Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,727 members, 7,805,976 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:35 AM

How Did You Choose Your Partners? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Did You Choose Your Partners? (5031 Views)

Did You Have This Kind Of Parent As A Kid? How Did You Survive? / Can You Use Your Partners Tooth Brush? / How Did You Propose To Your Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Choose Your Partners? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Oct 02, 2016
When you get to a stage in your life, you will stop being 'choosy'.

Make hay while the sun shines. You won't even find the opposite of what you want when you become desperate.

As for me, my connection with him determines. I actually have a thing for tall guys but there must be an attraction too.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Choose Your Partners? by Florblu(f): 4:11pm On Oct 02, 2016
I don't have a long list just be:
Presentable (Though I don't get attracted to extremely short guys)
Intelligent(be a bit of everything)
Godly
Industrious
Good English with a good sense of humor (I don't wanna have a house like burial ground)
Romantic (Nonnegotiable
Re: How Did You Choose Your Partners? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Nov 07, 2016
forreelinc:
Scatter the pictures of your options in a circle and play spin the bottle

cheesy
This cracked me up!!!
Re: How Did You Choose Your Partners? by jashar(f): 9:24pm On Nov 07, 2016
@ chronique (hope I got that right), attractiveness is relative. smiley

'sides, there are a lot of homely girls that guys tend to overlook cuz they ain't flashy.

With a l'il brushing up, the girl next door can become vavavoom..... wink

1 Like

Re: How Did You Choose Your Partners? by chronique(m): 10:55pm On Nov 07, 2016
jashar:
@ chronique (hope I got that right), attractiveness is relative. smiley

'sides, there are a lot of homely girls that guys tend to overlook cuz they ain't flashy.

With a l'il brushing up, the girl next door can become vavavoom..... wink

True. I don't look out for Miss flashy.
Re: How Did You Choose Your Partners? by jashar(f): 10:59pm On Nov 07, 2016
chronique:

True. I don't look out for Miss flashy.

Good good. So, that girl next door you've been glazing over, it's time to give her a 2nd look wink.

She just might be the 'maid' version of Cinderella. grin
Re: How Did You Choose Your Partners? by chronique(m): 11:21pm On Nov 07, 2016
jashar:

Good good. So, that girl next door you've been glazing over, it's time to give her a 2nd look wink.

She just might be the 'maid' version of Cinderella. grin

When I see her, I'd look at her. cheesy
Re: How Did You Choose Your Partners? by SirShymexx: 11:32pm On Nov 07, 2016
Lol, what happened to being GMB for life, breh? grin

Anyway, let me help you out. In today's world, women and people in general can't be trusted and there's a thin line between good and bad when it comes to women, albeit "good"and "bad" also depend on your outlook cos what's good to you might be bad to the next person and vice versa. When you become cognizant with the fact that a lot of folks that are outwardly "good" are inwardly bad (faces of angels and hearts of the devil), while those who're outwardly "bad" are inwardly good - you would know that a lot of things are overrated.

Also, people do change, hence if you're planning to go the long haul with a female, you need to always have this at the back of your mind. At one point, Lucifer was an angel...and a lot of serial killers and mass murderers today were innocent/cool people who wouldn't hurt a fly. That's life for you. So, when making that decision - you always need to look at the bigger picture and not get caught up in the moment.

With me, once the level of education, which is essential, so as to be on the same level for understanding/connection/relation - loyalty, respect, and attractive physical qualities/aesthetics that will stand the test of time (with normal maintenance) and keep me attracted to the long walk became paramount. Then I rejoiced cos I know I found myself a real one. The type that's mostly extinct in this new age.

