Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,326 members, 7,780,810 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:59 PM

The Train Station In Abuja Didn't Work Today. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Train Station In Abuja Didn't Work Today. (22220 Views)

This Is Iju Train Station, Agege, Lagos! (see PHOTOS) / Abeokuta Railway: FG Relocates Abeokuta Train Station Again / A Nairalander's Experiences On The Train From Port-Harcourt To Kano In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Train Station In Abuja Didn't Work Today. by Nobody: 8:22am On Oct 01, 2016
So I wanted to take a train ride today with my Friend and colleague to Kaduna. I first went to the station at Idu on Thursday to know how much the fare is and how to locate the station. I was told I couldn't pre order my ticket and would have to come on Saturday.

This morning, we got there just in time to meet the first train for 7am. We met many other Nigerians there who were ranting. Some came with their kids after promising a ride in the train only to find this notice on the Ticketing entrance.

Some set of people were at the train station on Friday, yesterday to make enquiries about the fare and travel time, they were not told that the trains wouldn't work today.

Two men were there yesterday to board the 2pm train for Friday but they missed it and were asked to join the first train today by 7pm, only for them to get there and find this notice.

Some of their staff even resumed work today only to find the notice. What kind of maintenance would be taking place on the 1st of October, a Saturday, a day most passengers would like to travel?

I find it rather convenient that they didn't announce it on their website or on radio. The trains only travel by 7am and 2pm, can't maintenance be carried out between this time without disruption of service? How is it that it is all the trains that need maintenance or is it the softwares, applications or systems that need maintenance?

Is it that they don't have a PR manager or Communications officer that could make this announcement at least, 24 hours earlier? Why did the maintenance come in such short notice?

How many airlines or transport companies close because of a "maintenance" ?

Trains that haven't worked in years, now it is working and Nigerians are willing to patronise it, look at how we ourselves are messing up. Do we have to privatise every sector before they will work efficiently?

I just weak for this country, another reason I don't have anything to celebrate on this Independence. Let's not forget I haven't seen light since on Monday.

Cc Lalasticlala abeg.

7 Likes

Re: The Train Station In Abuja Didn't Work Today. by yeyeboi(m): 8:25am On Oct 01, 2016
Ok
Re: The Train Station In Abuja Didn't Work Today. by Ussyberry(m): 8:29am On Oct 01, 2016
Till now I don't know

1) how much is the train ticket?

2) how long does it take?

Please anybody with info

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Train Station In Abuja Didn't Work Today. by Nobody: 8:32am On Oct 01, 2016
Ussyberry:
Till now I don't know

1) how much is the train ticket?

2) how long does it take?

Please anybody with info

The train is 600 naira for the normal coach, 900 naira for first class. I don't know the duration.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Train Station In Abuja Didn't Work Today. by Boleyndynasty2(f): 8:49am On Oct 01, 2016
On a day like this, the train stations should work more than ever. Well am yet to enter a train sef undecided

6 Likes

Re: The Train Station In Abuja Didn't Work Today. by Bekwarra(m): 8:54am On Oct 01, 2016
Sorry

Kpele oko mi Akanke
Re: The Train Station In Abuja Didn't Work Today. by dustmalik: 8:58am On Oct 01, 2016
Sad to hear. By the way, you said you haven't had light since Monday. What part of Abuja is that?

1 Like

Re: The Train Station In Abuja Didn't Work Today. by Nobody: 9:01am On Oct 01, 2016
dustmalik:
Sad to hear. By the way, you said you haven't had light since Monday. What part of Abuja is that?

Airport road o. And other people have light. No one is saying what the issue is.
Re: The Train Station In Abuja Didn't Work Today. by omohayek: 9:06am On Oct 01, 2016
IamMissMarvel:

Trains that haven't worked in years, now it is working and Nigerians are willing to patronise it, look at how we ourselves are messing up. Do we have to privatise every sector before they will work efficiently?

I would have thought the answer to this would be obvious to most Nigerians by now: yes! Since when has anything government-run ever functioned properly in Nigeria? Private owners would never tolerate their assets sitting idle when they could be earning revenue from fee-paying customers.

2 Likes

Re: The Train Station In Abuja Didn't Work Today. by zanebaddo(m): 9:08am On Oct 01, 2016
. Let nobody wish or say to me happy independence today o... it's a warning!!! ! Fucck you and your zoogeria

By the way.. Has the wife of the CBN governor been rescued? I heard they will suspend operation crocodile cry so that thousands of soldiers can be sent after her abductors..

. God is just too merciful to Nigerian politicians.. The level of divine mercy in their lives is hardly felt by the poor masses why?

