Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,535 members, 7,808,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:11 PM

How To Get A Lost Int'l Passport Back. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How To Get A Lost Int'l Passport Back. (2183 Views)

Construction Of New Terminal At Murtala Mohammed Int'l Airport, Lagos / Help Me Please! I Lost My Int'l Passport / Sanusi Yahaya Yakubu Forgets His Iphone 6 At Noi Bai Int'l Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Get A Lost Int'l Passport Back. by centuryman(m): 9:13pm On Sep 30, 2016
Pls nairalanders kindly help me out.

I lost my int'l passport. It was quite unfortunate I didn't have a copy of the info page.... now i was asked to pay #50k for a new one.

What should I do?

Useful and helpful contributions will be highly appreciated.
Re: How To Get A Lost Int'l Passport Back. by centuryman(m): 4:22pm On May 26, 2017
Lalasticlala, do the needful now. I'm sure there are lots of people in my shoes who would NEED helpful information on how to retrieve their lost passports without having a copy of the information page.

I believe there are people who are knowledgeable about this. Kindly do the needful so that these 'experts' can give their expert contributions.

cc : lalasticlala.
Re: How To Get A Lost Int'l Passport Back. by Annais(f): 4:46pm On May 26, 2017
centuryman:

Lalasticlala, do the needful now. I'm sure there are lots of people in my shoes who would NEED helpful information on how to retrieve their lost passports without having a copy of the information page.

I believe there are people who are knowledgeable about this. Kindly do the needful so that these 'experts' can give their expert contributions.

cc : lalasticlala.
Get to an Immigration office and meet an officer. The charge now should be around 60k since you don't have a copy the data page. Go with 2 passport pictures, police report and court affidavit. The passport number must be included in the documents.
Hope it helps.

1 Like

Re: How To Get A Lost Int'l Passport Back. by centuryman(m): 5:02pm On May 26, 2017
[b][/b]
Annais:

Get to an Immigration office and meet an officer. The charge now should be around 60k since you don't have a copy the data page. Go with 2 passport pictures, police report and court affidavit. The passport number must be included in the documents.
Hope it helps.

Thank you at Annais.

Since I don't have a copy of the information page on which I could have easily retrieve the passport no, what am I to do?

Also, isn't there something else I can do other than your suggestion? Can't I just apply for a new one altogether? Just thinking out loud.

More contributions please.

Thank you.
Re: How To Get A Lost Int'l Passport Back. by Annais(f): 7:29pm On May 26, 2017
centuryman:
[b][/b]

Thank you at Annais.

Since I don't have a copy of the information page on which I could have easily retrieve the passport no, what am I to do?

Also, isn't there something else I can do other than your suggestion? Can't I just apply for a new one altogether? Just thinking out loud.

More contributions please.

Thank you.
I don't know if you can do it without having the passport number.
No, you can't do a new one if the old one is still valid. I'm assuming that it is the new e-passport not the old type that got lost. Once you do a new one it will not go through because it will show that you already have a valid passport.
Even if it has expired, you still need that passport number. It is very important.
I will get back to you on this number issue by next week.
Cheers.
Re: How To Get A Lost Int'l Passport Back. by centuryman(m): 11:04pm On May 26, 2017
Annais:

I don't know if you can do it without having the passport number.
No, you can't do a new one if the old one is still valid. I'm assuming that it is the new e-passport not the old type that got lost. Once you do a new one it will not go through because it will show that you already have a valid passport.
Even if it has expired, you still need that passport number. It is very important.
I will get back to you on this number issue by next week.
Cheers.

Thank you. I really appreciate your time. Waiting to hear from you.
Re: How To Get A Lost Int'l Passport Back. by centuryman(m): 1:50pm On May 30, 2017
centuryman:

Thank you. I really appreciate your time. Waiting to hear from you.
Still waiting to hear from you concerning the passport no @Annais.
Re: How To Get A Lost Int'l Passport Back. by Annais(f): 6:16pm On May 30, 2017
centuryman:

Still waiting to hear from you concerning the passport no @Annais.
Tomorrow please. Bear with me.
Re: How To Get A Lost Int'l Passport Back. by gentilityndu: 5:56am On May 31, 2017
I just did mine yesterday in Abuja. I lost my passport and I don't know the passport number, also I forgot the date of birth I used there cos it has been long (since 2009). I called immigration officer he told me 50k. I had to go Dia myself yesterday. I was captured that same yesterday, to pick it up today by 12pm. Everything cost me 28k or less. one Hausa man I met Dia helped me to facilitate d whole thing.
Re: How To Get A Lost Int'l Passport Back. by Annais(f): 1:39pm On Jun 01, 2017
gentilityndu:
I just did mine yesterday in Abuja. I lost my passport and I don't know the passport number, also I forgot the date of birth I used there cos it has been long (since 2009). I called immigration officer he told me 50k. I had to go Dia myself yesterday. I was captured that same yesterday, to pick it up today by 12pm. Everything cost me 28k or less. one Hausa man I met Dia helped me to facilitate d whole thing.
Centuryman, you can follow the above procedure if you are in Abuja. If you're not, go to any Immigration office and give them your details. They will give you your passport number.
Hope it helps.
Re: How To Get A Lost Int'l Passport Back. by centuryman(m): 7:49pm On Jun 02, 2017
gentilityndu:
Annais:

Centuryman, you can follow the above procedure if you are in Abuja. If you're not, go to any Immigration office and give them your details. They will give you your passport number.
Hope it helps.

Thank you.

Very helpful.
Re: How To Get A Lost Int'l Passport Back. by zedanmatic: 9:13am On Oct 02, 2019
The passport already expired, contact me or inbox me
Re: How To Get A Lost Int'l Passport Back. by luminouz(m): 8:46am On Dec 29, 2021
centuryman....

Did you finally resolve your passport issue?

(1) (Reply)

Anambra Funny Airport Shocking (photo) / Looking For A Friend In Usa / Any Direct Flight From Ilorin To Kano?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.