And now this is the ringtone to our lives:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNwwZ56xz8A

If there's a question of my heart, you've got it/
It don't belong to anyone but you/
If there's a question of my love, you've got it/
Baby don't worry, I've got plans for you/
Baby, I've been making plans, oh love/
Baby, I've been making plans for you/
Baby, I've been making plans/
Baby, I've been making plans for you

~TheEnd

1 Like

Re: How Did You Choose Your Partners? by chronique(m): 2:24am On Nov 08, 2016
SirShymexx:
Lol, what happened to being GMB for life, breh? grin

Anyway, let me help you out. In today's world, women and people in general can't be trusted and there's a thin line between good and bad when it comes to women, albeit "good"and "bad" also depend on your outlook cos what's good to you might be bad to the next person and vice versa. When you become cognizant with the fact that a lot of folks that are outwardly "good" are inwardly bad (faces of angels and hearts of the devil), while those who're outwardly "bad" are inwardly good - you would know that a lot of things are overrated.

Also, people do change, hence if you're planning to go the long haul with a female, you need to always have this at the back of your mind. At one point, Lucifer was an angel...and a lot of serial killers and mass murderers today were innocent/cool people who wouldn't hurt a fly. That's life for you. So, when making that decision - you always need to look at the bigger picture and not get caught up in the moment.

With me, once the level of education, which is essential, so as to be on the same level for understanding/connection/relation - loyalty, respect, and attractive physical qualities/aesthetics that will stand the test of time (with normal maintenance) and keep me attracted to the long walk became paramount. Then I rejoiced cos I know I found myself a real one. The type that's mostly extinct in this new age.

And now this is the ringtone to our lives:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNwwZ56xz8A

If there's a question of my heart, you've got it/
It don't belong to anyone but you/
If there's a question of my love, you've got it/
Baby don't worry, I've got plans for you/
Baby, I've been making plans, oh love/
Baby, I've been making plans for you/
Baby, I've been making plans/
Baby, I've been making plans for you

~TheEnd

Sorry, what's being GMB for life? Pardon my ignorance pls. grin
Re: How Did You Choose Your Partners? by baby124: 6:17am On Nov 08, 2016
You don't choose the woman, the woman chooses to be with you. Though you will like to think otherwise. But it's true! Even the ugliest woman has multiple men wooing her, if you mess up, it's so easy to be dumped by a woman and she will move on very quickly.

If you are the kind of person you want to attract you shouldn't have a problem. I find it strange that some of your so called spec do not take you seriously. Maybe you play too much or do not have a record of serious and respectable relationships. Girls do gossip you know?

Forget the talk about girls not knowing what they want. They do. Especially the pretty ones because they have many proposals and are in the position to pick and choose who they want. They will usually go for a guy that has something they desire most. It could be money, looks or behavior.

When you meet a girl, don't rush into sex or making crazy sex advances so soon. Respect her space and ask questions that matter. Show maturity, self respect, seriousness, and never portray a fake life. Just be you and do not play games. Doing this will give you the opportunity to know whether she's looking for a long term thing or not.

Within at least a year, you should be able to tell if you can spend the rest of your life with someone. Encourage them to be themselves and study them carefully. Nothing attracts and keeps a woman more than a man that is confident, shows maturity even if rejected, respects himself and others, makes good decisions, rational or realistic, hardworking and is responsible.

A pretty, good girl with model looks is very achieveable. You just have to also have what she is looking for. Some girls are also looking for a good man. But you have to back up your claims through your actions. Girls are no fools my dear, we are more intuitive than men. We can usually tell if a man is no good. Though some like to pretend a terrible man is good, so they can create a man that does not exist out of an animal. Those set of women are delusional.

7 Likes

Re: How Did You Choose Your Partners? by oloyede252(m): 8:20am On Nov 08, 2016
baby124:
You don't choose the woman, the woman chooses to be with you. Though you will like to think otherwise. But it's true! Even the ugliest woman has multiple men wooing her, if you mess up, it's so easy to be dumped by a woman and she will move on very quickly.

If you are the kind of person you want to attract you shouldn't have a problem. I find it strange that some of your so called spec do not take you seriously. Maybe you play too much or do not have a record of serious and respectable relationships. Girls do gossip you know?

Forget the talk about girls not knowing what they want. They do. Especially the pretty ones because they have many proposals and are in the position to pick and choose who they want. They will usually go for a guy that has something they desire most. It could be money, looks or behavior.

