Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,303 members, 7,808,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:33 AM

My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) (191154 Views)

Organic Poultry Management For Beginners.. / Let's Discuss Organic Poultry Farming / Organic Poultry Growth Supplement That Works Like Magic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by organicfoods(m): 2:28pm On Oct 05, 2016
shakyriri:

Fantastic.please keep this up.following keenly
Yes ooo!

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by eddyline(m): 3:45pm On Oct 05, 2016
Turks:
Great job sir. Well done! I admire your courage as this a bold step in the right direction. Other farmers tend to gain from this. If you take your biosecurity seriously, you could actually pull this off...I read somewhere that Christmas Melon (Tagiri) works well in the prevention of NCD amongst other diseases. Why not give it a shot?...Following this thread! Hehehehe...I think I have something on you.
I'm gon keep it my little secret tho. I'll give you tips every now and again.

another very good antiviral plant that is very good in the prevention of Newcastle disease is what is known as the bitter melon. scientific name is momordica balsamina. you could give it a try.

5 Likes

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by aAK1(m): 7:46pm On Oct 05, 2016
organicfoods:
Yes bro. Mortality was before the withdrawal.
pls return a heating source.first of all if the place is too cold,you are stressing the birds and if they dont die,it wil stunt there growth.
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by organicfoods(m): 7:54pm On Oct 05, 2016
Guess what I got, "Tagiri" folks claim it works well for Newcastle diseases. I will be extracting the nutrients for their water in four days.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by organicfoods(m): 7:56pm On Oct 05, 2016
aAK1:
pls return a heating source.first of all if the place is too cold,you are stressing the birds and if they dont die,it wil stunt there growth.
I think the temperature is not too cold. I will bring a thermometer to check the temperature tomorrow. Thanks bro.

3 Likes

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Nobody: 7:59pm On Oct 05, 2016
I think that place is too small for the birds....
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by shakyriri: 8:02pm On Oct 05, 2016
organicfoods:
I think the temperature is not too cold. I will bring a thermometer to check the temperature tomorrow. Thanks bro.

What is the ideal temp , d brooding house shld b please?
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by organicfoods(m): 11:04pm On Oct 05, 2016
shakyriri:

What is the ideal temp , d brooding house shld b please?
Between 30-35 degree centigrade

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Fun2015: 6:33am On Oct 06, 2016
Morn Sir. Pls are you going to break Tagiri inside water to give them or u drop it on the floor house where u brood?
shakyriri:
We are following.kudos
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by organicfoods(m): 7:15am On Oct 06, 2016
Fun2015:
Morn Sir. Pls are you going to break Tagiri inside water to give them or u drop it on the floor house where u brood?
I am going to blend and ferment with molasses and use in their water.

2 Likes

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by organicfoods(m): 7:22am On Oct 06, 2016
DeejayTafari:
I think that place is too small for the birds....
25inch by 50inch is idea for now. In the coming week they will get a new abode. I am making elaborate plans for them.

1 Like

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Newway2(m): 7:57am On Oct 06, 2016
Pls how much did u get ds chicken nipple drinkers?

organicfoods:
25inch by 50inch is idea for now. In the coming week they will get a new abode. I am making elaborate plans for them.
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by organicfoods(m): 8:29am On Oct 06, 2016
Newway2:
Pls how much did u get ds chicken nipple drinkers?

After a serious bargain...=N=145 each
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Nobody: 10:32am On Oct 06, 2016
omejeo:
ok thanks

Wats upp bro....
I want to ask u how far abt dat binary guy is he real.. have u joined?
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by MrBONE2(m): 11:19am On Oct 06, 2016
organicfoods:
Guess what I got, "Tagiri" folks claim it works well for Newcastle diseases. I will be extracting the nutrients for their water in four days.
Nice one,keep it up! I will like you to make more research on the use of ALOE VERA on Poultry,Cos i have used it to treat my Goats and local Chickens for various illness and have been performing unbelievable wonders. I mean the Raw ALEO VERA GEL extracts from the plants.

Gyarbonka.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by organicfoods(m): 12:24pm On Oct 06, 2016
MrBONE2:
Nice one,keep it up! I will like you to make more research on the use of ALOE VERA on Poultry,Cos i have used it to treat my Goats and local Chickens for various illness and have been performing unbelievable wonders. I mean the Raw ALEO VERA GEL extracts from the plants.

Gyarbonka.
Oh great...Do you extract the gel direct from the leaves and use raw?

1 Like

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by MrBONE2(m): 1:18pm On Oct 06, 2016
organicfoods:
yes the raw gel directly from the leaves.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by organicfoods(m): 6:59am On Oct 07, 2016
MrBONE2:
yes the raw gel directly from the leaves.
Oh I see, I think I have an idea how best to extract the nutrients.

1 Like

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by organicfoods(m): 7:21am On Oct 07, 2016
Chicks are doing great after one week. Heaviest among them weighs 143g and the least weight was 93g. There was one that gained 8g over night... Amazing! With just one mortality without any vaccination apart from marek's vaccination from the hatchery, it promises to be interesting.

Now they are on Christmas melon (Tagiri) a hahaha... preparing hard for the Christmas.

Medications: Always on ginger garlic extract 24/7, Tagiri, Farmer's Fertilizer, and lacto bacillus. I gave them a shot of fermented fruit juice as well. I change their water once a day and provide enough feeds.

Meanwhile : no heat source no hassle!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Nobody: 9:09am On Oct 07, 2016
Very Interesting?
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by obaoreoluwa(m): 11:01am On Oct 07, 2016
You can also try aloe vera its a wonderful coccidiostat. And can u pleaas tell me your fermentation procedure. I also want to adopt fermentation of feed on my farm.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by obaoreoluwa(m): 11:08am On Oct 07, 2016
I am currently undergoing a research on the use of aloe vera for layers and my results have been very fantastic. Aloe vera can completely replace any broad spectrum antibiotics and any broad spectrum coccidiostat.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by obaoreoluwa(m): 11:14am On Oct 07, 2016
organicfoods:
u can blend the aloe vera and include in water or dry it and add to the feed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Mykeolinks: 2:04pm On Oct 07, 2016
This your digital scale where and how much did u get it for...thanks
organicfoods:
Since I retired the lantern, surprisingly the chicks continues to grow stronger everyday without heat.

I got one weighting 113g already, his colleague looking up to see if he can have a go on my weighing machine too lol. Chicken are pretty intelligent.

Guess what got them very active. ..some worms from my vermiculture worked them real hard.

Now I introduced ginger garlic plus farmers fertilizer (sea weeds)

1 Like

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Turks: 2:12pm On Oct 07, 2016
Follow our facebook page

www.facebook.com/AvianPlanet

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply)

30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farming: My Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.