Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,065 members, 7,807,193 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:54 AM

Help!i M Searching For My Dad. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help!i M Searching For My Dad. (2497 Views)

My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help / See What My Dad Found In His Food / Divorce - Why Cant Women Say "I M Sorry"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!i M Searching For My Dad. by joanpaul25: 6:44pm On Oct 15, 2009
My name is Joan Paul am born of a Nigerian Mother by name Mary Okosun (a business woman now known as Felicia Hogan Bassey) and Trinidad and Tobago Father by name Capt. Neville Paul (he is sailor from Port of Spain) whom I am searching for.

He met my mother in Nigeria in 1978; he used to work with inland water ways and then Wale Sea Foods. I was born on 25th December 1979 and my younger sister on the 11th of December 1981.

According to my mother and her relations he should be between 50-55 years of age when he came to Nigeria. She has very limited information.

Please someone, anyone with relevant information contact me on 08055079737 or joanpaul25@yahoo.com.
Thanks and God bless.

N.B:the picture below is a look alike of him.we don't have a picture of him because my mum change her location several times.Hence alot of things got missing.

Re: Help!i M Searching For My Dad. by joanpaul25: 6:57pm On Oct 15, 2009
My name is Joan Paul am born of a Nigerian Mother by name Mary Okosun (a business woman now known as Felicia Hogan Bassey) and Trinidad and Tobago Father by name Capt. Neville Paul (he is sailor from Port of Spain) whom I am searching for.

He met my mother in Nigeria in 1978; he used to work with inland water ways and then Wale Sea Foods. I was born on 25th December 1979 and my younger sister on the 11th of December 1981.

According to my mother and her relations i am a carbon copy of him and that he should be between 50-55 years of age when he came to Nigeria. She has very limited information.

Please someone, anyone with relevant information contact me on 08055079737 or joanpaul25@yahoo.com.
Thanks and God bless.
Re: Help!i M Searching For My Dad. by nellaluv(f): 7:52pm On Oct 15, 2009
Re: Help!i M Searching For My Dad. by Nobody: 9:31pm On Oct 15, 2009
its hard to track sailors oh.

Good luck as you search.
Re: Help!i M Searching For My Dad. by Radiant(f): 9:53pm On Oct 15, 2009
nellaluv:

I'm sorry to say, but i think your father should be dead by now.

Why would you say such a thing?
Re: Help!i M Searching For My Dad. by joanpaul25: 10:18pm On Oct 15, 2009
yeah some pple say he might be dead but atleast cant i get to knw my step brothers n sisters?
for crying out loud the only person i attempted to call father as a child till when i was 16 throw me out of his house.i forgive him(that aside), i just want 2 knw my pple. ever1one seems 2 give up on dis issue.even if he is dead i want 2 c his grave a put a flower or smtin ther n let him knw dat i still love him even in death.
plz help.
Re: Help!i M Searching For My Dad. by joanpaul25: 10:21pm On Oct 15, 2009
i knw sailor r hard 2 track bt if u can help plz do.
Re: Help!i M Searching For My Dad. by Radiant(f): 10:27pm On Oct 15, 2009
Relax dear. . you'll find your family one day. Continue your search. Take care.
Re: Help!i M Searching For My Dad. by nellaluv(f): 11:25pm On Oct 15, 2009
Didn't u guys read her story. She said her father's age was between 50-55 years in 1978. How old would u think he would be 2day. Abegi o. @poster u could start by googleing his name online, u would be surprised at what u might find, u might find a connection. Goodluck, don't lose hope.
Re: Help!i M Searching For My Dad. by Radiant(f): 12:05am On Oct 16, 2009
nellaluv:

nellaluv:

Didn't u guys read her story. She said her father's age was between 50-55 years in 1978. How old would u think he would be 2day. Abegi o. @poster u could start by googleing his name online, u would be surprised at what u might find, u might find a connection. Goodluck, don't lose hope.

You said the man "should" be dead by now as if you can give and take life when you wish. That was a very wrong statement. If you didn't have anything better to say you should have moved on to another thread. What d'u mean by "should be dead by now"? So everyone must die at 80-85? Puhlz!
Re: Help!i M Searching For My Dad. by mamagee6(f): 2:04am On Oct 16, 2009
I'm sorry but I have never seen that type of face before im my entire life. grin grin grin
Re: Help!i M Searching For My Dad. by ifyalways(f): 4:23pm On Oct 16, 2009
Sailors are hard to trace but if your mum can still remember the company/sealine he worked for,it wud make it easier for you.U can also try Trinidad and Tobago online forum.Goodluck
Re: Help!i M Searching For My Dad. by jamace(m): 2:34am On Oct 19, 2009
Sailors are hard to trace but if your mum can still remember the company/sealine he worked for,it wud make it easier for you.U can also try Trinidad and Tobago online forum.Goodluck

Yea. Good advice for the poster here.
Re: Help!i M Searching For My Dad. by vission: 4:22pm On Oct 19, 2009
@poster- joan paul,

PLEASE try face book, enter the surname and with luck you will locate him or your fathers family, good luck kiss

1 Like

Re: Help!i M Searching For My Dad. by joanpaul25: 11:19am On Oct 21, 2009
hi peeps, there is hardly any search engine i havnt used.
Re: Help!i M Searching For My Dad. by oyinlaifa(m): 12:47pm On Oct 23, 2009
Am sorry for that, but all i can say is that if he is still alive am very very sure that you will see him by God grace. Did you say Amen to that,
Re: Help!i M Searching For My Dad. by N101: 11:58am On Dec 27, 2009
@ poster, you may want to try writing/emailing some of the Trinidadian newspapers - even if you can't track him you may be able to track some of your relatives there:

Trinidad & Tobago Express
Trinidad & Tobago's Newsday
The Trinidad Guardian

You might as well go to the source. If you can glean any information from your mother about your father's family (e.g. where in Trinidad they're from), that would help. 

