Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:45 AM

Attributes Of The Judeo/christian God An Insult To Itself? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Attributes Of The Judeo/christian God An Insult To Itself? (4128 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More / Who Created God? - An Invalid Question / Prepare To Meet Your God (An Excerpt): The Rapture And Great Tribulation! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Attributes Of The Judeo/christian God An Insult To Itself? by johnydon22(m): 9:35pm On Sep 30, 2016
I made a comment on a front page thread

https://www.nairaland.com/3368022/why-does-god-create-people#49627369

johnydon22:
The jewish tribal deity yahweh loves the smell of burnt flesh, it is pleasing to him - why should it come as a surprise to you that it plans to set up an eternal barbecue of burning flesh for his own lustful insatiable pleasure and need for burnt flesh.

And i got a bombardment of quotes the next time i logged in from Christians who were obviously offended by my post and some even implying that my post was insultive and blasphemous against God [Judeo/Christian]

chysam:

Before you go astray,the Judaism god doesn't believe in hellfire. It is the Christian god that boast of hellfire through the hellinists. Please google the "hellenists" and get educated further.

This particularly interesting one is distancing the Christian yahweh from the original Judaic Yahweh due to obvious reasons of distinct attributes and almost unreconcilable personalities of the deity.

Here are the other replies
Xflint:

mind the way talk before God strikes u down. However, may God have mercy on u

pedmet:
......You just spoke carelessly about your creator,the one that's holds your LIFE..... Where is common sense in you?..... You seriously need deliverance.

yeyeboi:

May GOD forgive u

Worthy mentions

fyneboi79:
I also ask them in laymans english;How many earthly fathers look up to judging theirs childrens sins and casting away some of their children into eternal damnation one day? It doesn't make any sense,Instead,He should keep loving all his children the same. So what kind of father is the Christian God? Partial to sufferings of his people or powerless against the forces of evil?

emmkeffs:

you are on point

Ok now down to the point -

I'm confused on why the post irked some nerves, i'm confused how the comment was an insult to the Christian deity because anybody who knows Christianity, Yahweh or the bible even in a fundamental sense knows the post is just an explicit truth about the Character.

What part of my post was incorrect or insultive.

That the Christian God loves smell of burnt flesh or That it has a hell to burn people for eternity?

Let us check!!

That Judeo/Christian God love the smell of burnt flesh?

This is a biblical truth, it constitutes the very fabrics of the Judeo religious rituals and tradition.

Genesis 8:20
Then Noah built an altar to the LORD and, taking some of all the clean
animals and clean birds, he sacrificed burnt offerings on it. The LORD
smelled the pleasing aroma…

Exodus 29: 22 -25
“Take from this ram the fat, the fat tail, the fat around the inner parts, the
covering of the liver, both kidneys with the fat on them, and the right thigh.
(This is the ram for the ordination.) From the basket of bread made
without yeast, which is before the LORD, take a loaf, and a cake made with
oil, and a wafer. Put all these in the hands of Aaron and his sons and
wave them before the LORD as a wave offering. Then take them from their
hands and burn them on the altar along with the burnt offering for a pleasing
aroma to the LORD, an offering made to the LORD by fire.

Verse 40
to the LORD, an offering made to the LORD by fire.
With the first lamb offer a tenth of an ephah of fine flour mixed with a
quarter of a hin of oil from pressed olives, and a quarter of a hin of wine as a
drink offering. Sacrifice the other lamb at twilight with the same grain
offering and its drink offering as in the morning—a pleasing aroma , an
offering made to the LORD by fire.

There are tons of other biblical references pointing to this fact - The Judeo/Christian Deity Loves the smell of burnt of flesh

So as it has been shown - This was not an insult from my post but a biblical fact. i wonder why people were disturbed by it.

Jumping to the next point of my post

" why should it come as a surprise to you that it plans to set up an eternal barbacue of burning flesh for his own lustful insatiable pleasure and need for burnt flesh."

Eternal Barbecue

It is a gospel truth that the christian God has a hell [Lake of fire for sinners and unbelievers] (The Judaic Yahweh had no mention or reference to that - as the character of Yahweh goes, hell became part of it's scheme immediately after it was Christianized)

here are some verses from the bible

Rev 21:8
But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually
immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they
will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second
death.”

