Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,759 members, 7,798,541 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:19 AM

I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! - Family (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! (72118 Views)

My Wife Lied About Her Genotype / Sadiya Lawal's Divorce Story: "I Was Still A Virgin, 3 Years After My Wedding" / How Can I Save My Aunts Marriage? Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by gemale(m): 11:07am On Oct 04, 2016
Op has evry ryt 2 feel aggrieved by his wife's action. She lied 2 him & deceived him 4 yrs until she was caught in d lie. If she had confessed, it wld hv bn beta bt she still refuses 2 come clean claiming dt an error was made on her certificate. Dt smacks of incorrigibility. Even her family too r accomplices because no one told d guy d truth (dey can't claim 2 b ignorant of d man's age). Dt erodes d foundation of trust a good marriage is supposed 2 b built upon. He wld find it hard 2 blv anything she tells him again. If I were 2 b d 1,i wld even start doubting oda aspects of our marriage such as her fidelity, d paternity of our children etc. U cnt tell him 2 just ignore it & move on. Dnt get me wrong, I'm nt encouraging him 2 divorce his wife bt he shldnt sweep d mata under d carpet. He has 2 figure out if she's nt hiding oda more sordid, seedier details abt herself pertaining to their marriage. She has 2 come clean totally. Bt women can lie ehn. Shey I no ask God 2 send female angel 4 me 2 marry?
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by Ranchhoddas: 11:10am On Oct 04, 2016
naijafeminist:

One thing I know is that it's not enough reason to leave my marriage. If you were having a conversation with God, what do you think He'll tell you?
Nice try! He'll tell me the same thing He tells me about feminism
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by Nobody: 11:11am On Oct 04, 2016
Admittedly either you're a kid or a drunk, Go home to your mama.
When you are grinding her puniz and chewing her b.. b tits are they telling you, how old they are?
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by nickydof(m): 11:14am On Oct 04, 2016
Oh!!!!! See the comments on the first page and the amounts of likes!!! I now see why Nigeria is the way it is. A clear case of fraud by a woman on a man for whatsoever reason! Oh!, country people "change hand" for the matter, blaming the innocent, defrauded man who has every reason to be angry. Its a pity! My advise is to seek a peaceful resolution, but e pain me pass you sha.

2 Likes

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by Apina(m): 11:17am On Oct 04, 2016
nickxtra:
My marriage to my wife is facing a serious challenge, after I discovered from my wife's WAEC certificate, that the date of her birth on the result is 6 years more than what she told me and what has been in all her non academic documents, including her C.V. Actually, i have seen all her academic certificates, including her NYSC discharge certificate, but never saw her S.S.C.E and FSLC results that normally bear dates of birth. Each time i ask her for them in order to compile all the credentials for job application purposes, she would tell me that her WAEC, NECO and primary school results are in a box, with her mum in thier home town; that she would ask her mum to bring them. I gnomo her mum lager came with them for her.

Eventually, a serious sure job came for which i would need these credentials to forward to the organization. She gave me the WAEC result with the excuse that age forgot the NECO and FSLC in her current office, which she promised to bring. Lol and behold! What i saw on the WAEC result is a date of birth 6 years higher than what she told me and what is in her C.Vs.

I called her attention and she started giving me excuses that hold no water. She is saying that the same DOB were erroneously registerd for her when, perhaps they were registering her for both WAEC and NECO. That when the results came out and she noticed the errors, she complained and applied to correct same, but since then, the exam authorities have not corrected them. I have not come to terms with the this discovery. I think this may cause us peace, thrust and love in pur marriage.

My brothers and sisters, i think am contemplating of what action to take against her and am contemplating a divorce, but our two children are still very small for this. I want to report this issue to her family and mine. Am gradually withdrawing my trust for her.

I need matured advice and suggestions that will see me through this.
Deceit is a valid ground for divorce. Your marriage, your life. Those who condemn your preconceived reaction to ur findings are just being emotional for no reason, I bet they would do worse. Love breeds relationships but trust is what keeps it. Take your time and think about whatever u wanna do and b positive.

