Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,759 members, 7,806,079 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:06 AM

We Won’t Force Tinubu To Support Akeredolu – Dr. Tunji Abayomi, - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Won’t Force Tinubu To Support Akeredolu – Dr. Tunji Abayomi, (18407 Views)

Tunji Abayomi Writes Tinubu Again- SaharaReporters / Tinubu Replies Tunji Abayomi: I Never Relied On Your Advice To Choose Buhari / RANCHES: We Won’t Force Anybody To Surrender Land- FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Won’t Force Tinubu To Support Akeredolu – Dr. Tunji Abayomi, by dtnadeyemi1993(m): 6:01am On Oct 02, 2016
An aspirant in the September 3 governorship primary of the All Progressives Congress in Ondo State, Dr. Tunji Abayomi, has faulted Asiwaju Bola Tinubu’s call for John Odigie-Oyegun’s resignation as chairman of the APC.

He stated that the major opposition party would do its best to win the state’s governorship poll without Tinubu’s support.

Abayomi said Tinubu’s call was inappropriate because the National Working Committee of the party upheld results of the primary.

A former President of the Nigerian Bar Association, Rotimi Akeredolu (SAN), defeated other aspirants, including Dr. Olusegun Abraham, who was endorsed by Tinubu, to win the party’s governorship ticket.

Speaking with our correspondent on the telephone, Abayomi accused the Electoral Appeal Committee of causing  confusion in the party by recommending that the APC should conduct another primary, since it was impossible for the party to organise a fresh poll.

He said, “I am personally disappointed that Asiwaju would be determined to ensure that the results of the primary should be voided by all means. I think he was wrong. What is important is the support of the people of Ondo State. Though we want his (Tinubu) support for Akeredolu to win the election, we cannot force him (to do so). If he refuses to support us, that cannot stop us from moving on. We still have respect for him but we cannot force him to do (the) right (thing). We can only appeal to him to do (the) right (thing).”

He, however, maintained that the disagreement between Tinubu and Oyegun would not affect the stability of the party at the national level.

Meanwhile, the National Vice Chairman of the APC (South South), Hilliard Eta has said, with the party’s victory in the Edo State governorship poll, the APC aims to win the Ondo governorship poll.

Eta, who spoke in a telephone interview with SUNDAY PUNCH in Abuja, on Saturday, said the APC’s victory was a testimony to Governor Adams Oshiomhole’s performance.

Eta said, “We have won in Edo. What is left for us now is to reconcile our members in Ondo State and support our candidate to ensure that we win the forthcoming governorship election.”

Following the APC’s victory in the Edo poll, former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar, Oyegun, Oyo State Governor, Abiola Ajimobi, and the Ondo APC congratulated the Governor-elect, Godwin Obaseki.

Ajimobi described Obaseki as a worthy successor to Governor Adams Oshiomhole.

He said, “I’m confident that the incoming governor will not betray the confidence people of Edo have in Obaseki by giving him their mandate, based on his impeccable antecedents as a good manager of men and resources.”

In a related development, the Ondo State governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Eyitayo Jegede (SAN),  has said the Independent National Electoral Commission’s publication of his name and credentials affirmed him as the PDP’s authentic candidate.

Due to a leadership crisis in the party, two factions of the party claimed to have submitted different names to INEC.

While Ahmed Makarfi’s faction submitted Jegede’s name, Ali Modu Sheriff’s faction said it submitted Jimoh Ibrahim’s name.

He said, “We cannot allow fifth columnists to paint us as a divided house. The real PDP members know that we have just one united house.”

http://punchng.com/wont-force-tinubu-support-akeredolu-abayomi/

2 Shares

Re: We Won’t Force Tinubu To Support Akeredolu – Dr. Tunji Abayomi, by tripzalee(m): 6:12am On Oct 02, 2016
Hgfh
Re: We Won’t Force Tinubu To Support Akeredolu – Dr. Tunji Abayomi, by sarrki(m): 6:18am On Oct 02, 2016
Apc forget Ondo

