Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,819 members, 7,806,307 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:28 PM

Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Blames Goodluck Jonathan For Current Economic Crisis - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Blames Goodluck Jonathan For Current Economic Crisis (1454 Views)

Throwback Photos Of Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala / Okonjo-iweala Blames Jonthan’s Govt For Nigeria’s Woes / APC Not Responsible For Current Economic Hardship – Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Blames Goodluck Jonathan For Current Economic Crisis by Orikinla(m): 11:44pm On Sep 30, 2016
NIGERIA’S former coordinating minister, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala has put the present failure of Nigeria’s economy on the doorstep of Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, an ex-president whom she described as lacking in ‘zero political will to save during the oil boom, whereas the Olusegun Obasanjo’s erstwhile administration saved $22 billion in face of global economic meltdown.

This former World Bank President did not mince words by hitting hard on the profligacy and spending spree of Nigeria’s resources under Jonathan, a situation she said was unfortunate for any resounding growth in economy.

The former minister of finance, on Thursday said the zero political will to save under former President Goodluck Jonathan is responsible for the challenges the country is facing. She emphasized that President Muhammadu Buhari should not be blamed or castigated for the present epilepsy in Nigeria’s economy.

Source:
http://nigeriastandardnewspaper.com/ng/dont-blame-buhari-jonathan-crumbles-nigerias-economy-ngozi-okonjo-iweala-says-gej-zero-political-will-to-save-caused-the-nation-current-woes-lament-under-obasanjos-govt-nigeria-sa/

Re: Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Blames Goodluck Jonathan For Current Economic Crisis by dunkem21(m): 11:45pm On Sep 30, 2016
Sauce undecided

1 Like

Re: Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Blames Goodluck Jonathan For Current Economic Crisis by Oasis007(m): 11:46pm On Sep 30, 2016
Source?!

After a credible Link is provided, someone should pls quote me - I'm reserving my comment till I confirm the authenticity as well as the objectivity of the Post.

1 Like

Re: Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Blames Goodluck Jonathan For Current Economic Crisis by MayorofLagos(m): 11:47pm On Sep 30, 2016
Ngozi is looking for safetynet from EFCC anyway she can get it....typical Ibo, AGIP!

1 Like

Re: Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Blames Goodluck Jonathan For Current Economic Crisis by appini: 11:49pm On Sep 30, 2016
Op

Re: Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Blames Goodluck Jonathan For Current Economic Crisis by Oasis007(m): 11:50pm On Sep 30, 2016
MayorofLagos:
Ngozi is looking for safetynet from EFCC anyway she can get it....typical Ibo, AGIP!

undecided

You really have nothing reasonable to contribute than the above Gibberish?! Mind you..... I'm ain't from the East or South, but we need pray an hope for a United Nigeria!

Happy Independence Day!
Re: Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Blames Goodluck Jonathan For Current Economic Crisis by Orikinla(m): 11:54pm On Sep 30, 2016
Oasis007:

undecided

You really have nothing reasonable to contribute than the above Gibberish?! Mind you..... I'm ain't from the East or South, but we need pray an hope for a United Nigeria!

Happy Independence Day!

Re: Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Blames Goodluck Jonathan For Current Economic Crisis by shortgun(m): 11:57pm On Sep 30, 2016
APC=Shame
Re: Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Blames Goodluck Jonathan For Current Economic Crisis by id911(m): 12:13am On Oct 01, 2016
You guys not tired of propaganda and fake news? Even Liar Mohammed will be laughing seeing this fabricated article

1 Like

Re: Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Blames Goodluck Jonathan For Current Economic Crisis by HERSLEY(f): 12:23am On Oct 01, 2016
APC and propaganda angry
Re: Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Blames Goodluck Jonathan For Current Economic Crisis by SMARTKOSSY: 12:29am On Oct 01, 2016
APC well done ooo
Re: Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Blames Goodluck Jonathan For Current Economic Crisis by bizza45: 1:11am On Oct 01, 2016
9ja dey 4kup, but Na pdp and APC cause am

1 Like

Re: Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Blames Goodluck Jonathan For Current Economic Crisis by opribo(m): 1:35am On Oct 01, 2016
Just imagine she is not even abashed that as the person made the coordinating minister she can open her big mouth and talk like this. A person that should be languishing in jail if anything went wrong in that economy. Was she not the one challenging Sanusi when he blew whistle why didnt she blow her own whistle then.
If her hands are clean why did she run away from the country when GEJ lost the election. Anyway let me assume that this is a fake news. Tghats how they behave when they are begging for another political office but unfortunately bubu does not have her time, let her continue with them wherever she is. I am aware bubu is romancing with some GEJ ministers with a view to engaging them to help out.

1 Like

Re: Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Blames Goodluck Jonathan For Current Economic Crisis by Standing5(m): 1:43am On Oct 01, 2016
Strange. I can't believe she finally nails the coffin.
Re: Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Blames Goodluck Jonathan For Current Economic Crisis by Standing5(m): 1:46am On Oct 01, 2016
opribo:
Just imagine she is not even abashed that as the person made the coordinating minister she can open her big mouth and talk like this. A person that should be languishing in jail if anything went wrong in that economy. Was she not the one challenging Sanusi when he blew whistle why didnt she blow her own whistle then.
If her hands are clean why did she run away from the country when GEJ lost the election. Anyway let me assume that this is a fake news. Tghats how they behave when they are begging for another political office but unfortunately bubu does not have her time, let her continue with them wherever she is. I am aware bubu is romancing with some GEJ ministers with a view to engaging them to help out.
What is this one yarning? The woman said the obvious.
The woman who demanded to be paid in dollars under OBJ only to realize dollarization of our economy is bad under GEJ in 2014. Wailers.

1 Like

Re: Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Blames Goodluck Jonathan For Current Economic Crisis by ejilife: 2:05am On Oct 01, 2016
So GEJ is now the APC governors like Amaechi, Adams Oshiomole and others that took the govt to court insisting that even the few saved dollars should be shared and further savings stopped?
Re: Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Blames Goodluck Jonathan For Current Economic Crisis by ejilife: 2:22am On Oct 01, 2016
This is a recycled news which she has clarified. She said that it the govt under GEJ that lacked the political Will to save and it was caused by the activities of NOW and ex APC governors like Rotimi Amaechi, Adams Oshiomole who took the govt to court insisting that even the saved money should be shared and the court agreed with them and NOT GEJ as a person. It's appalling that rather than blame the APC governors that caused the problem APC as a party is trying hard to twist her statement to exonerate the crooks in their folds.

2 Likes

Re: Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Blames Goodluck Jonathan For Current Economic Crisis by freakthingz(m): 2:41am On Oct 01, 2016
I see her taking kemi's job soon

this jona blaming is buharis economic policy

dem no fit plan for future na to the look backwards

(1) (Reply)

Raymond Dokpesi Biography, Profile, History And Age / See What Governor Ikpeazu Did To Aba-owerri Road In Aba. / The Case Of Nigeria's Missing President: Newyork Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.