1 Like

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by Charly68: 11:19am On Oct 04, 2016
My Brother,what makes you a man & a leader is the quality of decisions you take in life..a typical one is what you are going through now.. You didn't love her because of certificate in the first instance, agreed she made mistake so she is at your mercy to forgive,please do just as God forgives us when we err. Women do lie about their age when they are madly in love & desperate to get marry..now you have discovered her pranks just open up to her so as to clear your conscience & move forward in life because of your children. Remember that those children will see you as their hero tomorrow on the basis of your stand to keep your home. Similar thing had happened to my senior brother in the past & I gave him same advice that am offering you on this page..thank God he listened to the voice of wisdom,today they are living together in perfect harmony. . Assuming you are the one that is at fault you will actually expect your wife to forgive you & so in a similar order,forgive her & this will make your home to stand every storm of life. Never contemplate divorce or separation doing so will never allow your life to be the same again.. Hear what God says concerning you & do same to your wife : Hebrews 8:12 (KJV)
12For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more. I foresee great joy & restoration in your home. Congratulations in advance.

4 Likes

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by engrelvis(m): 11:21am On Oct 04, 2016
@op.so yr wife told u a lie concerning her age n so what? V u not told yr wife lies before?even their r some hidden lies u v nt told yr wife.my bro free d wifey as long as she is given u peace of ming n taken care of u n yr kids

1 Like

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by uzuede4(f): 11:21am On Oct 04, 2016
Dear nairalanders, op needs a brain surgery. I'm glad he did not say that his wife have been disrespectful or insulting. He has not accused her of any other vice except for age.
Op pls tell us, did u not lie in the course of that couryship?(think well). what if she has committed adultry then you will kill her. Op pls let go off age and make ur already happy marriage happier. never think off divorce except you have something you're not telling us.
If she has all u need in a wife, pls go ahead and enjoy ur marriage.A broken marriage does no one any good.Dnt listen to wrong advice. He that have not sinned should throw d first stone.
Grow up op and enjoy ur marriage.
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by Feanah(f): 11:25am On Oct 04, 2016
freecocoa:
Yeah, lies in general are a turn off but I do believe some can be overlooked though, after all, we are guilty of one lie or the other.grin

If I may ask, what would it change if you were older than he, assuming everything is going well?
Everything o ...I just can't see myself with a younger man,I can't.I think if we have kids sef,I'll have to be on anti-depressants because it'll so hard for me to come to terms with the fact that I put to birth for someone younger.Lol It's that bad,the mind can be very wicked,I know I'm taking it too far;even my friends keep saying it's not as bad as I think it is.But I'm just so into the age matter ,atleast the man should always be older,even if it's just a day.

1 Like

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by whoisuche: 11:51am On Oct 04, 2016
nickxtra:
My marriage to my wife is facing a serious challenge, after I discovered from my wife's WAEC certificate, that the date of her birth on the result is 6 years more than what she told me and what has been in all her non academic documents, including her C.V. Actually, i have seen all her academic certificates, including her NYSC discharge certificate, but never saw her S.S.C.E and FSLC results that normally bear dates of birth. Each time i ask her for them in order to compile all the credentials for job application purposes, she would tell me that her WAEC, NECO and primary school results are in a box, with her mum in thier home town; that she would ask her mum to bring them. I gnomo her mum lager came with them for her.

Eventually, a serious sure job came for which i would need these credentials to forward to the organization. She gave me the WAEC result with the excuse that age forgot the NECO and FSLC in her current office, which she promised to bring. Lol and behold! What i saw on the WAEC result is a date of birth 6 years higher than what she told me and what is in her C.Vs.

I called her attention and she started giving me excuses that hold no water. She is saying that the same DOB were erroneously registerd for her when, perhaps they were registering her for both WAEC and NECO. That when the results came out and she noticed the errors, she complained and applied to correct same, but since then, the exam authorities have not corrected them. I have not come to terms with the this discovery. I think this may cause us peace, thrust and love in put marriage.

My brothers and sisters, i think am contemplating of what action to take against her and am contemplating a divorce, but our two children are still very small for this. I want to report this issue to her family and mine. Am gradually withdrawing my trust for her.

