Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,444 members, 7,801,060 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:28 AM

Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit (32189 Views)

Here Are 10 Nigerian Gospel Songs That Will Move You / Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. / The Logical Fallacies Of Richard Dawkins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by freecocoa(f): 10:01am On Oct 02, 2016
You gotta be kidding me, like you seriously expect people to read all that nonsense? Ebuka isi adiro gi nma.

3 Likes

Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by allanphash7(m): 10:01am On Oct 02, 2016
Baseless thread

1 Like

Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:06am On Oct 02, 2016
freecocoa:
You gotta be kidding me, like you seriously expect people to read all that nonsense? Ebuka isi adiro gi nma.

Baby girl , the thread was not created for people like you and Jack Bizzle wink
Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by Nipplesfreak(m): 10:07am On Oct 02, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by hopefulLandlord: 10:08am On Oct 02, 2016
freecocoa:

2 Likes

Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by Azeebi(m): 10:14am On Oct 02, 2016
Another mentally enslaved article.

5 Likes

Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by freecocoa(f): 10:17am On Oct 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Baby girl , the thread was not created for people like you and Jack Bizzle wink
Biko what sort of people was it created for, people with a deathwish?
Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:18am On Oct 02, 2016
freecocoa:
Biko what sort of people was it created for, people with a deathwish?

If you have a deathwish , then its for you grin
Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:20am On Oct 02, 2016
Azeebi:
Another mentally enslaved article.

What does this even mean
Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by Nobody: 10:21am On Oct 02, 2016
Just upgraded my list of fallacies
Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by ZUBY77(m): 10:21am On Oct 02, 2016
JackBizzle:

Projection fallacy- pushing your own failed arguments on your opponent.

Christians like you only believe in God because there is no evidence to prove otherwise.

Good Summary.
They all take it that since there is no evidence yet to prove God doesn't exist, it means he or she exists.
And they never try to discover anything, they just hang around non evidence to believe.

2 Likes

Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by neocortex: 10:21am On Oct 02, 2016
It is ironic that someone who preaches faith now accuse atheists of logical fallacies.
Please tell is faith and logic compatible ?
If a point is logical it requires no faith, hence the op can be regarded as faithless person.

7 Likes

Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by pressplay411(m): 10:22am On Oct 02, 2016
We need abridged version biko. Too long
Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by Ranchhoddas: 10:37am On Oct 02, 2016
How the hell did this get to front page?

2 Likes

Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by khalhokage(m): 10:37am On Oct 02, 2016
Funny that every one of these apply also to theists.

1 Like

Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by Proffdada: 10:39am On Oct 02, 2016
Abeg where is Ifeann?
She can spice up the thread grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:40am On Oct 02, 2016
neocortex:
It is ironic that someone who preaches faith now accuse atheists of logical fallacies.
If a point is logical it requires no faith, hence the op can be regarded as faithless person.

A person's personality does not affect the argument , this means this post could from anyone - atheist , theist , agnostic .

I'm not making accusations - I'm providing evidence for every logical fallacy listed .

The truth is , atheists are not logical thinkers . There is no logical thinking when there are logical fallacies .

There are so many other fallacies you guys commit , I just had to trim it down to ten .

Don't let me create a part two of this thread angry angry

grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by toheebDOTcom(m): 10:41am On Oct 02, 2016
ireneony:
There are better things to discuss about other than all these gibberish. Op i sense you still live under a comfortable roof..cos you have time to analyse everything

You said it all! No pressing issues...
Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by Kgdavid(m): 10:46am On Oct 02, 2016
JackBizzle:

Projection fallacy- pushing your own failed arguments on your opponent.

Christians like you only believe in God because there is no evidence to prove otherwise.

wrong! we who believe in God have plenty evidence of His existence. You just don't agree with us about the evidence but to us it is 100 percent veracious.

1 Like

Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by Kgdavid(m): 10:49am On Oct 02, 2016
neocortex:

the op does not talk about his own faith in the post... he is talking about atheism. the fact that he uses logic and logical constructs to critic those who profess to be logical does not mean that he also applies logical thinking to matters of his faith. how did you arrive at that conclusion?

but there is also logic to faith, we must only disagree on what is logic (upon which you have no monopoly of definition).

1 Like

Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by jojothaiv(m): 10:56am On Oct 02, 2016
People will always have one or two reasons to back up whatever they choose to believe him...

Anyway, who am i to even say that?

We are who we are..

1 Like

Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by xtervaganza(m): 10:58am On Oct 02, 2016
If I begin to tell you the lies in the bible I'll bomb you out of Internet with FACTS

1st of, let there be light. Accordingto your book of lies(the bible) God said let there be light when he hasn't created the sun

So where did that light come from?

The bible recorded the 1st , 2nd and 3rd without the sun? Do you bible illiterates realise the only reason we have days is because of the sun?

