Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,326 members, 7,808,099 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:12 AM

I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari (36210 Views)

My Predecessors Left With 22 Police Vehicles –arase / 2017 Budget’ll End Nigeria’s Economic Woes – Buhari / Economic Woes: Buhari Needs God’s Intervention —Oba Akiolu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by jaymony: 8:03pm On Sep 30, 2016
Buhari no fit speak, spoke or spark such English...who write de long note for him oh?

1 Like

Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by Standing5(m): 8:04pm On Sep 30, 2016
lordyugo:

u wr askd wats d plan?
what plan exactly?
Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by Amacaco: 8:04pm On Sep 30, 2016
That was how he continued blaming Shagari in 1984 until he was removed from office in 1985 by Babangida who introduced policies that revived the economy. Let him continue for now to blame past administration.

3 Likes

Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by Nobody: 8:07pm On Sep 30, 2016
tuale4u:
Buhari is on point.

I actually i find it unrealistic when people say the govt should stop blaming the past.
We are suffering today, because the past never prepared for the future (today).

And also we are very unrealistic in our expectation that things can turn around suddenly.
it will takes us about ten years to diversify the economy. Diversification is not a switch you can just turn on or off.
it is a long painful process. We must understand this and work towards it.

All we talk about is dollar vs naira rate because we are still focussing on consuming imported tins.

We must look inward in our consumption pattern.

Blaming the past for the current economy woes does not in any way affect the performance of the govt. They can blame past govt while they work. it does not slow down progress in anyway. Actually it helps progress because it makes it easier for Nigerians to persevere and work hard for a better future.
. . . God bless you for this bitter truth my brother. I believe in my President. Nigeria will be great again.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by Nobody: 8:07pm On Sep 30, 2016
TPAND:

Spot on friend, spot on. Your cerebral account of this post is second to none.
Thanks, but some of it was clued from a vanguard article wink smiley.

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by Saicology212: 8:08pm On Sep 30, 2016
They said this man was obstinate and stubborn. For anyone who thought otherwise, this is ample evidence and proof enough. What would blaming your predecessors achieve? Would continuous excoriation change the way things are presently? Would the denunciation fix the economy, provide jobs, reduce inflation and put money in the pockets of the citizens? Clearly Nigerians wasted their time and energy voting in this charlatan and con artist. Only problem is...we are stuck with him for another 2 and half years.

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by ogunmusanmi(m): 8:11pm On Sep 30, 2016
May God Almighty help our dear baba Buhari from blaming past government...time is not on their side again.
Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by ogunmusanmi(m): 8:16pm On Sep 30, 2016
JimiOgunlola:
Let Blame for Aisha's ability to buy a hermes bag worth millions of naira.
Let's blame Jona for Zahra buhari 12 million naira expense on First class tickets to london while Boko refugees die of starvation in Borno.

naa wahoo
Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by Opinedecandid(m): 8:17pm On Sep 30, 2016
tuale4u:
Buhari is on point.

I actually i find it unrealistic when people say the govt should stop blaming the past.

And also we are very unrealistic in our expectation that things can turn around suddenly.
it will takes us about ten years to diversify the economy. Diversification is not a switch you can just turn on or off.

All we talk about is dollar vs naira rate because we are still focussing on consuming imported tins.

Blaming the past for the current economy woes does not in any way affect the performance of the govt. They can blame past govt while they work. it does not slow down progress in anyway. Actually it helps progress because it makes it easier for Nigerians to persevere and work hard for a better future.

Do you really know what you are talking?
People are not really against Buhari blaming past administrations as much as they are against things going from BAD TO WORSE.