Matt 13:50
and throw them into the blazing furnace, where there will be weeping
and gnashing of teeth.

To mention but a few and also right here on NL we get countless threads from Christians reminding others of how hell is waiting for them.

Now as i have supported my comment on the Judeo/Christian deity with biblical verses which is exactly the religious book from whence the character is portrayed.

Why then were these Christians disturbed, they read this everyday in the bible, hear it every sunday in church, or on daily basis in the street, buses and even say these things on NL without twitching but if someone makes an exact comment in a very explicit manner they get offended?

Maybe there are things in these attributes that are disturbing, maybe they find these attributes distasteful - there is no more reasonable explanation than this.

How exactly are the attributes of Yahweh as the bible and Christians imply an insult to Yahweh when i say it?

If you get offended when someone mentions the fundamental attributes of your God concept, then maybe there is something wrong with your concept of God..

You either modify these disturbing attributes or live with that bitter truth and continue a gross reverence for complete abhorence.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Attributes Of The Judeo/christian God An Insult To Itself? by sekundosekundo: 9:44pm On Sep 30, 2016
EVEN IF THERE'S NO GOD, I WILL WORSHIP GOD. I cannot be deceived by any Atheist again.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attributes Of The Judeo/christian God An Insult To Itself? by johnydon22(m): 9:46pm On Sep 30, 2016
sekundosekundo:
EVEN IF THERE'S NO GOD, I WILL WORSHIP GOD. I cannot be deceived by any Atheist again.

This is not about whether there are God(s) or not - read the OP to grab the issue at hand.

Why are Christians disturbed by the attributes Yahweh possess?

3 Likes

Re: Attributes Of The Judeo/christian God An Insult To Itself? by xendra: 9:49pm On Sep 30, 2016
I just can't understand why atheist pay so much attention to Christianity the Bible and a God they say does not exist. I know if I really don't believe something exist I would not be bothered, irritated or annoyed by it because I'm convinced it isn't there.

Atheist y'all just keep living in self deceit, its why you are quick to attack anytime you hear God mentioned.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attributes Of The Judeo/christian God An Insult To Itself? by xendra: 9:50pm On Sep 30, 2016
johnydon22:

This is not about whether there are God(s) or not - read the OP to grab the issue at hand.

why are atheist bothered what attributes a God they say doesn't exist possess??

1 Like

Re: Attributes Of The Judeo/christian God An Insult To Itself? by sekundosekundo: 9:51pm On Sep 30, 2016
johnydon22:

ONLY HE THAT CREATED SEKUNDO IS GREATER THAN SEKUNDO.

2 Likes

Re: Attributes Of The Judeo/christian God An Insult To Itself? by Nobody: 9:52pm On Sep 30, 2016
Everyone knows Yahweh loves suya

3 Likes

Re: Attributes Of The Judeo/christian God An Insult To Itself? by johnydon22(m): 9:54pm On Sep 30, 2016
xendra:
why are atheist bothered what attributes a God they say doesn't exist possess??
This has nothing to do with atheist neither does it have to do with any of them being bothered.

I'm not in the least bothered, just wondering the reason why the Christians that quoted me [their posts above] were disturbed?

So this concerns me cus i just made my comment and they mentioned me to rant - so i'm now asking why they find it disturbing..

Maybe you didn't read the OP, You may try and do so

3 Likes

Re: Attributes Of The Judeo/christian God An Insult To Itself? by johnydon22(m): 9:54pm On Sep 30, 2016
sekundosekundo:

ONLY HE THAT CREATED SEKUNDO IS GREATER THAN SEKUNDO.

Go to your home and kneel before the Great Mum and Dad then

2 Likes

Re: Attributes Of The Judeo/christian God An Insult To Itself? by Immorttal: 10:09pm On Sep 30, 2016
sekundosekundo:
No one cares about your god and Atheist can never be deceived by your man-made idea of God. Comprendez?
Re: Attributes Of The Judeo/christian God An Insult To Itself? by xendra: 10:09pm On Sep 30, 2016
johnydon22:
This has nothing to do with atheist neither does it have to do with any of them being bothered.

