Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,118 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:55 PM

Obama Said Nigerians Working Hard To Address Challenges – Vanguard - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obama Said Nigerians Working Hard To Address Challenges – Vanguard (669 Views)

INEC Working Hard To Rig 2019 Polls- Secondus / Read What Obama Said About President Buhari And Nigeria / See What Obama Said About Nigeria And Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obama Said Nigerians Working Hard To Address Challenges – Vanguard by Nobody: 4:43pm On Sep 30, 2016
[size=14pt]Independence: Nigerians working hard to address challenges – Obama[/size]

ON SEPTEMBER 30, 20164:15 PMIN NEWSCOMMENTS

President Barack Obama and the United States have congratulated Nigeria on the occasion of the country’s 56th Independence Anniversary which comes up tomorrow, October 1, 2016.

This is contained in a statement made available to newsmen on Friday by the Special Adviser to President Muhammadu Buhari on Media and Publicity, Mr Femi Adesina.

He said, “On behalf of President Barack Obama and the American people, the US Secretary of State, John Kerry, expressed confidence that Nigerians are working hard to address current national challenges. Below is the full text of Kerry’s statement:
“On behalf of President Obama and the American people, I congratulate the citizens of Nigeria as you celebrate your Independence Day on October 1.
I recently returned from my third trip to Nigeria as Secretary, and I came away with a strong sense of the nation’s resolve to build a better future. During my trip, I was reminded that many Nigerians are engaged in bringing people together across the divides of culture, religious practices, and ethnicity.

There is still much work to be done to provide economic opportunities for all, end corruption, win the fight against Boko Haram, ensure broad respect for human rights and provide humanitarian relief for millions of displaced people. But we know that Nigerians are hard at work to address these challenges.
The United States looks forward to deepening our partnership and friendship with Nigerians from all walks of life, so that we may work together for the betterment of Nigeria and all of Africa.
Best wishes to all of you on this the 56th anniversary of your independence.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/09/independence-nigerians-working-hard-to-address-challenges-obama/
Re: Obama Said Nigerians Working Hard To Address Challenges – Vanguard by INTROVERT(f): 4:45pm On Sep 30, 2016
OK
Re: Obama Said Nigerians Working Hard To Address Challenges – Vanguard by Nobody: 4:46pm On Sep 30, 2016
Great minds recognised the effort of the current govt to move nigeria forwards.
only wailers are blind to it.

1 Like

Re: Obama Said Nigerians Working Hard To Address Challenges – Vanguard by Rekyz(m): 5:00pm On Sep 30, 2016
Obama spoke through his media aid (Lai Mohamed), so I can't adhere to that write-up.
Re: Obama Said Nigerians Working Hard To Address Challenges – Vanguard by Rekyz(m): 5:02pm On Sep 30, 2016
tuale4u:
Great minds recognised the effort of the current govt to move nigeria forwards.
only wailers are blind to it.
He recognise and feels the efforts from America. Shebi him the follow you suffer? Ndiaraaaa!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obama Said Nigerians Working Hard To Address Challenges – Vanguard by Standing5(m): 5:23pm On Sep 30, 2016
Rekyz:
He recognise and feels the efforts from America. Shebi him the follow you suffer? Ndiaraaaa!
Same way some 'Nigerians' know how to compare our debt to America's debt from their rooms cages.
Re: Obama Said Nigerians Working Hard To Address Challenges – Vanguard by Standing5(m): 5:26pm On Sep 30, 2016
Majority of Nigerian know Buhari help postponed and slow down the recession.
Re: Obama Said Nigerians Working Hard To Address Challenges – Vanguard by Standing5(m): 5:27pm On Sep 30, 2016
Rekyz:
Obama spoke though his media aid (Lai Mohamed), so I can't adhere to that write-up.
lol . . . . Lai Obama is technically saying Sai Buhari. He must be a ''zombie''.

2 Likes

Re: Obama Said Nigerians Working Hard To Address Challenges – Vanguard by nonhuman(m): 7:14pm On Sep 30, 2016
rubbish. America have a hand in what have befall Nigeria yes. they know exactly what they are doing 2015 prediction comes to mind
Re: Obama Said Nigerians Working Hard To Address Challenges – Vanguard by agwom(m): 7:21pm On Sep 30, 2016
ok
Re: Obama Said Nigerians Working Hard To Address Challenges – Vanguard by naijaking1: 7:23pm On Sep 30, 2016
Buhari is Obama's project, so anything he can do or say to make his project look good and worthwhile, Obama will do.
Unfortunately, khaki no be leather. Buhari is well past his prime in just about everything. There is only so much Obama can continue to provide him good PR without the facts jumping at you.

1 Like

Re: Obama Said Nigerians Working Hard To Address Challenges – Vanguard by CSTR2: 7:25pm On Sep 30, 2016
Re: Obama Said Nigerians Working Hard To Address Challenges – Vanguard by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:51pm On Sep 30, 2016
CSTR2:
So APC zombies now trust the west? Good.
I am coming with western reports from Bloomberg, world bank, and Washington post.
keep deceiving yourself. Is it not the same West that Biafra takes its fight for self-determination to?
Re: Obama Said Nigerians Working Hard To Address Challenges – Vanguard by Emekamex(m): 8:40pm On Sep 30, 2016
We should stop deceiving ourselves, Nigeria is becoming unlivable as the year goes. A baseless statement from Obama will in no way ameliorate the situation.

Re: Obama Said Nigerians Working Hard To Address Challenges – Vanguard by Oasis007(m): 8:45pm On Sep 30, 2016
You do not need to insult or criticize just to get Likes and Shares.

Nairaland ain't paying for the amount of likes and shares you have, also there is any special recognition for it.

Comment reasonably and responsibly!

(1) (Reply)

EXCLUSIVE: Buhari Battling Alzheimer’s Disease, Loses Aso Rock To Cabals / 4 Main Reasons Buhari Is Visiting Germany Today / Boko Haram Terrorists Ambush Troops (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.