Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,858 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:20 AM

I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! (72159 Views)

My Wife Lied About Her Genotype / Sadiya Lawal's Divorce Story: "I Was Still A Virgin, 3 Years After My Wedding" / How Can I Save My Aunts Marriage? Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by nickxtra(m): 4:46pm On Oct 01, 2016
My marriage to my wife is facing a serious challenge, after I discovered from my wife's WAEC certificate, that the date of her birth on the result is 6 years more than what she told me and what has been in all her non academic documents, including her C.V. Actually, i have seen all her academic certificates, including her NYSC discharge certificate, but never saw her S.S.C.E and FSLC results that normally bear dates of birth. Each time i ask her for them in order to compile all the credentials for job application purposes, she would tell me that her WAEC, NECO and primary school results are in a box, with her mum in thier home town; that she would ask her mum to bring them. I gnomo her mum lager came with them for her.

Eventually, a serious sure job came for which i would need these credentials to forward to the organization. She gave me the WAEC result with the excuse that age forgot the NECO and FSLC in her current office, which she promised to bring. Lol and behold! What i saw on the WAEC result is a date of birth 6 years higher than what she told me and what is in her C.Vs.

I called her attention and she started giving me excuses that hold no water. She is saying that the same DOB were erroneously registerd for her when, perhaps they were registering her for both WAEC and NECO. That when the results came out and she noticed the errors, she complained and applied to correct same, but since then, the exam authorities have not corrected them. I have not come to terms with the this discovery. I think this may cause us peace, thrust and love in pur marriage.

My brothers and sisters, i think am contemplating of what action to take against her and am contemplating a divorce, but our two children are still very small for this. I want to report this issue to her family and mine. Am gradually withdrawing my trust for her.

I need matured advice and suggestions that will see me through this.

16 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by OLUWAcypris1(f): 4:49pm On Oct 01, 2016
Hmmmm

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by EfemenaXY: 4:53pm On Oct 01, 2016
Mtcheeew!!

You want to divorce her anyway - this is just an excuse. So go ahead make we hear word.

P.S: Aren't you the same guy who was peeved because his wife wouldn't share her toiletries with??

447 Likes 25 Shares

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by fopdnewton: 4:53pm On Oct 01, 2016
subscribing...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by emeraldknytt(m): 4:53pm On Oct 01, 2016
From my point of view, I foresee no deal breaker in your stale epistle. So far her lie hasn't affected you negatively or potentially, there is no reason to quit your marriage. Truth is, if you cant handle well something as trivial as this, I wonder what you would do if she told you those kids ain't yours.... grin .... Be patient and tolerable

***modified***

Quoting lereinter, metallisc, danidee10, vislabraye, dapsonlou......
When I said the word "trivial", I placed it relatively to other pressing issues that ultimately lead to separation, severance of ties, divorce and its related terms. I want you to pay special cognizance to the emboldened words in the quote below...
....that the date of her birth on the result is 6 years more than what she told me and what has been in all her non academic documents, including her C.V

If you read that quote comprehensively, you will know and confirm that the OP lacks ample evidence. He was easily swayed by what he saw, obviously he has had thoughts and doubts of his wife's said age. Just Waec credential isnt enough to reach a conclusion, most especially when one's grand finale is Divorce!!! Haba, that is an OVERKILL. To me, age difference (most esp, unconfirmed) is a non factor to warrant such wanton penalty as DIVORCE.

Dont misconstrue tha message, amigos... Great day ahead! cool

414 Likes 20 Shares

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by werthy(m): 4:58pm On Oct 01, 2016
Op, you have been enjoying a woman who is older than you for about five years and yet you arw conplaining about age wahala,

Its not even about the most important thing which is her respect for you

Bro.... you are still a boy...

Tired of seeing babies with grown fallangies inbetween their legs getting married because the feel they have aged enough

314 Likes 14 Shares

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by dollyjoy(f): 4:58pm On Oct 01, 2016
You want to divorce a legally married woman who has risked her life to make you a man because of age issues? Nigga you are bluffing!!

Your stance would have been understandable if the affair is just a b.fr and g.fr thing.