I'm not in the least bothered, just wondering the reason why the Christians that quoted me [their posts above] were disturbed?

So this concerns me cus i just made my comment and they mentioned me to rant - so i'm now asking why they find it disturbing..

Maybe you didn't read the OP, You may try and do so
you opened a thread and made a comment about a God you believe does not exist. seriously I also wonder why they mentioned you to rant because of your comment instead of asking you why you care atall since to you He doesn't exist

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Attributes Of The Judeo/christian God An Insult To Itself? by johnydon22(m): 10:21pm On Sep 30, 2016
xendra:
you opened a thread and made a comment about a God you believe does not exist. seriously I also wonder why they mentioned you to rant because of your comment instead of asking you why you care atall since to you He doesn't exist

Jesus Christ what is wrong with these people - Since when does making an opinion proportional to whether you think the character is existential..

I can have an opinion about DeadPool, it doesn't mean anything. . These fictitious ideas are conceptual and you can tender an opinion as regards the concepts ... Jeeez!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attributes Of The Judeo/christian God An Insult To Itself? by butterfly88(m): 10:21pm On Sep 30, 2016
xendra:
tryna understand the thread jare....it has nothing to do with believing or not believing

1 Like

Re: Attributes Of The Judeo/christian God An Insult To Itself? by ValentineMary(m): 10:48pm On Sep 30, 2016
Exactly at OP. When I once told some people that Yahweh kills people over meat, they were offended. But that's what he did to Eli sons. If there is a God, the Judeo-Christian God is an insult to him.

Christians only want to hear the part that says "And the meek shall inherit the earth" forgetting the hard reality of the origin.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attributes Of The Judeo/christian God An Insult To Itself? by hahn(m): 10:49pm On Sep 30, 2016
Really though, if there is a God, the abrahamic religions are an insult to the concept
Re: Attributes Of The Judeo/christian God An Insult To Itself? by winner01(m): 11:10pm On Sep 30, 2016
I see nothing wrong here.

God can love the scent or smell of His creation?
Whats the big deal?
A symbol of acceptance of sacrifice?

I dont know where an eternal barbecue is mentioned in scriptures, neither is there any portion of the Bible which specifically states that Hell was made for humans.
Humans can however choose to go to hell if they freely will, but salvation has been provided in Christ Jesus for those who freely will believe in Him.

If you dont like hell, I think its no use talking it away. Your opinion does not change anything, my opinion doesnt change anything.
As a matter of fact, the Gospel is not even christian opinion.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attributes Of The Judeo/christian God An Insult To Itself? by winner01(m): 11:36pm On Sep 30, 2016
ValentineMary:

Christians only want to hear the part that says "And the meek shall inherit the truth" forgetting the hard reality of the origin.
Can you direct us to the scriptural verse you quoted, at least so we can know if you learnt anything from catholicism.
Re: Attributes Of The Judeo/christian God An Insult To Itself? by Ranchhoddas: 12:32am On Oct 01, 2016
xendra:
Oh please. My friends and I discuss Game of Thrones characters like they are real human beings.

5 Likes

Re: Attributes Of The Judeo/christian God An Insult To Itself? by malvisguy212: 6:16am On Oct 01, 2016
johnydon22:

The sacrifice of a righteous man is like a smell of a sweet aroma. Righteous man ( not unrighteous man) The importance of a sacrifice’s aroma is not the
smell but what the smell represents the
substitutionary atonement for sin. God was pleased with the sacrifice and then gave the promise to never again destroy every living creature with a flood.

In fact, the bible also say the smell of a burnt sacrifice is pleasing to the idols even thought it displeased God:
Ezekiel 6:13
13 And you shall know that I am the Lord,
when their slain lie among their idols around
their altars, on every high hill, ron all the
mountaintops, under every green tree, and
under every leafy oak, wherever they offered pleasing aroma to all THEIR IDOLS.