18 Likes

Re: The Train Station In Abuja Didn't Work Today. by dustmalik: 9:21am On Oct 01, 2016
IamMissMarvel:

Airport road o. And other people have light. No one is saying what the issue is.
Oh, I see. We've no such problem here in Wuse.
Re: The Train Station In Abuja Didn't Work Today. by Nobody: 4:08pm On Oct 01, 2016
Re: The Train Station In Abuja Didn't Work Today. by Alexander001(m): 4:08pm On Oct 01, 2016
Some people can be very annoying sha How will you borrow somebody's cloth and then goes ahead to slim fit it?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Train Station In Abuja Didn't Work Today. by NobleG1(m): 4:08pm On Oct 01, 2016
Nigerians mismanage everything!
Re: The Train Station In Abuja Didn't Work Today. by Phiniter(m): 4:08pm On Oct 01, 2016
Sad. Of all days.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Train Station In Abuja Didn't Work Today. by Nobody: 4:09pm On Oct 01, 2016
forget mentainance, they went for break and just used that for excuse

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Train Station In Abuja Didn't Work Today. by darocha1: 4:09pm On Oct 01, 2016
The train is on public holiday. Allow the train self observe rest. lol
Re: The Train Station In Abuja Didn't Work Today. by Pavore9: 4:09pm On Oct 01, 2016
NRC saw no reason why they should announce through the media the disruption of service before hand! angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Train Station In Abuja Didn't Work Today. by MzMercie: 4:10pm On Oct 01, 2016
Nigeria my Country
The notice should have been given at least 5 days before
Re: The Train Station In Abuja Didn't Work Today. by oluwaVaz(m): 4:11pm On Oct 01, 2016
Abeg what are we celebrating for, when common indomie hungry man size is costly, please we all should stay indoors and pray let Oluwa show us his mercy..... I Don talk finish, na comot I dey

1 Like

Re: The Train Station In Abuja Didn't Work Today. by ChappyChase: 4:11pm On Oct 01, 2016
My name is Marvey,
I am 23 years old,
I have never entered a train befor,
And am a Nigerian grin grin grin grin
Happy INDEPENDENCE

1 Like

Re: The Train Station In Abuja Didn't Work Today. by Vickiweezy(m): 4:11pm On Oct 01, 2016
Nigerians! Nigerians!! Nigerians!!!
Una too like talk & wahala.
If the train work, una go talk say the ride dey no go well or dey messed up due to bad management,etc...
if accident sup, una go talk say poor maintenace or juju dey involved...
now wey dem no gree work due to say dem dey conduct maintenance...
una dey complain.
Nawa ooo!! I tire for una ooo!!!

3 Likes

Re: The Train Station In Abuja Didn't Work Today. by cbay(f): 4:12pm On Oct 01, 2016
If the train is due for maintenance then allow them to fogger job. Better safe than sorry.

When the train works., It's beautiful.

As for communication, that's an age old problem with Nigeria. Sorry

2 Likes

Re: The Train Station In Abuja Didn't Work Today. by HoldenCaulfield(m): 4:13pm On Oct 01, 2016
Well does it really matter?
Re: The Train Station In Abuja Didn't Work Today. by chumaster(m): 4:13pm On Oct 01, 2016
It's part of Naija@56 celebration

Meanwhile,
I/SHE SERIOUSLY NEEDS YOUR HELP AND SUPPORT!!!
Please we need you to support her to win the most beautiful Igbo girl Universe award.

We deeply appreciate your effort.

Just click the facebook link below and hit the 'LIKE' button and also share with your friends.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=909378985833642&substory_index=0&id=768486623256213

GOD BLESS YOU!
Re: The Train Station In Abuja Didn't Work Today. by SurePresident: 4:15pm On Oct 01, 2016
h
Re: The Train Station In Abuja Didn't Work Today. by seunlayi(m): 4:18pm On Oct 01, 2016
Hope this govt won't be stoned at the end of their tenure?

1 Like

Re: The Train Station In Abuja Didn't Work Today. by eaglechild: 4:18pm On Oct 01, 2016
Hmm

Everything Buhari touches withers away.
Re: The Train Station In Abuja Didn't Work Today. by Nobody: 4:19pm On Oct 01, 2016
Governments go use public money take execute project still dey charge the people ontop am instead of making it free.
Re: The Train Station In Abuja Didn't Work Today. by hahn(m): 4:19pm On Oct 01, 2016
Pavore9:
NRC saw no reason why they should announce through the media the disruption of service before hand! angry

We are not in Kenya bro.

Things are not done properly here undecided
Re: The Train Station In Abuja Didn't Work Today. by Readonee35L(m): 4:20pm On Oct 01, 2016
WELCOME TO NIGERIA.
I'd shoot Any fool who talks to me about Independence.
Fucking Country angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Drug Trafficking, Fraudulent Activities Responsible For Visa Ban - Seychelles VP / Policeman Caused Death Of My Brother In Accident In Warri - Man Cries Out (Pics) / First Nation Airlines Suspends Operations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.