Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:00 PM

APGA Condemns Outcome Of Edo Governorship Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APGA Condemns Outcome Of Edo Governorship Election (16745 Views)

Edo Governorship Results In Tabular Form As Announced So Far by INEC / INEC Announces Results Of Edo Governorship Election: Live Updates / Witches And Wizards Speak On Edo Governorship Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

APGA Condemns Outcome Of Edo Governorship Election by StepTwo: 2:45pm On Sep 30, 2016
The All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA), one of the political parties that took part in Edo State governorship election on Wednesday, has condemned the outcome of the election.

Godwin Obaseki of the All Progressives Congress was declared winner of the election that had 19 political parties vying for the governorship seat.

But the National Chairman of APGA, Dr. Victor Oye, condemned the outcome of the election, describing the way his party was treated as contemptuous, callous and malicious.

He expressed surprise that the 876 votes allotted to his party was deliberately done to humiliate and intimidate its members because of the massive attractions the party had among the people of Edo during preparations for the election.

Dr. Oye wondered how the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) came to 876 votes when the support for the party cut across the three political zones of the state.

Remain Peaceful And Prayerful
He requested that INEC should produce the results collated at each polling unit and get a forensic expert to examine each of them.

“The outcome of the scrutiny would definitely shock the world.
“The results collated by our polling agents showed that APGA garnered over 30,000 votes.

“Some fraudulent persons traded with the APGA’s votes to make up for their own votes in order to win the election at all costs,” he claimed.

He congratulated APGA supporters in Edo State for their doggedness and unrelenting support, urging them not to be fazed by the outcome of the election, as it did not reflect what actually transpired.

“Remain calm, peaceful and prayerful. It will not be long before the world will know the truth. Truth is unassailable,” he stated.

A statement by a spokesman for the political party, Ifeanacho Oguejiofor, said the leader of APGA also praised its candidate, Osaro Onaiwu, for his innovative style of campaign that sent shock waves across the state, saying that the campaign “forced the two leading parties to plot to silence him by squandering his votes and allocating a paltry 876 votes to him”.

The APGA boss assured his members that brighter days lie ahead, as the party would intensify its awareness campaigns across Nigeria, as a way of shoring up its membership.

He called on President Muhammadu Buhari to continue with unremitting intensity in his electoral reforms and to bear in mind that ‘democracy is a process and not a destination’.

Dr. Oye stressed that Nigeria’s democracy could only attain its full heights when elections were conducted with fineness and credibility.

Before the final result of the election was announced by the electoral body, the candidate of APGA in the election, Mr Onaiwu, called for a total cancellation of the election , claiming there were irregularities.

www.channelstv.com/2016/09/30/apga-condemns-outcome-edo-governorship-election/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=channelstv

Re: APGA Condemns Outcome Of Edo Governorship Election by Nobody: 2:50pm On Sep 30, 2016
A statement by a spokesman for the political party, Ifeanacho Oguejiofor, said the leader of APGA also praised its candidate, Osaro Onaiwu, for his innovative style of campaign that sent shock waves across the state, saying that the campaign “forced the two leading parties to plot to silence him by squandering his votes and allocating a paltry 876 votes to him”.

hahahahha. very hilarious.
Which means according to APGA, both PDP and APC added APGA vote to their votes.
Where PDP have political power, they will add APGA vote to their vote.
Where APC have political power, they will add APGA vote to their vote.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: APGA Condemns Outcome Of Edo Governorship Election by Kyase(m): 2:57pm On Sep 30, 2016
Go to court-PDP 2011

7 Likes

Re: APGA Condemns Outcome Of Edo Governorship Election by rusher14: 2:58pm On Sep 30, 2016
APGA almost won.

Give them the bronze medal.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: APGA Condemns Outcome Of Edo Governorship Election by NOC1(m): 3:13pm On Sep 30, 2016
Lol even APGA, what an interlude to this meeting everybody here is laughing.

