Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,951 members, 7,806,749 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:32 PM

My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) - Agriculture (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) (191115 Views)

Organic Poultry Management For Beginners.. / Let's Discuss Organic Poultry Farming / Organic Poultry Growth Supplement That Works Like Magic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by crossblane1(m): 7:43am On Oct 31, 2016
organicfoods:
This is my approach. For every 3kg of feeds, I add 500g of molasses plus two table spoon of lacto bacillus. I add enough water to cover it. Allow to stay for at least four days... I continued to harvest small quantity every other day and add fresh feeds and water plus lacto bacillus forthnightly without exhausting the broth. What I normally do is to harvest some of it and mix very well with dry feed and give to them.. . It smells so refreshing
thanks for explaining but I don't what lactobacillus and molasses is.
pls can u elaborate more on where to get these materials

2 Likes

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by stevejireh01: 11:52am On Oct 31, 2016
katchycouture:

Believe me when I say I don't know, all I know is I have not spent 1 naira treating any form of sickness on my birds, maybe the alovera, bitterleaf and scentleaf is what has been helping, my birds are 1 month old now
thanks for sharing this, but at what stage did you start giving them these leaves you are talking about? thanksm
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by katchycouture(f): 6:56pm On Oct 31, 2016
SShadow:

Believe me sha, you go taya.

Hahaha, Abi?? At least I'm practicing poultry farming, I might go into it full time

2 Likes

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by katchycouture(f): 7:00pm On Oct 31, 2016
organicfoods:
Weight wise, they will do well above average because you never stress them or alter their growth pattern with vaccines and drugs.

I'm glad Im on d right path
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by katchycouture(f): 7:08pm On Oct 31, 2016
stevejireh01:
thanks for sharing this, but at what stage did you start giving them these leaves you are talking about? thanksm

At exactly 2 weeks old... I started with aloevera and scent leave, one morning I noticed bloddy poo so I used bitterleaf and it disappeared by afternoon, since then I squeeze bitterleaf every morning and change the water to plain water by evening... I dry the aleovera and mix with their feed same with scent leaf..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by stevejireh01: 8:11pm On Oct 31, 2016
katchycouture:

At exactly 2 weeks old... I started with aloevera and scent leave, one morning I noticed bloddy poo so I used bitterleaf and it disappeared by afternoon, since then I squeeze bitterleaf every morning and change the water to plain water by evening... I dry the aleovera and mix with their feed same with scent leaf..
thanks so much for the response I appreciate.
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by organicfoods(m): 12:17am On Nov 01, 2016
Growing bigger every day.

4 Likes

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by globalfanz(m): 4:53am On Nov 01, 2016
organicfoods:
Growing bigger every day.

Kudos organic,
What are you doing about their feathers? Someone may thinks the way they are is due to some kind feather sickness.

3 Likes

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by organicfoods(m): 7:36am On Nov 01, 2016
globalfanz:

Kudos organic,
What are you doing about their feathers? Someone may thinks the way they are is due to some kind feather sickness.
The feathers are gradually coming on. I think it's hereditary from the parent. ..especially from the male, the females are well covered by feathers.

3 Likes

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Turks: 8:26am On Nov 01, 2016
Broilers are known to be of more flesh than feathers. I'd rather flesh over feathers any day.

4 Likes

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by kayo80(m): 11:24am On Nov 01, 2016
Turks:
Broilers are known to be of more flesh than feathers. I'd rather flesh over feathers any day.

True. I remember when I was rearing white cockerels, the chicken will look tall and big, untill you kill it and put it inside a bucket of hot water. Then you will see the real size of the chicken. lol! It's almost like one broiler is as big as two cockerels. This is why I switched to Noilers. I will see how big these Noilers get by December.

5 Likes

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Originalsly: 10:04pm On Nov 01, 2016
katchycouture:

My husband wldnt let me eat frozen foods ooo, so this is the only way I can eat chiken this Christmas and after...although I give out live chickens to extended family members too during the festive period
Hmmm...Auntie Katchy.... been a long time... our paths cross again! Ehmmm... I need to pay you a visit this Christmas... very important.... abeg....remind me of where you live.