When you meet a girl, don't rush into sex or making crazy sex advances so soon. Respect her space and ask questions that matter. Show maturity, self respect, seriousness, and never portray a fake life. Just be you and do not play games. Doing this will give you the opportunity to know whether she's looking for a long term thing or not.

Within at least a year, you should be able to tell if you can spend the rest of your life with someone. Encourage them to be themselves and study them carefully. Nothing attracts and keeps a woman more than a man that is confident, shows maturity even if rejected, respects himself and others, makes good decisions, rational or realistic, hardworking and is responsible.

A pretty, good girl with model looks is very achieveable. You just have to also have what she is looking for. Some girls are also looking for a good man. But you have to back up your claims through your actions. Girls are no fools my dear, we are more intuitive than men. We can usually tell if a man is no good. Though some like to pretend a terrible man is good, so they can create a man that does not exist out of an animal. Those set of women are delusional.
in as much as your post is awesome your opinion that women choose men is only applicable to low income earner because of obvious reasons.
Re: How Did You Choose Your Partners? by baby124: 1:41pm On Nov 08, 2016
oloyede252:

in as much as your post is awesome your opinion that women choose men is only applicable to low income earner because of obvious reasons.
Excuse me, even rich men have to propose? And who says yes or no? You think you are the only one interested in your girlfriend or even wife and promising her heaven or earth to be with her? There will always be someone richer, finer more intelligent than you interested in your woman. That she is with you, is because she chose you. Men truly have little control over that you know? Though they convince themselves for ego reasons that they do.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Choose Your Partners? by oloyede252(m): 2:35pm On Nov 08, 2016
baby124:

Excuse me, even rich men have to propose? And who says yes or no? You think you are the only one interested in your girlfriend or even wife and promising her heaven or earth to be with her? There will always be someone richer, finer more intelligent than you interested in your woman. That she is with you, is because she chose you. Men truly have little control over that you know? Though they convince themselves for ego reasons that they do.
you are funny. I don't like your mentality. people choose each other but being a rich guy will give you so many options (gals ) to choose from. if you rich the probability of a lady choosing you is at minimum.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Choose Your Partners? by Ganjababe: 3:04pm On Nov 08, 2016
Loving this thread. Am married with a kid.
Truth be told, I got everything I wanted in my husband, we just clicked. Slim and Talk with boyish looks. Sure he thinks same about me. Am pretty with a killer shape plus a First Class Graduate (*bragging mode*) though he wishes am like 6 feet tall (lol)
In summary, we might be lucky and all get what we want, even in the weirdest place. Met Bae on a street

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Choose Your Partners? by chronique(m): 7:23am On Nov 22, 2016
Thnk your hubby has my kind of look. Happy for you.
Ganjababe:
Loving this thread. Am married with a kid.
Truth be told, I got everything I wanted in my husband, we just clicked. Slim and Talk with boyish looks. Sure he thinks same about me. Am pretty with a killer shape plus a First Class Graduate (*bragging mode*) though he wishes am like 6 feet tall (lol)
In summary, we might be lucky and all get what we want, even in the weirdest place. Met Bae on a street
Re: How Did You Choose Your Partners? by femsheart(f): 7:50am On Nov 22, 2016
Iamhatey:
When you get to a stage in your life, you will stop being 'choosy'.

Make hay while the sun shines. You won't even find the opposite of what you want when you become desperate.

As for me, my connection with him determines. I actually have a thing for tall guys but there must be an attraction too.
Getting the "right one" is like business; when one begin to make losses one wouldn't need a prophesy to change the business plan.... Its common sense, if one must succeed one must make the ryt changes @ d "ryt" tym!
Re: How Did You Choose Your Partners? by Onegai(f): 10:18am On Nov 22, 2016
Chronique, if the girls with your specs are not taking you seriously, its most likely because you are not their spec. You've described an above average girl in your specs, have you honestly asked yourself if you are an above average suitor? Because if you are an above average suitor, you will attract your specs easily. Your definition of how awesome you are is very relative to your environment: the girls who think you are a catch vs the girls who know they have better prospects than you.