2 Likes

Re: APGA Condemns Outcome Of Edo Governorship Election by CSTR2: 3:27pm On Sep 30, 2016
The only people happy or pleased with the outcome is APC.
All the other political parties from APGA to KOWA are disgusted at the blatant electoral corruption.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: APGA Condemns Outcome Of Edo Governorship Election by JingoOAU(m): 3:31pm On Sep 30, 2016
CSTR2:
The only people happy or pleased with the outcome is APC.
All the other political parties from APGA to KOWA are disgusted at the blatant electoral corruption.

Stop thinking like an slowpoke

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APGA Condemns Outcome Of Edo Governorship Election by CSTR2: 3:32pm On Sep 30, 2016
JingoOAU:

There is more rationality in my toe nails than in your entire mind.
A hollow victory enjoyed and applauded only by the APC and their numerous online louts.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: APGA Condemns Outcome Of Edo Governorship Election by genearts(m): 3:43pm On Sep 30, 2016
All these politicians will just be throwing figures upandan. Why can't they give us the actual number of votes they got ward by ward, lg by lg instead of just saying "over 30000" votes.

10 Likes

Re: APGA Condemns Outcome Of Edo Governorship Election by Zellie: 3:58pm On Sep 30, 2016
876 or 30,000 , won't have made any difference, they still lost. And Oshiomole, being a devoted Christian, doesn't like wastage because it is a sin, suggested that they add APGA's votes to their own so they won't waste. You can't blame them... This is from a very reliable source

Heil APC!!

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: APGA Condemns Outcome Of Edo Governorship Election by MyVision2020: 4:05pm On Sep 30, 2016
corruption fighters indeed!

jokers.... grin
Re: APGA Condemns Outcome Of Edo Governorship Election by Nobody: 4:32pm On Sep 30, 2016
I think a party named pdc stole many pdp's votes. That party was created by the opponent of PDP to frustrate their votes. Since many illiterates will think they are same. I saw that without a candidate, they have hundreds of votes in many wards, I was just laughing when they were reading the results. I am sure their logo will be close in design to PDP own.politics, eh?smh

4 Likes

Re: APGA Condemns Outcome Of Edo Governorship Election by donbrowser(m): 4:36pm On Sep 30, 2016
There is really something fishy about this result;
1. Why were the media and press refused entry?
2. Why was counting post-poned till the next day?
3. Why has INEC not answered the question of releasing different results in contrast to the ones with some party agents?
4. Oyegun lost his ward!
Think before you quote me
++ The guy above me is sex-starved... Read his post 2ce, you will understand

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: APGA Condemns Outcome Of Edo Governorship Election by veekid(m): 4:37pm On Sep 30, 2016
Who wan die for APGA again?

1 Like

Re: APGA Condemns Outcome Of Edo Governorship Election by jaywhoco(m): 4:37pm On Sep 30, 2016
JingoOAU:

'an' slowpoke. Jesu Kristi!

6 Likes

Re: APGA Condemns Outcome Of Edo Governorship Election by samx4real(m): 4:37pm On Sep 30, 2016
Oshobaba has don to Edo people what PDP did to him...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: APGA Condemns Outcome Of Edo Governorship Election by doskie(m): 4:38pm On Sep 30, 2016
A quick question.
I have 982 likes on nairaland.
If it gets to 1000, will I become a mod?
Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: APGA Condemns Outcome Of Edo Governorship Election by efilefun(m): 4:38pm On Sep 30, 2016
What's the difference between APGA and PDP

1 Like

Re: APGA Condemns Outcome Of Edo Governorship Election by Wolfbrother(m): 4:39pm On Sep 30, 2016

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APGA Condemns Outcome Of Edo Governorship Election by nextstep(m): 4:39pm On Sep 30, 2016
Na wah oh... we are a nation of sore losers... nobody wants to concede defeat without heaping blame elsewhere.

