Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,915 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:08 AM

The Bucket List - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Bucket List (831 Views)

Rats In My Bucket (a Poem About Rats) / Abel's Journal...( It Took A Bucket Of Water) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Bucket List by Jollyana(f): 2:24am On Oct 02, 2016
CHAPTER 1

Nobody liked Patricia Adebisi. It wasn't like she was ugly-although she's not very pretty or that she was rude or a talkative. She was fat and by fat I mean weighing 60 pounds. Everyone knew her as fatricia.
Her uniform was too big-thrice my size. Fatricia couldn't do any sport and she could only trek short distances. But the most important thing about fatricia Adebisi was that she was popular.

Being popular in Crenshaw high was the most amazing high school experience. First of all, the popular kids have a cool spot reserved for them in the cafeteria. Plus they get minions or sidekicks under their control.

But it was not easy to be popular when the school had a large population. The ones on top of the popularity ladder were those referred to as the 'bad boys'. You know those type of guys that spoke back at teachers and choose to be the class clown, breaking school rules, playing pranks and stuff like that. And then again, most of them are the rich kids who can get away with anything, and I mean anything. Especially when it involves our computer teacher Mr Jack.

Last year, James Akpan changed the computer teacher's slide presentation to pictures of him in compromising situations, like when he was picking his nose in a school function. Everyone in class thought it was funny but Mr Jack did not think so. He tried to .....

Read more: https://fabjulia..com.ng/2016/10/the-bucket-lista-story_2.html

First chapter! What are your thoughts? Please comment so I know what you think.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bucket List by Jollyana(f): 2:56am On Oct 02, 2016
CHAPTER 2

Step two to becoming popular is joining the school cheer leading team. Cheer leading wasn't exactly my thing and on a normal day, I wouldn't ever give a damn about cheerleading. But what can I do when David Wright, the most handsome boy in our school is the striker of our school's football game.

This could be my chance of getting closer to my first ever crush since grade three. James Akpan also plays football but he isn't that friendly of a person. Peter Ojo, another player, is the exact definition of body odour.

Step three to becoming popular is by going to the midterm dance ball with David Wright. Going to the upcoming dance with David Wright will make headline. All I have to do is stay pretty and get myself noticed. Right now I'm picturing my image on the school newspaper holding hands with the ultimate crush himself.

Lucky me, I'm so pretty and if i could get close enough to David Wright, he would finally realise I exist. But the only problem with David Wright is that he doesn't talk to much especially to any random person, plus he's a neat freak. Ehn, but that adds to his cuteness.

Step four is organizing a social event. People like to recognise those who host or organise social events. When Jane Orji organised the end of the year party last year, the whole school .....

Read more: https://fabjulia..com.ng/2016/10/the-bucket-list-2.html
Re: The Bucket List by Jollyana(f): 12:45am On Oct 03, 2016
CHAPTER 3

Monday was a very bright day. It was the best day of the week because everyone was happy resuming school after the seemingly unending and boring weekend.
But not everyone appreciated the goodness of Monday. Okon was walking sluggishly into the assembly hall looking disorganized and chewing a gum.

The only thing I looked forward to today is break time when I would get to speak to Patricia. I trudged down the hallway leading to the class block . I stopped in front of a door that had a tag on it saying SSS3 science A (Grade 12). The class was noisy, as usual, with people charting. The girls were gossiping about what they had done done during the weekend, like hookups, dates and shopping.

I spotted a guy at the back seat showing off his new Rolex watch to his friends, and lest I forget, I could also see James briefly wave his iPhone 7 before putting it back into his backpack, while I'm in my own world of 'I wish'.

Patricia was seated at her seat at the other end of the classroom, alone as usual.

There were five rows in all and each row had a total of six chairs. I was seated on the first seat in the second row and the only good thing about this seat is the window on this side.

I didn't keep much friends this year. When my best friend Annie left last term, I didn't make much effort to talk to the other girls in my class. We only shared a 'hello' and 'hi' relationship. Plus some of the girls have really annoying personalities.

The maths teacher arrived in a while and lessons kicked off this morning. It ran through English and down to Geography. Finally the bell rang at 11:00 am.