You can't win ondo

You guys lack internal democracy

You rode to power on the same thing you accused pdp of

Am not a blind follower

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Won’t Force Tinubu To Support Akeredolu – Dr. Tunji Abayomi, by FagsamPHP(m): 6:29am On Oct 02, 2016
lol, when OLUSOLA OKE already decamped to AD in other to contest.... The game is no longer between PDP vs APC, The game is PDP vs OLUSOLA OKE'S (AD).... PDP will floor anybody in Central, OLUSOLA OKE to win massively in the south, AKETI can't win NORTH....... This is Ondo politics, APC to come third in the coming election

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Won’t Force Tinubu To Support Akeredolu – Dr. Tunji Abayomi, by sarrki(m): 6:40am On Oct 02, 2016
Op add source
Re: We Won’t Force Tinubu To Support Akeredolu – Dr. Tunji Abayomi, by Boleyndynasty2(f): 6:41am On Oct 02, 2016
I really don't like the way these guys are talking to Tinubu. angry

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Won’t Force Tinubu To Support Akeredolu – Dr. Tunji Abayomi, by arewafederation: 6:47am On Oct 02, 2016
sarrki:
Apc forget Ondo

You can't win ondo

You guys lack internal democracy

You rode to power on the same thing you accused pdp of

Am not a blind follower

Why will APC not win Ondo?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Won’t Force Tinubu To Support Akeredolu – Dr. Tunji Abayomi, by sarrki(m): 6:50am On Oct 02, 2016
arewafederation:

Why will APC not win Ondo?

If the foundation be faulty

What can the righteous do ?

5 Likes

Re: We Won’t Force Tinubu To Support Akeredolu – Dr. Tunji Abayomi, by seunmsg(m): 6:50am On Oct 02, 2016
Abayomi is just a joker who should be ignored. He cannot win his polling unit not to talk of delivering the entire state. Any talk of APC winning the election in Ondo state is long dead as Akeredolu is no longer in the race. At best, he will win just Owo local government and come a very distant third. The election is now between Eyitayo Jegede of PDP and Olusola Oke of AD.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Won’t Force Tinubu To Support Akeredolu – Dr. Tunji Abayomi, by dtnadeyemi1993(m): 6:53am On Oct 02, 2016
Am tired for all this apc candidate self...we thought pmb will work like fashola...buh no...everyone is just hungry nw no good road nothing...my oct 31 speech to ondo state...pls just vote for me as the governor and let me be ur messiah to help u be great so that the sun can be shine once again..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Won’t Force Tinubu To Support Akeredolu – Dr. Tunji Abayomi, by malele(m): 6:54am On Oct 02, 2016
Greedy and self centred men
Re: We Won’t Force Tinubu To Support Akeredolu – Dr. Tunji Abayomi, by EMMYLBANKS(m): 7:09am On Oct 02, 2016
Them to dey hype that drunkard tinubu..make e sit down one place jhor

in other news when i won comment nobody ask or beg me to type this morning, am jst saying incase tinubu fans rush come to full my mention this morning na better banned them dey ask for be dat oo

10 Likes

Re: We Won’t Force Tinubu To Support Akeredolu – Dr. Tunji Abayomi, by arewafederation: 7:10am On Oct 02, 2016
sarrki:

Pray for miracle? grin

There is still time to mend fences.
Re: We Won’t Force Tinubu To Support Akeredolu – Dr. Tunji Abayomi, by sarrki(m): 7:50am On Oct 02, 2016
arewafederation:

Pray for miracle? grin

The truth my bro is that let the people's will be heard
Re: We Won’t Force Tinubu To Support Akeredolu – Dr. Tunji Abayomi, by Nobody: 9:33am On Oct 02, 2016
Who Tinubu don EPP sef

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Won’t Force Tinubu To Support Akeredolu – Dr. Tunji Abayomi, by Helkayklassic(m): 9:34am On Oct 02, 2016
APC and PDP is divided... I hope they won't be surprise if Olusole Oke of AD win the election.

6 Likes

Re: We Won’t Force Tinubu To Support Akeredolu – Dr. Tunji Abayomi, by akins56(m): 9:35am On Oct 02, 2016
Hanhan,,how many threads on front page concerning tinubu would we see today ke ?

