 02, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Mehn your case Bad o!
omor mehn, i see am start to dey feel sad for the guy for this chanji era fa!. embarassed cry
Re: Lexus RX 350 2008 Model Issues by sultaan(m): 12:28pm On Oct 02, 2016
kinremi:

This should have been your first post and you would have known the problem, some call it 'kazeem'

Basically your mechanic put your car on a slippery slope and you are not very good with cars.

A lot of other things has been touched by your mechanic sometimes its useless to diagnose unless they physically see what else is wrong.

If you don't drive around with a misfire your cats won't go bad.
Re: Lexus RX 350 2008 Model Issues by kingreign(m): 12:35pm On Oct 02, 2016
kinremi:

hope you know your mechanic and you combine to woundjure that innocent motor?
change the technician you patronize.
where's your location?
Re: Lexus RX 350 2008 Model Issues by kinremi(m): 12:42pm On Oct 02, 2016
@ GAZZUZZ - But I was told the cat is still good that is why they use the mofla stuff, chai I don enter am....

@ kingreign - I am based in Lagos, Ago palace...... I have changed the mechanic and the new mechanic too seem to be confused ... grin grin

What do i need to do ..... cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

Should I change the silencer pot, how much can it cost?
Re: Lexus RX 350 2008 Model Issues by sooperrescue(m): 1:10pm On Oct 02, 2016
Dont run away from una responsibilities, gazz and kingreign, fix the car online

3 Likes

Re: Lexus RX 350 2008 Model Issues by kingreign(m): 1:27pm On Oct 02, 2016
kinremi:
@ GAZZUZZ - But I was told the cat is still good that is why they use the mofla stuff, chai I don enter am....

@ kingreign - I am based in Lagos, Ago palace...... I have changed the mechanic and the new mechanic too seem to be confused ... grin grin

What do i need to do ..... cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

Should I change the silencer pot, how much can it cost?
scan first and do compression test also.
contact Sooperrescue, hes based in Lagos close to your area, and has knowledge about how to fix these challenges in cars.
Re: Lexus RX 350 2008 Model Issues by honmusa(m): 1:56pm On Oct 02, 2016
kinremi:

Various kazeem modification and trial and error has caused more problems in the long run.
Don't change any part until you have a professional who knows is onion has help to diagnose the fault with 100% accuracy, or else you will be wasting money throwing part to problem
Contact autologic @08061166316 to diagnose and resolve all your issue with precision . Autologic is a expert in car performance Diagnostic and repair.
Re: Lexus RX 350 2008 Model Issues by boldx(m): 2:48pm On Oct 02, 2016
Remove that constructed muffler thing those guys did in your exhaust and some code will disappear.
Re: Lexus RX 350 2008 Model Issues by sooperrescue(m): 3:15pm On Oct 02, 2016
kingreign:
scan first and do compression test also.
contact Sooperrescue, hes based in Lagos close to your area, and has knowledge about how to fix these challenges in cars.

Kai, don't say that. Na theory I sabi, you and my Gazzuz be the practical experienced guys. I don't fix Lexus brand
Re: Lexus RX 350 2008 Model Issues by sultaan(m): 5:48pm On Oct 02, 2016
sooperrescue:

Kai, don't say that. Na theory I sabi, you and my Gazzuz be the practical experienced guys. I don't fix Lexus brand

But the man has been investing in some Kazeem economies staving off the recession, let him bless you a little.

OP your car is one of the newer models and you can't diagnose it without the proper equipment our mechanics might not have.

everything they have done is guess and more guess. Find competent hands and hope it can be saved.

You drove your car till it overheated, that does not necessarily mean burnt gasket unless you ignored all the warning lights and steam like most inattentive users If your mechanic said he worked on your gasket because you saw steam and never confirmed you actually messed your engine up give cool wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help Me Make A Choice Between Buying A 2014 GLK 350 Or Ml350 / . / Toyota Matrix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.