Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,450 members, 7,781,304 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:05 PM

My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) (190391 Views)

Organic Poultry Management For Beginners.. / Let's Discuss Organic Poultry Farming / Organic Poultry Growth Supplement That Works Like Magic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Doneiap(m): 4:47pm On Oct 07, 2016
Wow...you are doing good bro. Am currently in my second batch of raising broilers. I just sold the first batch. I raised 100 birds and had a casualty of about 20 due to coccidiosis and late detection of the disease. Very wicked disease. I thank God it didn't take all the birds. I have sold them all before their 3rd month and have started a new batch of 150 hoping they get to the required size before the xmas break. I know better now and am hoping to have zero casualty. cool

11 Likes

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by shakyriri: 5:38pm On Oct 07, 2016
Doneiap:
Wow...you are doing good bro. Am currently in my second batch of raising broilers. I just sold the first batch. I raised 100 birds and had a casualty of about 20 due to coccidiosis and late detection of the disease. Very wicked disease. I thank God it didn't take all the birds. I have sold them all before their 3rd month and have started a new batch of 150 hoping they get to the required size before the xmas break. I know better now and am hoping to have zero casualty. cool
Kudos Sir,hope u made profit on the surviving 80birds? did u sell live or as dresses birds?
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Newway2(m): 7:05pm On Oct 07, 2016
I love to know how to implement or use chicken nipple drinker in dip litter system.
Pls show how u use it.

organicfoods:
After a serious bargain...=N=145 each
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Newway2(m): 7:06pm On Oct 07, 2016
Pls do tell us d extracting process

organicfoods:
Guess what I got, "Tagiri" folks claim it works well for Newcastle diseases. I will be extracting the nutrients for their water in four days.
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Newway2(m): 7:11pm On Oct 07, 2016
Do u mean d aloe Vera leaf including d gel? Is it any aloe Vera? because I understand some aloe Vera specie is poisonous. Is ds true?

obaoreoluwa:
u can blend the aloe vera and include in water or dry it and add to the feed

2 Likes

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Newway2(m): 7:16pm On Oct 07, 2016
is bitter melon same as bitter gourd? D yoruba name 4 bitter gourd is "ejirin" & it's used to control high BP.
Pls how is ds plant usefull? Is it only d leaves or d melon? How is it prepared?

eddyline:

another very good antiviral plant that is very good in the prevention of Newcastle disease is what is known as the bitter melon. scientific name is momordica balsamina. you could give it a try.
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by eddyline(m): 2:11am On Oct 08, 2016
Newway2:
is bitter melon same as bitter gourd? D yoruba name 4 bitter gourd is "ejirin" & it's used to control high BP.
Pls how is ds plant usefull? Is it only d leaves or d melon? How is it prepared?

they share same common names with bitter guord. the fruits are fed to the birds. you may wish to google the name and see the picture of the plant. it is mainly used to control diabetes

1 Like

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by organicfoods(m): 9:59pm On Oct 08, 2016
I lost one chick yesterday. I have been noticing black poo lately and I suspect the dead chick to be responsible. All things being equal... 49 chicks are still bubbling with life. Its like some chicks are destined to die no matter what you give them.

Meanwhile the weight of the chicks are on home runs.

2 mortality so far.

The first pix is the highest weigth recorded after 8 days 177g. The last pix is the lowest weight 122g. Meanwhile, these guys have grubbed more than 8kg already. Average weight stand at 143g.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Mykeolinks: 10:31pm On Oct 08, 2016
Bro please how much and where did u get this digital scale quote author=organicfoods post=50037576]I lost one chick yesterday. I have been noticing black poo lately and I suspect the dead chick to be responsible. All things being equal... 49 chicks are still bubbling with life. Its like some chicks are destined to die no matter what you give them.

Meanwhile the weight of the chicks are on home runs.

2 mortality so far.

The first pix is the highest weigth recorded after 8 days 177g. The last pix is the lowest weight 122g. Meanwhile, these guys have grubbed more than 8kg already. Average weight stand at 143g.[/quote]
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by organicfoods(m): 10:39pm On Oct 08, 2016
Newway2:
I love to know how to implement or use chicken nipple drinker in dip litter system.
Pls show how u use it.

I will! I will be constructing their house next week.
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by organicfoods(m): 8:46am On Oct 09, 2016
Newway2:
Pls do tell us d extracting process

I crushed the fruit with the skin without Washing. Add molasses and lacto bacillus and ferment.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Turks: 9:21am On Oct 09, 2016
Great job! Fermentation is a form of probiotic for the birds. Way to go sir!

