Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,066 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:28 AM

Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard (46127 Views)

Restructuring Nigeria :Sultan Joins Debate - Vanguard Photo / Mr. Peter Obi's Speech: Is He Championing A Revolution? / Edo 2016: How Ize-iyamu Shone At Debate-Vanguard Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by arewafederation: 3:52pm On Oct 02, 2016
See them slaying themselves cheesy
Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by bouncino(m): 4:03pm On Oct 02, 2016
Flew with Peter Obi last Friday on Air Peace from Lagos to Owerri. He was in economy class, no airs, no security details, smiling, greeting everybody. Impressive

6 Likes

Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 4:03pm On Oct 02, 2016
omoyowa:

you are the agent of evil politicians...
Tell me apart from d three flyovers,which other roads that Obiano have started and completed in Anambra....Tell me which project...
you guys keep deceiving yourselves online..,thinking everybody is like you..
Go to Nnewi and see d roads there ...even in ifite awka...minus d road constructed by obi,which road or project did he institute....
Go to Enugu and see what that guy is turning Nsukka to.,Enugu state govt has started d rehabilitation enugu portion of onitsha-enugu road both new and old road...
meanwhile Obiano is busy running from one point to another just to complete d omunya,oyi axis that is not up to 3km.....peter obi constructed that road from head bridge to ogbunike ...while is Obiano jumping around for common 3km road.....you guys should stop deceiving yourselves.., because d real voters are not even online to always see the trash you people propagate....they judge from what is on ground....
Seriously, I doff my heart for Peter esp that onitsha stuff. Those claiming his 8 yrs achievements are less than Obiano 2 yrs are jokers. Go to ANSU alone and see revolutuion from the old story. And dude wasn't spending money on media campaigns. Obiano should become spendthrift too , as borrow less

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 4:04pm On Oct 02, 2016
arewafederation:
See them slaying themselves cheesy

Leave us alone like that, Americans do same things and get the best out of their politicians, unlike your people

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by Chukazu: 4:22pm On Oct 02, 2016
whiskystan:

Wow there again u got it wrong lol. APGA made peter Obi relevant what happened when I tried to take over the leadership of apga from victor Umeh didn't he fail woefully ApGA is grounded in Anambra we believe in it.
Peter Obi is a great leader and so is obiano stop contrasting both. Mind u nobody is great than any political party.

Bros!
party doesn't make individuals, rather individuals make party, a good example is the problem between T.A orji and PPA, today where is PPA?

Obi preserved APGA for the memories of Dim Ikemba Ojukwu

talk of wanting to take leadership from Umeh.. seriously I don't know your grasp of politics, you would have known that as a governor or president, you the "defector" party leader..if in doubt you can ask Audu Ogbe, Gemade or any of the PDP chairmen that fought Obasanjo for supremacy.
Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by arewafederation: 4:37pm On Oct 02, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Leave us alone like that, Americans do same things and get the best out of their politicians, unlike your people

OK Mr. Americana. My own na to siddon look! cheesy
Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by cminca: 4:48pm On Oct 02, 2016
PETER IS A GOOD MAN

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by o42austino(m): 5:05pm On Oct 02, 2016
LastProphet:

wow, how some tribes will rather rally round looters instead of people like Obi beats my imagination
people hate the truth, Obi has what it takes to make Nigeria better.
Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by UndespicableMe(m): 6:40pm On Oct 02, 2016
This is the only Igbo Presidency I will vote for twice.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by mannyiyke: 7:32pm On Oct 02, 2016
raker300:
the 3 flyovers in awka cost more than 75 billion. We've not added the Completrd Onitsha mall and the ongoing awka and nnnewi malls with the massive road projects in anambra.

