Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,825 members, 7,802,632 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:52 PM

How To Build A Tech Startup As A Non-technical Founder - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How To Build A Tech Startup As A Non-technical Founder (1097 Views)

A Tech Startup Programmer / Anoying Things A Non Technical Client Has Asked U To Build / Web Developer And Designer Needed For Tech Startup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Build A Tech Startup As A Non-technical Founder by thestarta: 3:10pm On Oct 01, 2016
Everybody knows that software is eating the world.

But have you ever been frustrated by what software developers say to you?

Have you ever thought to yourself, ‘I don’t know what they are talking about, but I’ll just nod as if I do!’?

Have you ever been asked a technical question about your idea/business, and then not known how to answer it?

Have you been frustrated by having an idea, but then having no clue how it could be implemented technically, and how to even begin?

If you are a non technical person who is looking to build a tech startup and you have no clue where to start or what to do, here are the 13 key things you must know about technology as a non-tech entrepreneur.

1. Most Tech is NOT Hard
If you have ever had a conversation with a tech guy concerning what they do, chances are your eyes end up looking glazed at the end of the discussion. Tech guys love to tell you that what they do is really hard and they might be right.

Some technology definitely is hard, think about algorithmic trading, or airline flight controls . However, Most technology is actually not that hard, especially when all you want to do is to create an application that enables your users to buy a product online.

2. Make sure you have an MVP
You’ve got to focus on the Minimal Viable Product.

You need to ask and answer the question what is the MINIMUM your application needs to do in order to be successful? Focus on finding the answer for this question and forget the rest for now.
If you do not have an MVP, you will constantly be distracted by good ideas and good ideas are always available.

3. Get a CTO

You need a chief technology officer.

That means having someone who understands both the business and the technology in your core team. Without a CTO, you will struggle with business and technology.

No smart investor will take your company serious if you are building a tech product without someone in your team who understands both the business and the tech behind it.

By the way, your CTO is NOT just someone who can code!!!

Your CTO should know about software architecture and project management.

4. Consider all options

software programming

In technology there is always more than one perfectly reasonable technical solution.

Make sure you consider the options, and don’t get bullied into one solution. Some developers for example only really know one technology so they try and use it to solve every problem. Avoid boxing your product into a tech solution that may not scale as you grow.

continue reading www.thestarta.com/articles/starting/build-tech-startup-non-technical-founder/
Re: How To Build A Tech Startup As A Non-technical Founder by talk2hb1(m): 5:20pm On Oct 01, 2016
OKAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

(1) (Reply)

What's the Spec of your workstation? / Coding And Online Biz / How Do I Set Up Git On My Whogohost Shared Server?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.