171 Likes 11 Shares

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by Richy4(m): 5:11pm On Oct 01, 2016
Is another girl knocking at the side door OP?

Why is this an issue to you instead of the employers..?

Do you now realize that she was older than you or what?

is she committing adultery?

is she not a good mother to your kids?

Does her n@kedness look different or aged overnight since you Now discovered the age discrepancy ?

What precisely is the problem here? This is something that could be overlooked when there is love....

People are different anyways.. but i can only have trust issue with a lady when I have an evidence that she is "running around" not something as petty as age difference.....If She like let her be 100 and claim 15 for all I care as long as she is a wonderful mother to my children and attend to my needs..

227 Likes 12 Shares

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by NOC1(m): 5:30pm On Oct 01, 2016
Pls don't divorce forgive her.
but why do ladies lie a lot, my uncle divorced because the wife lied to him that he studied law, while she studied english.

There lies na mumu lie

84 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by chuksbogus2001: 5:31pm On Oct 01, 2016
All those that comment didn't address the issue at hand .you guys are absolving the wife of any wrong doing making it look like the guy I not suppose to feel bad after finding out this.what is there are other things this guy is yet to find out.I expect people to first condemn the wife for lying to the husband .in fact she deceived the guy into the marriage.if the guy is aware of the age then he can make an inform decision .

Now ,op I know u are feeling bad about this but you have to put urself together.has she not been a food wife to u? remember her good attributes and forgive her. I guess she did it cos she doesn't want to loose u.

347 Likes 26 Shares

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by Nobody: 5:54pm On Oct 01, 2016
Lots of childish Nigerian men everywhere undecided

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by Fadamant: 6:15pm On Oct 01, 2016
nickxtra:
My marriage to my wife is facing a serious challenge, after I discovered from my wife's WAEC certificate, that the date of her birth on the result is 6 years more than what she told me and what has been in all her non academic documents, including her C.V. Actually, i have seen all her academic certificates, including her NYSC discharge certificate, but never saw her S.S.C.E and FSLC results that normally bear dates of birth. Each time i ask her for them in order to compile all the credentials for job application purposes, she would tell me that her WAEC, NECO and primary school results are in a box, with her mum in thier home town; that she would ask her mum to bring them. I gnomo her mum lager came with them for her.

Eventually, a serious sure job came for which i would need these credentials to forward to the organization. She gave me the WAEC result with the excuse that age forgot the NECO and FSLC in her current office, which she promised to bring. Lol and behold! What i saw on the WAEC result is a date of birth 6 years higher than what she told me and what is in her C.Vs.

I called her attention and she started giving me excuses that hold no water. She is saying that the same DOB were erroneously registerd for her when, perhaps they were registering her for both WAEC and NECO. That when the results came out and she noticed the errors, she complained and applied to correct same, but since then, the exam authorities have not corrected them. I have not come to terms with the this discovery. I think this may cause us peace, thrust and love in pur marriage.

My brothers and sisters, i think am contemplating of what action to take against her and am contemplating a divorce, but our two children are still very small for this. I want to report this issue to her family and mine. Am gradually withdrawing my trust for her.

I need matured advice and suggestions that will see me through this.

Thanks very much@chuskbogus2001. The op, has an issue and is seeking for advice. Instead of providing advice the alphas and omegas in relationship matters on nairaland are calling the op names for discovering and feeling bad about the lie his wife told him.

Lies on any grounds in marriage are bound to erode trust between couples and eventually destroy any marriage's foundation.

@Op, please forgive your wife. Calm yourself down and have a tete-a-tete with your wife, stating how you feel about it. You cannot throw away a marriage that has been going on fine before the issue of age came up because of age. Moreso, marriage is more than age. So forgive her and shelve the idea of divorce.

130 Likes 11 Shares

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by nickxtra(m): 6:57pm On Oct 01, 2016
chuksbogus2001:
All those that comment didn't address the issue at hand .you guys are absolving the wife of any wrong doing making it look like the guy I not suppose to feel bad after finding out this.what is there are other things this guy is yet to find out.I expect people to first condemn the wife for lying to the husband .in fact she deceived the guy into the marriage.if the guy is aware of the age then he can make an inform decision .

