Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,033 members, 7,807,069 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:10 AM

Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? (6957 Views)

Is It Possible For Believers Not To Sin? / 'Laughing' Church Banner In Calabar By Believers' Right Ministry (Photo) / Healing And Deliverance For Believers! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 01, 2016
Well, I asked this question but I will give a response which I think the answer is and maybe you can give a different response which you think the answer is.

Sickness is a state where good health is missing and can also be described as something that is corrupting a good and healthy state of being. When Adam sinned, he condemned all of humanity to suffer the consequences of that sin, one of which is sickness. The sickness of someone can be the will of God but not in all cases because some people sick because of their own negligence and nonchalant attitude towards their own health and well being.

But again some ailment in some believers can be the will of God to bring about His sovereign purpose to glorify Himself and to exalt His holy name. God can devise so many approach to draw you close to Him and one of which is sickness and after your tussle with the ailment and your mind is finally made up to follow Christ, He will take away the ailment eventually and you will live your life like a new born baby.

God can also use sickness as a method of discipline or as a judgement against sin, though sickness is certainly the result of the fall of man into sin but God is very much in control and will never allow Satan to go beyond his boundaries in the life of a sick believer and the case of Job is an example of this.

So my dear nairalanders, do you think otherwise? If yes, please give your reasons. Thanks and God bless.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by forreelinc(m): 10:18am On Oct 01, 2016
grin ah ah na God tell you make you no dey watch your health?
Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by Nobody: 10:21am On Oct 01, 2016
forreelinc:
grin ah ah na God tell you make you no dey watch your health?
not at all my dear and that's the reason I said " some people sick because of their own negligence and nonchalant attitude towards their own health and well being"

3 Likes

Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by freakthingz(m): 10:21am On Oct 01, 2016
Take it like this pathogens e.g viruses and bacteria dont discriminate

Christian, pagan, muslim, buddhist, atheist everybody gets sick everybody must die one day

We are mere mortals if religion helps you deal with the fear of the unknown after life kudos to you but yeah everybody gets sick

12 Likes

Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by thesicilian: 10:23am On Oct 01, 2016
Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth. - 3John 1:2
This is what I believe and what I live.
I do not believe that God will make me sick just to prove a point or glorify himself, even if some people may be able to find 'examples' from the Bible. Every good and perfect gift (including health) comes from the Lord and every sickness from the Evil One. Again this is what I believe and what I live by.

10 Likes

Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by forreelinc(m): 10:24am On Oct 01, 2016
Jesuobu:
not at all my dear and that's the reason I said " some people sick because of their own negligence and nonchalant attitude towards their own health and well being"

All sickness have to do with nonchalant attitude towards health and well being
Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by Nobody: 10:45am On Oct 01, 2016
forreelinc:

All sickness have to do with nonchalant attitude towards health and well being
I beg to differ. Remember some people are born with one sickness or the other. The bible scripture below will convince you that not all sickness is as a result of the individuals carelessness but the will of God. Read below...

John 9:2-3 ==>His disciples asked him, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?" "Neither this man nor his parents sinned," said Jesus, "but this happened so that the works of God might be displayed in him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by forreelinc(m): 11:08am On Oct 01, 2016
Jesuobu:
I beg to differ. Remember some people are born with one sickness or the other. The bible scripture below will convince you that not all sickness is as a result of the individuals carelessness but the will of God. Read below...

John 9:2-3 ==>His disciples asked him, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?" "Neither this man nor his parents sinned," said Jesus, "but this happened so that the works of God might be displayed in him.
Yea not necessarily nonchalance alone but we live in a synthetic world filled with things that either have an expiry date or side effects
Think of any sickness in the world and I'll tell you how man has something to do with it
Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by orunto27: 4:09pm On Oct 01, 2016
Satan inflicts every bad things on our unconscious Minds. Satan makes us sick, worry, abandon, forget, hate and fall. Satan is responsible for change to bad Government
Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by aaccountable1: 8:00pm On Oct 01, 2016
Jesuobu:
Well, I asked this question but I will give a response which I think the answer is and maybe you can give a different response which you think the answer is.

Sickness is a state where good health is missing and can also be described as something that is corrupting a good and healthy state of being. When Adam sinned, he condemned all of humanity to suffer the consequences of that sin, one of which is sickness. The sickness of someone can be the will of God but not in all cases because some people sick because of their own negligence and nonchalant attitude towards their own health and well being.

u started well sir. the origin of sickness is Adam's sin. which means that sickness is not the original will of God just as Adam's sin was not the will of God. it was a consequence of Adam's sin. neither the cause nor it's consequence is God's will

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by aaccountable1: 8:03pm On Oct 01, 2016
freakthingz:
Take it like this pathogens e.g viruses and bacteria dont discriminate

Christian, pagan, muslim, buddhist, atheist everybody gets sick everybody must die one day

We are mere mortals if religion helps you deal with the fear of the unknown after life kudos to you but yeah everybody gets sick

not everybody gets sick. of course I'm not expecting u to believe it! but its true.

1Pe 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by aaccountable1: 8:08pm On Oct 01, 2016
Jesuobu:

do u agree sir that there is a difference btw permitting( or not preventing) something and being the cause or doer of the thing?