Forgive her please and don't use divorce as an option. God hates divorce talk to her about it, let her know you are not happy for her lying about her age. Some ladies do it in order not to loose the man they love, but i not lying does not justify it. I know both of you and your children have shared love so don't let the enemy penetrate. Talk to God He will guide your steps. I am married my wife also reduce her age in her cv and i saw the real age in waec but that was before we get married. I love her so that doesn't stop me from marrying her, we are married now and I tell you I am happy and enjoying the marriage, she is a kind, loving, caring and a good wife and mother.
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by frisby: 11:55am On Oct 04, 2016
Amelian:

Well my step brother was also conned into marry his wife way back when he was a fresh graduate of chemical engineering.. She is way older than him and just one night stand she got pregnant. She raised hell and brimstone that he must marry her. Our dad then detest anyone tarnishing his image. He then forced my step brother to Marry her. She works in a government parastal, while he got a job in a top oil company back then. He actually was very angry he married her but hes already into it. After 3years of marriage, oil companies were folding up, he was sacked.
His so called old wife, which I know alot of men would love to see her in such way.. Adviced him to open his own company, so that he will be issued contracts in federal level, cause she is a top staff there.. My step brother company soared, now as am telling u they have 6houses all over the country including Abuja. He has branches of his company in three states.. He is recently crowned as a high chief in his wife's village.. Both of them are chiefs... And they have 5kids now, 3boys and two girls.. all schooling abroad. But the kids visits Nigeria every year.
He holds her like egg.. No more shes way older than me again.. In fact everyone in the family knows she is his backbone.

Life place us in a certain position that there are things we need to over look.. And not hold on to it, as if it's do or die. The op's wife may end up becoming his saviour tomorrow.. And yes sometimes it happens that way.. Someone u lay off your partner , feeling they cannot be forgiven but tomorrow she may end up helping u when things are down... I know she lied. I know it's painful to lie.. Even though we all lie.. But mehn forgive and move on! No need screaming divorce!

Auntie preacher, tell me,
How exactly does your story mean that it's okay for a woman to lie about her age in order to get into an institution that's supposed to be built on trust and honesty?

No one is proposing a divorce. Even the OP must have said that in anger.

My biggest concern here is that it's evident the femalefolk (from all indication) think it's OK to con your way into a marriage.

2 Likes

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by Nobody: 11:59am On Oct 04, 2016
frisby:

Auntie preacher, tell me,
How exactly does your story mean that it's okay for a woman to lie about her age in order to get into an institution that's supposed to be built on trust and honesty?

No one is proposing a divorce. Even the OP must have said that in anger.

My biggest concern here is that it's evident the femalefolk (from all indication) think it's OK to con your way into a marriage.

Some men also con as well, getting into marriage.
Uncle Advocate.
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by freecocoa(f): 12:02pm On Oct 04, 2016
Feanah:
Everything o ...I just can't see myself with a younger man,I can't.I think if we have kids sef,I'll have to be on anti-depressants because it'll so hard for me to come to terms with the fact that I put to birth for someone younger.Lol It's that bad,the mind can be very wicked,I know I'm taking it too far;even my friends keep saying it's not as bad as I think it is.But I'm just so into the age matter ,atleast the man should always be older,even if it's just a day.
Lol, you need divine intervention. grin
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by oyejideogunjumo: 12:09pm On Oct 04, 2016
nickxtra:

I called her attention and she started giving me excuses that hold no water. She is saying that the same DOB were erroneously registerd for her when, perhaps they were registering her for both WAEC and NECO. That when the results came out and she noticed the errors, she complained and applied to correct same, but since then, the exam authorities have not corrected them. I have not come to terms with the this discovery. I think this may cause us peace, thrust and love in pur marriage.

Although NY comment may be seen as belated bt kindly read thru. She told u it was an error and wrote to correct it,fine. Ask for the copy of dat letter. Compare her face with other siblings of sane parents younger or older brothers or sisters.Tread with caution lest u make irreparable mistake.Six years is not a joke. if it were a year or two,fine
However if u later find out she is older dan u no cause for alarm.What has been done can't be undone.The most important is submission.If she is not the nagging type fine.Go on with your own cross after all Jesus carried His own too.
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by frisby: 12:20pm On Oct 04, 2016
Amelian:

Some men also con as well, getting into marriage.
Uncle Advocate.