Everyone started to leave the class after Mrs Andrews made her exit and head for the cafeteria. As soon as everyone started leaving, I quickly packed my books and stuff and went up to Patricia who was still packing her things.

Thoughts on the chapter? Please don't forget to comment. Really means the world to me.
Re: The Bucket List by Jollyana(f): 12:46am On Oct 03, 2016
CHAPTER 4

When I approached her, I was unsure as to what to say PR even how to start. And to think I had practiced the night before.

"Hey"!, I greeted, looking down at my feet, instead of looking at her face. Jeez Victoria, what's wrong with you.

"Um, hey", she said nervously.

"Can I talk to you for a moment if you don't mind, probably at the cafeteria"?, I ask her, twisting a lock of hair around my fingers.

"I guess so", she said, grabbing her backpack.

"We can walk together to the cafeteria if you don't mind", I added after seeing her hesitate a little on following me.

"Um, sure. I don't mind", she says again and finally walk up to where I'm standing.

We walk together down the hallway which was already deserted by now. The cafeteria was a few blocks away and we walked down there in silence. Not that I'd want to start a conversation there. When we finally arrived, we sttod in line and bought our food before finding an empty table to to sit and eat.

It was not any sooner than people began to stare at us. I had expected that and I was trying my best to look calm and collected. Patricia wasn't the least fazed by this. She was used to all this by now. Thankfully no one has commented on this new move so far.

I take my first bite of the burger I had bought, while fatricia , sorry I mean Patricia just looked at me.

"So what's the hussle"?, she asked

"Why'd you think there's a hussle?", I asked back trying to play cool so she doesn't suspect anything.

"I'm not an idiot. For all I know you might just be trying to play some prank on me.

"So do you judge everybody before you get to know what they are up to"?

"I can't help myself sometimes plus I don't know you well enough to tell"

Read more: https://fabjulia..com.ng/2016/10/the-bucket-list-4.html
Re: The Bucket List by CUM4WHAT(m): 10:05am On Oct 26, 2016
Jollyana:
CHAPTER 4

When I approached her, I was unsure as to what to say PR even how to start. And to think I had practiced the night before.

"Hey"!, I greeted, looking down at my feet, instead of looking at her face. Jeez Victoria, what's wrong with you.

"Um, hey", she said nervously.

"Can I talk to you for a moment if you don't mind, probably at the cafeteria"?, I ask her, twisting a lock of hair around my fingers.

"I guess so", she said, grabbing her backpack.

"We can walk together to the cafeteria if you don't mind", I added after seeing her hesitate a little on following me.

"Um, sure. I don't mind", she says again and finally walk up to where I'm standing.

We walk together down the hallway which was already deserted by now. The cafeteria was a few blocks away and we walked down there in silence. Not that I'd want to start a conversation there. When we finally arrived, we sttod in line and bought our food before finding an empty table to to sit and eat.

It was not any sooner than people began to stare at us. I had expected that and I was trying my best to look calm and collected. Patricia wasn't the least fazed by this. She was used to all this by now. Thankfully no one has commented on this new move so far.

I take my first bite of the burger I had bought, while fatricia , sorry I mean Patricia just looked at me.

"So what's the hussle"?, she asked

"Why'd you think there's a hussle?", I asked back trying to play cool so she doesn't suspect anything.

"I'm not an idiot. For all I know you might just be trying to play some prank on me.

"So do you judge everybody before you get to know what they are up to"?

"I can't help myself sometimes plus I don't know you well enough to tell"

Read more: https://fabjulia..com.ng/2016/10/the-bucket-list-4.html
awesome story.... Quite chilling..... I love yur writeups and would love to discuss somfin with you... Can we chat on watsap 070-127-77-352
Re: The Bucket List by Nobody: 1:21pm On Nov 26, 2016
Hey,Please are you not going complete your stories?
Re: The Bucket List by Jollyana(f): 9:14pm On Nov 27, 2016
I got bored and lazy. my problem: I never complete a story. but I'll try to update

(1) (Reply)

10 Must See Facts About The World's Youngest Country / My Worst Nightmare – EPISODE 1 / Beautiful Poem For Super Eagles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.