1 Like

Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by mankand(m): 10:59am On Oct 02, 2016
Op your first argument about the existence of jesus is nothing but fallacies.

To start with, there is no tomb of any biblical character that have been found till this day.

The existence of jesus have been proven to be false, even the books attributed to Matthew, Mark, luke and John have been confirmed to be written not by them but by different characters bit credited to them

No one till date have been able to prove ray hagins wrong by proving the existence of any biblical character as he claimed to take care of anyone till his or her death who can prove the existence of any biblical character.

Archeologies haven't been able to prove that too so this thread is stale

2 Likes

Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by xtervaganza(m): 11:03am On Oct 02, 2016
Tell me about this lies in your supposed 'holy' book

Geb 22:1 vs James 1:13
Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by xtervaganza(m): 11:04am On Oct 02, 2016
mankand:
Op your first argument about the existence of jesus is nothing but fallacies.

To start with, there is no tomb of any biblical character that have been found till this day.

The existence of jesus have been proven to be false, even the books attributed to Matthew, Mark, luke and John have been confirmed to be written not by them but by different characters bit credited to them

No one till date have been able to prove ray hagins wrong by proving the existence of any biblical character as he claimed to take care of anyone till his or her death who can prove the existence of any biblical character.

Archeologies haven't been able to prove that too so this thread is stale
you de mind am.

He talked about the existence of his Jesus and then he couldn't even give us a proof( even if it's not convincing)
Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by neocortex: 11:06am On Oct 02, 2016
Kgdavid:

the op does not talk about his own faith in the post... he is talking about atheism. the fact that he uses logic and logical constructs to critic those who profess to be logical does not mean that he also applies logical thinking to matters of his faith. how did you arrive at that conclusion?

but there is also logic to faith, we must only disagree on what is logic (upon which you have no monopoly of definition).

If you believe in the bolded you are simply faithless.
Maybe checking the dictionary for what faith means
might help you.

You see I do not need faith to know the sun or water exists,
but without faith the existence of a god crumbles, that is why
the "holy books" kept hammering on faith.

1 Like

Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by Kgdavid(m): 11:10am On Oct 02, 2016
neocortex:

If you believe in the bolded you are simply faithless.
Maybe checking the dictionary for what faith means
might help you.

You see I do not need faith to know the sun or water exists,
but without faith the existence of a god crumbles, that is why
the "holy books" kept hammering on faith.

your understanding of faith and mine are probably different. i have faith and i have logic. your conclusion that faith must exclude logic is a man-made idea. the Bible itself does not exclude logic
Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by WORLDPEACE(m): 11:11am On Oct 02, 2016
JackBizzle:

You do realise that as a christian you have no moral standing to complain about groupthink! Your whole religion relies on it!
It still does not change the fact that Atheist are guilty of it. Your response is useless to the argument.
Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by xtervaganza(m): 11:12am On Oct 02, 2016
Isiah 45:7 “I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.”
Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by frubben(m): 11:12am On Oct 02, 2016
ireneony:
There are better things to discuss about other than all these gibberish. Op i sense you still live under a comfortable roof..cos you have time to analyse everything

The thing just tire me oooo, nigga gat no job hence all dis bullship
Re: Atheism And Logical Fallacies : Here Are 10 Logical Fallacies Atheists Commit by neocortex: 11:15am On Oct 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

A person's personality does not affect the argument , this means this post could from anyone - atheist , theist , agnostic .

I'm not making accusations - I'm providing evidence for every logical fallacy listed .

The truth is , atheists are not logical thinkers . There is no logical thinking when there are logical fallacies .

There are so many other fallacies you guys commit , I just had to trim it down to ten .

Don't let me create a part two of this thread angry angry

grin grin

Let me argue from your point of view because each point and example you attached
to them are a topic on their own, committing fallacy doesn't invalidate a position
so long as the main points still stand.
There is still no human-independent evidence for the existence of a god or gods,
that is the main atheist argument and is devoid of any fallacy

You claimed a creator exists without providing evidence, this is illogical
as assumptions based on ignorance can never replace objective evidence.

In case you do not know, existence of fallacy in one of the arguments in a case does
not discredit the entire case so long the crust of the argument is untouched,
judges don't just acquit a criminal because a prosecutor committed a fallacy, the
case is judged holistically based on its entire merits or demerits

Your disingenuous tactic of "atheist fallacy" is a myth as nothing other than disbelieve
in the existence of a god defines an atheist, any other atheist belief is likely a personal
conviction.
e.g denying or accepting that jesus ever existed doesn't make anyone more or less of
an atheist.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Prophet Marcus K.O. Tibetan's Prophesy For 2018 / RCCG Church Abuja Attacked, Looted And Burnt By Suspected Extremists (Photo) / Dr. Sign Fireman Is A True Man Of God!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.