1 Like

Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Oct 01, 2016
aaccountable1:

do u agree sir that there is a difference btw permitting( or not preventing) something and being the cause or doer of the thing?
I don't get you please. Make it clearer.
Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Oct 01, 2016
Lalasticlala let's get people's response
Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by FreeSpirited: 11:55pm On Oct 01, 2016
What do you mean by will of God? Apostle Paul battled with an ailment all through his ministry. Anybody can be ill...its natural to get sick if there is imbalance in the body health system.
Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by 4everGod1: 7:25am On Oct 02, 2016
@ the OP I will speak using my personal life. I Once believed sickness was for everyone until I saw where the Bible said that if the spirit of God dwells in me He will give life to my mortal body and I took that scripture and applied it to my life 21yrs ago and till date I have NEVER been sick or visited any hospital for check up. I never suffer from any sickness even if there is an epidemic of it....I walk free.

Sickness is an infirmity and infirmities are not of God but life, strenght and peace are. If any man be in Christ old things are passed away...Behold ALL THINGS are become new.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by Nobody: 7:49am On Oct 02, 2016
It is the will of Satan and not God.. A good tree can never begat a bad fruit.

1 Like

Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by MadCow1: 7:50am On Oct 02, 2016
God has no will for anyone... grin grin grin

It just would not make sense that God's will for some is filled with so much negativity whilst others get an almost seamless ride through life..
Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by Maxcollins042(m): 7:51am On Oct 02, 2016
ok
Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by QuietHammer(m): 7:52am On Oct 02, 2016
How can someone claim not to have been sick for 21years ?

2 Likes

Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by allanphash7(m): 7:52am On Oct 02, 2016
Op i hope you were thought what MRNIGERD in secondary school
Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by allanphash7(m): 7:54am On Oct 02, 2016
You must be prof in LIEING
4everGod1:
@ the OP I will speak using my personal life. I Once believed sickness was for everyone until I saw where the Bible said that if the spirit of God dwells in me He will give life to my mortal body and I took that scripture and applied it to my life 21yrs ago and till date I have NEVER been sick or visited any hospital for check up. I never suffer from any sickness even if there is an epidemic of it....I walk free.

Sickness is an infirmity and infirmities are not of God but life, strenght and peace are. If any man be in Christ old things are passed away...Behold ALL THINGS are become new.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by Nobody: 7:54am On Oct 02, 2016
No headache too?
4everGod1:

1 Like

Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by Akshow: 7:55am On Oct 02, 2016
Tell me with a straight face that this is the will of God.

4 Likes

Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by Techpaded(f): 7:55am On Oct 02, 2016
No! But some sickness might be trial, like that of Job.

I'm also pounding on this statement: Doctors will pray for people to fall sick (to get customers), while people will pray for good health to stay away from hospitals)

so who then goes to hospital??
Sinners?
Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by Nobody: 7:56am On Oct 02, 2016
I don't think Baba God wants bad for anybody, however If there were no sickness, there would be no doctors, nurses, pharmacists and tens of other allied health disciplines.
Jesus himself is our role model, The Great Physician.
So while sickness is inevitable, the healing power of Jesus is always there for us to tap into

2 Likes

Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by mmsen: 7:56am On Oct 02, 2016
aaccountable1:

There is no difference if the being in question is supposed to be the all powerful creator of all things.

If god has pre ordained all things then his omissions are intentional and a considered part of the plan.
Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by Nobody: 7:57am On Oct 02, 2016
DONT START ARGUING THIS MORNING U CANT NEVER UNDERSTAND THE WAYS OF GOD ITS FAR OUR COMPREHENSION.. SO LIVE YOUR LIFE WHILE YOUR STILL ALIVE.

CHEERS

4 Likes

Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by Sunglow: 7:57am On Oct 02, 2016
No it is not the will of God.Scriptural ref: "For they that dwell in Zion shall not say I am sick".Divine health and healing has been made available in Christ.

1 Like

Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by AyamConfidence(m): 8:01am On Oct 02, 2016
ok
Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by mabea: 8:01am On Oct 02, 2016
Jesuobu:

But again some ailment in some believers can be the will of God to bring about His sovereign purpose to glorify Himself and to exalt His holy name. God can devise so many approach to draw you close to Him and one of which is sickness and after your tussle with the ailment and your mind is finally made up to follow Christ, He will take away the ailment eventually and you will live your life like a new born baby.

God can also use sickness as a method of discipline or as a judgement against sin, though sickness is certainly the result of the fall of man into sin but God is very much in control and will never allow Satan to go beyond his boundaries in the life of a sick believer and the case of Job is an example of this.

So my dear nairalanders, do you think otherwise? If yes, please give your reasons. Thanks and God bless.
I think the tittle of this topic should be different from this based on the above points.

God's will for you or anyone else is not sickness. Yes you may suffer sickness as a consequence of sin but it is not God's will for you.

God tempts no one but He chastises to correct but that doesn't mean that it is His will for you to fall sick.

1 Like

Re: Is It The Will Of God For Believers To Fall Sick? by Etizz: 8:02am On Oct 02, 2016
to me, sickness is just among the trials.....

I think it's natural to be sick......

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Accepting Jesus Christ The Same Thing As Being Born Again? / Were Some People Existing Before Adam And Eve? / What Is The Order Of Events In Your Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.