OK, and one makes the other right I guess?
What brilliant mind you have. Sound logic! Clap for yourself

1 Like

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by Realhommie(m): 12:23pm On Oct 04, 2016
FortuneTeller:

The op is a liar just like his wife. He wrote about his older mistress a few months ago. I'm sure he has lied to his wife on many occasions about his whereabouts. He and his wife are equally deceptive people and deserve each other.
Oh!!! You see why our private lives should remain private...

Been trying to understand the reason for the backlash the Op's been getting, now i understand, he shot himself in the foot.

Anyways, a lie is a lie it doesn't matter how trivial hence should be condemned outrightly. The wife did wrong if true, she should be scolded but e no reach divorce.

Op abeg temper justice with mercy.

1 Like

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by xtervaganza(m): 12:25pm On Oct 04, 2016
nkechiben:

That guy is on point here. The lady make sense die. That why he married her afterall
Na so?

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by queenDD(f): 12:25pm On Oct 04, 2016
grin
werthy:
Op, you have been enjoying a woman who is older than you for about five years and yet you arw conplaining about age wahala,

Its not even about the most important thing which is her respect for you

Bro.... you are still a boy...

Tired of seeing babies with grown fallangies inbetween their legs getting married because the feel they have aged enough
werthy:
Op, you have been enjoying a woman who is older than you for about five years and yet you arw conplaining about age wahala,

Tired of seeing babies with grown fallangies inbetween their legs getting married because the feel they have aged enough
werthy:

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by Nobody: 12:29pm On Oct 04, 2016
frisby:

OK, and one makes the other right I guess?
What brilliant mind you have. Sound logic! Clap for yourself

I don't have your time, jare..
I have better things to concentrate on.
Whine for all I care.
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by thorpido(m): 12:29pm On Oct 04, 2016
Feanah:
Na wa for you.
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by Realhommie(m): 12:46pm On Oct 04, 2016
Forwetinnah:

I taya!! The crop of boys that get married these days, Tufiakwa! No wonder marriages don't last...over grown babies everywhere getting married for some shady reasons and then making excuses when they don't get what they actually thought they would get. I think this man is hiding the actual reason why he wants a divorce, there's more to this story than he's telling
The crop of boys

C'mon, it goes both ways.

There may not be more to the story after all, people handle stuff like this differently. What the wife did, if true, should be condemned. But seriously it doesn't warrant divorce.
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by dpoj: 12:53pm On Oct 04, 2016
nickxtra:

Op, I have a similar problem. Mine was primary school leaving certifcate. The date of birth on it put me 13 years older than I really am. I had a background as a JWit and because they are against the celebration of birthdays, when growing up, we didn't know out real age. So I guess I just told my teacher anything when she was registering us for the exam.

So you have to believe your wife's submission unless you want a divorce over some other reasons.

1 Like

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by armpit: 12:57pm On Oct 04, 2016
No man or woman should trick their spouse into accepting them in anyway. Whether by lieing or hiding anything about themself. pls b4 we comment let's truely put ourselves in the shoe of the op.

My humble submission is that, op please forgive. Not because she is right/wrong but for the love you share. I tell you if she doesn't love you and want to be with you she won't have bothered doing such.

For the future of your kids,
For the joy of your entire family,
To the disappointment of Enemies that look like friends,
To the shame of the devil,
PLEASE FORGIVE.
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by realmindz: 1:02pm On Oct 04, 2016
nkechiben:

But he has been leaving living with her all these yrs nah. He did not complain any negative thing about her except this age thing.

honestly the first comments on this thread are from sick fellows.. some1 lied with 6 good years. That is integrity issue and they are blaming the op for reacting...

Like I said, NL has been taken over by legion of idiots
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by Realhommie(m): 1:05pm On Oct 04, 2016
Develpeast:
I just found out that we have so many issues in this country and most are not from the government. People talk and think like kindergarten kids. See how they turned everything against him that its a trivial issue. Many people will surely die due to trivial issues. Major investigations see their breakthrough through simple lies because one lie is a squeezer of trust. One simple lie can destroy a contract. One simple lie can lead to mass-sack.