I love Peter Obi but Obiano is 2x better than him
Taa, mechie onu. U can't compare Obiano with Obi. Obi is far greater than Obiano. Obi laid d foundation Obiano is building upon. In fact, all those infrastructures u mentioned were either initiated or completed by Obi. I am from Anambra. Even Ngige is better than Obiano.
Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by mannyiyke: 7:52pm On Oct 02, 2016
Africonji:

You can only bamboozle those that don't know what is happening. I don't hate Obiano, I am just stating facts. All the Obiano projects you are talking about only indebted Anambra further. Why? Obviously because he has already squandered and mismanaged what Okwute left behind.

http://authorityngr.com/2015/11/-Obiano-punishing-citizens-that-gave-him-mandate-/

If not, please tell me why he went ahead to borrow 10-billion to complete projects? How much will Obiano leave for his own successor? Have you asked yourself that? How much debt has he added to the debt profile of the state? These are the issues, not online propaganda.
Bro, i just want u to do me a favour: please stop arguing with dat globe of a guy. He's being economical with d truth. I'm from Anambra; whether he likes it or not, it's an indisputable fact dat Peter Obi still remains d best Anambra State Governor, even in Igboland. This man Obi can never be found spending recklessly and unnecessarily

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by SMARTKOSSY: 7:58pm On Oct 02, 2016
Africonji:

Look here, I don't hate Obiano. I am just stating the facts. Peter Obi is the reason why Obiano had so much money to play around with and everybody is thinking he is a miracle-worker, nwanne you and I know that is the truth. As for my state, OVI would have done even more better than Obiano if he had that kind of money left for him by his predecessor. But even with that, Abia is getting better, and you know it.
If I tear u slap eh
Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by Kdon2: 8:08pm On Oct 02, 2016
Leboska:
I love this man

I love him too! Peter Obi for PRESIDENT come 2019. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by Kdon2: 8:12pm On Oct 02, 2016
Nature129:

After seeing that video my respect for Peter Obi snowballed. That speech was inspiring to say the least.
The part that touched me the most was when he said that if he leaves a hotel room of 30k per night to sleep in one of 250k per night he would lose sleep because he would feel he had been robbed.
Frankly speaking, this is something I can relate to.

Peter Obi is the true definition of the leader Nigeria needs. Thats the man we need as president not all these theives parading themselves as leaders. Theif leaders!

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by kinnlive(m): 8:25pm On Oct 02, 2016
Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by omoyowa: 8:42pm On Oct 02, 2016
whiskystan:

Oga better say what u know. Anambra state is in full support of the Governor. We Anambra people are happy with him. And we support his initiative.

it is people that reason like you that kept d nation this way....instead of saying the truth,you decide to lie to yourself.....I don't blame you...heaven will judge you
Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by yinkslinks(m): 9:25pm On Oct 02, 2016
So nice of him but what was his English grade in WAEC?
Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by adconline(m): 9:47pm On Oct 02, 2016
GODISGREAT123:

The topic is about what Peter Obi said at the Platform not about Obiano. Think we have been through these 75billion ish road before. There is no 75 billion left by anybody anywhere. In any event, I wonder how Anambra State Investment in Orient Petroleum, SABMiller, Foreign Bonds etc can be used to pay salaries and execute projects.
Typical Naija mentality that savings can only be in cash. Investments in Orient and SABMiller are pure gold. Only willfully ignorant would have u believe otherwise.
Any idea what bonds are used for? Stop displaying your stupidity on full HD

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by Grandslam7(m): 10:10pm On Oct 02, 2016
@Africonji Abia is getting better in what area if I may ask. it seems like u are one of those sycophants that is dishing out wrong details of the happenings in Abia. Go tell OVI to start thinking like a PhD holder. Rubbish
Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by Genius100: 11:00pm On Oct 02, 2016
malele:

Burt GEJ left over 35billion dollars for buhari naa.
Even OBJ confirmed it

Mumu.. GEJ met over $50 billion. Additionally he earned many more billions from high oil prices.. not only did he not save from what he earned, he depleted what he met in the treasury. Grow some common sense
Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by Collins0609(m): 12:01am On Oct 03, 2016
A real icon,i wish this man is the president of Nigeria
Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by iconaus: 12:51am On Oct 03, 2016
Genius100:

Mumu.. GEJ met over $50 billion. Additionally he earned many more billions from high oil prices.. not only did he not save from what he earned, he depleted what he met in the treasury. Grow some common sense

what do you know ? But Gej held the economy steady and even achieved economic growth during his time and Nigeria become the 3 fasted growing economy in the world and attained African biggest economy . Again, there was a global economic recession between 2008 to 2010 but Nigeria was not affected due to GEj prudence and strong economic team even USA was devastated by the recession. So what are you talking about ?. Man forget about the propaganda that was fed to you by western media due to hatred and tribal bigotry .