Now ,op I know u are feeling bad about this but you have to put urself together.has she not been a food wife to u? remember her good attributes and forgive her. I guess she did it cos she doesn't want to loose u.
Thank you.

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by nickxtra(m): 6:58pm On Oct 01, 2016
Fadamant:

Thanks very much@chuskbogus2001. The op, has an issue and is seeking for advice. Instead of providing advice the alphas and omegas in relationship matters on nairaland are calling the op names for discovering and feeling bad about the lie his wife told him.

Lies on any grounds in marriage are bound to erode trust between couples and eventually destroy any marriage's foundation.

@Op, please forgive your wife. Calm yourself down and have a tete-a-tete with your wife, stating how you feel about it. You cannot throw away a marriage that has been going on fine before the issue of age came up because of age. Moreso, marriage is more than age. So forgive her and shelve the idea of divorce.
Thank you.

18 Likes

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by Chubhie: 7:33pm On Oct 01, 2016
Sorry for the rude shock.You feel cheated right now that your wife over packaged and sold above the market value for her age?

You thought you were smart?Got outsmarted by the assumed weaker vessel?

I can tell you your wife is not proud that her sins has found her out this very moment.granted,she was over the moon when her dummy was sold at the beginning.

How is the body language of your wife with this discovery? Reassure her and give her genuine reasons not to further lie to you cos it insults your intelligence.

You must induce her to come clean and also spill any other best secrets of her.If you can get her to this state,you would have my respects.

Divorce shouldn't be an option.Manage this well as the man of the house.Be strong for her and the kids.

Passing shot......You could hear her burdens and stuffs that could break you and that marriage if your shock absorbers ain't strong.Dont judge her but try and understand her.

She would be lighter,more trusting and a better wife once you midwife her through this process.

Are you man enough?

80 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by maggilove(f): 7:47pm On Oct 01, 2016
I really understand the woman's plight, I believe she doesn't wants to lose you bxos if she had told u her real age you might dissolve the courtship.
I guess the woman is humble and dutiful if not you won't enjoy ur marriage to her ever since, many in this category are usually proud but she's the type of wife the bible described.
I will advice u not to let any fay member interfer in your personal life, talk to her calmly and let her explain why she did that, sincerely u will hear her point . Forgive her and keep enjoying your marriage. God bless you, shalom.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by duduade: 8:01pm On Oct 01, 2016
EfemenaXY:
Mtcheeew!!

You want to divorce her anyway - this is just an excuse. So go ahead make we hear word.

P.S: Aren't you the same guy who was peeved because his wife wouldn't share her toiletries with??

No mind him...

Misplaced priorities

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by Nobody: 8:02pm On Oct 01, 2016
Op. u want to divorce your wife who bore two healthy kids because she lied about age.? I swear u r not serious.. U want to divorce her before, fucvk this age thing u r saying.. She's fertile, she appears young, if not for certificates u won't have known..

My guy u no serious...
If u know since the day u were born, uv never lied before? Thru dating and now married to her, uv not lied at all... Then by all means go ahead and divorce.

But remember . Karma is waiting for u calmly later in life... Smhhh..

Dey divorce nah.

When men brag about divorce over little things it's so annoying..

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by Fadamant: 8:49pm On Oct 01, 2016
Chubhie:
Sorry for the rude shock.You feel cheated right now that your wife over packaged and sold above the market value for her age?

You thought you were smart?Got outsmarted by the assumed weaker vessel?

I can tell you your wife is not proud that her sins has found her out this very moment.granted,she was over the moon when her dummy was sold at the beginning.

How is the body language of your wife with this discovery? Reassure her and give her genuine reasons not to further lie to you cos it insults your intelligence.

You must induce her to come clean and also spill any other best secrets of her.If you can get her to this state,you would have my respects.

Divorce shouldn't be an option.Manage this well as the man of the house.Be strong for her and the kids.