And you, why single out exchange rate as though it's the only problem we are currently facing?
What about prices of goods and services?
What about no direct flight from Nigeria to some countries of the world like the US?
What about job lost and unemployment?
What about reduction in power generation?
What about electoral issues and inconclusiveness of elections conducted under his watch for the past one year plus?
What about unfulfulment of his campaign promises: like Chibok girls rescue, etc?
What about fuel price being moved from 86 to 145 naira, despite the much touted removal of subsidy which is supposed to yield more money to the covers of government; and again the introduction of treasury single account, that has led to job cuts, but more money to government. Yet, there are complains everywhere of lack of money by government.
What about the pulling out from Nigeria of major international investors and investments?
What about the sectional, biased or partial fight against corruption.
The list is endless.

You really mean the previous administrations are responsible for ALL OF THOSE?

3 Likes

Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by asamaigho(m): 8:17pm On Sep 30, 2016
blueto:
So you mean those rail way systems that you inaugurated at the inception of your administration, the 5000mw you inherited and so on weren't a product of your predecessors?? You are quick to attribute every failure in your govt to your predecessors but attribute any iota of success to your “body language.”

In spite of your administration’s daily vilification of Jonathan, the achievements of his government continue to speak for themselves.

Jonathan put in place a policy that provided zero import-duty for completely knocked down vehicles; while discouraging the importation of already assembled cars; old or brand new, by the imposition of heavy import-duties. This propelled car manufacturers to set up assembly-plants in Nigeria that provide jobs for craftsmen, technicians, technologists, engineers, and other professionals across the value chain. The government also made it a policy to patronize locally-made and assembled cars.

The outcome is that local car-assembly is back in Nigeria; literally risen from the dead. Big auto giants, including Peugeot, Nissan, Volkswagen, Kia, Hyundai and apparently Honda, now either assemble, or entirely manufacture, their cars, SUVs, trucks and buses at various locations in Nigeria. In addition, Nigeria had an indigenous car-manufacturing company, Innoson, which was not only selling locally but dabbling in exports.

Nigerians did not vote you for incessant blames, don't think because APC recently won a state election then Nigerians won't vote you out if you keep blaming and failing to perform.

Hmmmmm
..never knew hyundai,volkswagen,nissan,honda et'al have assembly plants in nigeria.
I kno peogeot has in kaduna(although in LIMBO) and i heard somtin abt nissan.
But for honda hyundai,volkswagen, where the locations of their plants?
Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by bart10: 8:17pm On Sep 30, 2016
A lazy man will always blame his tools but we already know who is incompetent.

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by tete7000(m): 8:20pm On Sep 30, 2016
This man is deluded. Simple as abc... Let him continue to blame if that is what solves his problems. You promised then come around to say you didn't meet much on ground. If people have been satisfied with past government and their achievements, would they have changed the government? continue...

1 Like

Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by hamilton62(m): 8:21pm On Sep 30, 2016
You will continued to be blame for the further financial free fall via your dull economic policies and economic teams.
Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by maasoap(m): 8:22pm On Sep 30, 2016
Yes, I'm with you Mr president, my president. Evils that men did live after them, we will continue to blame them, tell the whole world how they stashed every kobo abroad and when they are called to account, they suddenly remember that there is human rights which they are entitled to.
Even though, we won't relent in turning things around for the better.
Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by ph3gnom: 8:26pm On Sep 30, 2016
Don't worry that is how ur successor will also blame you. What goes around comes around. Continue

1 Like

Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by Ayomideadesoye(m): 8:28pm On Sep 30, 2016
Wel Me Just Dey Quite For My Papa House,cus Buhari Has Hear Problem So I Cnt B WastinG The Little Energy Am Managin Til 2019

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by Vanityupnvanity(m): 8:34pm On Sep 30, 2016
then resign and continue to blame them. don't waste time. na by force,,,?

allow someone to try as u continue to point finger at others.

shikena smh
Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by MikeB3(m): 8:35pm On Sep 30, 2016
Baba kindly stop the blame game jor! We are sick and tired of it. Do your own and leave am for the next president.