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by sunsewa16: 4:36am On Oct 03, 2016
Jokerman:
Imagine a combo of Peter obi and Fashola.... chei... buh for where, people won't vote them because of 2k and Pomo. .. Nigerians selling their birthrights like Edom. ....

the combo go be like messi and Suarez,Nija get honest and committed leaders but politics of tribes and hates is our bane,Peter Obi is the best thing that happened Anambra.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by Genius100: 5:45am On Oct 03, 2016
iconaus:

what do you know ? But Gej held the economy steady and even achieved economic growth during his time and Nigeria become the 3 fasted growing economy in the world and attained African biggest economy . Again, there was a global economic recession between 2008 to 2010 but Nigeria was not affected due to GEj prudence and strong economic team even USA was devastated by the recession. So what are you talking about ?. Man forget about the propaganda that was fed to you by western media due to hatred and tribal bigotry .

You are an ignoramus. The reason we were able to weather the 2008 recession was because of the money OBJ saved. OBJ left $45 billion in the treasury and another $22 billion in the Excess Crude Account. Virtually all the growth under GEJ was due to high oil prices. He did not diversify the economy. We are talking about a buffoon thay was borrowing to pay salaries when oil fell to $65 dollar per barrel. Again, grow some common sense
Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by aristosoft(m): 10:40am On Oct 03, 2016
malele:
Nigerians will never vote such a man for president.
It's only people without sense we vote in
That's not completely true. We vote who either made the most noise or spend the most and/or ethno-religious sentiments
Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by whiskystan: 11:12am On Oct 03, 2016
omoyowa:

it is people that reason like you that kept d nation this way....instead of saying the truth,you decide to lie to yourself.....I don't blame you...heaven will judge you

U deny ursef from the truth and u r bent on the lies u prefer to share to the gullible type like u.
Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by whiskystan: 11:13am On Oct 03, 2016
TEN IMPORTANT THINGS PETER OBI DID NOT TELL US ON THE PLATFORM — Emeka Odionu
On the platform at The Covenant Place, Iganmu Lagos; the former governor of Anambra state, as one of the invited guests spoke on a number of issues which are trending in the media.

It was not an interactive session, so there was no opportunity to ask him questions hence the uninformed in Anambra politics “ga ekwe nke Pita kwulu”.

I've been getting calls and inbox messages from Nigerians at home and in diaspora as regards Obi's speech on the "platform" and I've done my best to explain to them "as onye no mgbe ife melu the true situation of things" but on a second thought decided to explain certain things online, not as a media aide to anybody but as "ezigbote onye Anambra"

1. Peter OBI told us that he kept N75b for his successor but he didn't tell us that part of the money he claimed he kept was a N9b NIPP money given to Anambra state by Obasanjo in which Anambra state made no financial contributions neither did he tell us that Anambra states Equity shares of N750m from Emenite Roofing Industry (a Michael Okpalla investment) which was shared to all Eastern states in the early 90's was part of his N75b

He also forgot to tell us that N1b agricultural loan given to farmers in Anambra state by the federal government is in his N75b handover note.

2. Peter OBI told us that he kept N75b for his successor but he did not tell us that he awarded a contract of N184b in his
last year in office, paid N78b and bequeathed a debt of N106b to his successor.

3. Peter Obi asked governors to scrap the office of First Lady to save cost but did not tell us that his wife operated the office of First Lady with all the paraphernalia. In what capacity did Magarete Obi tour 177 communities in Anambra state thrice?

Was the office of First Lady built after Obi's tenure?

4. Peter OBI told us that he kept N75b for his successor but did not tell us that he inherited N11.2b from his predecessor, Dr. Chris Ngige.

He avoided telling us that the Federal Government roads in Anambra state constructed by Dr Ngige valued at about N30b was re-imbursed to him.

5. Peter OBI did not tell us that he killed the third tier of government in Anambra state by not conducting Local Government election for eight years he governed until two months to handover.

6. Peter Obi, speaking on “the platform” did not tell us that he employed more than 5000 civil servants two months to handover which he never did in his eight years rule.

7. Obi admonished incumbent governors to stop drinking champagne in government house to save cost but didn't tell us that the day Gov Obiano won, bottles of champagne were brought out from government house and shared to jubilants.