The commenters supporting the lying woman cannot and should not be seen in public offices and places of high repute. It would have been better they pasted names and pictures of such people online. They lack the capacity to deal with critical issues the way it should be dealt with. They should be kept in obscurity. Facing their own whack view of life.

Nickxtra, please feel cheated and angry that she lied this much. 6years isn't six days, my brother. Use this opportunity to ask more questions and fully truth of other lies she might have been dishing out since day 1. Assess those lies and see if you can move on with the marriage because I know you won't be able to consume another strong pill of lies again.

Age falsification wey dem use pursue person from presidency position, these olorikorobas de use am play.

I no know how I be Nigerian sef, kawai
Very mature and sensible post. Nice one
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by KAYPWAIZ: 1:22pm On Oct 04, 2016
Abeg jooor... Age is not d basic factor dat made u wana divorce her because age is just a number. Do u want to say for the past years dat u two av been together , u av not come across any circumstance dat make u to doubt her age is not real? at least even by her behavior and sense of reasoning? but though they say Age is not Maturity, but to some extent u can still discover her age bracket . Haba dis is 6yrs diff undecided
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by Realhommie(m): 1:28pm On Oct 04, 2016
realmindz:

Pls try deceive ur husband with age before talking of childishness...

You might not be lucky to meet some1 has calm as the op who got scammed.
everyone has their preferences and what they choose is not your damn business..
For a woman to deceive a man with 6 good years. That is integrity issue and it goes a long way far more than u are thinking if u are actually thinking....
#NairalandIdiots
Guy you're vexing ooooo.

Well, i like how you schooling them, knocking some sense in their cranium. Very necessary

1 Like

Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by Feanah(f): 1:29pm On Oct 04, 2016
thorpido:
Na wa for you.
cheesy
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by Feanah(f): 1:30pm On Oct 04, 2016
freecocoa:
Lol, you need divine intervention. grin
cheesy cheesy
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by Realhommie(m): 1:34pm On Oct 04, 2016
banio:
Men marry with the mind of looking out and eventually getting a divorce. Women marry to love and to live their years with their husband and children.
Lies from the pit of hell with no ounce of proof whatsoever.

Na wa oooooooo
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by Nobody: 1:41pm On Oct 04, 2016
A grown up man who is matured and ready for marriage should be able to tell how old his intended is, your inability to decode her age is a sign of immaturity. You are not ready to leave your fathers house.
Re: I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! by Nobody: 1:44pm On Oct 04, 2016
Amelian:

Well my step brother was also conned into marry his wife way back when he was a fresh graduate of chemical engineering.. She is way older than him and just one night stand she got pregnant. She raised hell and brimstone that he must marry her. Our dad then detest anyone tarnishing his image. He then forced my step brother to Marry her. She works in a government parastal, while he got a job in a top oil company back then. He actually was very angry he married her but hes already into it. After 3years of marriage, oil companies were folding up, he was sacked.
His so called old wife, which I know alot of men would love to see her in such way.. Adviced him to open his own company, so that he will be issued contracts in federal level, cause she is a top staff there.. My step brother company soared, now as am telling u they have 6houses all over the country including Abuja. He has branches of his company in three states.. He is recently crowned as a high chief in his wife's village.. Both of them are chiefs... And they have 5kids now, 3boys and two girls.. all schooling abroad. But the kids visits Nigeria every year.
He holds her like egg.. No more shes way older than me again.. In fact everyone in the family knows she is his backbone.

Life place us in a certain position that there are things we need to over look.. And not hold on to it, as if it's do or die. The op's wife may end up becoming his saviour tomorrow.. And yes sometimes it happens that way.. Someone u lay off your partner , feeling they cannot be forgiven but tomorrow she may end up helping u when things are down... I know she lied. I know it's painful to lie.. Even though we all lie.. But mehn forgive and move on! No need screaming divorce!

marring an older lady who you got impregnated has no correlation with this story, you completely digressed from the issue at hand.. someone who admits he /she is guilty and plead for for forgiveness will make a good partner

such person will always save some unnecessary dramas it also portrays spirit of humility

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

“If You Fight My Side Chick, I Will Upgrade Her To Wife” - Nigerian Man. / Newly Married Lady Got Stuck In Sex With Another Man In School Caught By Husband / My Wife Is Not Interested In Sex Anymore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.