Meanwhile my people my people, MMM is real and authentic, join the community now. For more information, please contact me on 07036016999.
Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by BELIEVEGOD: 8:37pm On Sep 30, 2016
Please get to work PMB. For how long will you continue to play the blame game. You were once a president in military uniform, we know how you get IN and OUT back then.
Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by GOFRONT(m): 8:38pm On Sep 30, 2016
In 2013, a minister bought cookin Stoves and I I still d wonder who n who got d stove!!!!!!
Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by InvertedHammer: 8:50pm On Sep 30, 2016
/
Buhari is making a mistake. He forgets that he is dealing with Nigerians-- people that hate the truth and hate to accept responsibilities for any action.

Since Independence, every atrocity by successive government had always been conveniently swept under the proverbial carpet. Nigerians feel better living in denial and beckoning on God to lavitate down from heaven to take control of their lives.

Meanwhile, it is not enough to blame the incompetent Jonathan. Buhari should show that he is capable of correcting the mistakes of the past. Regrettably, he seems equally incompetent and clueless as Jonathan. Then one wonders how in a country parading itself as the brain of Africa, they managed to present two equally bad fellows as the contestants for such an important position as the President. One would think that in a dire situation as this, the legislature will step in to assist in proffering solutions. But in Nigeria that will be raising the bar of expectations higher.

Like they say, every country deserves the leadership she gets.
\
Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by jojothaiv(m): 8:50pm On Sep 30, 2016
And the blame game goes on...
Well, i'm less surprised either...
Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by Chukazu: 8:54pm On Sep 30, 2016
blame them and blame yourself, you were part of the inglorious past.. you contributed in no small measure to present woes during your previous reign as head of state
Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by Ayomideadesoye(m): 8:54pm On Sep 30, 2016
Plz Wen Are U Guys Goin To Post D News 'buhari Z Dead'

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by Ayomideadesoye(m): 8:59pm On Sep 30, 2016
How I Wish Buhari Cn Cm And Read Al Dis May D Change Wil Start Since He Cnt Hear
Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by gidjah(m): 9:09pm On Sep 30, 2016
Elders think backwards while the younger generations think forward, that's the deal......we voted it in
Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by Wizzyblack3(m): 9:16pm On Sep 30, 2016
''When we came in, I screamed
to high heavens because I had
promised a lot while seeking votes. “I said where is the saving? There was no saving. There was no infrastructure,power, rails, roads, there was none.

I give up on this Buhari's govt, they surely have nothing to offer us... Is this man telling us he and his zombie govt didn't know all this before promising heaven & earth. Didn't they know the extent of damages before they assured us they are here to right all wrong of their predecessors. Chai.. ;(
Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by Sinkills: 9:16pm On Sep 30, 2016
tuale4u:
Buhari is on point.

I think the president is just campaigning for the next general elections. If anything goes right, he takes the credit but if otherwise, the past government or any other apart from himself takes the blame. This is likely to continue until 2019.

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by Carter4luv(m): 9:18pm On Sep 30, 2016
hw long will u continue to blame past administration, if you cannot handle nigeria resign.
Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by Hiploko(m): 9:19pm On Sep 30, 2016
Ayomideadesoye:
Plz Wen Are U Guys Goin To Post D News 'buhari Z Dead'
this is epic!

1 Like

Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by max1234: 9:29pm On Sep 30, 2016
Please sir, continue blaming cos you recently won an award in that.
Re: I’ll Continue To Blame My Predecessors For Nigeria’s Woes – Buhari by back2sender: 9:30pm On Sep 30, 2016
tuale4u:
Buhari is on point.

Truth is bitter.
The 5% children of hate will not like this truth. They are the ones on nairaland shouting and making needless noise.
We dealt with them seriously in Edo. Instead to go and campaign inland they were here on nairaland making noise.. Elections are not won on social media

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Akeredolu's Dad With Fayose's Dad In 1960 (Throwback Photo) / 2019: Uduaghan Surrenders To Manager In Delta South - Daily Sun / We Suspended $22.7b Loan Because Of Non-Inclusion Of South East - Gbajabiamila

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.