Even those who left public office just last year are no where to be found, all hail jagaban, their grand master!

8 Likes

Re: We Won’t Force Tinubu To Support Akeredolu – Dr. Tunji Abayomi, by mccoy47(m): 9:36am On Oct 02, 2016
Mtchewww. Tale of 2 thieves angry
Re: We Won’t Force Tinubu To Support Akeredolu – Dr. Tunji Abayomi, by Generalkorex(m): 9:37am On Oct 02, 2016
ok
Re: We Won’t Force Tinubu To Support Akeredolu – Dr. Tunji Abayomi, by Pavore9: 9:37am On Oct 02, 2016
Tinubu is a deity that would consume itself.

2 Likes

Re: We Won’t Force Tinubu To Support Akeredolu – Dr. Tunji Abayomi, by martineinstein(m): 9:39am On Oct 02, 2016
i like d way ondo ppl are pocketing tinubu.

Fashola,amechi,amosun,fayemi and co are really giving dem confidence

5 Likes

Re: We Won’t Force Tinubu To Support Akeredolu – Dr. Tunji Abayomi, by Nobody: 9:40am On Oct 02, 2016
Lol

A crown on a clown does not make him a king.

Tunji Abayomi cannot win his ward in a clear contest.

We are from the same LGA

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Won’t Force Tinubu To Support Akeredolu – Dr. Tunji Abayomi, by obembet(f): 9:44am On Oct 02, 2016
Till then
Re: We Won’t Force Tinubu To Support Akeredolu – Dr. Tunji Abayomi, by 01emek(m): 9:48am On Oct 02, 2016
fg
Re: We Won’t Force Tinubu To Support Akeredolu – Dr. Tunji Abayomi, by gudnex22(m): 9:50am On Oct 02, 2016
sarrki:

He won't understand because he is not a Christian.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: We Won’t Force Tinubu To Support Akeredolu – Dr. Tunji Abayomi, by fulaniHERDSman(m): 9:51am On Oct 02, 2016
I am here to defend Buhari my brother ... let me see who will mention his name cool

2 Likes

Re: We Won’t Force Tinubu To Support Akeredolu – Dr. Tunji Abayomi, by Nobody: 9:54am On Oct 02, 2016
Abayomi doing Akeredolu harm with his thoughtless comments

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Won’t Force Tinubu To Support Akeredolu – Dr. Tunji Abayomi, by arabbunkum: 9:57am On Oct 02, 2016
The Jagaban is gradually being cut to size. What a pity.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Won’t Force Tinubu To Support Akeredolu – Dr. Tunji Abayomi, by modath(f): 9:58am On Oct 02, 2016
arewafederation:

Pray for miracle? grin

Miracles only happen when there is an enabling atmosphere, is it this one that the APC folks are on the war path?

Whoever advised APC (Oyegun, & his cohorts) to manipulate the primary is their mortal enemy... They gave their "sure dinner" to cats and dogs to feed on...

PDP wasn't in the race to start with ,( forget the social media lies being bandied about, Mimiko is a persona non grata and his pick has inherited the angst), their primary was the main election & november just a mere confirmation but they bungled it... What a damn shame!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Won’t Force Tinubu To Support Akeredolu – Dr. Tunji Abayomi, by adaweezy(m): 10:00am On Oct 02, 2016
dtnadeyemi1993:

http://punchng.com/wont-force-tinubu-support-akeredolu-abayomi/
j I doubt tunji abayomi can win an election in his house

4 Likes

Re: We Won’t Force Tinubu To Support Akeredolu – Dr. Tunji Abayomi, by sammyj: 10:02am On Oct 02, 2016
This a case of our politicians fighting for their selfish interest and not about the people. Please let them go and park well if this will not epp the people! ! angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Benin River Port: Obaseki Tours Edo Waterways, Assures Investors Of Security, .. / Atiku Will Lose His Polling Unit Tomorrow, As Usual~adamawa APC Secretary / Jonathan keeps PDP guessing one week to Kogi, Bayelsa elections - The Nation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.