Passing shot......You could hear her burdens and stuffs that could break you and that marriage if your shock absorbers ain't strong.Dont judge her but try and understand her.

She would be lighter,more trusting and a better wife once you midwife her through this process.

Are you man enough?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by Ranchhoddas: 8:59pm On Oct 01, 2016
chuksbogus2001:

Gosh I was shocked at the comments. Can you just imagine those idiots?

91 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by Ranchhoddas: 9:02pm On Oct 01, 2016
dollyjoy:
You want to divorce a legally married woman who has risked her life to make you a man because of age issues? Nigga you are bluffing!!

Your stance would have been understandable if the affair is just a b.fr and g.fr thing.
She made him a man? Am I dreaming these comments?

74 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by dollyjoy(f): 9:05pm On Oct 01, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
She made him a man? Am I dreaming these comments?
Yes. She made him a man by putting her life on the line to give him kids.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by Ranchhoddas: 9:07pm On Oct 01, 2016
Amelian:
Op. u want to divorce your wife who bore two healthy kids because she lied about age.? I swear u r not serious.. U want to divorce her before, fucvk this age thing u r saying.. She's fertile, she appears young, if not for certificates u won't have known..

My guy u no serious...
If u know since the day u were born, uv never lied before? Thru dating and now married to her, uv not lied at all... Then by all means go ahead and divorce.

But remember . Karma is waiting for u calmly later in life... Smhhh..

Dey divorce nah.

When men brag about divorce over little things it's so annoying..
What manner of human beings are these?

73 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by Ranchhoddas: 9:10pm On Oct 01, 2016
dollyjoy:
Yes. She made him a man by putting her life on the line to give him kids.
I feel very sorry for you.

117 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by Ranchhoddas: 9:15pm On Oct 01, 2016
werthy:
Op, you have been enjoying a woman who is older than you for about five years and yet you arw conplaining about age wahala,

Tired of seeing babies with grown fallangies inbetween their legs getting married because the feel they have aged enough
If you must spew feculent blather on the internet, you should at least learn to spell properly.

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by TheArchangel(f): 9:44pm On Oct 01, 2016
You bi FG wey dey sack workers cos of age falsification?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by werthy(m): 9:55pm On Oct 01, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
If you must spew feculent blather on the internet, you should at least learn to spell properly.

Go get your head corrected,

My communications were understood by you

So park off

17 Likes

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by munas: 9:59pm On Oct 01, 2016
werthy:

Go and sit down...
Do you know what trust is?

When you lose trust in a marriage,you have lost it

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by werthy(m): 10:04pm On Oct 01, 2016
munas:

Go and sit down...

You shot up a go have a nice sleep

Whats the purpose of marriage

Whats the effect of what she did

Mumus claiming to be what they are not

I have always said nigeria needs a national mens orientation programm.especially for dulnaldos like you

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by Ranchhoddas: 10:08pm On Oct 01, 2016
munas:

Go and sit down...

Not just in marriage, every aspect of life. It's a pity that the not-yet-fully-evolved beings that I happen to have the cosmic misfortune of sharing nationality/race with cannot grasp something so basic. The donkeys are going as far as blaming the man for even daring to get upset. I regret my nationality.

69 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by shegxi(m): 10:10pm On Oct 01, 2016
D hypocrisy here can be sometimes nauseating. See how people are conveniently ignoring d fact dat d wife did something very wrong.
The wife is now saint, d man is d bad guy.......we just know how to turn logic on its head.

98 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by munas: 5:03am On Oct 02, 2016
werthy:

You shot up a go have a nice sleep

Whats the purpose of marriage

Whats the effect of what she did

Mumus claiming to be what they are not

I have always said nigeria needs a national mens orientation programm.especially for dulnaldos like you

The essense of marriage is companionship
And trust is the basis.
This marriage based on deceit.

Only mofos like you will take anthing from a woman.

I did not and cannot marry somebody older than me...period.

39 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

My Wife Is Not Interested In Sex Anymore / I Fainted When My Wife Said Our Former Neighbor Is The Father Of Our Child / American Woman's Father Accepts Her Nigerian Husband Finally

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.