2 Likes

Re: APGA Condemns Outcome Of Edo Governorship Election by wolesmile(m): 4:39pm On Sep 30, 2016
Ariwo lasan! Ordinary noise.

2 Likes

Re: APGA Condemns Outcome Of Edo Governorship Election by Donpressman(m): 4:40pm On Sep 30, 2016
APC is a shame

3 Likes

Re: APGA Condemns Outcome Of Edo Governorship Election by Donpressman(m): 4:42pm On Sep 30, 2016
nextstep:
Na wah oh... we are a nation of sore losers... nobody wants to concede defeat without heaping blame elsewhere.
Shut up with your sore loser ish.... The election was rigged. Even APC members know that. So whatz the fuzz all about. They won Yes.. They rigged Yes too.... Suffering continues in Edo Resounding Yes too..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: APGA Condemns Outcome Of Edo Governorship Election by Neyo44(m): 4:42pm On Sep 30, 2016
Accept your faith and move on...You can't rewrite history,so accept APC into your life and be transformed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APGA Condemns Outcome Of Edo Governorship Election by soccerpundit(m): 4:43pm On Sep 30, 2016
...i just pity some people who'll waste their hard earned data just to read election news in Nigeria.

Election in Nigeria is a fixed game whereby one can determine the outcome before the match is played.

well, I'm not only a risk taker, I gamble a lot too. Last month a group of people paid me 50k each for soccer predictions (Yea 50k even during recession), I added 1million to it and invested in MMM (so called risky venture). lo and behold, I was paid 2 million today. Now tell me why I won't afford to stake another.

Naija , shine your eyes..no risk no reward.

5 Likes

Re: APGA Condemns Outcome Of Edo Governorship Election by ERONX(m): 4:43pm On Sep 30, 2016
Although I'm not a fan of Nigerian politics but we all know outrightly the election in Edo state was rigged... Let's see what happens in the Court of Law.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: APGA Condemns Outcome Of Edo Governorship Election by Nobody: 4:43pm On Sep 30, 2016
All I know is APGA is a name of a poultry from the eastern part of Nigeria with some mushroom and moribund branches and not a political party.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APGA Condemns Outcome Of Edo Governorship Election by ubaobi: 4:44pm On Sep 30, 2016
The funny part is where you hear Osh'''ole and co acussing Jonathan and NOI of being corrupt.this election was a public exhibition of corruption at the highest levels.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APGA Condemns Outcome Of Edo Governorship Election by Uchenduin: 4:47pm On Sep 30, 2016
APGA follow dey expect winning?nawa 4 naija politics ooo,but anyway why una collect their small vote kwanu and shared it like Tom Tom

4 Likes

Re: APGA Condemns Outcome Of Edo Governorship Election by DaPuncline: 4:47pm On Sep 30, 2016
Abeg what's APGA: A mosquito spray or a bleaching cream ?

1 Like

Re: APGA Condemns Outcome Of Edo Governorship Election by freemanbubble: 4:51pm On Sep 30, 2016
i taught oshiomhole was a man who advocate for one man one vote. he for nor rigg this election na make he go jail. oshio thief.
it is only obaseki, oshiomhole and buhari that are celebrating.
edo state is very silent. i live in benin city. the people are angry. they are calling oshiomhole thief. nobody is celebrating with them

2 Likes

Re: APGA Condemns Outcome Of Edo Governorship Election by ilokas(m): 4:53pm On Sep 30, 2016
Apc are liers, the must come out
ibhagab:

hahahahha. very hilarious.
Which means according to APGA, both PDP and APC added APGA vote to their votes.
Where PDP have political power, they will add APGA vote to their vote.
Where APC have political power, they will add APGA vote to their vote.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oshiomhole Presides Over His Last Executive Council Meeting In Edo / Endless Wait For Salaries, Kogi Civil Servants Crying In Silence / COVID-19: Imo Bans Easter Church Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.