You may have to adjust your specifications to meet your reality. Just because you met a pretty, homely, intelligent, decent girl in a bus doesn't mean her prospects are not good and she doesn't have great options. Plus a lot of people don't believe in that "I have prospects" talk, Nigeria is filled with millions of "I have prospects" and only 20% will actually fulfill it.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Choose Your Partners? by Nobody: 11:32am On Nov 22, 2016
Mine is good looks, character, sense of responsibility to himself and his loved ones, a hardworker, selflessness to an extent and when he strikes a cord in what he says,or how he talks, with good and wise communication skills.
And that's who am with kiss
Love you boo.. U know yourself smiley
Re: How Did You Choose Your Partners? by TV01(m): 11:39am On Nov 22, 2016
...a frontal assault that made my eyes water and a rear end that simply demanded serious time and exploration. Still dabbing my eyes and delighting in my exploration...discovered some things about character and disposition along the way grin...I'm a man na wetin cool .

TV
Re: How Did You Choose Your Partners? by chronique(m): 11:46am On Nov 22, 2016
I had to go read my post again,based on what you wrote and I'm amazed at how you came to your submission. Perhaps,you're writing based on a different view from what I wrote. At what time did I say people weren't taking me serious? Secondly,I don't sit in my house and start fantacizng about Otedola or Dangote's chldren. I cut my clothes according to my size and from the average setting that I come from and belong to,I don't think I've approached someone beyond my level. Except you're talking about ladies from broke backgrounds,who like to set a standard that they never had the privilege of experiencing. That being said,let's use you as an example. Let's assume you're pretty,intelligent and educated but do not meet up with my moral standards,or you have the afore mentioned but have a different religious background and I see us havng serious misunderstandings based on your beliefs;what do I do? When I talk about specifications of a lady being what I want,these basic things I ask must not be lacking. And of course,some of the people who tend to tick all of these boxes,are sometimes married,engaged or in a serious relationship. Matching up with their standards doesn't mean they must quit their union for you.
Onegai:
Chronique, if the girls with your specs are not taking you seriously, its most likely because you are not their spec. You've described an above average girl in your specs, have you honestly asked yourself if you are an above average suitor? Because if you are an above average suitor, you will attract your specs easily. Your definition of how awesome you are is very relative to your environment: the girls who think you are a catch vs the girls who know they have better prospects than you.

You may have to adjust your specifications to meet your reality. Just because you met a pretty, homely, intelligent, decent girl in a bus doesn't mean her prospects are not good and she doesn't have great options. Plus a lot of people don't believe in that "I have prospects" talk, Nigeria is filled with millions of "I have prospects" and only 20% will actually fulfill it.
Re: How Did You Choose Your Partners? by Onegai(f): 1:11pm On Nov 22, 2016
chronique:
I had to go read my post again,based on what you wrote and I'm amazed at how you came to your submission. Perhaps,you're writing based on a different view from what I wrote. At what time did I say people weren't taking me serious? Secondly,I don't sit in my house and start fantacizng about Otedola or Dangote's chldren. I cut my clothes according to my size and from the average setting that I come from and belong to,I don't think I've approached someone beyond my level. Except you're talking about ladies from broke backgrounds,who like to set a standard that they never had the privilege of experiencing. That being said,let's use you as an example. Let's assume you're pretty,intelligent and educated but do not meet up with my moral standards,or you have the afore mentioned but have a different religious background and I see us havng serious misunderstandings based on your beliefs;what do I do? When I talk about specifications of a lady being what I want,these basic things I ask must not be lacking. And of course,some of the people who tend to tick all of these boxes,are sometimes married,engaged or in a serious relationship. Matching up with their standards doesn't mean they must quit their union for you.

I know where I'm coming from, because I was once like you. It took a while for me to understand because it didn't make sense. I can't type an epistle now, but maybe I'll explain one day.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Getting Pregnant - Trying To Conceive / Please Give Me Another Chance To Live Again / I won't marry you cos your mother has "Cancer"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.