Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,477 members, 7,808,744 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:09 PM

Is There No More Rice At Home ? This Is What You Should Do. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Is There No More Rice At Home ? This Is What You Should Do. (1146 Views)

WE Sell The Famous Destoned Abakaliki Rice At 7500 And 14500 / How To Cook Your Coconut Rice At Home / 5 Reasons You Should Cook At Home Instead Of Eating Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is There No More Rice At Home ? This Is What You Should Do. by younqjohn01(m): 2:57pm On Oct 01, 2016
From time immemorial, the trusted Nigerian retort has always being ‘there’s rice at home’. It’s not a retort many foreigners will understand but I will attempt to explain it.

Nigerians have a near spiritual relationship with Rice. It holds the exalted position as a celebratory meal; Sunday rice, party rice…you know where I’m going with this. Nigerians see you eating Jollof rice and start wondering what to congratulate you on; did your wife just put to bed, did you get a promotion?

Away from celebrations, many adults will remember going out with their parents and doing longthroat whenever one wanted a treat. It is the place of a Nigerian mother to remind you that you will not get the treat because there is rice at home.

Rice also has healing qualities and has mystical abilities to fix spoilt phones and electronics;put it in rice.

When our Coat of Arms is redesigned, aderica of rice and an ‘I-pass-my-neighbor’ generators will be included. Amen?

Alas! There’s now a threat to rice and by extension our collective existence. With rising inflation and at the rate the Naira is dancing ruggedly to Lagbaja’s ‘Konko below’, Rice have cost.

Reports reaching us indicate that a bag of rice is now N20,000.

It’s official folks, rice has finished at home. Please don’t be childish, soak Garri.

And if you find a bag of rice lying around idly, don’t be stupid please,

source......................http://360loaded.com/2016/10/is-there-no-more-rice-at-home-this-is-what-you-should-do/
Re: Is There No More Rice At Home ? This Is What You Should Do. by Zikavirus(m): 3:09pm On Oct 01, 2016
stop taking weed bro. u were getting this write up befor until d weed just begin dey affect your head.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Toothpaste Dispenser + Toothbrush Holder / Do You Use This To Cook / Various Kinds Of Food Container Making Machine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.