8. Obi told us he never slept in a hotel where a room was N250,000 a night to save cost but he didn't tell us how his aide was apprehended moving our security vote of N250m by road to Lagos.

9. Peter Obi admonished youths to go into politics to be influential and ask their leaders questions but the youths of his senatorial zone are being shortchanged and employment eludes them because of PDP's lingering court case sponsored by Obi.

Obi did not tell us that he was the one frustrating his senatorial zone from having a senator when he was speaking on “the platform”

10. On “the platform”, Obi spoke on “cutting cost of governance” but did not tell us if sharing N40b to his friends and cronies on what he termed “Final Push” two months to handover was one of the ways to save cost of governance.

Pastor Poju Oyemade is doing well on his programme called “The Platform” but he should to add to the programme an opportunity to ask questions to debunk hypocrisy.
Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by whiskystan: 11:20am On Oct 03, 2016
Chukazu:

Bros!
party doesn't make individuals, rather individuals make party, a good example is the problem between T.A orji and PPA, today where is PPA?

Obi preserved APGA for the memories of Dim Ikemba Ojukwu

talk of wanting to take leadership from Umeh.. seriously I don't know your grasp of politics, you would have known that as a governor or president, you the "defector" party leader..if in doubt you can ask Audu Ogbe, Gemade or any of the PDP chairmen that fought Obasanjo for supremacy.

U said what u feel. But get a constitution of any political party u will read it clear spelt that the PARTY is Supreme over any individual. APGA made him to Win same way APGA made Obiano to win and rendering to OBJ will he win the national election without PDP. Even in elections voting u vote PARTY not Individual cause the ballot papers does not have any picture or name of contestants. So I say it again no individual is greater than any political party.
Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by ify1234: 12:16pm On Oct 03, 2016
whiskystan:
TEN IMPORTANT THINGS PETER OBI DID NOT TELL US ON THE PLATFORM — Emeka Odionu
On the platform at The Covenant Place, Iganmu Lagos; the former governor of Anambra state, as one of the invited guests spoke on a number of issues which are trending in the media.

It was not an interactive session, so there was no opportunity to ask him questions hence the uninformed in Anambra politics “ga ekwe nke Pita kwulu”.

I've been getting calls and inbox messages from Nigerians at home and in diaspora as regards Obi's speech on the "platform" and I've done my best to explain to them "as onye no mgbe ife melu the true situation of things" but on a second thought decided to explain certain things online, not as a media aide to anybody but as "ezigbote onye Anambra"

1. Peter OBI told us that he kept N75b for his successor but he didn't tell us that part of the money he claimed he kept was a N9b NIPP money given to Anambra state by Obasanjo in which Anambra state made no financial contributions neither did he tell us that Anambra states Equity shares of N750m from Emenite Roofing Industry (a Michael Okpalla investment) which was shared to all Eastern states in the early 90's was part of his N75b

He also forgot to tell us that N1b agricultural loan given to farmers in Anambra state by the federal government is in his N75b handover note.

2. Peter OBI told us that he kept N75b for his successor but he did not tell us that he awarded a contract of N184b in his
last year in office, paid N78b and bequeathed a debt of N106b to his successor.

3. Peter Obi asked governors to scrap the office of First Lady to save cost but did not tell us that his wife operated the office of First Lady with all the paraphernalia. In what capacity did Magarete Obi tour 177 communities in Anambra state thrice?

Was the office of First Lady built after Obi's tenure?

4. Peter OBI told us that he kept N75b for his successor but did not tell us that he inherited N11.2b from his predecessor, Dr. Chris Ngige.

He avoided telling us that the Federal Government roads in Anambra state constructed by Dr Ngige valued at about N30b was re-imbursed to him.

5. Peter OBI did not tell us that he killed the third tier of government in Anambra state by not conducting Local Government election for eight years he governed until two months to handover.

6. Peter Obi, speaking on “the platform” did not tell us that he employed more than 5000 civil servants two months to handover which he never did in his eight years rule.

7. Obi admonished incumbent governors to stop drinking champagne in government house to save cost but didn't tell us that the day Gov Obiano won, bottles of champagne were brought out from government house and shared to jubilants.

