Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,706 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:45 PM

INDEPENDENCE SPECIAL- You Have A Role To Play In Nation Building - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INDEPENDENCE SPECIAL- You Have A Role To Play In Nation Building (315 Views)

It's Not Government's Role To Provide Jobs -Presidency Drops Bombshell / Independence Special Poem / Role Of Leadership In Nation Building (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

INDEPENDENCE SPECIAL- You Have A Role To Play In Nation Building by Demolaxzy(m): 6:47pm On Sep 30, 2016
Nigeria for many years have remained a nation that her citizens could hardly tell what the future of governance of the nation really holds. Citizens have lived all through the years with uncertainty of what would become of the future of the nation, the future which sometimes looked bright and promising.
The reason for this state the nation has found herself, many attribute it to the leaders in authority, others attribute it to cultural and tribal differences. But, a deep and insightful overview will make you realize the real and undeniable factor that has kept Nigeria in this unprogressive state is her people. Understand that a nation can never exist without the people. So, clearly what and who is responsible for the state of any nation (whether good or bad) is her people.
As citizens, we need to understand and play effectively our differing and unique role in getting Nigeria back on her feet and make her great again.

So what is my role then?

We all cannot be in places of authority and hold leadership positions. But as a citizen, you need to promote the values of our country. As a citizen, you need to stand against injustice and ensure your judgement is fair and unbias at all times. As a citizen, you should be dependable, trustworthy and true to your word. We do complain the politicians at the point of campaigning promise this and that, but they end up doing nothing upon resuming office. Yes, it is so because while they were normal citizens they were not true to their words.
It starts from where we are right now; are we being diligent to the 'little' responsibilities we have in our hands now. The bible says in Luke 16:10 ''He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much: and he that is unjust in the least is unjust also in much''. As a husband be faithful to your duties at home, as a wife be faithful in discharging your duties as a wife, as a student be diligent to your studies, as a civil servant be diligent in your service to the nation, as a service provider be faithful in rendering your service to your consumers. Where ever you are and whatever you do, do not seek self satisfaction and neglect the need of others. At all times be courageous enough to stand up for what is right in the face of opposition.
In conclusion, without any political motives whatsoever. I'm aware there was a recently flagged 'CHANGE BEGINS WITH ME' campaign by the present administration. Very true, the change has to begin with the individuals, all of us. Rev. Chris Oyakhilome DSc. DD has rightly said nobody will come and build or develop our nation for us 'Nigeria can only be built by Nigerians'. As a matter of fact, the national pledge shows us a picture of our commitment as citizens. I will leave you to reflect on the pledge as we all make Nigeria a better, safer and happier place to live.
I pledge to Nigeria my country.
To be faithful, loyal and honest.
To serve Nigeria with all my strenght.
To defend her unity, and uphold honour and glory.
So help me God (AMEN).

God bless Nigeria. I love my country.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Thugs Snatch Ballot Boxes During Elections? / Extend Your Probe To IBB, OBJ, Abdulsalami, Others Administration- Sen Shehu San / NNPC To Produce Diesel From Crops

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.