Ephesians 5:2
2 And walk in love, as Christ loved us and
gave himself up for us, a FRAGRANT OFFRING
and sacrifice to God.
Re: Attributes Of The Judeo/christian God An Insult To Itself? by malvisguy212: 6:23am On Oct 01, 2016
xendra:
I just can't understand why atheist pay so much attention to Christianity the Bible and a God they say does not exist. I know if I really don't believe something exist I would not be bothered, irritated or annoyed by it because I'm convinced it isn't there.

Atheist y'all just keep living in self deceit, its why you are quick to attack anytime you hear God mentioned.
To ease their fear,punishment of hell, they need to make themself believe christianity is false. Christianity is a turn to atheists flesh.

2 Likes

Re: Attributes Of The Judeo/christian God An Insult To Itself? by HardMirror(m): 6:45am On Oct 01, 2016
sekundosekundo:
Interesting.
Re: Attributes Of The Judeo/christian God An Insult To Itself? by HardMirror(m): 6:47am On Oct 01, 2016
malvisguy212:
To ease their fear,punishment of hell, they need to make themself believe christianity is false. Christianity is a turn to atheists flesh.
To ease my fear of the Law and Police, I have to lie to my self that the police is not real so I can commit crime. Does that make sense to you?
Re: Attributes Of The Judeo/christian God An Insult To Itself? by HardMirror(m): 6:49am On Oct 01, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Oh please. My friends and I discuss Game of Thrones characters like they are real human beings.
He needs to see star wars fans.
Re: Attributes Of The Judeo/christian God An Insult To Itself? by malvisguy212: 6:56am On Oct 01, 2016
HardMirror:

To ease my fear of the Law and Police, I have to lie to my self that the police is not real so I can commit crime. Does that make sense to you?
It does not make sense at all my brother. So why are atheists putting effort of something that doesn't make sense ?

1 Like

Re: Attributes Of The Judeo/christian God An Insult To Itself? by HardMirror(m): 6:58am On Oct 01, 2016
malvisguy212:
It does not make sense at all my brother. So why are atheists putting effort of something that doesn't make sense ?
Religion is part of our lives.
Re: Attributes Of The Judeo/christian God An Insult To Itself? by malvisguy212: 7:04am On Oct 01, 2016
HardMirror:

Religion is part of our lives.
so, it does make sense after all. Alright.

1 Like

Re: Attributes Of The Judeo/christian God An Insult To Itself? by reallest(f): 7:12am On Oct 01, 2016
HardMirror:

How do u expect Christian to reason
Re: Attributes Of The Judeo/christian God An Insult To Itself? by johnydon22(m): 7:22am On Oct 01, 2016
malvisguy212:

Is this what you tell yourslf? Lol.. ok
Re: Attributes Of The Judeo/christian God An Insult To Itself? by hopefulLandlord: 7:25am On Oct 01, 2016
HardMirror:

Re: Attributes Of The Judeo/christian God An Insult To Itself? by malvisguy212: 7:27am On Oct 01, 2016
johnydon22:

malvisguy212:
The sacrifice of a righteous man is like a smell of a sweet aroma. Righteous man ( not unrighteous man) The importance of a sacrifice’s aroma is not the
substitutionary atonement for sin. God was pleased with the sacrifice and then gave the promise to never again destroy every living creature with a flood.
In fact, the bible also say the smell of a burnt sacrifice is pleasing to the idols even thought it displeased God:
and sacrifice to God.
johnydon22:

Re: Attributes Of The Judeo/christian God An Insult To Itself? by johnydon22(m): 7:27am On Oct 01, 2016
malvisguy212:

and sacrifice to God.

And the bolded is even grosser - it seems Yahweh has a severe lust for bloody sacrifices even to the extent of using a human [Jesus]……

Thanks for bringing more abhorable verses.
Re: Attributes Of The Judeo/christian God An Insult To Itself? by sekundosekundo: 7:30am On Oct 01, 2016
johnydon22:

Go to your home and kneel before the Great Mum and Dad then

I don't need to wait until I get home before I do that and it's none of your business where I do it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Basics Of Christian Walk / If God Is Good, Why Is Nigeria So Bad? / God Made Me Small, Surgery Made Me Tall,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.