8. Obi told us he never slept in a hotel where a room was N250,000 a night to save cost but he didn't tell us how his aide was apprehended moving our security vote of N250m by road to Lagos.

9. Peter Obi admonished youths to go into politics to be influential and ask their leaders questions but the youths of his senatorial zone are being shortchanged and employment eludes them because of PDP's lingering court case sponsored by Obi.

Obi did not tell us that he was the one frustrating his senatorial zone from having a senator when he was speaking on “the platform”

10. On “the platform”, Obi spoke on “cutting cost of governance” but did not tell us if sharing N40b to his friends and cronies on what he termed “Final Push” two months to handover was one of the ways to save cost of governance.

Pastor Poju Oyemade is doing well on his programme called “The Platform” but he should to add to the programme an opportunity to ask questions to debunk hypocrisy.

Hehehe, I am only interested in no. 7. So because Obi used champagne to celebrate Obiano's victory in the government house. Obiano thought that the government is all about champagne and then turned champagne to water grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by Nobody: 3:51pm On Oct 03, 2016
ceeethru:
I watched the event live, and at the end I told my wife that this man, Peter Obi is the kind of person President Buhari should appoint as a special adviser. She asked me whether he is an APC member, I said no. And she said that Buhari can't appoint him because his party will not allow that. And my response was that to me it shouldn't matter what party one belongs to, rather if we see somebody that can help make a difference in government, he should be brought on board. Please let Femi Adesina or Lai Mohammed get that video for President Buhari to watch and decide. I think somebody like Peter Obi is needed in his government at this crucial time in Nigeria's polity.

When Jonathan made him Executive chairman of Security and Exchange Commission, I remember people raining insults on Jonathan not knowing that Jonathan values his financial acumen. Some of these career business men can be very smart but we overlook it. Another person worth listening to is Ifeanyi Ubah...very smart man, whom, had we listened to his economic plan to stop the Naira freefall when it was only 250 Naira, perhaps we won't be at almost 500 Naira TO DOLLAR.
Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by ceeethru(m): 5:33pm On Oct 03, 2016
Clinton9000:

When Jonathan made him Executive chairman of Security and Exchange Commission, I remember people raining insults on Jonathan not knowing that Jonathan values his financial acumen. Some of these career business men can be very smart but we overlook it. Another person worth listening to is Ifeanyi Ubah...very smart man, whom, had we listened to his economic plan to stop the Naira freefall when it was only 250 Naira, perhaps we won't be at almost 500 Naira TO DOLLAR.
Most people living in Nigeria don't think proper again cuz of their lack of exposure.

This is what someone wrote over peter obi's speech; One day even Chief Tony Aneni would lecture us on the need to cut cost of governance. And he will give perfect example of how he did it in the past in the midst of the looting brigade which he never deemed necessary to caution.

And then there would be calls for him to run for President.

Talk of political naivety.

No doubt Peter Obi did well as APGA governor of Anambra State but soon after he left power he jumped to the looting PDP, and there is no record of him advising the GEJ regime about the dangers of looting.

How can someone in his/her right senses write all these shits? If we really want Nigeria to move forward we need most times put sentiments aside.
Re: Peter Obi’s Speech Sparks Social Media Debate - Vanguard by globe16: 6:10pm On Oct 03, 2016
Africonji:

You can only bamboozle those that don't know what is happening. I don't hate Obiano, I am just stating facts. All the Obiano projects you are talking about only indebted Anambra further. Why? Obviously because he has already squandered and mismanaged what Okwute left behind.

http://authorityngr.com/2015/11/-Obiano-punishing-citizens-that-gave-him-mandate-/

If not, please tell me why he went ahead to borrow 10-billion to complete projects? How much will Obiano leave for his own successor? Have you asked yourself that? How much debt has he added to the debt profile of the state? These are the issues, not online propaganda.
fyi, this is the so called 75 billion obi left for obiano.. Meanwhile Ngige left 33 billion cash for obi but no one ever hears of it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Evidence Of $47m Taken From CBN, Stuffed Into Suitcases - Sahara Reporters / APC's Promise Of Providing 3,000,000 Jobs In A Year: I Just Want To Remind PMB / El-rufai Retweets Insults On President Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.