2 Likes

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by organicfoods(m): 3:42pm On Oct 09, 2016
I also ferment part of their feed and mix with dry one. They find it difficult eating wet feed.

2 Likes

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Newway2(m): 5:30pm On Oct 09, 2016
According to:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Momordica_charantia

Momordica charantia, known as bitter melon, bitter gourd, bitter squash, or balsam-pea.

eddyline:

they share same common names with bitter guord. the fruits are fed to the birds. you may wish to google the name and see the picture of the plant. it is mainly used to control diabetes

Yes, I blv it's one & d same. Used to control high BP & diabetes.
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Newway2(m): 5:36pm On Oct 09, 2016
I like to buy d nipple/tip drinkers. Pls can u direct me to where I can buy?

organicfoods:
After a serious bargain...=N=145 each
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Newway2(m): 5:46pm On Oct 09, 2016
What's d significance of crushing without washing? What's d quantity of molasses & lacto bacillus u added?

organicfoods:
I crushed the fruit with the skin without Washing. Add molasses and lacto bacillus and ferment.
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by organicfoods(m): 6:48am On Oct 10, 2016
Newway2:
What's d significance of crushing without washing? What's d quantity of molasses & lacto bacillus u added?

I want the micoorgnism on the skin to remain intact. I use weight for weight of molasses and two tablespoon of lacto bacillus to activate and jump start the development of good micro organism for the fermentation process.

1 Like

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by organicfoods(m): 6:54am On Oct 10, 2016
Newway2:

200m away from Citadel at Adamasingba towards Dugbe, check your right, you will the folks selling chicken stuff. I got for 145 with serious bargain.

1 Like

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by organicfoods(m): 7:04am On Oct 10, 2016
Newway2:

200m away from Citadel at Adamasingba towards Dugbe, check your right, you will see the folks selling chicken stuff. I got for 145 with serious bargain.
Meanwhile, chicks are doing excellently well as you can see from the pix...

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by organicfoods(m): 7:12am On Oct 10, 2016
For their water.I make sure I use 50ml of Tagiri. 10ml of Farmer's fertilizer concoction mixed with fish extract from lacto bacillus (farmer's fertilizer is very rich in seaweeds and other growth promoting hormones), 10ml of ginger garlic extract and 10ml of lacto bacillus.

My biosecurity is bullet proof . No heat No Wahala

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Turks: 8:13am On Oct 10, 2016
Way to go! Strick Biosecurity works alongside organic procedures..

3 Likes

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by splashbaby(m): 2:05pm On Oct 10, 2016
Turks:
Way to go! Strick Biosecurity works alongside organic procedures..
yes ooo
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by organicfoods(m): 10:03pm On Oct 10, 2016
This guys are not smilling at all with daily weight gain.

4 Likes

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by maimalari: 10:40pm On Oct 10, 2016
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by buffalowings: 10:44pm On Oct 10, 2016
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Battalion: 10:45pm On Oct 10, 2016
Self employed
Battalion:
Self employed
Self employed
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by AfroBlue(m): 10:45pm On Oct 10, 2016
@organicfoods kudos and immense respect. i love reading these types of stories of self ingenuity on NL. No constant complaining about recession or economic conditions, just sincere efforts of honest hard work and employing your fellow man in order for more blessings to be bestowed your way. salute!

anoda thread that made my day on NL

Nigerian Lady, Olabisi Is A Carpenter & She's Very Proud Of It (Pics)

https://www.nairaland.com/3399393/nigerian-lady-olabisi-carpenter-shes

8 Likes

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by mengho(m): 10:51pm On Oct 10, 2016
well done op, I will try your rising style on my next batch,

although i still use that ancient lantern for my lighting & heating, I think it is the reason why almost 7% die on every batch b4 they reach one month

2 Likes

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by flokii: 10:52pm On Oct 10, 2016
Nice project..

But try to keep their surroundings clean cos of airborne diseases like d Newcastle disease

2 Likes

Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Skoopy(m): 10:55pm On Oct 10, 2016
Good move bro, I'll keep close to your works, hoping it produces a good result.

Advice is, be mindful of over crowding the chicks.

Best wishes.
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by sunnymaja(m): 10:57pm On Oct 10, 2016
It is a good move but lantern is not the ultimate
Re: My Organic Poultry Project (broilers) by Nobody: 10:59pm On Oct 10, 2016
How much for 2 ..Mai price am down before Christmas.. keep up with the good work

5 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply)

30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farming: My Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.