1 Like

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by katchycouture(f): 5:41am On Nov 02, 2016
Originalsly:
Hmmm...Auntie Katchy.... been a long time... our paths cross again! Ehmmm... I need to pay you a visit this Christmas... very important.... abeg....remind me of where you live.

You want to come and eat all my chicken?? It will not work for you ooooo cheesy

3 Likes

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by organicfoods(m): 8:38am On Nov 02, 2016
Monster chicken loading...

6 Likes

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by shakyriri: 1:47pm On Nov 02, 2016
organicfoods:
Monster loading? Already monsters sir.this is just abt 5weeks o

1 Like

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by organicfoods(m): 2:32pm On Nov 02, 2016
shakyriri:

Monster loading? Already monsters sir.this is just abt 5weeks o
hahahahah You got me laughing real loud. They are 4 weeks 4 days today.

5 Likes

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Originalsly: 4:15pm On Nov 02, 2016
@Organic..... at what weight/age would you consider the chickens peaked?
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by shakyriri: 4:45pm On Nov 02, 2016
organicfoods:
hahahahah You got me laughing real loud. They are 4 weeks 4 days today.
Chei am starting poultry abeg.lazily watched u daily and right before my very eyes.they r grown.time flies indeed.
I will need relocate to u,for tutorial.going organic ,so help me God

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by doubleakins(m): 12:04am On Nov 03, 2016
@ organic, pls how many days re the birds now. What is their weight, how many bags of feed Ve you used and what is the total cost u Ve incurred for 50 birds so far. Thanks for ur quick response.
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by wolero7(m): 9:36am On Nov 03, 2016
doubleakins:
@ organic, pls how many days re the birds now. What is their weight, how many bags of feed Ve you used and what is the total cost u Ve incurred for 50 birds so far. Thanks for ur quick response.

Their age is just few posts above you. He weighs them at certain intervals. Check previous posts to see their last cumulative and average weight. He mentioned the number of bags too somewhere in his previous posts. And he has 49 birds now. Two mortality.

4 Likes

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by willian10: 11:00am On Nov 03, 2016
katchycouture:

Pls, where do u get the scent & aloe vera, i can easily get bitter leaf here.
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Ikenna17(m): 1:10pm On Nov 03, 2016
organicfoods:
Bro, aren't you worried about the inadequate feather growth? It seems like a problem in my opinion because the birds are doing well in terms of growth and weight gain, but the feather growth is a bit suspect. Nice job though, I don't think I've ever seen poultry farming done this way.

1 Like

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by katchycouture(f): 7:27pm On Nov 03, 2016
willian10:

I have it in my garden
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Ummulkhair20(f): 8:44pm On Nov 03, 2016
willian10:

You can get aloe vera from gardeners and scent leave from Igbo women sell ingredients in d market...
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by organicfoods(m): 9:38pm On Nov 03, 2016
Ikenna17:

Bro, aren't you worried about the inadequate feather growth? It seems like a problem in my opinion because the birds are doing well in terms of growth and weight gain, but the feather growth is a bit suspect. Nice job though, I don't think I've ever seen poultry farming done this way.
Delayed feathering is not much of a problem...It's genetically connected. The females tend to feather well, while the male may delay...NA meat and flesh matter for now ooo...wetin person wan use feather do?

8 Likes

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by organicfoods(m): 11:54pm On Nov 03, 2016
Statistic loading 4 weeks and 3 days. I actually starve them for a whole day before weighting the next day.

2 Likes

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by organicfoods(m): 8:12am On Nov 04, 2016
Now its getting very intresting! These chicken will be more than ready for christmas!

3 Likes

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by shakyriri: 8:22am On Nov 04, 2016
organicfoods:
Now its getting very intresting! These chicken will be more than ready for christmas!
They will b obese by Christmas sir.welldone
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by lanre2009: 10:30am On Nov 04, 2016
Have you tried to research why they don't have much feathers on their body?

organicfoods:
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Nobody: 10:54am On Nov 04, 2016
lanre2009:
Have you tried to research why they don't have much feathers on their body?

It was done purposely by the company(Aviagen) so as to be able to sex the chickens at birth. The males develop feathers slowly hence the term 'Slow Feathering' while the females are the exact opposite.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (39) (Reply)

30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farming: My Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.