Incidentally, if that isn't a real photo of your dad, I suggest you not use it. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Help!i M Searching For My Dad. by coolier(f): 6:16pm On Dec 27, 2009
nellaluv:

Didn't u guys read her story. She said her father's age was between 50-55 years in 1978. How old would u think he would be 2day.

Between 81 and 86yrs. Better late than never!
Re: Help!i M Searching For My Dad. by Nobody: 10:01pm On Aug 13, 2010
nellaluv:

I know this thread's old, but I'm shocked at what you posted in response!
Re: Help!i M Searching For My Dad. by SeanT21(f): 1:44am On Aug 14, 2010
Hope you find him!!
Re: Help!i M Searching For My Dad. by nellaluv(f): 6:28am On Aug 14, 2010
Siena:

I know this thread's old, but I'm shocked at what you posted in response!

I posted it out of ignorance, i was still new then embarassed .

I hope she has found her dad.
Re: Help!i M Searching For My Dad. by Nobody: 7:52am On Aug 14, 2010
nellaluv:

I posted it out of ignorance, i was still new then embarassed .

I hope she has found her dad.

That's better. We all make blunders here and there. smiley
Re: Help!i M Searching For My Dad. by femmy2010(m): 5:29am On Aug 17, 2010
Nothing is impossible and I do wish you find him.
Re: Help!i M Searching For My Dad. by joanpaul25: 10:49pm On May 26, 2013
hello all. thanx 4 ur responses. still no success @ my search. u can still help plz if u can. thanx.
Re: Help!i M Searching For My Dad. by joanpaul25: 1:28pm On Jan 29, 2015
hello people happy new year. i am still on this matter ooo! Well i believe God will help me. God be praised!
Re: Help!i M Searching For My Dad. by baby124: 1:33pm On Jan 29, 2015
Sailors and oil workers na den bad pass for this kain thing. Why not go to a forum for that country or do an internet search. Looking for a foreigner on a Nigerian website will not work. The probability that your dad is late is also very high as he had you in old age. You may meet his family members though who may not accept you. So prepare for the worst so you are not disappointed.
Re: Help!i M Searching For My Dad. by veave(f): 4:22pm On Jan 29, 2015
Hmmmn... write to their national tv. if that is not his picture, don't use it at all... even if you do not meet him, you'll meet other people. Don't be surprised, he might have tried to locate you. Please ask your mother more questions. This information is too scanty. Ok?
Re: Help!i M Searching For My Dad. by mgbeketoto: 11:16am On Jan 30, 2015
I don't know why you are looking for your father.
They were not married and he does not even know you exist.
Please, channel your energy somewhere else before he adds to your paternity woes with a NEGATIVE DNA result! kiss

Try a T&T website, he might be one of the 'SUPER-MODERATORS' dia! cheesy

*sounds like a fake tori sha* lipsrsealed
Re: Help!i M Searching For My Dad. by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jan 30, 2015
joanpaul25:
hello people happy new year. i am still on this matter ooo! Well i believe God will help me. God be praised!
Since 2009, have you been proactive with your search or did you just post this on NL with the hopes of finding some information via this site alone? Do you know which region in T&T he is from? You seem to be working with very limited information. Have you thought about joining a few Trini forums and posting your story there? I'm sure're there're some online. I think writing a Trini newspaper is also a good idea. Hopefully, you will find a relation of his, if not him. All the best.

2 Likes

Re: Help!i M Searching For My Dad. by Expressions(m): 6:25am On Feb 01, 2015
Yields:

Since 2009, have you been proactive with your search or did you just post this on NL with the hopes of finding some information via this site alone? Do you know which region in T&T he is from? You seem to be working with very limited information. Have you thought about joining a few Trini forums and posting your story there? I'm sure're there're some online. I think writing a Trini newspaper is also a good idea. Hopefully, you will find a relation of his, if not him. All the best.
Smart one there.
Re: Help!i M Searching For My Dad. by 1miccza: 7:56pm On Feb 01, 2015
mamagee6:
I'm sorry but I have never seen that type of face before im my entire life. grin grin grin

Where you been wan see am?For orunmila shrine??
Re: Help!i M Searching For My Dad. by joanpaul25: 6:22am On May 21, 2019
Thanks for everything guys.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shocking Photos: Man Marries His Dead Girlfriend / Mom Is Having An Affair With Dad (Not Her Husband) / Marry Her And Be Disowned

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.